Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (3276 Views)

Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / How Can I Have Supernatural Powers? / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2014
submit: Good. So from your illustration,how sure are you that it was a consequence of the man laying his hand on your neighbour's leg that she got up?

how many people that are suffering from athritis have you seen that stood up and started walking suddenly without pains?

Your medical science says it is impossibe.

Also what proove do you have that it wasn't a result of her own faith? Did she tell you that she had faith in god that she would be healed or in the man?

when our lord Jesus was alive, almost all miracles he performed were ascribed to the recipients faith.

You have to understand the concept of faith outside religion to appreciate its beauty.

the only faith i know is the one the bible talked about.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2014
Weah96:

Anecdotal accounts don't prove anything.

You have not addessed anything in he claimed.

On the contrary, what is supernatural?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:06am On Jul 02, 2014
beejaay:
i had already told you in the other thread that just because you cant explain something, u should term it supernatural..nothing is supernatural and i can promise you that with time, that thing u called supernatural will be called natural. people still called sleep-paralysis psyhic attack down here in my place... they still think that agbana can enter peoples money and wealth and i wonder why cant agbana enters dangote or babangida or even tinubu money (agbana is mystical spending of ones money by spirit thereby turning the owner to a poor man)

here are few questions for you

1) do u still consider smallpox as supernatural disease hundreds of years ago our ancestor called it supernatural
2) do u still consider Maleria as supernatural diseasehundreds of years ago our ancestor called it supernatural and even worshipped it by called it Sonpana
3) flying on a plane a thousand years ago will be consider supernatural. now do u think its still supernatural

the point is that once u called something supernatural, u closed up your mind from asking question and moving towards answer and u are enjoined to always keep an open mind. we dont even know 10% of natural and people talk of something supernatural

Guy simply define what supernatural is.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by mmsen: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2014
Backwards peoples have always attributed as yet unexplained events as supernatural. It is easier to do that than to look for the explanation.

This is why those nations and groups are soon subjugated by others. Ignorance might be bliss in the short term but in the long term it is dangerous.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by beejaay: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Guy simply define what supernatural is.

bros how can i define what supernatural is when i dont even know 100% of what NATURAL is?? i can only begin to know what supernatural is when i grasp the full detail of what natural is...hope u get my drift

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by beejaay: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2014
mmsen: Backwards peoples have always attributed as yet unexplained events as supernatural. It is easier to do that than to look for the explanation.

This is why those nations and groups are soon subjugated by others. Ignorance might be bliss in the short term but in the long term it is dangerous.

gbam
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

You have not addessed anything in he claimed.

On the contrary, what is supernatural?

I did address it, with skepticism. If people would only be honest, then we could eliminate some of the false anecdotes of supernatural events. Everything, given time and the current trajectory of human advancement, will eventually be explained. All supernatural things then must have a perfectly reasonable answer. For example, stop and consider the cellphone. It allows you to speak to a relative anywhere even at distances of thousands of miles. I don't know about you, but talking to someone who isn't there is what I call supernatural. But there's a perfectly reasonable explanation which allows the phenomenon to be repeated. Imagine that only two mobile phones existed, both owned by one set of twins who refused to divulge the source of the phones. Would you not then say that the twins were defying natural laws by speaking to themselves across vast expanses of space when nobody else could?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2014
Weah96:

I did address it, with skepticism. If people would only be honest, then we could eliminate some of the false anecdotes of supernatural events. Everything, given time and the current trajectory of human advancement, will eventually be explained. All supernatural things then must have a perfectly reasonable answer. For example, stop and consider the cellphone. It allows you to speak to a relative anywhere even at distances of thousands of miles. I don't know about you, but talking to someone who isn't there is what I call supernatural. But there's a perfectly reasonable explanation which allows the phenomenon to be repeated. Imagine that only two mobile phones existed, both owned by one set of twins who refused to divulge the source of the phones. Would you not then say that the twins were defying natural laws by speaking to themselves across vast expanses of space when nobody else could?

This is empty and senseless rant.

Guy what is supernatural?

