Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (3264 Views)

Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / How Can I Have Supernatural Powers? / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
Atheist and those doubting the existence of God should just answer this one question for me,what is the source of supernatural powers like Voodoo,juju,Occultic and witchcraft powers.we cannot deny that those powers does not exist,we know of secret cult like Ogboni,Fremansons,Illuminati etc
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
you don't need anyone to tell you. first liberate yourself/mind from religious bondage and then do some research.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by MadCow1: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
I was gonna tell you, but it still wouldnt change your mind.. cool
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
please those that know the source of supernatural powers should tell me,I want to know the source because I have seen where somebody uses a basket to hold water without the water leaking through the holes.If there is no special powers from the above either from God or demons,what is source of the power
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by thehomer: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Rayhut: please those that know the source of supernatural powers should tell me,I want to know the source because I have seen where somebody uses a basket to hold water without the water leaking through the holes.If there is no special powers from the above either from God or demons,what is source of the power

What makes you think there are supernatural powers?
Take a look at shows like say Dynamo Magician Impossible.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by pesty100(m): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
Rayhut: please those that know the source of supernatural powers should tell me,I want to know the source because I have seen where somebody uses a basket to hold water without the water leaking through the holes.If there is no special powers from the above either from God or demons,what is source of the power
let me ask you, have you ever experienced supernatural power one on one... And not that you heard about it from someone
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
@Rahyut,
asking an athiest about the source of supernatural powers, is like asking a blind man the color of your cloth. It's only those who have personally experienced it, that'll understand you. Or can you argue with a blind man about the color of your shirt? Don't waist your time quoting senseless posts.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by macof(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Rayhut: Atheist and those doubting the existence of God should just answer this one question for me,what is the source of supernatural powers like Voodoo,juju,Occultic and witchcraft powers.we cannot deny that those powers does not exist,we know of secret cult like Ogboni,Fremansons,Illuminati etc

.what makes you think anything supernatural exist?
And btw what qualifies as supernatural?

And what concerns Ogboni, Freemason, Illuminati with supernatural??
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
I've seen a man walk across a small rope that extended across the Grand Canyon without any safety mechanism attached to him. It was on CNN. I've also seen David Blaine 'catch' a bullet with his teeth. They wouldn't be magicians if they told you their secrets, but no one here thinks that they're breaking natural rules. Snake charmers in India were exposed by the Animal Planet for removing the fangs of venomous snakes. They wouldn't dare touch a real king cobra with fangs intact. So what you saw was a magic show, not a supernatural event. The basket was a prop, or the liquid was.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by torchwave: 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
hahahahaha. The comments here really got me laughing hard. Lwkm. Op, next time you wanna throw a question to atheists, choose a saner question. Better still, keep it to yaself.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96: I've seen a man walk across a small rope that extended across the Grand Canyon without any safety mechanism attached to him. It was on CNN. I've also seen David Blaine 'catch' a bullet with his teeth. They wouldn't be magicians if they told you their secrets, but no one here thinks that they're breaking natural rules. Snake charmers in India were exposed by the Animal Planet for removing the fangs of venomous snakes. They wouldn't dare touch a real king cobra with fangs intact. So what you saw was a magic show, not a supernatural event. The basket was a prop, or the liquid was.

what are you saying oga? All these ^^ are tricks and explainable phenomena, hence can't be classed as supernatural. The man who caught a bullet with his teeth appeared to do so with the aid of special camera, carefully manipulated stage set and lighting.(the bullet and the gun used are fake, that's why magicians are called illusionists). But how can you explain the case of a deaf man whoose eardrum was surgically removed, suddenly grows a new one when the prayer of faith was offered for him. Or a paralysed man whom medical science has lost hope for suddenly starts walking! It's unexplainable! Hence it's supernatural!

The problem with you guys is that you expect science and logic to provide all the answers. Some matters can be understood in the context of faith, not logic or science.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
@yooguyz..do I need to believe in god before I have faith? And why is it that this iss of prayer of faith is more linked to the xtain folks more than other religions|sweetdelirium

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Ranchhoddas: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
Following keenly...
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
submit: @yooguyz..do I need to believe in god before I have faith?

nah you need faith to believe in God, it's the other way round.

And why is it that this iss of prayer of faith is more linked to the xtain folks more than other religions|sweetdelirium

Am speaking from the perspective of my religion (charismatic christianity)
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

what are you saying oga? All these ^^ are tricks and explainable phenomena, hence can't be classed as supernatural. The man who caught a bullet with his teeth appeared to do so with the aid of special camera, carefully manipulated stage set and lighting.(the bullet and the gun used are fake, that's why magicians are called illusionists). But how can you explain the case of a deaf man whoose eardrum was surgically removed, suddenly grows a new one when the prayer of faith was offered for him. Or a paralysed man whom medical science has lost hope for suddenly starts walking! It's unexplainable! Hence it's supernatural!

The problem with you guys is that you expect science and logic to provide all the answers. Some matters can be understood in the context of faith, not logic or science.

