Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles (51662 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
luvinhubby: Yobo, yes we accept....move on. Keshi, no, we reject, we will match whatever SA wants to pay you.
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Sheenor: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
i knew dis is gonna happn.....hopefully, sunday olishe is gonna take over........nd dat guy call mikel....eh eh, okay.....
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by nnamdibig(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
What a away to quit the national team, after scoring an own goal that eliminated the team that you are their leader as a captain...... Yobo is really a mistake in this tournament.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by seyizma(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
CONFIRMED!!

ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/140630/Keshi_and_Yobo_quit
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by seyizma(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by judedwriter(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
Business man! cheesy d fat man has already made his millions from peak milk, pepsi, Nff, Fifa, etc. Wetin concern am wit super eagles Abegee-make d man go wit I'm wahala.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
kingron: Wise decision..i wish that nitwit called Mikel can quit also...mumuish novision player..Pleas how do dese get to D NFA...i just wanna punch Mikel..he is probably our worst player since super Eagles was coined...any body that says otherwise..may BokoHaram visit ur room...u cant underatand d ammount of hate i have for Mikel is game is so lifeless..it makes me wanna vomit...choi..

and Pls Moses Go back to England...Babatunde sorry for insulting U..i Luv u #nohomo e be like say u beta pass moses
true talk.Mikel na mumu
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by davidugotex(m): 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
Yobo where did you leave your thinking cap since that you waited to crash us out of the World cup before it dawned on you that you have nothing new to offer? If you had done this after the Nations Cup it would have been more honourable.
No wonder they say it is better to leave the stage when ovation is loudest.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
Royal Roy: Good riddance to two bad rubbish.
smiley it was guilty conscience, esp wit Yobo. As for Keshi, dude is just not thinking straight.

nnamdi big: What a away to quit the national team, after scoring an own goal that eliminated the team that you are their leader as a captain...... Yobo is really a mistake in this tournament.
I wanted to say it was pressure but then which man falters in the heat of the moment? Yobo lost his focus somewhere in the last minutes, I would say.

dee_drizzie: babatunde nko?
I actually didn't see him do much in this one. Or maybe na just me. undecided

sniperwolf: Always resigning after the end of a tournament
why do they do that between? I don't get it, undecided
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by pazienza(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking: Thank you stephen keshi..You have done nigerians proud. Nobody gave you a chance yet you came out on top. You have also done all Niger Deltans proud by your selfless service that you rendered to the country.

We nigerians and most especially people from SS will always celebrate your success.

Taa! Get away you, Keshi is an Igbo man, there is nothing like SS. If Nzeogwu coup remains Igbo coup and not SS or Niger delta coup, then Keshi a kin to Nzeogwu remains Igbo. So stop this your attache by force already.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by ozijay: 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
mikeansy: Time for fresh start

Let Sunday Oliseh take over

hahaha Sunday oliseh don't have the energy to withstand the curruption in the NFF, we need people like Olusegun Obasanjo as the new couch. Trust me I'm talking from experience, even Keshi Knows.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by vainfairy: 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
luvinhubby: Yobo, yes we accept....move on.
Keshi, no, we reject, we will match whatever SA wants to pay you.

Guess u must b really high, sir!!!
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by kayloyeng(m): 12:05am On Jul 01, 2014
rahazaqa: They both tried for Nigeria. Let appreciate their effort.
you just speak my mind.
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by shizzle11(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Keshi did his best and did well too under unfavourable conditions, i wish him well in his future endeavour. I hope he gets the south African job, they will appreciate him more. Good luck to him.

That iddiot calamity Yobo, well nothing to say to him angry

And for those of you calling Mikel names, he might not be all you want him to be but not until you get a better player for that role, he remains the best option for now, lest we find someone as good. If you like drink cement, you will have to contend with Mikel for much longer

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by MEILYN(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa:
Siasia's better than Oliseh. Oliseh is a no testing guy. Siasia is almost as good as Keshi. But we want someone thats better than Keshi or we remain with Keshi
have you ever seen Oliseh coach?
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by chimzyblack(m): 12:10am On Jul 01, 2014
SOME PEOPLE DONT APPRECIATE WHAT KESHI AND YOBO HAVE DONE FOR THE EAGLES OVER THE YEARS U ALL THINK IT IS EASY ABI WHAT CRIME HAVE DEY COMMITTED ? I WAS EXPECTING U PEOPLE TO AT LEAST GIVE THESE GUYZ SOME SUPPORT DEY ARE LEGENDS IN THE MAKING. AND ALL U R HERE INSULTING DEM FOR REPRESENTING THEIR BELOVED COUNTRY.
DONT WORRY,ONEDAY U WILL ALSO BE IN THE SAME SHOES AND U WILL END UP NOT BEIGN APPRECIATED AND U ALL WILL SEE HOW IT FEELS LIKE.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by shizzle11(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2014
yeyenatu: smiley it was guilty conscience, esp wit Yobo. As for Keshi, dude is just not thinking straight.

