Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? (6370 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Bandele(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2006
Italy /C. Republic never had a chance of winnin the title.

Italy does'nt have world class players.
Italy did'nt beat a brazil
Italy could'nt score with france down to 10 players plus Zidane,Henry,Veira off the field.
Italy are just lucky Trezeguet missed the penalty.

No sane person can say Italy dominated/controlled the final.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by bami(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2006
did italy deserve to win the world cup? certainly not. from my own view they did not deserve to win a single match in the worldcup.
from the first group match they played in to the finals, they were second best.
the refrees did a good job taking them to the finals.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by soccerchic(f): 6:19am On Jul 20, 2006
NO NO NO, Italy was just lucky. Did they really win or it just a bad dream shocked shocked
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by under18(f): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2006
hell No
they never deserved to win.
they are just physical thats all
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Jackal(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2006
I am sure u must really be under 18. grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2006
and U must be Under 10!
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by mukina2: 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm grin grin grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by c0dec(m): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2006
Bandele:

Italy /C. Republic never had a chance of winnin the title.

well guess what? Italy won.

Bandele:

Italy does'nt have world class players.

Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Nesta, Totti, Gattuso, Pirlo, . . . . Do you watch football at all?

Bandele:

Italy did'nt beat a brazil

neither did Germany, Argentina, Portugal, Holland, etc,
If france had won their group, maybe italy would have met brazil in the finals.

Bandele:

Italy could'nt score with france down to 10 players plus Zidane,Henry,Veira off the field.

with how many minutes to go?. . . without totti, gilardino, nesta on the pitch . .

Bandele:

Italy are just lucky Trezeguet missed the penalty.

well that's football. luck counts!

Bandele:

No sane person can say Italy dominated/controlled the final.

nobody said that so i guess we are all sane.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Jackal(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ rhoda,

And u must be under 5,innit?
Why r u taking the piss?
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by kitaun(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ Jackal,
don't tell me that age issues tend to work you up o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by under18(f): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
Let this age issue not work you up cry cry cry

am older than many chics on sports like
Rhodalyn,Priscillia,Mukina, Alheri,beyonce who are much younger kiss kiss kiss
Its just a name for under 18. cheesy
As much as all mentioned seem to know too much. grin grin grin

Italy did not deserve an inch. No secrets! shocked cool
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by GUNNER(f): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2006
hmmm u think u know me better than ME shocked

Modified your post eh GOOD!
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by sage(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ Bandele which planet did u come from.Italy is one of the best footballing nations in footballs history so i dont know what u are talking about. Itz like u dont watch football at all. Maybe u just heard that there was a world cup final.

Tell me which country in the world has more world class players than Italy

what are Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Totti, Del Piero and Inzaghi?

Italy had more world class players in their ranks than all the other teams except for Brazil.

They were simply and still are the best team in the world.

I think they deserve two world cups
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by yippie12: 5:26am On Jul 26, 2006
Hmmm did Italy deserve to win. Everyone seems the be bitching about the score being 2-1 if there hadn't been an offsides from an Italian player, but I don't see anyone else recalling the fact that the US team would have scored (A man down also) on the Italy team if it wasn't for a MARGINAL offsides, so that screws your whole no team could score on Italy theory. Also it is hard for teams to score on Italy because, it must be their fantastic defense, or maybe the fact that everytime they get beaten they tackle the defender while putting on a kitty face for the ref. You can whine about how France didn't deserve their first PK (which I agree with they didn't deserve that one) but unless you didn't watch the final there were many many occasions when a France player beat a Italian defender and got tackled from behind (which oh boy gave the US some red cards) and the ref just stood there with a thumb up his ass. Honestly though I wish they could all get back together and replay another game with no refs the only problem is I think Zidane would spend the whole time beating Materazzi down to a bloody pulp sad

But GJ none the less Italy for winning no matter what road you took to get there.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by emforsuhaz(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2006
even if it were togo trinidad or togo that won it i would have said they merited,to me "THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS" wink
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2006
A country that played 8 matches without losing any won the trophy by luck? I beg your pardon. Is luck an Italian word? they were the best team of the tournamant and they won fair and square even beating my darling Mannschaft German national team conceeding the least
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Cleofel(f): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2006
i was expecting an african country to win but i think that was God's wish 4 them to win cuz some of the africans died of happines when they scored.
i was in italy when they were playing the finals and i couldn't sleep that night.
Buffon promised to marry her girlfriend after they won the match and she got very angry with him when he came back 2 italy but they are now married and very happy together.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Priscila(f): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2006
o men! who watched france/italy euro qualifier?
I did and the men were out for revenge.
I said it earlier Italy never deserved to win worldcup. france were just awesome.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Chxta(m): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2006
What brand of paraga do they sell in New Jersey?

Donadoni and Lippi are two different coaches with two different styles of play. . .
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by hustler(m): 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2006
@ priscilla

at the end of the revenge what did they lifta world cup or a tea cup

they never deserved to win the world cup u say??

report to Blatter.maybe they will have it returned
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Priscila(f): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2006
chxta
that's funny man I only had red bull before I watched the match.Yes Donaodani and Lippi are different were the players different?
cannavaro was so tired that he feigned an injury.

hustler!
Am writing straight away to fifa president for under-achievers lifting the cup?
I beg! guys dont bay for my blood.
France just proved to all and sandry italy never deserved anything like reaching quarter finals. It will be shame if they dont qualify for euro 2008.
or are they suffering from WC hangover or will they say because they had some blackarmbands?
these men are just toothless.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by hustler(m): 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2006
@Priscilla

Y do u hate quality footballThey never deserved it but a player from that team got man of the match award for 3 games at the world cup.including the final itself,
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by kitaun(m): 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2006
@Hustler

What the heck are u talking about? those guys simply outclassed the Italians on the night, taking even more than their pound of flesh sef grin grin

Le blues were awesome in getting the three points even if they did not lift any trophy, Pirlo who i regard as one of the best midfielders in the world struggled throughout the match though he had a decent performance cool
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by hustler(m): 11:19pm On Sep 07, 2006
@ kitaun

u jus wait till the season starts.then u'll start to see quality football the azzuri are known for,

It was plain to see that physically, they r still way behind.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Priscila(f): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2006
well said lets wait and see what happens in serie A this season.
Milan have an upper hand anyway with lack of juve!
hustler
I dont hate Italy but they are just opportunists.And Materrazi insults to Zizzou just multiplied my bad!
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2006
France was the better team but even without the Zidane incident Italy would have won, Italian players play well under pressure except for the 1994 world cup final, well statistics show that Italy are one of the best teams when it comes to the dying minutes, but that shouldn't rule out the whole game, France deserved that trophy , I could have bet my life that they would have won, but good thing i didn't grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by GNature(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2006
@dblock

I agree with you 100%, France really deserved to win.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2006
yep and if things went the way they should have Italy wounld't even have been in the final
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by GNature(m): 9:16am On Oct 06, 2006
@dblock

True talk
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2006
Is there a Masculine version for (Lol) grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2006
dunno abt other matches o - but for that final match - france outplayed italy abeg, just that football is not always fair., one way or the other!
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2006
I really wanted Italy to win and yes! they won. France Hell no!
Italy got better players abeg. Either they deserved to win or not, why didn't other teams beat them including France. You say the referees helped them? I marvel at you people and it's a pity grin

ITALIA A TUTTI !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Video: Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2-0 All Goals & Highlights / The Wives And Girlfriends Of Germany's Football World Cup Stars / CAF Champions League S/F 2nd Leg: Enyimba FC Vs Wydad Casablanca (0 - 0) On Sunday 16th October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.