Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone (3325 Views)

How's Tecno Smartphone Life? / Wonderful Pic Of Tecno Smartphone Evolution In Nigeria / How To Make Money From Buying And Selling Mtn Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by vowiski(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2014
No matter how you look at it, purchasing a Tecno smartphone doesn’t make you any less important than people who go for the big guns; the likes of iPhone, HTC and Samsung.

Despite this established fact, you begin to wonder why there are still millions of people who will catch a cold at the mention of the brand Tecno.

Short answer – It’s because they have fallen for the myth that Tecno products are a ridiculous excuse for being mobile phone.

Sadly, if you have fallen for any of these myths, then chances are you have missed a couple of things that users are enjoying.

So what exactly are these myths? Although there are a couple, allow me to share with you 4 of the most common ones smartphone lovers fall for.

1. Tecno Smartphone is CHINA!
No doubt, we hear this phrase every time and those who want to take a jab at users of the product shot them with the phrase – Tecno is a Chinese product.

Don’t Miss: Tecno Is Loosing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee?

While it is entirely true that Tecno is China based, it doesn’t make the product any less durable. It would shock you to know that most major mobile vendors have their manufacturing plant in China and most of the products coming to Africa especially Nigeria are made in China.

2. Tecno Smartphones Are Just “A Piece Of Cheap Plastic”

Again, Tecno products are entirely made of plastic and it makes a whole of sense considering the fact that they control a market whose users are predominantly “low budget earners.”

It doesn’t look really terrible in those plastic shells, however. It is a known fact that even the highly rated Galaxy S series are made of plastic. Also recently, the World’s most valuable brand Apple designed a line of iPhone in Plasic casing and no one gave a hoot about it.

So is plastic casing not good for you, how about you settle for a phone in gold casing?

3. Saturation Of The Market With Same Phones In Different Label

Now, this is hilarious because it makes little or no sense to believe that Tecno is the only mobile vendor guilty of this act.

No mobile vendor has released phones in equal succession like Nokia and before it was acquired my Microsoft, no one saw the mass production of phones as a problem. Shouldn’t Tecno be given that same privilege considering also, that the China based company isn’t anywhere near Samsung in mass product.. culled from http://www.techrez.com/2014/07/reasons-buy-tecno-smartphone.html

2 Likes

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by fabolakers(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Join this BBM channel for the Latest Smart Phones, Tabs and more.
http://pin.bbm.com/C001C20FB
Smart Phones Specs, Reviews and Performance.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Etesam(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
Where is no.4?
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:21am On Jul 06, 2014
Etesam: Where is no.4?

Hahaha. E run enter Sambisa forest.

1 Like

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Wisdomkosi(m): 2:43am On Jul 06, 2014
come complete am jare
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Mrguru(m): 3:07am On Jul 06, 2014
Lolz...
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Warlord3000(m): 6:07am On Jul 06, 2014
Hnnnmmm
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 06, 2014
Tecno hardly release software updates for their phones. Or is that a myth too?

1 Like

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by omasco92(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2014
Thank God for tecno. Samsung galarzy s2 for still day N120000.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by jakiedudu(m): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2014
Tecno will soon rule the Smartphone Markets. When that happens, I don't know how haters will survive the blow.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Yungwizzzy28(m): 10:40am On Jul 06, 2014
Tecno is meant foe the poor simple!!
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by olurotimi1: 11:24am On Jul 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Tecno is meant foe the poor simple!!
So are you

1 Like

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Mustack: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
henryskywalker2003:

Hahaha. E run enter Sambisa forest.
I can't stop laughing bwhahahahahahahahaaaha
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Craven: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Despite all these facts, I still won't purchase a Tecno phone. The reason being that I have handled a Tecno android before and it wasn't anything compared to a Samsung android. It wasn't a thrilling experience. Tecno phones might provide the same version of android and nice features at cheaper prices compared to Samsung, but at the end of the day, there are some minor differences that might be uncomfortable if you're a gadget freak. For example, the UI of the Tecno Phantom A seemed bland compared to Samsung's android devices. The case also applies to cheap Sony Xperia phones.

