Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,978 members, 7,866,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

What Do We Really Want From Our Governors? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do We Really Want From Our Governors? (666 Views)

Do Children Of Our Governors\sentors Attend Nigerian Institutions Hv U Seen Any? / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? / Our Governors Have No Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Really Want From Our Governors? by capricon: 8:48am On Jul 01, 2014
What should development be based on? Please let us look at it critically

Now i i know that most states have little resources as compared with the budgets of most industrialized areas of the world so comparing ourselves with Europe for instance is out of it

I have seen where governors build roads yet no pipe borne water.

I have seen where governors build schools (no commensurate improvement in literacy levels) yet healthcare is Zero.

Some are interested in beautifying their states yet some will say its misplaced priority

Should it be industrialization?( is this their responsibility?)

Also as with the case of Ekiti state the gov built some infrastructure yet people wanted direct empowerment.

What do u term development and can it be realistically achieved in our clime at least within the shortest possible period.
Re: What Do We Really Want From Our Governors? by Sheenor: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2014
brb
Re: What Do We Really Want From Our Governors? by reedonne: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2014
Empowerment,
Education and health
Reliable pipe-borne water supply
Transportation(especially bridge)
Others.
The is in order of priority
When the people are rich, the can
1) Give the govt enough tax to build roads,
2) Build beautiful house to make the state beautiful, a govt that is trying to beautify his state by building infrastructure is doing nothing, even if the state have first class infrastructure and the people are living in ugly or even mud house, how is that state beautiful, if someone just take its picture and post it online, will you call a place with flyovers and mud house a beautiful place?
3)Education problem will reduce: When the people are rich, they can afford good school for their children
4)Health problem will reduce: When the people are rich, they wont wait on the govt for healthcare. I doubt if half of Nigeria Lowwer middle class use public health service
So their duty is to empower the people, but the job is not an easy one.

(1) (Reply)

‎​Again, LASU Students Reject New Fees / Watch Out The New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved @ 2014 / Chibok: Letter To Abducted Schoolgirls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.