Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,477 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans (25010 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by MadCow1: 10:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Watching John Mikel Obi in Slow Motion looks like you paused the Video. angry

2 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 03, 2014
tsolz84: Mikelis Obilis..smh..he ended his career the very day he moved to chelsea..and to think that some chelsea fans were screaming "robbery" when he lost the african's best to yaya toure..lol..
dont 4get he outplayed yaya. Bt yaya is beta sha
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by vislabraye(m): 10:57am On Jul 03, 2014
hensben: exactly bro, u don type talk am finish...btw, wey late yemi tella boys i.e chrisantus, alfar, oseni, et al

Abi O. What about Stanley Okoro, that short boy wey dey waya shot and keeper dey dodge am?
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2014
metorichmond: Yes he is overrated, mikel killed is own career with his own hand..... meanwhile brothers n sisters today is ma bthday, kindly help me thank the Lord for adding another year to maa years. HBD TO ME.
killed his career how? Do u knw hw many trophies he has won? Finals played in? You guys are biased. And here you r insulting sm1 nd begging 4 apy bday at d same tym!
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2014
abdulkayus: It still use to baffled me that its this same Mikel that was second to Messi in 2005 that he has now retrogress while Messi keep on progressing, law of inverse proportion. I felt pity and also partially blame Chelsea and Mourinho for his decline. Mikel is lazy and need to buckle up
NB. No b only mikel nd messi play dat tournament so until u cn mention d oda players thr dt r at d same level wit messi, stfu.

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by MadCow1: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2014
#DSTVEXPLORA..

#For Slow Motion, Just Press the #Mikel Button on your Explora remote to watch your favorite moments in Slow Motion and Press the #Obi button for even slower Motion, to Pause it, Pres and hold the #Mikel and #Obi Button together..

#Another ReasonToGetADSTVExplora. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by juman(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel is a great player.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by omar22(m): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2014
alexdidi: dont 4get he outplayed yaya. Bt yaya is beta sha

When?
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by kechywillz(m): 11:38am On Jul 03, 2014
he should have left chelsea when he had the opportunity,wen Inter milan came for him,he could have utilized that opportunity then. But now,i think its too late,inter milan may not be interested in him again,after his beyond par performance at the world cup.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by omar22(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2014
kechywillz: he should have left chelsea when he had the opportunity,wen Inter milan came for him,he could have utilized that opportunity then. But now,i think its too late,inter milan may not be interested in him again,after his beyond par performance at the world cup.

Inter wanted him for close to nothing
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by taiwoowiat: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2014
mikel

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by winiwini: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2014
na tribalism go kill naija pple. c this m*m* don turn the issue[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

dontjealousme: [size=18pt]Yoruba pull him down syndrome.

John Mikel Obi climbs higher...

A star is a star.[/size]
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by 299: 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Cecediva: Lol... 7 to 10 years is much, the difference will be much clearer. i don't think african players reduce upto 10yrs cheesy
Think again. Check out the difference between Cameroonian; Joseph Manila and Januzaj

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by senator4132: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sometimes we need to check that our supply of love for others is not depleted. Perhaps our gracefulness in our everyday life is lacking in how we treat our loved ones. How merciful are we when we come across those less fortunate than us? Do we need enriching? We will be blessed for the asking.

become a member and wipe away your sorrows !!!!!!just click here> http://churchofsatan.tk/become-a-member/

we promise you that all you have labored for will be useful and important to your livelihood.

life is surrounded with uncertainties,one must take advantage of opportunity<

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
omar22:

When?
afcon na. Mikel dominated.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by myboy2010(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
mikel is a complete flop... 2 me he is much of d snail family
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Johnnoo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
bamishow: Mikel is nothing but a flop.....his days are numbered @CFC

Mikel is nothing but a flop snail.....his days are numbered over @CFC grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by mkoabiola: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
D guy don make enof cash
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
most of us watch football with lots of hate and stereotyped sentiments against Mikel Obi. Yes Mikel has his flaws as a player, but the Mikel in the Nigerian team to the worldcup dint play too bad as to the level of criticism meted on him. if u must know, the man of the match in the Nigeria vs Iran game was mikel obi. stop ur hate. if you think football is dat easy pls go get urself a Boot and Jersey and possibly play urself into the super eagles team.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by DONADAMS(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
hensben: exactly bro, u don type talk am finish...btw, wey late yemi tella boys i.e chrisantus, alfar, oseni, et al
na tru...me sef dey 1da...and doze guys gud oh
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
princefunmi:

Yes, Mikel was not on show at Brazil.

But that doesn't make him a flop. Mikel has been a fine player for years at Chelsea. He has given very many sterling performances for the SE. But he was not in his elements in Brazil. It happens to players sometimes and i'm not sure its fair to critisice him.

When Mikel started off, he was in the mold of an all out advanced playmaker. He was known for his dazzling skills and telepathic passes. Much like the Kelechi Iheanacho of today. But then he went to Chelsea and he was used in a very different role. He wwas also used in a way that made sure he was not a limelight player. His ability to add rock solid stability to the rear midfield id not in doubt.

You guys need to look back in time at his many fantastic performances and you'll discover that there was a trend. He was essentially the anchor of the teams he featured in. And because he was always doing the dirty job at the back no one really saw him. But everyone agrees that he was damn effective.

