Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,320 members, 7,957,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Day I Died : April 14 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day I Died : April 14 (17006 Views)

The Day I Died - AKINWALE AKINYOADE / I Died Last Night / The Day I Died - Part Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:22am On Jul 02, 2014
This write-up is dedicated to all victim of bomb-blast in my beloved country NIGERIA.
may the soul of the dead ones rest in peace and the heart and body of surviving victims be healed cry cry cry

This fictitious work is a product of OMOTAYO SULEMAN
you can contact me on osuleman11@gmail.com or osuleman11@yahoo.com

NOTE: Do not copy and paste without permission. oga seun you no do well o, how can i get back all my sweet and motivating comments. chai!!!!, e no go beta for hackers.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2014
Removed

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2014
POST REMOVED
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:40am On Jul 02, 2014
POST REMOVED
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2014
POST REMOVED

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2014
ghostwritter: 7:22 am

I was welcomed to the open-pack with a sight of various people from various tribes, religion, works of life, beliefs and intensions. I wasn’t surprise, what do u expected on a Monday morning? Nobody seems to notice me as I walked through the crowd, everyone seems to mind his or her own business….. yes, we all minded our own business, the drivers, the traders, the passengers, the passer-bys, and in fact the mere on-lookers who are aimless.
“wuse berger!! A.Y.A!! secretariat!! Area one!!! Shouted one of the ‘abgeros’ calling for passenger near the park.
I went straight to one of the ‘ticket sellers’ and bought the transport ticket before I joined the queue of passengers who are yet to board the bus. The queue was long and everyone seems to look in haste. Some people who could not be civil enough to wait on the queue had to use the Naija style ‘shunt’.
“Mister man, what is ur problem, can’t u see that ur mates and elders are on the queue?” an elderly man barked out to a young man who was trying hard to squeeze himself into the front of the queue.
“help my mother with whatever u have! No amount is too small, my mother is blind, and God will bless you as you help my mother!!” a very young boy of about 10-12 years of age cried out, he kept rubbing his palms as he pleaded for alms. Beside him was a woman he called ‘mother’, her eyes was covered with black shade, she had a baby strapped to her back and another standing beside her. ‘why do poor people procreate in the midst of poverty?” my curious mind asked no one in particular.
“oga come and buy ur ticket here” a very pretty young lady shouted to a random person admits the crowd trouping into the park, I wonder what could have made a very beautiful damsel sell ticket. I could see in her eyes the determination to survive and succeed through the decent means of livelihood and not prostitution.
“broad, shey make I bring egg-roll come?….i swear e hot well-well”a woman asked a guy on the queue who seems tempted by snacks.

Slowly, the queue ahead of me became shorter till it reached my turn, the bus attendant collected my ticket, tour it into half and gave me the other half. As I entered the bus, I saw a paragon of beauty sitting close to the window at the back ‘my o my!, I had better rush to sit beside her before another guy kon spoil show for me’

BUT I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHAT WAS TO COME NEXT shocked shocked

......to be continued........

pls, i would need ur recommendations
!m enjoying the story I must confess!!continue asap plz
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by heemah(f): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2014
missyhorlah: !m enjoying the story I must confess!!continue asap plz

BTW u dnt av to quote d whole update before u comment u knw??
Nice story with good description. Kip it kumin. More power to your fingers anf more Mb to ur data.
]
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 02, 2014
heemah:

BTW u dnt av to quote d whole update before u comment u knw??
Nice story with good description. Kip it kumin. More power to your fingers anf more Mb to ur data.
]
grin[
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by QweenMercy(f): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2014
Following bumper2bumper....RIP to all dose who lost their lives in any bomb blast in this country..May God Protect We Who are stil Living..

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by macdanny247(m): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nice construction... U re doing a great job
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ZUBY77(m): 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Looks like its going to be interesting..Will check it out tomorrow
let your imagination run wide
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 6:57am On Jul 03, 2014
ZUBY77: Looks like its going to be interesting..Will check it out tomorrow
let your imagination run wide
...,and guess what, my imagination just ran wide!
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 7:07am On Jul 03, 2014
POST REMOVED

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2014
POST REMOVED

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ZUBY77(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2014
ghostwritter:
...,and guess what, my imagination just ran wide!

Why is that?
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
POST REMOVED

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by GraceEzeh(f): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Quietly following. Fire on
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by dewalyy(m): 6:34am On Jul 05, 2014
Ride on... front seat occupied with my pop corn...what else do I need?

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by heemah(f): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
dewalyy: Ride on... front seat occupied with my pop corn...what else do I need?
I brought Juice along, cn we eat together. Abeg shift mak I sit too..Ride on Ghostwriter. .]

