Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts (22884 Views)

ICAN 2014 May Diet / ICAN 2013 May Diet / When Will ICAN Release May 2012 Diet Result? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
MichChelsea: Hi guys, good job you're doing. Pls I need your help concerning materials to read for PE2; my sister wrote d may diet but didn't scale tru - she read only d study pack n pathfinder. Pls wat materials can she read for d courses in addition to d study pack?
Thanks in anticipation.
Pls, still waiting for your suggestions. Thanks
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 3:22am On Jul 18, 2014
MichChelsea:
Pls, still waiting for your suggestions. Thanks

CaseStudy- ICAN yet to be released pack may be the best option cos it's a new paper

Adv Taxation - Fundamental Principles of Nigerian Taxation by Seyi Ojo

Corp Reporting - Bpp ACCA P2 Study Text and the exam kit

SFM - Chief Oye Akinsulire...cant remember the name of the text but its very popular...the 7th or 8th edition

Advanced Audit n Assurance- she must ve passed that in the old PE1 however John Uzu's Advanced Audit and Assurance would be a great piece in anyone's Library.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
hayoakins:

CaseStudy- ICAN yet to be released pack may be the best option cos it's a new paper

Adv Taxation - Fundamental Principles of Nigerian Taxation by Seyi Ojo

Corp Reporting - Bpp ACCA P2 Study Text and the exam kit

SFM - Chief Oye Akinsulire...cant remember the name of the text but its very popular...the 7th or 8th edition

Advanced Audit n Assurance- she must ve passed that in the old PE1 however John Uzu's Advanced Audit and Assurance would be a great piece in anyone's Library.
Thank you so very much n God bless.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Kossyne(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
yummy001: @gbengress1 & hayoakins,

I will be writing financial reporting for the new intermediate come november.Please,what other good textbook can I combine with ACCA BPP f7?Is FAMS(IFRS edition) okay?
Kindly advise a brother.Thanks in advance.

Pls how do i get my hands on ACCA study packs ( soft or hard copy), esp F5, F7 and P1.
I reside in owerri.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Kossyne(m): 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
hayoakins:

In addition to the F7 BPP Study text, get the F7 Exam kit and familiarise yourself with the questions and also make iasplus.com your best friend for all IFRS and IAS related issues.

Using more than one text may hinder you from thoroughly covering the syllabus.

All the best.

I will be sitting the application level come november, pls which materials will I use to study since the ICAN study packs are not out yet. I intend to study on my own.
I will be writing Performance Mgt, Financial reporting, Governance, Risk and Ethics and Public Sector. Pls advise.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by bobbyL(m): 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Chicjennie: ATS 1 (4 papers) --> ATS 2 (4 papers) --> ATS 3 (4 Papers)--> Application Level (4 papers) --> Professional Level (5 papers). D fees marginally keep increasing with about N3,500 in each level & Of course, U need to pay for each Level. Abeg no fear O. I started from Foundation with my B.Sc and now I'm heading for d Professional Level... It's a Phase but determination is of paramount importance.
coolestboy:
Hi bro, which level wil i start from as a graduate and how much wil it cost me?
Thanks!

As a graduate, you do not need to begin with ATS, you can start from Knowledge level and even have some exceptions depending on your course of study.

check this link for the new syllabus and other info on eligibility and exemptions: http://www.icanig.org/ican/documents/PS2014.pdf

Also visit icanig.org if you need more info or contact numbers and email.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by coolestboy(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2014
bobbyL:

As a graduate, you do not need to begin with ATS, you can start from Knowledge level and even have some exceptions depending on your course of study.

check this link for the new syllabus and other info on eligibility and exemptions: http://www.icanig.org/ican/documents/PS2014.pdf

Also visit icanig.org if you need more info or contact numbers and email.
Thanks a lot brother. Can u please specify the cost of running the program. I have tried checking the site but its nt available and i wouldn't want to dash into d program without enuf fund as i would be sponsoring myself. Thanks brodaman!
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2014
Kossyne:

Pls how do i get my hands on ACCA study packs ( soft or hard copy), esp F5, F7 and P1.
I reside in owerri.

For softcopy, It will be unethical to point you to where you can download a copy due to copyright laws, however; I can confirm that they are available online if you know how to question google as it follows the GIGO principle.

For hardcopy, I only know of where you can get the materials in Lagos but you can google ACCA centres in Owerri, they should sell the materials.

cheers.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Kossyne:

I will be sitting the application level come november, pls which materials will I use to study since the ICAN study packs are not out yet. I intend to study on my own.
I will be writing Performance Mgt, Financial reporting, Governance, Risk and Ethics and Public Sector. Pls advise.

PM is a combination of MA and IT, hence; ICAN IT becomes handy.

For the MA part, James Oguns Management Accounting OR Adeniji's MA will be appropriate.

Fin Reporting... ACCA F7 BPP text and exam kit

MGE ...pls check my previous post

PSAF ...The best option would be to wait for ICAN pack while you attend lectures to get busy due to new topics and the introduction of IPSAS
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by bfn1: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
hayoakins:

PM is a combination of MA and IT, hence; ICAN IT becomes handy.

