Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds (2754 Views)

Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Drop To N300 From N5, 000 Per Basket / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
More of collective/group farming will open more oppourtunities for intending youth farmers
The companies wants to be assured of constant supply of raw materials. They tends to deal with corporate body that will not dissapoint with supply
Approaching companies as a group/association/cooperative gives access to open doors
The believe is that group of people can not all abscond with their finances/products
Most of the present farmers associations, sorry to say dont have visions or plan to move their group yet they are the ear of the government
Government pumps millions into this moribunds associations every year.
Dedicated youth in group farming will inject new technologies, ideas and can move their group ahead
Collective efforts are easily rewarded. There will be access to markets, agricultural inputs, trainings and lot more. Information will be more diverse and jobs will be created
There is a saying that if you want to go far, move together

3 Likes

Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by FarmTech(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by baminasri(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hello mr jethro, I will like to meet u in person about this cooperative stuff. Please contact me via my gmail. Bamdex007@gmail.com
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by paulseyi: 10:46am On Jul 08, 2014
I will like to meet you mr jethro my email ayseyi79@gmail.com
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2014
paulseyi: I will like to meet you mr jethro my email ayseyi79@gmail.com
baminasri: Hello mr jethro, I will like to meet u in person about this cooperative stuff. Please contact me via my gmail. Bamdex007@gmail.com
The no is 08064688501 or be at our coming youth meeting in Abeokuta on saturday 12th of july
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
The Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative meeting will be coming up on Saturday 12th July 2014 at Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10 am. The no to call is 08064688501. Election will be holding on that day. Thank you
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nomination and election for new executives will be holding tomorrow in Abeokuta. Time is 10am. Please lets be punctual
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by smithsammy(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hello jethro, weldone! Pls, I would be returning to school very soon and I planned to organise a joint students mechanise farming when I get to back school. And you having been in the system for long, I would need you to give me some tips, recommendations and information that will see to the success of the initiative.

Waiting to read from you soon.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 6:19am On Jul 14, 2014
smithsammy: Hello jethro, weldone! Pls, I would be returning to school very soon and I planned to organise a joint students mechanise farming when I get to back school. And you having been in the system for long, I would need you to give me some tips, recommendations and information that will see to the success of the initiative.

Welcome on board. Its a very good idea.
First, you need to get people of like minds. Those that will really be dedicated and have passion for the same projects.
Discuss your aims and objectives. Set some goals for yourself.
Talk to people that may want to be financially committed.
Be willing to sacrifice
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 9:59am On Jul 28, 2014
EID MUBARAK TO MY MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WISHING THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
jethro2: EID MUBARAK TO MY MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WISHING THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR
I sent u a message on facebook, I hope u got it.
If u did, pls get back to me.
Thanks ma'am
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 7:42am On Aug 11, 2014
The sellers of Vegetables like Tomato, Ata rodo, Tatase, Sombo usually buys from the popular mile 12 market in Lagos. Most of their location are far from the market.
The women will gladly buy from other source that will reduce the cost of transportation and at a better price.
We need individuals that will get in touch with the Vegetable sellers in their environment.
Lets say you discuss with 50 pepper sellers that each buys 3 small basket of tomatoes.
The total need for the group will be 150 basket.
We will supply the 150 basket to your doorstep on the agreed day
The women each come with their basket pick since they have been informed.
We pay you 10% of the transaction on each basket.
Lets assume a basket is sold for N1000. 10% of 1000 gives 100.
For 150 basket your commission will be 15000
One can start with N100 basket.

We supply as you demand.
Be your own boss.
Lets create job

Be your own boss.
Be an entrepreneur. Join the winning team.
Send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or call 08064688501
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by boluwajokosegun: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good idea Yinka but there is a more better way call Gbenga or WhatApp me to share with you
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
The harvesting season is approaching. We need buyers of maize and soya beans in large quantity. Minimum we can supply to your location is 30 Tonnes. Contact adesola_yinka@yahoo.com
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
The meeting of the Entrepreneurs will be holding on Saturday 13th of September 2014 at Bola Ajibola Street, opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by FarmTech(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
A CALL TO ACTION
Are you in Anambra state (or its environs) and have passion for Agriculture? I need partners, people that are willing to go into low-cost areas in agriculture. Potential animals to raise include goats, grasscutters, fish and rabbits. If you're interested, contact me on Facebook by the name, Ikeme Henry. THANKS.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
smithsammy: Hello jethro, weldone! Pls, I would be returning to school very soon and I planned to organise a joint students mechanise farming when I get to back school. And you having been in the system for long, I would need you to give me some tips, recommendations and information that will see to the success of the initiative.