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2014
POST REMOVED

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
79CE6B47
If u wish to unveil d ghost himself
Love u all grin
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
POST REMOVED

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by heemah(f): 4:19am On Jul 08, 2014
I dnt understand anymore. From the journey to waking up late..How did it happened? I thought an accident is about to occur before
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2014
POST REMOVED

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 6:51am On Jul 08, 2014
Hearing this, I rushed to switch on the television and the DSTV decoder, I had to wait for about 6 minute which seems like hours for the decoder to finish booting,
“breaking news, it has just being confirmed that a bomb-blast has just exploded at the nyanya-maraba motor park Abuja, where many have been confirmed dead. Eye-witnesses said that an unknown car which was parked near………..” a correspondent from channels television reported. The video that followed was more surprising than shocking. In the video was the wreckage of the buses in my dream, the dead bodies of those I thought I had seen that morning (in my dream), the most shocking of it all was the interview by two of the eye-witnesses which I could swear I had seen that very morning (in my dream). One of the eye-witnesses was in front of me on the queue before taking permission to go buy something.
“I was on the queue when I took permission from a fair looking guy in a suit to go buy drug for my stomach pain, God I thank you for keeping me alive” the first eye-witness said
Everything became very strange when the second eye-witness was interviewed
“chai!!, see as life take be, na as I waka komot for dis park as people no gree buy my egg-roll, na so I hear d bomb sound” the second eye-witness said with tears flowing freely from her eyes.

....the story continues......

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by heemah(f): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Now I understand.
Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by joyfulheart: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nyc 1 op!

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by BEDEIKE(m): 12:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Wow,this is epic. U were teleported back into time through a spirit medium, wat u had wasn't a dream, it was reality....Op u toomuch.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
“this is unbelievable” I thought, the whole events that just unveiled seems so strange, how was surprise at how the event in my dream was so inter-woven and connected to the real life. ‘Was it a revelation or vision or a mere coincident’. Suddenly, I remembered the old woman had given me ‘kola-nut’ to chew if I want to know her and I had collected from her and put in my pocket. “It would be very silly of you to check your pocket for the kola-nut” I thought to myself as I was tempted to really see if the dream had any physical connection to the real life. Right about that moment, my mother called saying how scared she was when she had about the bomb-blast that morning and tried to call to confirm if ‘the worst hadn’t happen’ to her beloveth son.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
.....“I am fine and super-healthy, nothing……..” as I was in the process of talking, I unconsciously slipped me hand into my pocket and felt something hard and a bit heavy in it, I tried to squeeze it with my fingers but couldn’t, I tried to imagine what it could be.

“I never noticed there was anything in my trouser-pocket when wearing it” I thought to myself as I was still calling my mum. I carefully brought it out to know what it was, and behold……it was what it was…..i saw the unbelievable, I saw what made my world stood still, I saw that which the old woman had handed to me, I saw the exact KOLA-NUT.

“mu..mu…mum…mummy, please let me call you back. Something just happened” I spoke with fear and shock in my tone. I instantly pressed the ‘red button’ on my key pad without letting for her further response. It was now obvious that my doubt had being confirmed. My hand trembled as I held to stare at the ‘super kola-nut’ that lay on my palm. I hardly belief in miracles or magic but I swear this one is mind-blowing and freaking scary.

How do I explain this occurrence to people without being looked upon as a fool or worst still as insane, even though it beyond explanation, I felt I needed to tell someone…..surely, I must tell someone. I kept staring at this strange object on my palm. Many thoughts filled my mind simultaneously, thoughts like

“How did this thing get into my pocket?”

“Should I run outside and shout for help?”

“Has someone being watching me?”

“Is this a sign of death to come?”

“Is it true that I had just escaped death”

Or

“Is all these happening a mere co-incidence?”

1 Like

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by ghostwritter(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
After a long scary moment of self questioning, I settled for the conclusion that all these happening must be a very strong coincidence because I couldn’t come to a logical and rational conclusion of a possible physical link between a dream world and the real world,
‘it’s impossible!’
. I decided to satisfy my curiosity by having a bite from the kola-nut, “its not a bad idea” I thought as I slowly bite, chew and swallowed down my throat a very small portion of the kola-nut. I waited for about 15 minutes which seems like hours expecting the ‘witch-like looking old woman’ to buff-out from the thin air into the room (like in magical movies) and help solve the puzzle in my head but I was greatly disappointed because I saw no one. So I concluded I needed to take all the stupid illusions and magical fantasies off my head. I decided to focus on the rest of the news, by this time all the broadcast stations such as AIT, LTV, Channels, Silverbird, NTA, CNN, AJEEZERA et.c. made ‘NYANYA BOMB-BLAST’ their breaking news. I was listening to the news in one of the stations when all of a sudden I felt everything around me go quiet; it was so quiet that I could no longer hear what was been said on the T.V and noises around my compound. All I could hear was the sound of my heart-beat which was going faster than it usual and the ticking seconds of the wall clock which was 10:39am, my eyes began rolling and the room seems to be spinning and gradually growing dark; I felt dizzy and weak like I had been drugged into a heavy sleep.

“yeeee….i think I am going to die, so this is how spiritual attack will kill me through poisonous kola-nut, ahhhhaaaaa!!!!” I screamed aloud as I tried regaining my balance from falling; at last I felt my back land heavily on the ground.

I struggled shouting for help but no sound came out of my mouth, my nerves where so weak; before I could think of any other form of help, I was already………..

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Died : April 14 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2014
Op still ffg Ūя̲̅ story.plz be nice enough complete this story on time.More MB to your fone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Sex Service To My Principal And Students – NYSC Member...episode 1 / Heat Of Virginity / Top Book Publishers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.