Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

The Foolishness Of 5 Virgins (our Heavenly Home) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Foolishness Of 5 Virgins (our Heavenly Home) (533 Views)

Heavenly Reward Vs Earthly Reward: Hilarious Photo / 144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / 47 Reasons Why Our Heavenly Father Has No Equals Or “co-equals” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Foolishness Of 5 Virgins (our Heavenly Home) by rccgamg: 12:49am On Jul 02, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRmLfLfvRQ
Hebrew 11:10
"10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

The road to heaven is not a wide road, but a narrow road.
Will you be ready when the lord shall come?
We should always ask our self this question

One thing we should know is that our heavenly home is a secured place.

It is a place(Heaven) that Jesus said our treasures should be stored in heaven, where thieves can't steal from.

Our heavenly home is also a kingdom where God lives.

Philipians 3:20
"20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

Revelation 3:12
"12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

Our Heavenly home is also called a new Jerusalem which is specially prepared.

Matthew 25:1-5
"1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom."
"2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish."
"3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:"
"4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps."
"5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept."

Three Reasons why some of the Virgins were Foolish
-1- They were not truthful to God.
Reason: They were called by the bridegroom. They knew they needed a lamp but went without oil.
What is the use of a lamp without oil in it?
2 Chronicles 25:2
"2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, but not with a perfect heart."

-2- They were also not truthful to themselves.
Matthew 26:30-35
"30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives."
"31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad."
"32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee."
"33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended."
"34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice."
"35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples."

They trusted there own ability.
Peter did similar, when he promised not to deny Christ

Proverbs 3:5 "5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

-3- They were not truthful to others around them.
Matthew 25:8-9
"8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out."
"9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves."

Romans 1:29-32
"29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,"
"30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,"
"31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:"
"32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

Matthew 25:11
"11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us."

I Pray that God will not shut the gates of heaven against us in Jesus Name. Amen!!!

http://www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

(1) (Reply)

God Is Planning To Bless Our Nation / Bad Things Happen To Good People WHY? / Why Blame God For The Consequences Of Our Actions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.