Great idea.
agribusiness Passionate undergraduate or individuals with low capital income can always come together under a platform where they can pull financial resources,knowledge to achieve great objectives.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 12:46am On Sep 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposcooperative. Thank you
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society meeting will be holding tomorrow at Abeokuta. Venue Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Asero. Time 10am. www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Cooperative will reduce the problem of finance,lack of experience and good.markets for your produce.
Join one today.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 8:33am On Oct 04, 2014
Happy Eid mubarak to our brothers and sisters. May all our dreams and aspirations be fulfilled
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2014
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative meeting will be coming up this Saturday 11th of October at Bola Ajibola Street, Opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Abeokuta Ogun State. Time is 10am. For more information visit www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by Titiladeolu(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2014
This is nice.

Are you a youth and a passionate agriculturist in abuja. Please let's come together and discuss how we can access funds as a group to develop agriculture sector eg poultry,snail farming,fish farming etc.
If you are interested,please mail me at drtitilade.olu@gmail.com
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 1:50am On Nov 17, 2014
Government, NGO and International bodies will only assist financially if you can strive to do something tangible yourself. Its hard for them to partner with start ups
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 7:35am On Dec 05, 2014
Group farming to have access to market
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 7:50am On Jan 13, 2015
The market for agricultural produce is there. They need quality produce and consistence supply. A farmer can not meet this demand. The more reason farmers need to be together to produce same quality and standard
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by Kalusam(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
For any youth co-operative farming to be effective, the young farmers should:
(1) Get specialized trainings on the various crops they want to go into.
(2) Get quality seeds, and low cost technologies and innovations.
(3) Be 2 to 3 people who are focused and determined to succeed and build a team of like minded individuals.
(4) Have something to fall back on, should not depend on anyone or any institution for funds for their project. Meaning they should have saved money from previous work or business.
(5) They should have a realistic budget and have enough funds to achieve it!
(6) They should be ready to relocate to the rural areas or areas with an abundant and affordable land.
(7) They should understand their market or consumers and grow products that their market demands!
(cool They should properly plan and manage the Agribusiness financially!

Now this are few of the basis or keys to success, if you as a youth can apply all of these then congratulations...good bye to unemployment and poverty!

1 Like

Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by Pavore9: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
@Kalusam, you are so on point!

2 Likes

Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kalusam:
For any youth co-operative farming to be effective, the young farmers should:
(1) Get specialized trainings on the various crops they want to go into.
(2) Get quality seeds, and low cost technologies and innovations.
(3) Be 2 to 3 people who are focused and determined to succeed and build a team of like minded individuals.
(4) Have something to fall back on, should not depend on anyone or any institution for funds for their project. Meaning they should have saved money from previous work or business.
(5) They should have a realistic budget and have enough funds to achieve it!
(6) They should be ready to relocate to the rural areas or areas with an abundant and affordable land.
(7) They should understand their market or consumers and grow products that their market demands!
(cool They should properly plan and manage the Agribusiness financially!

Now this are few of the basis or keys to success, if you as a youth can apply all of these then congratulations...good bye to unemployment and poverty!
You ve said it all.
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
When you pay N20,000 you automatically have
1. Access to half acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one month training
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room has been arranged for participant to stay for a month
3. Seed will be given for you to pay at harvest
4. You can only plant vegetables
5. We will help to sell your vegetables if you follow the good agricultural practise that we will all learn during the training
6. You must participate in vegetable training for minimum of a month
7. No fertilizer will be given. We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and you can easily buy the inorganic fertilizer and organic if you want
8. You will pay for your tractor usage which is N3,000 per acre at the LGA. Trainee will take care of their farm labour
9. You get to feed yourself throughout the period
10. You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.
11. We take care of your accommodation for a month.
12. Alternative accommodation is been arranged for trainee to take care of themselves after the one month if they choose to stay
13. We only have space for 20 trainee for the month of May
14. Its on first pay first participating basis
15. Participant should prepare for real farm work
Expecting more questions.
Do have a lovely day
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
2ND FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING When you pay N25,000 for a month training,
you automatically have:
1. Access to half acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one month training
2. Accommodation of shared hotel room has been arranged for participant to stay for a month
5. We will help to sell your vegetables if you follow the good agricultural practise that we will all learn during the training
7. No fertilizer will be given. We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and you can easily buy the inorganic fertilizer and organic if you want
8. You will pay for your tractor usage which is N3,000 per acre at the LGA. Trainee will take care of their farm labour
10. You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.
12. Alternative accommodation is been arranged for trainee to take care of themselves after the one month if they choose to stay
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of July
15. Participant should prepare for real farm work.

Training dates July 6th - July 31st
Where Ago Amodu Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Contact no 08064688501
Re: Youth Should Engage In Group Farming To Have Access To Markets And Funds by jethro2: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
2ND FARM2MARKET VEGETABLE TRAINING When you pay N25,000 for a month training,
you automatically have:
13. We only have space for 30 trainee for the month of July
15. Participant should prepare for real farm work.

Training dates July 6th - July 31st
Where Ago Amodu Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Contact no 08064688501

(1) (2) (Reply)

Discover The Hidden Secret Of Making Millions From Ginger / Serious Buyers Are Needed for our Unripe Dried Plantain Flakes *PICS* / Can I Plant White Beans Now In The Southwest??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.