The fact is this, for a phone such as Tecno to charge cheaper prices, some features has to be abandoned. This gives room for the poor UI in most of their devices, plastic casings, mediocre batteries, less attention to details, no screen protection. Other phones however, provide these features fully and therefore charge higher prices. Features like Corning Gorilla Glass to protect your screen from cracking when it falls, metal casings, very clear display, water-resistance, massive batteries. You cannot expect them to give you all these things and still charge less, do you?

I should let you know that people actually complained about the iPhone 5c that came in plastic. The tagged the "c" as "cheap".

To a person who is not a gadget freak and who only desires basic features, then the Tecno phone might be for them. But to someone who is a techie head, the Tecno device might not mean much to him.

At the end of the day, purchasing phones is a matter of what you want and what you can afford. Money might be a deciding factor to some people, to others, it's nothing. Not all fingers are equal.

It is not a crime to want good features for your phone. If you can afford them, good for you. It shouldn't be anyone's problem. If you can't spend money on an expensive phone, it's also not any one's business. Free world. I don't discriminate against Tecno users. But I find it hypocritical when the same Tecno users who hate being discriminated turn back around and tag expensive phone users as "silly" for spending too much money.

One more thing, Nokia, Samsung, iPhone and BlackBerry are taken seriously and rated highly above other brands for one simple reason; they've been in the telecommunications industry for years! If Tecno wants the same respect, then they have to earn it the same way their massive counterparts earned theirs. You can't expect to be widely accepted within a short period of time when you're only just emerging in the industry. That would be silly.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by samnificent(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Low end.. hmmmm.. i wish s5 was 17k, phantom a+ 25k, r7 39k, m5 18k, l3 11k, f5 14k etc. But.. dey're trying.. I thank dem for opening me up to de world of Android
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
smh.... smh.... jzzzzz...
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by hemor(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2014

3. Saturation Of The Market With Same Phones In Different Label

Now, this is hilarious because it makes little or no sense to believe that Tecno is the only mobile vendor guilty of this act.

No mobile vendor has released phones in equal succession like Nokia and before it was acquired my Microsoft, no one saw the mass production of phones as a problem. Shouldn’t Tecno be given that same privilege considering also, that the China based company isn’t anywhere near Samsung in mass product.. culled from http://www.techrez.com/2014/07/reasons-buy-tecno-smartphone.html

Samsung is obviously better than Tecno but can u pls tell me a reasonable difference between Samsung s3, s4 and s5. d point is every phone manufacturer are guilty of that, they only improve d camera and probably change the shape and den sell it to us at higher price.

BTW, i think Samsung phones are overrated and overpriced.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by dridowu: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
If u need beta phone then DON'T buy tecno. I regretted that very day i used my hard-earned money to buy that china phone "tecno"
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Ghazali34(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
if my techno M3 is on and the battery percent is like 34% for example and I decide to off the phone and charge it, if I plug the charger When it's off the battery will magically increase to 64% or even more than... don't no what's wrong it all started after my charger went bad and I was using one Samsung charger and at that time it take like 20-30 mins before it can add even 1% when charging.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by halmeyd(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dat it bkums xtremely hot wen u prez it too much,it becomes hot 2 d extent dat if u throw d phone in a glass of water @ that moment,d water will boil above 90-degree-Celsius
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Valentinooo: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
What about the absence of OTA upgrade?
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
young wizzy wetin happened? you non free chat for bbm again? why. from Chinedu Daniel
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Yungwizzzy28(m): 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
asuustrike1:
young wizzy wetin happened? you non free chat for bbm again? why. from Chinedu Daniel

Bro, bbm dey tire me jawe
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by decode55(m): 12:33am On Jul 07, 2014
hemor:

Samsung is obviously better than Tecno but can u pls tell me a reasonable difference between Samsung s3, s4 and s5. d point is every phone manufacturer are guilty of that, they only improve d camera and probably change the shape and den sell it to us at higher price.