Anecdotal accounts don't prove anything.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

nah you need faith to believe in God, it's the other way round

So faith comes first then. No god needed.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

nah you need faith to believe in God, it's the other way round.

No.that's wrong, I never asked if I wanted to believe in god. All I asked was
do I need to believe in god before I have faith. You are talking about an entirely different thing.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

Exactly!
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
submit:
Exactly!

I didn't say it, he did. Don't know why he didn't just say NO.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

I didn't say it, he did. Don't know why he didn't just say NO.
Lol
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

Anecdotal accounts don't prove anything.

am talking about eye witness miracles. I have seen a neighbour whose leg were stiff because of athritis stand up and walk after a pastor laid hands on her. That was 11years ago, today she is stilling walking. after what i saw, i became strongly convinced that the supernatural is real. If i hadn't seen that, i would probably be among the bandwagon of people calling those miracles unproven anecdotal accounts.

That's why i keep saying you can't understand these things until you experience one yourself.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
Weah96:

Has science proved the non-existence of God?

No.

So what's the word game about.

This goes to show that matters pertaining to God are beyond human comprehension. Take it or leave it.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
submit:

No.that's wrong, I never asked if I wanted to believe in god. All I asked was
do I need to believe in god before I have faith. You are talking about an entirely different thing.

kk now i get you.
The answer is no.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 12:10am On Jul 02, 2014
Good. So from your illustration,how sure are you that it was a consequence of the man laying his hand on your neighbour's leg that she got up? Also what proove do you have that it wasn't a result of her own faith? Did she tell you that she had faith in god that she would be healed or in the man?
You have to understand the concept of faith outside religion to appreciate its beauty.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by ebamma(m): 12:25am On Jul 02, 2014
Yooguyz:

am talking about eye witness miracles. I have seen a neighbour whose leg were stiff because of athritis stand up and walk after a pastor laid hands on her. That was 11years ago, today she is stilling walking. after what i saw, i became strongly convinced that the supernatural is real. If i hadn't seen that, i would probably be among the bandwagon of people calling those miracles unproven anecdotal accounts.

That's why i keep saying you can't understand these things until you experience one yourself.
e be like say na only u been see this one oh?,
or were u the miracle worker?

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by ebamma(m): 12:30am On Jul 02, 2014
Yooguyz:

blah blah blah,
sounds staged,
there are so many crippled and blind beggars who beg on major roads, let the miracle workers go there and heal them all, if the are for real,
why is it that all T B Joshua's miracles are performed inside his synagogue church?, if he wants me to believe that he is the real deal, he should take to the streets and perform those miracles or he is just another conman to me

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 12:37am On Jul 02, 2014
ebamma:
Baba, I tire o
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by submit: 12:37am On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 4:19am On Jul 02, 2014
ebamma:

Tell am oh. How many people have claimed to be eyewitnesses to actual manifestations of voodoo? Even my own blood broda enter Africa comot say na wit own eyes him c cooking pot use leg 4 run across d road. I almost slapped am.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by ebamma(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2014
Weah96:

Tell am oh. How many people have claimed to be eyewitnesses to actual manifestations of voodoo? Even my own blood broda enter Africa comot say na wit own eyes him c cooking pot use leg 4 run across d road. I almost slapped am.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by beejaay: 7:19am On Jul 02, 2014
Rayhut: Atheist and those doubting the existence of God should just answer this one question for me,what is the source of supernatural powers like Voodoo,juju,Occultic and witchcraft powers.we cannot deny that those powers does not exist,we know of secret cult like Ogboni,Fremansons,Illuminati etc
i had already told you in the other thread that just because you cant explain something, u should term it supernatural..nothing is supernatural and i can promise you that with time, that thing u called supernatural will be called natural. people still called sleep-paralysis psyhic attack down here in my place... they still think that agbana can enter peoples money and wealth and i wonder why cant agbana enters dangote or babangida or even tinubu money (agbana is mystical spending of ones money by spirit thereby turning the owner to a poor man)

here are few questions for you

1) do u still consider smallpox as supernatural disease hundreds of years ago our ancestor called it supernatural
2) do u still consider Maleria as supernatural diseasehundreds of years ago our ancestor called it supernatural and even worshipped it by called it Sonpana
3) flying on a plane a thousand years ago will be consider supernatural. now do u think its still supernatural

the point is that once u called something supernatural, u closed up your mind from asking question and moving towards answer and u are enjoined to always keep an open mind. we dont even know 10% of natural and people talk of something supernatural
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by beejaay: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2014
Yooguyz:

if anything is to be called supernatural then it should be science and logic

Science gave us Airplanes
Science gave us treatment to Smallpox,Maleria once called supernatural disease
Science gave us internet
Science gave us Phones to make long contact calls
Science gave us Ferrari and buggati
Science gave us spaceships to launch into outta earth

**why not get out of the box entirely instead trying to think outside the box****

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Encounters With The Spiritual Travellers / How Long Does It Take For Species To Evolve? / I Don't Understand Christianity,i Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.