Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

How Was Your Fasting Today? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Was Your Fasting Today? (2269 Views)

If You Masturbate And Ejaculate While Fasting Then Your Fasting Is Invalid / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Your Fasting Today? by Maisuya1: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
Assalamu alaikum,

Last year I remember there was a thread were brothers and sisters shared how their fast day went. I guess the current stress in the atmosphere and the data loss here has slowed things down. That said this is how my fasting days went.

I can't believe its day 5 going to 6 already yet having done much in terms of ibadah (waAllahulmusta'an). Well one thing that has stood out this Ramadan is my wife's cooking, mehn she's good (I ll marry her over again if I have to) Allah bless her.

Another thing I did which anyone can tryout is; I noticed the mosque in my neiboughood is always filled to capacity since Ramadan (where did the extra people come from? Did they just realised there was a mosque there?) some people even have to pray outside on the ground so I bought 2 mats and dedicated the rewards therefrom to my late cousin and dad. (All those extraterrestrials that appeared and filled our mosque to capacity, hopefully the rewards from their prayers on the mat will go to my dad and cousin)

How was your day?
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by maclatunji: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
Half-dreading visiting a doctor for a mysterious chest pain that started last evening and has changed today but I feel is improving. I did not go to work but could not truly sleep (which I would have loved).

My chest burns as I type.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by barackodam: 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Meeee cry cry cry.

Havnt done any ibadah

Allahu 'alam
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by lanrexlan(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mai Suya: Another thing I did which anyone can tryout is; I noticed the mosque in my neiboughood is always filled to capacity since Ramadan (where did the extra people come from? Did they just realised there was a mosque there?)
They come from planet earth cheesy.The same here too,the first taraweeh was filled but as we progresses so does the number decreases.That's what we experience every year,hoping it will change one day.

Bro Maclatunji,sorry brother e ma farale ooo
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Rilwayne001: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
lanrexlan: They come from planet earth cheesy.The same here too,the first taraweeh was filled but as we progresses so does the number decreases.That's what we experience every year,hoping it will change one day.

Bro Maclatunji,sorry brother e ma farale ooo

grin Lol....

Same thang here oo
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
Is the whole Quran recited during taraweeh through the month in your mosque?

I miss that.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by lanrexlan(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2014
tbaba1234: Is the whole Quran recited during taraweeh through the month in your mosque?

I miss that.
Nooo,You don't want people to attend taraweeh any longer if you try that cheesy
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2014
lanrexlan: Nooo,You don't want people to attend taraweeh any longer if you try that cheesy

That is the beauty of taraweh, been able to listen to the whole Quran.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Maisuya1: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2014
When I used to be back home there was a mosque that did that, but u can be sure those who attended had not just strong eeman but physical strength,

As for me if I can get an imam dat recites d Quran well I don't mind how long taraweeh takes. Infact where I pray now I normally overhear the recitation of another imaam from another mosque when we finish our prayers, that guy 'karshe ne', he uses a beautiful melody, he has sublime 'mukharijah'(pronunciation) and he recites with an unusual riwaya (what do u call this self). One of these days I will try and trace the mosque
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2014
Mai-suya:
When I used to be back home there was a mosque that did that, but u can be sure those who attended had not just strong eeman but physical strength,

As for me if I can get an imam dat recites d Quran well I don't mind how long taraweeh takes

With a decent reciter, it is the most beautiful thing.

It does not take physical strength, it is one juz a day.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Sissie(f): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

With a decent reciter, it is the most beautiful thing.

It does not take physical strength, it is one juz a day.

shocked huh it doesn't take physical strength?
1 juz a day will take about about an hour, about 45 mins of that will be standing. So what will that take?
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by djojo(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2014
Thank Allah for the blessing of this beautiful month, the earlier u start doing ibadah cos u wont know when this glorious month will end.

The first taraweeh our imam said he will like us to finish a whole quran and thanks To Allah he just finish barqorah and move to the next surah but we human being we are so lazy, did u know the mosque was full on the first day and start declining since then, May Allah accept our prayer and forgive us all our since in this glorious month.

Jazaqum
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2014
Sissie:

shocked huh it doesn't take physical strength?
1 juz a day will take about about an hour, about 45 mins of that will be standing. So what will that take?

It does not, at least for a relatively fit adult. I went for these taraweehs for 3 years in a row. Physical exertion were not my worries. I am not the strongest person out there.

Besides one can get a bottle of water and take between salams if necessary

Just 8 rakats, it helps to read the ayat to be read before hand so that you can follow the recitation.

If mentally, you come with the attitude that it is going to be draining then ofcourse it will be.

It is so remarkable and really emotional when you get to juz amma, it feels like the Quran is leaving.. that is when the tears start.

It is an incredible journey.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Sissie(f): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2014
tbaba1234:

It does not, at least for a relatively fit adult. I went for these taraweehs for 3 years in a row. Physical exertion were not my worries. I am not the strongest person out there.

Besides one can get a bottle of water and take between salams if necessary

Just 8 rakats, it helps to read the ayat to be read before hand so that you can follow the recitation.

If mentally, you come with the attitude that it is going to be draining then ofcourse it will be.

It is so remarkable and really emotional when you get to juz amma, it feels like the Quran is leaving.. that is when the tears start.

It is an incredible journey.

I did not say it was very stressful but it does take physical strength, it's not just young men, the congregation also includes women and old people.