Its obvious tecno has fried your minuscule brain angry
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by GogetterMD(m): 5:28am On Jul 07, 2014
hemor:

For a start, processors change. Clock speed gets upgraded, RAM changes. Upgrade on protection with higher grades of gorilla glass. User interface changes, water resistance features.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by GogetterMD(m): 5:50am On Jul 07, 2014
BTW, the Tecno brand is one of the least popular brands in the Chinese market. You can't even get to buy Tecno on popular online shops like alibaba xpress? It has extremely low to no popularity in the Chinese market. Wanna prove this? Google any Tecno phone model. If it's any other phone, one of the first few results to appear would be a review from popular website, gsmarena.com. Even Gionee, Xaomii, Oppo brands are on gsmarena. Tecno? Virtually nonexistent. The phone is made to be sold in the African market where they had little competition for low end phones, at least initially.
Till date, Tecno is the only Chinese product that has yet to give me a Qualcomm chipset. Always the cheaper alternative, Mediatek chipsets. Even Gionee E7, and other chinko phones have been doing Qualcomm chipsets, NFC, etc.
Can you believe that their highest selling phone, the A+ didn't even come with a digital compass? It's is obviously very cheap to build in the gyroscope and the likes into the phone. I was grossly disappointed and I sold the phone after 4 months of use.
For those who want high end quality and specs, that is chinko, that rivals the big brands and is still reasonably affordable, Google up "Oneplus One" and "Oppo 7"

2 Likes

Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Ghazali34(m): 6:39am On Jul 07, 2014
if my techno M3 is on and the battery percent is
like 34% for example and I decide to off the
phone and charge it, if I plug the charger When
it's off the battery will magically increase to 64%
or even more than... don't no what's wrong it
all started after my charger went bad and I was
using one Samsung charger and at that time it
take like 20-30 mins before it can add even 1%
when charging.

I thought it was the battery so I bought a new
battery and still yet it still does same thing.

Please can anyone give me solution?
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Craven: 7:04am On Jul 07, 2014
GogetterMD: BTW, the Tecno brand is one of the least popular brands in the Chinese market. You can't even get to buy Tecno on popular online shops like alibaba xpress? It has extremely low to no popularity in the Chinese market. Wanna prove this? Google any Tecno phone model. If it's any other phone, one of the first few results to appear would be a review from popular website, gsmarena.com. Even Gionee, Xaomii, Oppo brands are on gsmarena. Tecno? Virtually nonexistent. The phone is made to be sold in the African market where they had little competition for low end phones, at least initially.
Till date, Tecno is the only Chinese product that has yet to give me a Qualcomm chipset. Always the cheaper alternative, Mediatek chipsets. Even Gionee E7, and other chinko phones have been doing Qualcomm chipsets, NFC, etc.
Can you believe that their highest selling phone, the A+ didn't even come with a digital compass? It's is obviously very cheap to build in the gyroscope and the likes into the phone. I was grossly disappointed and I sold the phone after 4 months of use.
For those who want high end quality and specs, that is chinko, that rivals the big brands and is still reasonably affordable, Google up "Oneplus One" and "Oppo 7"

Exactly what I said. For Tecno to charge cheaper prices, they have to include cheap features. People who are not tech savvy might not even notice and not see it has a problem. But tech heads know what makes a phone a quality one.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by Craven: 7:10am On Jul 07, 2014
hemor:

If you have truly made your research on each of these devices, you'd find that they are indeed different from each other. And no, I don't think Samsung phones are ridiculously overpriced. If you desire a massive phone with outstanding features, then you have to be ready to pay more. If you cannot afford them, Samsung has low-end smartphones and mid-range smartphones for people who are cannot spend much. The expensive devices are that way because they include all the features that low-end and mid-range smartphones can't provide. Simple. Make your research and you'd know more.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by JoseRaji(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2014
dmyke: Tecno hardly release software updates for their phones. Or is that a myth too?

actually, Tecno NEVER releases software updates for their phones.
Re: 4 Myths That Stopped You From Buying A Tecno Smartphone by hemor(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
decode55:
Its obvious tecno has fried your minuscule brain angry
lol. who tell u say na tecno i dey use

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did YOUR Password Make The Most Popular Passwords Of 2015 List? / Just In! : First Look Of The Tecno Pouvoir 5 With Specs / Tecno F7 Wifi Mac Address And Bluetooth Address Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.