For the MA part, James Oguns Management Accounting OR Adeniji's MA will be appropriate.

Fin Reporting... ACCA F7 BPP text and exam kit

MGE ...pls check my previous post

PSAF ...The best option would be to wait for ICAN pack while you attend lectures to get busy due to new topics and the introduction of IPSAS

Thank you very much, hayoakins. Your recommendations here are relevant to me too. I'm in the Application stage.

Please, if you happen to know about the availability of the ICAN study packs first, let us know. I'll really appreciate that.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by bimbcy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello, pls what is d implication of one's school not bin accredited by ICAN?
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 1:18am On Jul 21, 2014
bimbcy: Hello, pls what is d implication of one's school not bin accredited by ICAN?

You wont be exempted from certain papers, please consult the new syllabus for adequate information. It is available on ICAN's web.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls guys, anybody have compregensive video lectures/tutorials PE2 for sale?
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by joeCFA: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Are you a Student member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria(ICAN) in dare need of relevant materials tailored to some of the courses in the New syllabus;we the right materials for you.This material contains interactive video lecture produced by the LONDON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE and a class notes with some practice questions therein.
If you are in dare need send mail to accamaster@yahoo.com or call 07034586186
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by judeeze434: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2014
congratzs people
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by yummy001: 9:03am On Aug 05, 2014
@hayoakins,Going through this new Performance Mgt syllabus,it seems the course is in a world of its own.Please,have you gone through this new Perf. Mgt syllabus?Do you still think it is something J.Oguns can handle,especially for those of us not attending lectures?I'm aware that you are not writing anything M.A again;but could you please help me ask around what guys are reading for this Performance Mgt?I'm really sorry if I'm causing you any inconvenieces,but I will really appreciate it if you can render me this favour. Most of these newly-introduced topics are just looking damn complex.Thanks in advance!
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2014
yummy001: @hayoakins,Going through this new Performance Mgt syllabus,it seems the course is in a world of its own.Please,have you gone through this new Perf. Mgt syllabus?Do you still think it is something J.Oguns can handle,especially for those of us not attending lectures?I'm aware that you are not writing anything M.A again;but could you please help me ask around what guys are reading for this Performance Mgt?I'm really sorry if I'm causing you any inconvenieces,but I will really appreciate it if you can render me this favour. Most of these newly-introduced topics are just looking damn complex.Thanks in advance!

Performance Mgt is a combination of 75% MA and 25% IT. You will need to combine the MA text with another IT text, however; i suggest ICAN's Old PE1 IT pack. Ogun's or Adeniji Text is still relevant to the 75% MA.

No new topics brov, same ni

Cheers.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2014
Same ni...Panic thou not grin

B4. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Purpose
Performance management develops and deepens student’s capability to provide information and decision support to management in operational and strategic contexts with a focus on linking costing, management accounting and quantitative methods to critical success factors and operational strategic objectives whether financial, operational or with a social purpose. Students will be expected to be capable of analysing financial and non-financial data and information to support management decisions.

Content and Competences
A. PLANNING AND CONTROL MANAGEMENT 25%
1. Entity performance management
(a) Select and calculate suitable financial performance measures for a given business from given data and information evaluating the results based on business objectives and advising upon management action.
(b) Select and calculate suitable non-financial performance measures for a given business from given data and information evaluating the results based on business objectives and advising upon management action.
(c) Explain and assess the use of balanced scorecard methods including evaluation of performance from given data and information.
(d) Explain and evaluate the use of value for money (VFM) techniques in performance management.
(e) Select and explain stakeholder based measures of performance that may be used to evaluate social or environmental performance of a business.

2. Divisional performance management
(a) Select and calculate suitable bases for setting transfer prices for decision-making and performance measurement based on give information for a given business evaluating the results and advising upon management action.
(b) Select and explain suitable divisional performance measures for a given business using return on investment, residual income and economic value added approaches evaluating the results and advising upon management action.
3. Planning and Control
(a) The purpose of budgetary control systems
 Alternative approaches to budgeting including incremental budgeting, zero-based budgeting, activity-based budgeting and rolling budgets
(b) Variance Analysis
(i) Calculate and present using absorption or marginal costing techniques performance management reports that reconcile actual and budgeted results.
(ii) Apply flexed budgeting techniques to a given scenario.
(iii) Calculate using given information and advise management of the implications of and actions required based on variances including:
 Sales, price and volume variances.
 Materials use and price variances.
 Variable overhead expenditure and efficiency variances.
 Fixed overhead volume, capacity and efficiency variances.
 Material mix and yield variances.
 Sales mix and quantity variances.
 Planning and operational variances.

