Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,742 members, 7,837,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi (33823 Views)

Fifa Admits Bronze Boot Error, Chukwueze Not Nwakali Winner / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Sammyblaq(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2014
haaaaaaa! If not for Enyema...scoreline for be like 5-0. Keshi Fukt.
First goal: 2 and 3 were not at their post...period.
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by ideology(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2014
Yes, he made a mistake, but Did his mistake also make our strikers not to score, did it make Mikel invisible on the pitch, was his mistake the reason Ozase played every where on pitch.
How could Nigeria win with no creative midfielder at least like that short guy from France

If Enyema is an excuse, then Keshi was an error himself, sitting thruout an important match, watching the ref blow rubbish without beckconing for fair play.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by StealthyMe(m): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2014
Yeah, Enyeama made a mistake with that clearance..Quite Agreeable.
But Keshi's mistake - Mikel cost us more !
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by slex(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2014
hermes_progidy: yimu... So why was he raising his two hands to the sky like he was thanking Jah? No be celebration be that?

So make im no thank God again?
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by ismolicious(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2014
All this one no concern me

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by omar22(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2014
Sammyblaq: haaaaaaa! If not for Enyema...scoreline for be like 5-0. Keshi Fukt.
First goal: 2 and 3 were not at their post...period.

So what was Enyeama's job?

His error cost us the game.... Simple
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by klych(m): 7:55am On Jul 01, 2014
Keshi has just told us that he lacks the quality of been a leader cos he failed to take resposibbility rather he is pointing hands on vincent Enyiama who has been outstanding and kept us flying is Brazil.Their is no need for escape goat cos they played as a team and failed to progress.I believe keshi is d boos and he is exepected to make the neccessary changes but he failed.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Btruth: 8:02am On Jul 01, 2014
If Enyeama was an error in that match, then Keshi and the rest of the team was a disaster. Oponu agbalagba! Too big to admit that he is sorry. He's too fool of himself. Anyway, I never liked you in the first place. I think Siasia is better off than you 100%.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by akwaowoudo(m): 8:04am On Jul 01, 2014
The blame game!
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by omar22(m): 8:05am On Jul 01, 2014
klych: Keshi has just told us that he lacks the quality of been a leader cos he failed to take resposibbility rather he is pointing hands on vincent Enyiama who has been outstanding and kept us flying is Brazil.Their is no need for escape goat cos they played as a team and failed to progress.I believe keshi is d boos and he is exepected to make the neccessary changes but he failed.

Yes the keeper made an error and yes Enyeama could have come out and say its his fault, but Keshi trying to hang him out to dry is starting to tick me off, Keshi's subsitution could me questioned, Bringing on Gabriel (or one of his Pay players) made Pogba who looked ordinary look more like Zidane because Onazi kept Pogba and Cabaya quiet
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Amaechi5(m): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2014
the corner kick that led to thae 1st goal i think i saw a french guy is that evra in front of enyema when he was pushing it away and had it been enyema didn't come out that guy would have scored.The only thing i blame enyema is not punching it hard enough and whereas yobo was beside pogba why didn't he reacted quickly or was he daydreaming.I blame our loss to the midfield and defenders cause the pressure was so much on enyema that towards the end of the game.
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by kendrick93(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2014
enyeama was both a hero and a villain @ d WC. great shot stopper but his errors cost us. he has always been suspect when it setpieces. SA 2010 his errors caused us too against korea.. ok check at argentina,messi freekick. its all well and gud saving shots bt when it cums to setpieces u fluff it. great shot stopper but useless in other qualities
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Slickest(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2014
Oh so its enyeama we shld blame......keshi should shut up! I dunno if am d only 1 dat noticed, mikel was a waste in dat match but onazi covered up his tracks, supported him in the No4 role nd was vry active @d No10 role, he got injured nd he brought a useless 4 dat gave so much room 2 pogba nd d french midfield, dat was wen mikel's presence was absent, no 10, we had a double 4 which stopped our attackin chances.....shiit apns, thumbs up eaGles, keshi ef up!!!!!!!!
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by kendrick93(m): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2014
Amaechi5: the corner kick that led to thae 1st goal i think i saw a french guy is that evra in front of enyema when he was pushing it away and had it been enyema didn't come out that guy would have scored.The only thing i blame enyema is not punching it hard enough and whereas yobo was beside pogba why didn't he reacted quickly or was he daydreaming.I blame our loss to the midfield and defenders cause the pressure was so much on enyema that towards the end of the game.
pls stop sugarcoating it.it was his fault,finito. he had 2 choices stay in his line or punch it well,insread he fluffed it
setpieces has always been his weakness..thats why never play for a top club
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Ayoswit(f): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2014
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by omar22(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2014
kendrick93: enyeama was both a hero and a villain @ d WC. great shot stopper but his errors cost us. he has always been suspect when it setpieces. SA 2010 his errors caused us too against korea.. ok check at argentina,messi freekick. its all well and gud saving shots bt when it cums to setpieces u fluff it. great shot stopper but useless in other qualities