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2014
beejaay:

bros how can i define what supernatural is when i dont even know 100% of what NATURAL is?? i can only begin to know what supernatural is when i grasp the full detail of what natural is...hope u get my drift

Then I dont think you have a say on a subject you cannot construct a distinctive tenacity for.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Yooguyz: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2014
Weah96:

I did address it, with skepticism. If people would only be honest, then we could eliminate some of the false anecdotes of supernatural events....

exactly my problem with athiests they argue blindly. Someone was even insinuating that i made up my eye witness account.

Everything, given time and the current trajectory of human advancement, will eventually be explained. All supernatural things then must have a perfectly reasonable answer. For example, stop and consider the cellphone. It allows you to speak to a relative anywhere even at distances of thousands of miles. I don't know about you, but talking to someone who isn't there is what I call supernatural. But there's a perfectly reasonable explanation which allows the phenomenon to be repeated. Imagine that only two mobile phones existed, both owned by one set of twins who refused to divulge the source of the phones. Would you not then say that the twins were defying natural laws by speaking to themselves across vast expanses of space when nobody else could?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Things that seemingly defy nature, like speaking to a family member who is in Shanghai while you're watching the world cup in Jos.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Now, what does supernatural mean to YOU?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Weah96:

Things that seemingly defy nature, like speaking to a family member who is in Shanghai while you're watching the world cup in Jos.

You are just plain myopic and completely irrational.

How does communication over a distance defy nature?

When did superntaural becomes a phenomena that defy nature? Where did you get that from?

Is this a definition? I cant score you 1/10. Really poor.

Dont make me perceive you as empty type that make noise.

Again what is supernatural?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by mmsen: 9:40am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

You are just plain myopic and completely irrational.

How does communication over a distance defy nature?

When did superntaural becomes a phenomena that defy nature? Where did you get that from?

Dont make me perceive you as empty type that make noise.

Again what is supernatural?

Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.

You are arguing from a position of gross ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2014
Weah96:
Now, what does supernatural mean to YOU?

Lol..This is show of shame.

You are throwing my question back at me?

Na wa o
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:48am On Jul 02, 2014
mmsen:

You are arguing from a position of gross ignorance.

Wrong!

Eve the naturals are attributed to superntural power or beings.

You guys are yetto provide explanation on what supernatural is.

It is cowardice to argue on a subject you cant provide distinctive tenacity for.

As for the ignorance insult, I take that as a complement. . . .you havent show you can do better.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by mmsen: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Wrong!

Eve the naturals are attributed to superntural power or beings.

You guys are yetto provide explanation on what supernatural is.

It is cowardice to argue on a subject you cant provide distinctive tenacity for.

As for the ignorance insult, I take that as a complement. . . .you havent show you can do better.

"Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces."

That's a dictionary definition.

So now you are a greater authority than the body of learned people who congregate to collate English dictionaries...

Please stop using words that you do not understand ("distinct tenacity"; "supernatural"; "ignorance" ).

2 Likes

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2014
mmsen:

That's a dictionary definition.

So now you are a greater authority than the body of learned people who congregate to collate English dictionaries...

Are you saying the people dont attribute supernation powers to a natural phenomena?

Dont be this silly.

The same dictionary you ran to that cant provide definition of the word God/god outside Abrahamic conception.

Define SUPERNATURAL. That is what I asked of you and not Dictionary meaning defence that is full of flaws. Afterall I have shown you this flaws. . . .get me something meaningful or admit you dont know.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by mmsen: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Are you saying the people dont attribute supernation powers to a natural phenomena?

Dont be this silly.

The same dictionary you ran to that cant provide definition of the word God/god outside Abrahamic conception.

Define SUPERNATURAL. That is what I asked of you and not Dictionary meaning defence that is full of flaws. Afterall I have shown you this flaws. . . .get me something meaningful or admit you dont know.

"Supernation" is not a word.

It's very difficult to follow what you say when your grasp of the language is so poor.

P.S.

Lol at the dictionary being 'flawed'. You are a wonderful advert for bad education.

2 Likes

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2014
mmsen:

"Supernation" is not a word.

It's very difficult to follow what you say when your grasp of the language is so poor.

Lol..

Common sense should have made you understand that is a typo error. You can sit on that or face what you asked to do.

What is supernatural?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Liveair: 10:21am On Jul 02, 2014
A SUPERNATURAL event is simply a NATURAL occurence or event that is not (YET) understood by the observer.
wheah96 and mmsen, this is what you should have answered FOLYKAZE.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2014
Liveair: A SUPERNATURAL event is simply a NATURAL occurence or event that is not understood by the observer.
wheah96 and mmsen, this is what you should have answered FOLYKAZE.

