Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? (6369 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2006
Nahh the reason losers beat winners is not because they necessarily because they were helped by referees, i won't make excuses, but most of the time because of luck, and that's exactly what happened i just wish footbal went the way it was meant too you know big teams betin small team not the other way around, please note that i'm not implying that Italy are losers or a small team but that they are a smaller team than France
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2006
dblock:

they are a smaller team than France
whaaaaaaaaaaa How can you say that?
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2006
how many decades must pass before they speed up their game, geesh they are so boring even Australia nearly beat them cool
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2006
lol nearly can't kill a bird innit? Abeg leave me ITALIA cool
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by sage(m): 2:01am On Oct 08, 2006
dblock:

Nahh the reason losers beat winners is not because they necessarily because they were helped by referees, i won't make excuses, but most of the time because of luck, and that's exactly what happened i just wish footbal went the way it was meant too you know big teams betin small team not the other way around, please note that i'm not implying that Italy are losers or a small team but that they are a smaller team than France

This guy, u must be a joker. Italy has a smaller team than france? What a hell of a joke.

My guy, Italy deserved two worldcups, every single step of the way.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2006
Sure they did, sure they did, we all know the only reason Italy got past Australia was because of the Referee and the only reason they beat France was because of the Bad leadership and distraction of the Zidane incident, in 1994 Nigeria almost beat Italy, they only sneaked a victory in the dying minutes, Italy is the weakest strong team, they've got nothing on France and the only reason they won is beacause of the rule of football that states anything can happen grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2006
DBLOCK goodmorning! you sef know ITALY is a great team anyday anytime. Totti alone makes up the team talkless of the rest. wink
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by GNature(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2006
@Radiant

It is really nice coming across a lady that loves soccer. Girl you are awesome
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2006
Italy is a heavy weight team, a super power in Football since the old days till present they are the second greatest overall in all of the history of football second to Brazil, but that doesn't change the fact that France should have won, I looked at the Italian squad and i immediately knew that it was no strong squad, there were lot's of injuries and ab-sentis, the franch squad looked stronger and they had what it took to take a easy victory but they were unfortunate.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2006
@Gnature thanks baby wink

@dblock, u hear urself? "lots of injuries and ab-sentis" like my boy Nesta, Inzaghi and they still WON!!!
On the french side, it was only Zidane that got sent out few minutes to go. wink

"Looking stronger" and why didn't they Win? Please don't say the referees here wink ITALIA A TUTTI!!! grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2006
Their style of playing is unorthodox, they play slow and they don't exploit opportunities, they rely heavily and solely on fast breaks and counters, France is the opposite, plus i can tell you 5 players on the french team that are in the range of 4.5-5 star, but i can only tell you three italians, but their goal keeper Gianluigi Buffon is excellent, peharps that's why France didn't win a strong defence plus a great goalkeeper, it must have been fustrating for the likes of Henry and Zidane, but i still gave france the edge they are European Heavy weights and they are more fancied screw the Azurris grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2006
Dblock, no point arguing. ITALY is better that FRANCE anyday. Much respect to my Italian Mafias and world champions kiss kiss kiss
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2006
Screw the defence of The Azurris cool, Italy cursed the world cup with Penalties forever so because of this Fifa are considering scrapping penalties from the world cup, they are just too defensive, they screwed up the 94 world cup and now the 06 world cup angry angry angry
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2006
For crying out loud, ITALY has been known to play defensive games even in their league.
If any team in this world could play a defensive game and win the world cup, they would for sure play it. Even Brazil with all their beautiful skills, where are they today? Look at chelsea, once they score one goal, that's it. They go on defense.

Besides, it's not because of Italy FIFA is scrapping off penalties and besides it's yet to be decided.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2006
They screwed up the world cup, Radiant you need to watch the second round game Italy versus Oz and you'll rethink your passion for Gayzurii cool
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2006
I've watched the match twice and can see that Australia played a more defensive game than Italy.Italy played a good game all through and you can even see how many chances Italy missed especially Luca Toni sad
Italy attacked all through the game so blame Australia and not Italy 'cause OZ played defensive. wink
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2006
Yep Luca toni was pathetic welcome aboard the Gayzurri hate club cool
Sign here_______________(Italy is Gay)
and here___________________(they shouldn't have won)

and here     __________________(Their Glory days was over a long time ago)

and lastly here_____________________(France was the better side) cool cool cool
It's good to have you aboard Radiant grin
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2006
Well, I believe it's pure hatred from your part  tongue tongue tongue

Their Glory daiz are still on baby. Defending champions until further notice  grin

Dblock, Welcome on-board the Mafia Lovers club cool cool cool
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by dblock(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2006
Defending champions

Haha that's funny because they are defending champions(as in they won the thing) and defending champions(they defend, Mol grin), menn 2010 world cup Italy will get knocked out first round by swaziland (12-0)
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Radiant(f): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2006
Until then cool cool cool Peace out Bro laterz kiss
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by moonman676: 5:55am On Dec 05, 2009
I just read this thread out of amusement, and it seems as though the people on this thread care more about the result then the actual players do.

Anyways, on to the question. First of all, how can you say italy 'almost lost to teams.' you can't, because they won each and every game, barring that against the US (stupid game imo), and the score doesnt always justify the entire match. Second, for the record, most of the french team wasnt even french. just saying. In that year, I think every single player on the italian national team not only played in the serie a but was born in italy. Third, you can't really blame materazzi entirely for what had happened. That sort of bantering goes on between players in every game throughout the globe. Its the strategy of a defender; mess with the forward's mind and he will make mistakes. Zizou, being the exceptional player that he was, should have picked up on this and just let it pass-or, as the captain of france, told the ref. the CAPTAIN of a team, especially on an international stage, should set a good example. That is not what zidane did.

for any1 who wishes to flame me for bringing back this thread, i apologize, it was just interesting to read and wished to put my input into it.
Re: Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Video: Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2-0 All Goals & Highlights / The Wives And Girlfriends Of Germany's Football World Cup Stars / CAF Champions League S/F 2nd Leg: Enyimba FC Vs Wydad Casablanca (0 - 0) On Sunday 16th October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.