I wanted to say it was pressure but then which man falters in the heat of the moment? Yobo lost his focus somewhere in the last minutes, I would say.

how do you mean keshi is not thinking straight?
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by davidif: 12:13am On Jul 01, 2014
Chai, Nigerian fans are sooooooo fickle (like a lot of other football fans). Before this game, the way they were bragging about how they would beat France hahaha. I hope you guys are eating your humble pie now. Gosh, now i know why people say Nigerians can be very cocky.

Its as if nothing in our culture teaches us humility, its always about bragging and making bold declarations. Well how well has that worked for us.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by shizzle11(m): 12:15am On Jul 01, 2014
silly nigerians!

When some of us were shouting that calamity yobo had no business in the team any longer, some people kept clamouring for him and even said keshi is jealous of him, now we have seen it, shebi he has achieved his 100th cap dream of appearing in another world cup? nonsense.
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by shizzle11(m): 12:20am On Jul 01, 2014
everybody fvcked up in the match against France ad i mean every body. from calamity yobo to mikel to osaze to even the usually impressive enyeama, so we cant single out any person, after 25-30mins of the match they switched off. I was thinking they will up their game in the second half, alas i was wrong cos the 2nd half was total football rubbish......nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by deedrizzie: 12:21am On Jul 01, 2014
Yeyenatu
"I actually didn't see him do much in this one. Or maybe na just me."

He ddnt play o...Onazi's shot scatterd his wrist in d Argentina game...
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by canalily(m): 12:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Useless heap of idiots in the national team....
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by deedrizzie: 12:26am On Jul 01, 2014
yeyenatu: smiley it was guilty conscience, esp wit Yobo. As for Keshi, dude is just not thinking straight.

Babatunde ddnt play...Onazi's shot shattered hia wrist in d Argentina game
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by HDT13(m): 12:26am On Jul 01, 2014
sport drama lipsrsealed
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by onila(f): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2014
It is simple, we have managers not leaders. Managers never leave except they are fired or they die. Leaders know when it is time to move to next chapter or the next big thing or even the next challenge. That is why leadership is influence.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Frankbaro(m): 12:37am On Jul 01, 2014
Dragonking: Thank you stephen keshi..You have done nigerians proud. Nobody gave you a chance yet you came out on top. You have also done all Niger Deltans proud by your selfless service that you rendered to the country.

We nigerians and most especially people from SS will always celebrate your success.

Selfless service indeed! After collecting 5 million Naira a month. U still call that selfless for a tactless and technically bereft coach, Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Fulaman198(m): 12:38am On Jul 01, 2014
davidif: Chai, Nigerian fans are sooooooo fickle (like a lot of other football fans). Before this game, the way they were bragging about how they would beat France hahaha. I hope you guys are eating your humble pie now. Gosh, now i know why people say Nigerians can be very cocky.

Its as if nothing in our culture teaches us humility, its always about bragging and making bold declarations. Well how well has that worked for us.

I agree with you, the problem is that Nigerian fans are jingoistic and fickle. Most are not realistic and honest with themselves. Though I am deeply saddened by the loss of my nation, pointing fingers at each other is not a means of solving the issue with the current state of Nigerian football. The problem stems from the NFF and the politics within the nation itself. We can do more, MUCH MORE.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 01, 2014
alaoeri: High time we get a replacement for Mikel also, if he get a competitor for his position maybe he will up his game.
you too.
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by repogirl(f): 12:43am On Jul 01, 2014
i guess Keshi wants to resign before he is asked to quit, but no nao! He did wonders for this team, abeg they shouldnt let him go o, we dont want to go back to square one, if he continues with the eagles,we just might reach semi finals in the next two world cups in 2022. grin, they tried today,its not as if we expected them to bring back the cup.
Re: Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles by cocoduck: 12:48am On Jul 01, 2014
Stephen Keshi did a fantastic job, African nations cup and world cup are definetly not the same, if were, why hasn't egypt lifted the world cup? and who then do NFF go for as national team coach? Sia1? of course not, he could not even qualify for the AFCON, so anybody less that MOurinho, if you want a foreign coach, you are wasting your time, na wa for all these arm chair coaches, keshi needs time to build on his successes, he is a fantastic coach.
It will be easier for Boko haram to lay down their arms than for Nigeria to go past the last 8 in the world cup, come on france has a very good domestic league, so how can you whose domestic league is just 5hit beat franc at this stage, blame NFF not Keshi, blame the cattle rearer called May garri, how many children can mention 5 nigerian league clubs? you that same child can mention 15 BPL clubs without batting an eyelid. So stop cying over spilt milk

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Ignored Mauricio Pochettino's Handshake After Being Substituted. / Cristiano Ronaldo Locks Lips With Girlfriend As They Enjoy Family Holiday. Photo / Super Falcons Players Vs Cameroonian Players (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.