@bolded that is you, Salat is prayed in congregation and it's not about you.
@second bolded I didn't refer to myself and don't get the "you".

What strength does it take to stand for 45 mins? Mental strength?

I can see your Iman is very strong keep it up, but note that for some people it is physically draining.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by maclatunji: 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sissie:

I did not say it was very stressful but it does take physical strength, it's not just young men, the congregation also includes women and old people.

I can see your Iman is very strong keep it up, but note that for some people it is physically draining.

Wow, your points are sharp.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sissie:

Walking, drinking and talking take 'physical strength' too so why emphasise it. You only talk about that if a person is walking far fot instance because of the stress.

Ofcourse, it is not about me, that was an illustration of 'relatively fit' adults. Or are you reading past that. Some people can't handle it, but most can.

I was not the only person in the congregation, there were older men and women who came every day.

That is why I said, it is a mental thing not a physical thing. The mental is more important.

It takes both.

The mind directly affects the body. If you come to an exercise believing it will be hard and you can't do it, then there is a higher probability that you can't. Basic psychology. (The use of you is not a personal use)

What is with the 'Iman evaluation'? Only Allah knows a person's iman so telling a story should not give you a basis for doing that.

We all make efforts to seek Allah's forgiveness with taraweeh or other acts of ibadah. Doing taraweeh or liking quran recitation does not make a person righteous.

Ramadan is an opportunity for redeemption for all.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
The main problem is probably the language not physical exertions particularly for 8 rakat taraweeh. It could get boring if you do not understand what is being said.

I think to enjoy taraweeh where large portions of the quran is being read, one has to prepare for it. Know the portion of the Quran being read that day and go over it before taraweeh in english/ Arabic.

The Quran is meant to be experienced in salat and to be able to understand what is been said really makes a difference.

In other news:

There is 'global dawah day' on July 5.. Many muslims are taking to the streets for dawah, one is happening in Abuja, I understand. Training is given.

Some good you can do this ramadan

It is not an annual event so don't worry about innovation.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Maisuya1: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Another day of fasting passed, spent most of the day at work, was able to squeeze some Quran recitation after ZUHR prayer, will be travelling tomorrow although am allowed not to fast, I think the better option will be to fast.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mai-suya:
Another day of fasting passed, spent most of the day at work, was able to squeeze some Quran recitation after ZUHR prayer, will be travelling tomorrow although am allowed not to fast, I think the better option will be to fast.

safe trip
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 5:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Good laugh this morning watching this yoruba show. How they can turn anything into a song. May Allah bless the yoruba brothers/sisters. Happy people.

Have a blessed day
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Bakare19: 7:50am On Jul 04, 2014
tbaba1234: Good laugh this morning watching this yoruba show. How they can turn anything into a song. May Allah bless the yoruba brothers/sisters. Happy people.

Have a blessed day

lol...They called it 'wakaa'.It's always interesting especially when the whole 'alfas band' swing into repetition.Some are more gifted than others such that it almost consume the time meant for lecture.That is Yoruba people jare....lol
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2014
Bakare19: lol...They called it 'wakaa'.It's always interesting especially when the whole 'alfas band' swing into repetition.Some are more gifted than others such that it almost consume the time meant for lecture.That is Yoruba people jare....lol

grin It is entertaining. They just break into singing from nowhere. grin Wakaa, never knew that. JazakAllahu Khair
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Bakare19: 8:06am On Jul 04, 2014
tbaba1234:

grin It is entertaining. They just break into singing from nowhere. grin Wakaa, never knew that. JazakAllahu Khair
lol..

Wa iyyakum akhi..

1 Like

Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by reedbam: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
I'm just visiting the thread.. @maclatunji hope you're feeling better now?

Alhamdulillah today's fast was fine, but I'm just into another dilemma of 'what to eat' again embarassed
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by maclatunji: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
reedbam: I'm just visiting the thread.. @maclatunji hope you're feeling better now?

Alhamdulillah today's fast was fine, but I'm just into another dilemma of 'what to eat' again embarassed

Yes, I am feeling much better after loads of tablets, honey, tea, supplements, wind direction detection and avoidance plus Allah's grace.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by reedbam: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
maclatunji:

Yes, I am feeling much better after loads of tablets, honey, tea, supplements, wind direction detection and avoidance plus Allah's grace.
grin sounds like you enjoyed your way through the ailment, In sha Allah you'll be healed completely (amin)

1 Like

Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by tbaba1234: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
The women of this ummah are amazing and it becomes more obvious in Ramadan.
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by Maisuya1: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
tbaba1234: The women of this ummah are amazing and it becomes more obvious in Ramadan.
You can say that again.
@mac wish u full recovery.
I need to step up my Quran mode this Ramadan
Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by maclatunji: 12:04am On Jul 06, 2014
reedbam: grin sounds like you enjoyed your way through the ailment, In sha Allah you'll be healed completely (amin)

How does one enjoy ailment? It is a determination not to get held down and understanding your own body. I could easily be held down if I am not thinking on my feet and determined to stay healthy within the caveat of Allah's will.

I like your sense of humour though.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your Fasting Today? by maclatunji: 7:44am On Jul 06, 2014
Mai-suya:

You can say that again.
@mac wish u full recovery.
I need to step up my Quran mode this Ramadan

Thank you my brother.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Explain This Line From The Quran - Religion Of Peace? / Christian Woman Faces Death For Insulting Islam / Jibwis Host Open Air Preaching At Sani Abacha Stadium Kano State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.