Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab (4093 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by hauwababy: 8:32am On Jul 03, 2014
When the comrade Governor, Gov. Adams Oshiomole followed the trend of banning motor cycles commonly known as Okada in Edo State, he promised to alleviate the suffering of commercial bike riders by providing them with cabs that they would use in making ends meet.

He fulfilled his promise when he provided with them with brand new Suzuki Alto cars allegedly worth 1.5 million Naira. According to one of the cab drivers, the cab isn't free as they are expected to pay back the money.

http://www.yeoal.com/2014/06/check-out-pictures-of-adams-oshiomoles.html

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2014
U mean 15000 or 150000 or 1500000? because that can't be 1.5m nah, I no go enter beger motor sellers go buy jeep.

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by inteli: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2014
Corruption at it's peak!

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Dreal1247: 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
The vehicle should be a brand new one in which case it is not too expensive. The cost of maintaining new vehicles are far cheaper when compared with the cost of maintaining a fairly used or Belgium vehicles. At that i think it is not bad.

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by konjakonja(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
Are these tear-rubber vehicles ? These cars are not brand new
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by texaco1: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2014
This must be a joke ,how can this car be 1.5 million naira . Op ,abeg adjust the figure and give tthe correct one

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by ebullientV(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2014
To go in one of these cabs, say like from Ring-road/King's Square to Sapele road, will cost nothing less than 2K I guess.. #JustBringBackOurBikes..

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by egift(m): 9:31am On Jul 03, 2014

It is not the responsibility of the State Government to maintain these caps for the driver.

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2014
That cab is brand new, look well and you will see the waterproof sealed interior. Let's not be fast in criticising him, he is one of the best governors in Nigeria.

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by lakpalakpa: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2014
Is Oshiomole supposed to maintain the taxi for them??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by jieta: 9:53am On Jul 03, 2014
some people will say uduagha is corrupt but when i hear abt oshiomole i begin to redefine the meaning of corruption

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by lakpalakpa: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2014
texaco1: This must be a joke ,how can this car be 1.5 million naira . Op ,abeg adjust the figure and give tthe correct one

Have you ever bought a brand new car in your life??

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by jmaine: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2014
See the cheap plastic without enough passenger estate for transportation purposes. Na this small thing 4 pipu go squeeze siddon for back . . . . undecided
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by UrbanMystique: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2014
Brand new cars are always expensive no matter how small... People are use to tokunbo and second hand car.

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by gbeseun(m): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2014
People brain is totally washed with poverty,this Is new car and not tokunbo,so if they big it 1.1m and gave out to them at 1.5m is it too much as in higher purchase.
Go and see Nisan Micra and Google how much it is.

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by MadCow1: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2014
[b]Good Move Mr. Oshiomole.

1.5 Million Naira for Altos and probably a 100,000Km or 2 years Free or subsidized servicing from the supplier.. I Like.

QUESTIONS:

1. I hope to God that Oshomole has thought this move through properly and not just jumped on the #BanOkada bandwagon without properly thinking the move through like many Governors did. What was the plan for the phase out? Was it just an open banning of Okada and giving out new cars to former Okada owners to pay on Hire Purchase?! If it is, then its a big fail. I was in Cross Rivers State when the Governor banned Okadas and replaced them with a similar looking Suzuki vehicle. Withing the first 2 weeks, a fraction of those cars were accidented and written-off. Most of the Okada riders who got the cars had not even been properly trained on driving rules and regulations so they were driving those cars like they were bikes. Also, since those cars a cheap and affordable production cars from China, the safety ratings are abysmally low, so the chances of fatality in a crash is very high. These cars depreciate fast and add the horrible handling by their new owners, they depreciate at an even accelerated pace. In Rivers State, the news is the same; Odili bought Peugeots 406s and handed out, but the benefactors were people in his government and they never used them for public transportation but rather parked them in their houses. Amaechi came in and shared Kia Rios in partnership with Skye Bank and in under 6 months, those cars looked worse than Danfos.

Our Governments are very wasteful..

