Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why Blame God For The Consequences Of Our Actions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Blame God For The Consequences Of Our Actions? (529 Views)

Blame God For Your Misfortunes!!!! / Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? / The Consequences Of Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Blame God For The Consequences Of Our Actions? by Phoenix00(m): 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2014

It has been a common site to see people, blame God for one mishap or the other that befalls them. Is it right? Is God 'wicked' to allow disaster befalls his creation?

I was surfing the net a few minutes ago when I saw an article on God & Ebola by The Guardian US, in the article, the writer questions how God would heal one person of the dreaded disease and leave many other to die. She even went on to say she had given up on believing in God having tried to make out a logical explanation of this 'Being'. I can only wonder why man seeks God only when hit with problems. We see God only as a problem solver, not a friend. We question His essence when faced with results from actions we take or do not take. Correct me if am wrong o, weren't we told that Ebola was as a result of man association with some wild animals? Is it God that just plague us with the ðisease?

Am not trying to defend God o, far from it, I just am baffled by human (including me) avoiding to take responsibility of our actions especially when the out come is negative. We always seek out an escape goat to blame it on. We fail to understand that every our thing we are made to face here on earth, is a result of actions we take/did not take. Our actions do not only affect us, it affects those around us and even our environment.

Let's stop the blame sharing and concentrate on changing out lives, thoughts and action for the better so as to get better results, outcome tomorrow.
Re: Why Blame God For The Consequences Of Our Actions? by emmyskies(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2014
Out of ignorance they speak, for they know not GOD, neither do they know His ways

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Being Investigated By Uk’s Charity Commission / The Three Parables in Luke 15 / Do You Believe In Instant Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.