Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola (21974 Views)

I’ll Free Lagosians From APC - Jonathan / Crashed 2015 Senatorial Deal: PDP Govs Angry With Jonathan, Mu’azu, Mark / Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by paulworld(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2014
www.punchng.com/news/dont-work-for-apc-jonathan-muazu-beg-oyinlola-2/

A former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye
Oyinlola, on Tuesday met behind closed doors with
President Goodluck Jonathan inside the Presidential
Villa, Abuja.
A source close to the meeting said the former governor
was begged by the President to support the PDP
during the election.
Oyinlola, a former National Secretary of the Peoples
Democratic Party, was led to the meeting with the
President by the party’s National Chairman, Alhaji
Adamu Mu’azu.
The meeting, which lasted about an hour, was said
to have discussed the forthcoming governorship
election in Osun State and the disputed position of
the PDP National Secretary, currently being occupied
by Prof. Wale Oladipo.
At the end of the meeting, Oyinlola told State House
correspondents that Mu’azu brought him to meet
with the President on how to improve the party’s
fortunes.
He also said he remained the party’s National
Secretary in the eye of the law, describing “whoever is
currently holding the office as a pretender.”
The former governor said, “I was taken to the Villa by
the Chairman of the PDP, and we had some
discussions on to how to move the fortunes of the
party forward. All I am telling you is that Oyinlola
in the face of the law remains the authentic secretary
of the PDP. Anybody in that office for now is a
pretender!”
He left the President’s office before Mu’azu.
Some leaders of the All Progressives Congress had
recently visited Oyinlola in his home town, Okuku,
with a view to wooing him into their fold.
The former governor was quoted as saying that his
continued presence in the PDP would be decided by
Jonathan.
The source, who pleaded anonymity because he was
not authorised to speak on the issue, said Oyinlola
was asked at the meeting to support the candidate
of the party, Senator Iyiola Omisore for the
governorship election.
He said, “The President pleaded with him to support
Omisore and the party and also to help in the
campaign of the party.
“The President told him that he would want him
(Oyinlola) to be present at the party’s campaign
when he would be coming in order to give an
assurance that he is with the PDP.”
In response to the demand by Oyinlola that he be
reinstated as the National Secretary of the PDP as
ordered by the Court of Appeal, the President was
said to have said that the issue would be looked
into.
It was also gathered that the President did not make
any commitment on whether the PDP would be
asked to withdraw its appeal on the issue, which is
pending at the Supreme Court.
Because of this, it was gathered that the former
governor and his supporters were of the opinion that
the President and the party wanted to use them to
win the election and later abandon them.
“We know the gimmick. We know the politics. We
also know what they are up to. They want us to be
committed to them and later abandon us. We are
wiser,” the source added.
Our correspondent also gathered that the President
and the leadership of the party were not ready to
trade away the current occupier of the office of the
National Secretary, Prof. Wale Oladipo, who is the
candidate of Omisore and PPP leader in the South-
West, Alhaji Buruji Kashamu.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Redoil: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2014
I pity whoever believe this. What they discuss was behind close door and it was a secret.

10 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by egift(m): 6:41am On Jul 02, 2014
Don't work for the Progressives, come to the Coven and work for the killer party. grin

20 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
APC vs
PDP. ndi ara.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2014
paulworld: www.punchng.com/news/dont-work-for-apc-jonathan-muazu-beg-oyinlola-2/

A former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye
Oyinlola, on Tuesday met behind closed doors with
President Goodluck Jonathan inside the Presidential
Villa, Abuja.
A source close to the meeting said the former governor
was begged by the President to support the PDP
during the election.

“The President told him that he would want him
(Oyinlola) to be present at the party’s campaign
when he would be coming in order to give an
assurance that he is with the PDP.”
In response to the demand by Oyinlola that he be
reinstated as the National Secretary of the PDP as
ordered by the Court of Appeal, the President was
said to have said that the issue would be looked
into.

Our correspondent also gathered that the President
and the leadership of the party were not ready to
trade away the current occupier of the office of the
National Secretary, Prof. Wale Oladipo, who is the
candidate of Omisore and PPP leader in the South-
West, Alhaji Buruji Kashamu.
A PRESIDENT AND A PARTY THAT CANNOT RESPECT RULE OF LAW ON HIM AS THE PARTY SECRETARY NOW TRYING TO APPEAL TO HIM TO WORK WITH THEM. BUNCH OF JOKERS.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by dopedealer(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2014
What else can I say, than the problem is just too much!
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Olumidzti(m): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2014
Isn't politics a very dirty game? Oyinlola was called to support Omisore, someone who nominated the current occupier of his post. I won't be surprised if Oyinlola worked for Omisore though, politics is about demands & interests of individuals/groups afterall...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 02, 2014
Mtchew...what's the difference btw Apc n Pdp