Thats wrong with Messi's freekick?
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by seankay(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2014
vital94: enyeama and yobo send eagles out,enyeama dat first goal is 2 small 4 u nw
you know nothing about football.if you were observant enough, you would have realised Nigeria couldn't defend corners (it was so bad that at a time when the French team had a corner, I noticed they had just 2 players in our box and to my surprise kosienly still got to the ball first) so ever since then, Enyeama was coming out for the balls cos our players were just in the box for nothing. I don't blame him, I blame keshi for not training for setpieces, for not training how to score, for keeping Moses and Mikel on the pitch for long, not having a plan B, not having a better replacement for onazi and the short1 mikel.( joel obi)
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by omar22(m): 8:21am On Jul 01, 2014
seankay: you know nothing about football.if you were observant enough, you would have realised Nigeria couldn't defend corners (it was so bad that at a time when the French team had a corner, I noticed they had just 2 players in our box and to my surprise kosienly still got to the ball first) so ever since then, Enyeama was coming out for the balls cos our players were just in the box for nothing. I don't blame him, I blame keshi for not training for setpieces, for not training how to score, for keeping Moses and Mikel on the pitch for long, not having a plan B, not having a better replacement for onazi and the short1 mikel.( joel obi)

Agree...... but if you come out for the ball, its either you gather it or punch it clear, but Enyeama parried it into the path of Pogba's head, who just guided it into the net. Am sorry its his fault

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by kobonaire(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

Why would he come to a news he probably hasn't read.
yeah right .... like he does not have "ears to the ground". This was reported by goal.com
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by kendrick93(m): 8:28am On Jul 01, 2014
omar22:

Thats wrong with Messi's freekick?
he could hav done beta simple
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2014
spiritfada: Stephen Keshi believes that Vincent Enyeama cost Nigeria their World Cup progress with his blunder in their 2-0 last-16 defeat by France on Monday.

The goalkeeper pulled off some fine saves to keep Les Bleus at bay but made a fatal error with 11 minutes left, failing to clear a corner which allowed Paul Pogba to put Didier Deschamps's men into the lead.

Joseph Yobo, on his 100th cap, scored an own goal in the last minute as the Super Eagles failed in their goal to reach the World Cup quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

Keshi admitted that Enyeama's error had handed the game to France and hinted that some of his players had taken their eye off the ball.

"Enyeama had to make a decision and I don't know why he went for it like that," he told reporters. "It's his call and it cost us. It was a big moment.

"I don't know why African teams don't go further. If I were out there on the pitch, I would never want to go home. Probably some of the players are not focused enough. We will have to review this."

Keshi also admitted that recent behind-the-scenes protests over Nigeria's World Cup bonuses had been down to "cultural issues", with fellow African nations Ghana and Cameroon also seeing their players go head-to-head with football associations over post-tournament pay-outs.
Source: http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/4926770

Why is he blaming the goal keeper when we all know who the real culprit is.Mikel Obi was no where in that match he is the person who cost them the game if anyone is to be blamed it is mikel obi
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by omar22(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2014
kendrick93: he could hav done beta simple