He was the cynosure of all eyes at the Afcon and even at the Confed. Nigerians always sang his praise that he was this and that. Now suddenly because he had a bad day in the office at Brazil, Mikel is suddenly a slow poke. Everyone suddenly remembers he passes to the back. Everyone remembers he doesn't bomb forward. Everyone remembers that he is slow. But this where the things that made him so effective in the past - Careful guided play. I think Nigerians need to begin to learn to stand by their players. Gerrard was once in this predicament yet no one crucified him. Drogba and C.Ronaldo were once in this frame. Messi in all his glory used to be an underperformer fro his National Side, yet his fans stood by him.

It is only in Nigeria, that a few mistakes is enough to make people forget the great many heroics of the past. Ironically, no Nigerian is any better than Mikel, and yet we all keep throwing blames. Its a pity.
God bless u.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by greall1: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mike is average player..he doesn't fit for full Match
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
tenny07: Mikel might be a success @ chelsea but he became a flop towards the end of last season when Jose saw him as second fidel to the likes of ramires, salah, willian and now Fab. But to his home country he is bull s**t cos I have not seen nigeria produce a play maker that can not move ball in pace or dribbling is passes are not that perfect we can see that in this year world that SE got eliminated to france who are not better to the SE in that game his passes were mostly intercepted by his opponent and it only became obvious when onazi got injure by Matuidi and was substituted that we all know Mikel was a flop in SE and for future SE. Mikel is a flop.
if truely mikel's flop in the game became visible after the departure of onazi, pls wat important role did that substitute Reuben play in that game. mikel became weak because he had no Onazi to complement his effort after the injury. if truely u understand the intricacies in football, u'l know that the mikel-onazi combination worked perfectly until after d injury to onazi.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by andyanders: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Worst Player Ever is what Mikel is. Cannot even understand why he is been kept by Chelsea management. Worst player to be used when a team needed a win in any game.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mikel this, Mikel that! so what? abeg abeg abeg! you guys should give the dude a break plssss!!! you are all here ranting nonsense about him while he is busy counting his weekly millions! mtchew...bunch of jobless people!
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by Abraham2013(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
davdandam: Where's Isaac promise,lukman haruna, rabiu Ibrahim?
My man lukman haruna is d best nigerian mid fielder presently. Its just dat he has serious disciplinary issues buh dat is different 4rm his footballing skills.

1 Like

Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
franciskaine: if truely mikel's flop in the game became visible after the departure of onazi, pls wat important role did that substitute Reuben play in that game. mikel became weak because he had no Onazi to complement his effort after the injury. if truely u understand the intricacies in football, u'l know that the mikel-onazi combination worked perfectly until after d injury to onazi.
Dont mind them! Nigerians really enjoy bringing others down for no reason, tho obvious reason is hatred sha...but at least they should ease this hatred a lil! Mikel is human like you and i, and he cannot always satisfy us! and y'all acting as if Mikel is one robot. How many of you can even kick a straight ball? and yet you keep the critics flowing in like you are all better than him.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by ayobase(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
I hope Mikel Obi can google "Mikel+Nigeria+Chelsea+Snail+Back Pass+Stephen Keshi+Super Eagles"
just to see the RESULTS of ABUSES AND CURSES.....

There is money sha, so he won't think of suicide.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by hensben(m): 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Paretomaster:

So. Its Arsene wenger dat transform Pogba se? Pogba was made in United, he was in a haste to join d first team, and we have a no nonsense manager, so Mikel would have been a success Januzaj wait for his time, and its paying off.

Tell me just one player dat came out of Chelsea as a youngster,who went Ahead and become to world beater.

Did Ronaldo become a flop at United? If u are good u r good.
why una dey change topic like this to suit una argument, i am talking of how SAF doesnt give a chance to african players to prove themselves, i gave an example of fortune,manucho and djemba djemba n you are talking about ronaldo(a white guy), right from time, chelsea have good relationship with african players and most of them have excel there, mikel was hyped to stardom cos he has a recognize football agent(john shittu). pogba didnt even play a full match in man u when he was signed from a french team before he left for juventus, juventus made pogba not man u, Fyi,john terry is from chelsea academy, lampard was bought made world class by chelsea just like c. ronaldo in man u, petre cech and arjen robben too was made world class by chelsea
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by leggo: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Becacia_Barbie:
Dont mind them! Nigerians really enjoy bringing others down for no reason, tho obvious reason is hatred sha...but at least they should ease this hatred a lil! Mikel is human like you and i, and he cannot always satisfy us! and y'all acting as if Mikel is one robot. How many of you can even kick a straight ball? and yet you keep the critics flowing in like you are all better than him.
get back to the kitchen if You can't stand criticism of a semi-average player. Stop pulling the clichéd line of 'he's making money You're hating'. Mikel is paid to be a good player and not to be human like You and I.. Mind You millions of Nigerians are far better than he is, not all of us feel comfortable faking our ages.
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by leggo: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
hensben: why una dey change topic like this to suit una argument, i am talking of how SAF doesnt give a chance to african players to prove themselves, i gave an example of fortune,manucho and djemba djemba n you are talking about ronaldo(a white guy), right from time, chelsea have good relationship with african players and most of them have excel there, mikel was hyped to stardom cos he has a recognize football agent(john shittu). pogba didnt even play a full match in man u when he was signed from a french team before he left for juventus, juventus made pogba not man u, Fyi,john terry is from chelsea academy, lampard was bought made world class by chelsea just like c. ronaldo in man u, petre cech and arjen robben too was made world class by chelsea
haha.. Hyping chelsea, ain't You? Pogba was made in United or how else do you explain him walking straight into juve's first XI?
Re: Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans by ksbusari(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
accepted and nw I will be happy seeing him out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Asisat Oshoala's Mother In Her Shop (Photos) / Wayne Rooney Announces Retirement / John Obi Mikel: Comparing Him With Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.