Every new government comes in, deeps his hands into our account and buys new cars to share. For those who dont know how they make money on these car deals, for every 3 or 4 they buy, they get 1 free. cool for imagine buying 100 cars from Kia or Peugeot or Toyota and imagine how much somebody made on that deal. grin YUUUUUP!! The governments keep sharing cars any how. How about the Government simply regulates the transport sector. How about they approve a few Companies and grant them the license to manage cabs. SO if I want to become a Cabbie, I would go register with one of the Companies and that company would be responsible for the Driver, make sure he is compliant with state rules, pays his taxes, put his Cab under their comprehensive fleet insurance and more. That way, every Company would be responsible for the offences of Cabbies under them.

Same for the Buses. Look at all the BRT buses bought by Fashola, in under 6 years, they all look worse than Molues?! I wonder why? I guess its because like with all things Government, nobody treats them with care. I doubt those Drivers were trained or if they are ever held responsible for those buses.

I am really tired of the incessant wastage in government and the lack of real thought in all Government policies. Its like somebody wakes up and gets an idea and rather than brainstorm it with the aim of fine-tuning it and covering all possible holes, they just come out of bed and implement it.

[/b]

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2014
Dreal1247: The vehicle should be a brand new one in which case it is not too expensive. The cost of maintaining new vehicles are far cheaper when compared with the cost of maintaining a fairly used or Belgium vehicles. At that i think it is not bad.

While I agree with you, I think there might be better styled cars out there for around the same cost.

Maybe like a Kia rio or something, that looks a bit more attractive than these.

Still kudos all the same, I guess!
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by ggrin(f): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2014
Mimiko wannabeundecided mtchhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by christejames(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sorry to say, Enugu state police car is way finer than that cab talk more of coal city cab or shuttle. This is a conspicuous evidence of fraud. I am not into cars but i know the worth of that car won't be up to 500000 talk more of 1500000. Lets try and get it right please, it pays to be honest.
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by egift(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
christe james: Sorry to say, Enugu state police car is way finer than that cab talk more of coal city cab or shuttle. This is a conspicuous evidence of fraud. I am not into cars but i know the worth of that car won't be up to 500000 talk more of 1500000. Lets try and get it right please, it pays to be honest.

The Enugu Police car is Kia Rio. A brand new starts at N2.250m - So they are not the same. And as a Higher Purchase, the drivers could have ended up paying not less than 2.5million.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1132200_c0dd7a467124721de57bad4da2756814_jpg95057acae6bbe0a10003a27bf76d85d8

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by lloydtruth: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
1.5m what? you mean this particular vehicle that am seeing?
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by egift(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
lloydtruth: 1.5m what? you mean this particular vehicle that am seeing?

Oya tell us the cost of a brand new Suzuki Alto.
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by pascal2young(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
it seems am the only one seeing the tokumbo tyres in the 1.5m brand new car

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by ewosk: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Before you say anything check the facts
•Suzuki Alto GLX five-speed manual– $12,490 (Manufacturer’s List Price)

Source:
www.caradvice.com.au/99619/suzuki-alto-v-nissan-micra-lig

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
Those cars are probably worth that much. Buying a brand-new car is always higher than when going for belgium ones. E.g, a brand new picanto is way 'costlier' than some belgium camrys, highlanders and other top known brands.

if a kia picanto can cost up to #1.5m, why wont that cab cost up to what they said they bough it??
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Goahead(m): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hilarious! Front page abeg..
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Delafruita(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

While I agree with you, I think there might be better styled cars out there for around the same cost.

Maybe like a Kia rio or something, that looks a bit more attractive than these.

Still kudos all the same, I guess!
have you considered fuel economy?the alto is the most fuel efficient car I know.as for the price,perhaps some folks need to take a trip to suzuki place in mushin

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
Some people are too daft to be argued with.
How much does a picanto costs talk less of this one

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
I hear the cabs are going to b maintained by the state government for 3 yrs. So all the drivers need to do is to pay off the balance daily and wen the payment is complete the car belong to them. That's very good and I heard they (cab drivers) charge less for drop than other private cab services. Thank you Oshiomole

Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by OCTAVO: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wonders shall never end!
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
This car wey go jam me, na him go enter spare parts market but I go dey ok no bruises.
Re: Checkout Oshiomole's N1.5m Cab by HowFar: 12:21am On Jul 04, 2014
These are keke on four wheels.

Full Text of Bishop Kukah's Interview With Channels TV / Story Of Katsina’s Indigenous Christians / ‎edo Governorship Election 2016 – LIVE UPDATES