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Lastdon02(m): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2014
ok
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2014
story for the gods.......team Apc all the way

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 02, 2014
I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED THAT AM GOING TO GIVE JONATHAN MY VOTE COME 2015. I WAS A STAUNCH APC SUPPORTER BEFORE BUT I HAVE COME TO REALISE THAT APC IS DEMONIC AND DEVILISH IN NATURE..... THEY DONT HAVE ANY STRUCTURED DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLES. THOUGH JONATHAN IS CLUELESS AND DAFT, I WILL MANAGE TILL 2019. NIGERIA HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT MANAGEMENT BY THE WAY! SO, WE KEEP ON MANAGING TILL GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCIES WILL SEND US A PARACLETE AND SAVIOUR! I STILL BELIEVE IN GOD! THE ONLY WAY TO RESTORE NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN

2 CHRONICLES 7:14

IF YOU GUYS LIKE, DO ALL YOU WANT TO DO. WE ARE WASTING TIME. NIGERIA CAN ONLY SURVIVE AND BE RESTORED IF EVERYONE IN TIS COUNTRY WILL ABIDE BY THAT BIBLE VERSE! GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!

30 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 7:29am On Jul 02, 2014
A trip to the villa is the beginning of wisdom. (Ask FFK) Oyinlola wouldn't have bothered visiting, if the boko haram sympathizer party was an option.

PDP remains the wise mans choice.

13 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by dridowu: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2014
Good Morning Nigerians
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Eneze1(f): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2014
Titiluvly: Mtchew...what's the difference btw Apc n Pdp

No difference

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Cecediva(f): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2014
Nigerian politics is just too funny.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 02, 2014
Let omisore's antecedents speak for hi
Even if oyinlola supports him, if the people doesn't like him, he won't taste that seat.
GEJ please pay more attention to pressing state issues.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by excellent2013(m): 7:33am On Jul 02, 2014
ok jonada
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2014
Eneze1:

No difference
Thank you!..
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by gratiaeo(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2014
Oyinlola must be a fool for romancing with the same people who stole his mandate through Salami.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Ephemmm: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2014
Hmmmmm..... Now I understand the meaning of Oyinlola's statement to PDP then that - "You cannot win Osun without my support"

Lession learnt: The size of a snake does not determine how poisonous such snake is: please don't look down on anybody no matter how irrelevant he/she is at present. Everybodly is useful, everybody is relevant.

God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by coldsummer: 7:42am On Jul 02, 2014
No one wants to work for APC bt GEJ you make that impossible.

Unfortunately, I can't see a credible candidate to vote for so I won't be voting during presidential
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Funniez: 7:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Nice but dried joke!! Next....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2014
Closed door meeting turn to open door press.....but seriously in all, apc must lose.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by gratiaeo(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2014
Oyinlola should know that the devil you know is far much better than the angel you haven’t got a clue about …see what Dr Segun oni got himself in already…a bad situation totally bad corner but as always oyinlola is an adult with some serious interest to protect and he cannot be seen as hot nor cold at this critical time so he better make up his mind on time before the train leaves.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by hopilo: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2014
Lord Mecuzy: Selfish Interest.

Presidency Concerned about Winning States

When the Capital of the Country is Continuously attacked and Bombed

REVOLUTION On My Mind

1st Time in my Life am the 1st to Comment

Thanks to my sweetheart Whose constant trouble always keep me Awake. Kitis kiss

You cannot solve the constant trouble from your sweetheart to get some sleep and the president cannot stop the bombing in the capital, the revolution should start in your house first.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Beehshorp(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2014
Apc are d people responsible for d attack on nairaland.. Please lef dem alone before em bomb us since dey want power by fire by force
Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2014
I wish the zeal and passion Jonathan is using to make sure PDP wins in the South West is used to fight boko haram,the insurgence would have ended a long time ago.
Unfortunately,he is more concerned about returning to Aso Rock in 2015 than any other thing else.

19 Likes

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by STENON(f): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2014
why are you begging him nt to work for APC?...The choice is for him....we all have the right to vote or be voted for....Oyinlola's one vote wont make any diffrnc in PDP votes concerning the upcoming election...Its jst minus one frm the total votes for PDP

1 Like

Re: Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola by Olumidzti(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2014
Ephemmm: Hmmmmm..... Now I understand the meaning of Oyinlola's statement to PDP then that - "You cannot win Osun without my support"

Lession learnt: The size of a snake does not determine how poisonous such snake is: please don't look down on anybody no matter how irrelevant he/she is at present. Everybodly is useful, everybody is relevant.

God bless Nigeria!
Pdp can win in Osun even without Oyinlola. Aregbe has not put himself in a favourable position with the people of Osun state which is where the main problem for apc is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Trekkers For Atiku Stranded In Yola / Bola Tinubu, Kashim Shettima To Be Awarded GCFR, GCON On May 25. / Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.