Big salute to this brain.

3 Likes

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Judas2013: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2014
Do not eat from the tree of knowledge lest ye risk god's wrath! Nothing new here at all. Basically. knowledge kills god.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2014
Rayhut, can you show me an amputee whose limb(s) grew back?
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:28am On Jul 02, 2014
@Liveair

Thanks for simple and brilliant definition.

Let me add to the definition;

Supernatural is a term use to describe a phenomenon which are unexplanable scientifically yet and which are attributed to Spirits or Gods. . . . .

The issue here is how we define the word Spirir and or God. We have to look away from Abrahamical concept of God and spirit. This is where Naturalistic pantheism which defines God and spirit as natural forces, energies and element.

An example of this supernatural claim appear in tradition concortion and herbs used in African society. They have this medicine with full potential to cure an ailment. Afterall, they cant give explanation on the chemicals contained in the medicine or how it heals the body system. All attibutions are focused on Osanyin the God of herbs and medicine.

And what do we have today, those feltish unexplainable herb of the past called Supernatural are now employed into practical medical science in schools because explanation is appearing.

I see no reason some folks would call this backwardness. They are bent pulling everything down below western science. I dont know why the man that claim he has explanations therefore deny potentials of the unexplanable cant come forward and help in findings. Rather what they can do is rebuke. . . .
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by torchwave: 11:42am On Jul 02, 2014
Choi. Atheists are really suffering. grin grin

Even doctors sometimes are faced with cases that are medically and scientifically impossible, things that are beyond their scope of knowledge to which they can never offer any form of diagnosis or solution because things of that nature are never taught in science or schools.

Chai! Atheists! Atheists!!
grin
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Judas2013: Do not eat from the tree of knowledge lest ye risk god's wrath! Nothing new here at all. Basically. knowledge kills god.

Another one here.

Ye are god. . . .that is in the bible referring to man.

Does knowledge kills us?

Your parents, your very self and other consciousness are gods. . . .has knowledge kills you all?

For the main say, why cant you people stop viewing god as depicted by Abrahamic faith?

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2014
torchwave: Choi. Atheists are really suffering. grin grin

Even doctors sometimes are faced with cases that are medically and scientifically impossible, things that are beyond their scope of knowledge to which they can never offer any form of diagnosis or solution because things of that nature are never taught in science or schools.

Chai! Atheists! Atheists!!
grin

Truth be told. . . . .I have witnessed an occassion where a professional doctor asked his patient to seek traditional means of healing. Not even once.

They will call you into their office and ask you to 'ti owo ile bo'.

Spiritualism is a step ahead of science.
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Truth be told. . . . .I have witnessed an occassion where a professional doctor asked his patient to seek traditional means of healing. Not even once.

They will call you into their office and ask you to 'ti owo ile bo'.

Spiritualism is a step ahead of science.
By professional you mean Nigerian? undecided
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

In the spirit of being a)nal, pedantic, and rude, did you mean to type "a phenomena" or is that another typo? If you could only retrieve your head out of your colon, you would notice that I never said the bolded. I included the word "seemingly" which is not an absolute affirmation like your pea brain interprets it to be. The definition you embrace is incorrect. There are lots of things which aren't understood by observers, yet not all can be considered supernatural. An example would be people who pick their nostrils and eat the boogers. I don't understand it, and neither does the scientific community. Can we assume that eating boogers is a supernatural occurrence? In order for something to be considered SUPER-natural (prefix super means ABOVE or BEYOND in English), it would have to exhibit elements that appear to defy natural laws. GTFOH.

1 Like

Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2014
Apatheist:
By professional you mean Nigerian? undecided

Yes
Re: Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers by Weah96: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2014
Folly-Kaze you need to work on your folly, abi, grammar. It remains one of the requirements for posting s)hit here on NL. Stop being noisy when your grasp of the language is hanging by a thread. I wouldn't dare argue with Germans in German myself, lest I demonstrate my ignorance like you're doing here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evil Laws: Satan’s Strategy Against The Children Of God (must Read For Bride) / This Was What Winners Church Did To Me. / Does The Hellfire Punishment Make Sense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.