In a freekick, any balll that goes over a wall into the net, all credits goes to the scorer because the keeper is covering the open space.
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Alexshey(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2014
yomip3t: WELL THAT SO TRUE BUT WE CAN'T BLAME HIM WHEN WE HAVE DEFENDERS ALSO. WHERE WERE OUR DEFENDERS WHEN POGBA WAS STANDING THERE ALONE ?
Dn't mind them jare. Imagine Yobo was in front of Pogba but was too big to lift himself and keshi was there blaming enyeama. NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by ceo003: 8:53am On Jul 01, 2014
how can he blame enyama for the loss when it was enyeama that got nigeria to the 2nd round. hes probably the best keeper nigeria has ever produced. what of yobos f..k up and why didnt the team score?
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Ayoswit(f): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2014
[quote
author=kobonaire]Coach Keshi. SHAME ON YOU for singling out a player
like that. Do you know that Enyeama is one of the bright spots of the
Super Eagles at Brazil. Arguably their best player too. Yes, he made a
mistake with that first goal but there were a good 10 minutes after
that. What did the other players do in those 10 minutes? What did you do
coach? From what I could see you were looking in awe at the French team
instead of trying to encourage our boys or make a tactical change.
Now please apologize to Vincent in private for making him your scape
goat. The team failed as a unit and you are the leader of that unit,
so accept responsibility
. When SE won AFCON in 2013, you were quite
fast in absorbing all the kudos, now be a man and do the same as a
leader of our beloved super eagles.
Vincent Enyeama and the boys that played well - THANK YOU![/quote]

i tire 4 ds pple mentality- why can't he tek d blame for nt fielding d full squad of AFCON champions dt gave him d victory.

wen has he ever comeout to commend enyeama's splendid saves, or wen has he come out to condemned mikel poor outing 4 d team? badbelle dey smell

1 Like

Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by modupea: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2014
ChynoBEATS: That man should shurrup jor..... The mistake wasn't enyeama it wz keshi himself.... Y should he use Ruben gabriel instead of Rahmon azzez ?? ....... Ruben didn't cover 4 mikel so we lost d midField to france..... Dat Ruben of a guy iz a pure waste of substitution....... U get Nwafor, uzoenyi ,ameobi,azzez n uchebo.... U go use Ruben... Dude (keshi) sold d game..... So y shuld he be blaming his goalKeeper .... Keeper's Make mistakes.... Buh Coaches Make Blunders undecided

God bless you o
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Dotng: 9:32am On Jul 01, 2014
It is foolhardy for Keshi to blame Enyeama for our loss. When a keeper is subjected to the kind of pressure that Enyeama faced, he is bound to commit errors in judgment. After the exit of Onazi the midfield virtually collapsed, the defence and keeper took a heavy beating. Questions that Keshi needs to answer: what happened to the bench? Why were there no tactical response to the challenge the Eagles faced? Was it Enyeama that prevented our team from scoring?
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by mickkywatsnaira(m): 9:40am On Jul 01, 2014
Keshi is to blame for de defeat,frm Iran - France games he refuse make gud impact frm de bench. Big shame = big boss.
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Habiola94: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2014
Z8: To me Enyeama saved a lot of definite goals. But how he handled that goal was a clear mistake. He should have punched it not. It wasn't a clearance it was like he just tapped it. cry
tank u jawe my broda, we knw he"s a gr8 keeper bt dat doesn't mean we shouldn't point out his error... Matuidi deserves red in dat match
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by ddeola: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2014
Keshi should take full responsibility as the coach and stop the "nonesense". The boys have tried, that doesn't mean they couldn't have done better but it's over with this tournament for the team. Best of luck next time
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by NUGAWHITE(m): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2014
I don't beliv in this, Vincent Enyeama remains our and only Saviour in this tournament, he has done wonderfully well, he saved uncountable numbers of ball that would have caused us exit since the beginning of this tournament. 'Kudo to Enyeama'!
Re: Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi by Angeldemivida: 10:54am On Jul 01, 2014
Why does Keshi always look for a fall guy to blame? The iran case he blamed it on Osaze, this time around it's Enyeama. He shouldn't even mention Enyeama's name if he has nothing good to say about him cause Enyeama has saved his a*s and job a million times. Enyeama is the reason he is cruising on Adenuga's jeep and enjoying all that riches and endorsements that came with their past winnings. That's right!!!Enyeama is the reason they even advanced to that stage in this world cup, so he should shut the f*ck up, kneel down and thank God for taking him that far instead of hanging his shoulder high in pride and resigning.

What everybody forgets is that FOOTBALL IS NO DETERMINANT OF THE WORTH OF ONE COUNTRY OR THE OTHER so you guys should stop being too passionate about it. Is it not that game with goal posts far away from themselves and people have to run around plenty much trying to dribble in goals and we all clap and get excited if they are lucky to put in some. What the heck, they should bring out a game that exposes man's intellect and over all abilities and use it for stuffs like worldcup competition not this game that have people chasing around a ball like they are crazy. Jeez!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record / Alex Ferguson Blocks Man Utd From Sacking Solskjaer After Liverpool Defeat / What's happening to Spanish football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.