A. DECISION MAKING 25%

Advanced Decision-making and decision support
(a) Select and calculate suitable relevant cost bases based on given data and information evaluating the results and advising on management action.
(b) Select, calculate and present cost volume profit analyses and break even analyses based on a given business and given data and information using both numerical and graphical techniques evaluating the results and advising on management action including single and multiple product decisions.
(c) Select relevant limiting factors for a scarce resource or resources in a given business scenario applying a relevant technique given business objectives including make or buy decisions.
(d) Calculate and present using simultaneous equations or graphical techniques an optimal solution to a given business problem with scarce resources advising upon management action
(e) Calculate and present numerically and graphically the optimum selling price for a product or service using given data and information for a given business and advising upon management action.
(f) Select and advise management upon suitable pricing strategies for a given business based on a given business scenario and given business objectives using linear programming technique.
(g) Select calculate and advise management upon suitable techniques to deal with make or buy decisions, in-house or outsourcing decisions, contract pricing decisions and decisions on whether to undertake further processing or not.
(h) Select and explain how management can deal with uncertainty in decision-making including the use of simulation, decision-trees, expected values and sensitivity analysis applying such techniques to a given business with given data and information including giving advice to management.
(i) Target costing and lifecycle costing
(j) Product and segment profitability analysis
(k) Theory of constraints, throughput and backflush accounting
(l) Activity-based analysis for decision making

C Strategic Performance Management 25%
(a) Analyse and evaluate given a scenario for a given business given its objectives, critical success factors and strategy using techniques such as c analysis, five forces analysis, the Boston Consulting Group model, value chain analysis, Ansoff’s matrix bench marking, and other suitable strategic models including information about its strengths weaknesses opportunities and threats suitable performance measures at a strategic level.
(b) Analyse and evaluate including calculations of suitable performance measures for a business given a scenario including return on capital employed, return on investment, earnings per share, earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation, residual income, net present value and internal rate of return and assessment of mutually exclusive projects with unequal lives.
(c) Analyse and evaluate given a business scenario suitable measures of liquidity, gearing and cash flow for a business entity.

D IMPACT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 25%
1. Performance and management systems
(a) Evaluate and advise management on suitable information technology and information systems support that may enable them to operate effective operational and strategic performance management systems covering:
i. Sources of Information
ii. Information Technology tools for Performance management at various levels (Strategic, Tactical and Operational)
iii. Use of Internet Technologies for Performance management and Key performance Indicators
(b) Evaluate and advise management on suitable approaches that may be used to manage people issues and change when implementing performance management systems.
2. Systems Design, Acquisition and Development Process
Explain, describe or discuss the stages of the systems acquisition and development process and understand the role of the accountant within it.
 Systems acquisition/development life cycle phases, tasks
 Investigation and feasibility studies
 Requirements analysis and initial design
 Systems design, selection, acquisition/development
 Systems implementation
 Systems maintenance and program changes
 Project management, project planning, project control methods and standards
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by yummy001: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
hayoakins:

Performance Mgt is a combination of 75% MA and 25% IT. You will need to combine the MA text with another IT text, however; i suggest ICAN's Old PE1 IT pack. Ogun's or Adeniji Text is still relevant to the 75% MA.

No new topics brov, same ni

Cheers.
Thanks so much for the response bro.Since I already have Colin Drury which is one of the ICAN recommended texts for the old M.A,do you recommend I throw in Oguns into the fray?And finally,do you have any idea when ICAN will be unveiling the new study packs?
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
yummy001:
Thanks so much for the response bro.Since I already have Colin Drury which is one of the ICAN recommended texts for the old M.A,do you recommend I throw in Oguns into the fray?And finally,do you have any idea when ICAN will be unveiling the new study packs?

I used Lucey back in school and know nothing about Colin but if you find it easy to understand and with it, you are able to solve the questions in the old MA pathfinder, i think it's okay as having several textbook most times lead to not mastering any.

For the pack, Bros eh, na so so posting ICAN dey post us oh, even some of the council members that lecture me no dey gree answer the question of when the packs would be available. We can't wait on them forever as it's August already, I already source and still sourcing for materials.

Cheers.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
@hayoakins, pls I'm waiting for your reply to the mail as I'm gona need the stuff b4 this weekend. Thanks
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
MichChelsea: @hayoakins, pls I'm waiting for your reply to the mail as I'm gona need the stuff b4 this weekend. Thanks

Resent
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
hayoakins:

Resent
Pls could you send your number in a mail, so I can call u because we wnt to get it 2mao.
Thanks
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
You may eliminate your stress in going to lecture by downloading your ican lectures at icanlectures.com.ng
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by yummy001: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
houseoftuition1: You may eliminate your stress in going to lecture by downloading your ican lectures at icanlectures.com.ng
Oga,why post here when the website is still under construction?
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by nwachukwuaca18(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
yettybaby112: wrote Pe1 and the rest is a sad news
Did u study accountancy...or in fact do u have passion for accountancy? Probably no to both...its not for all dear. Sorry all d same
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 8:07am On Aug 18, 2014
nwachukwuaca18:
Did u study accountancy...or in fact do u have passion for accountancy? Probably no to both...its not for all dear. Sorry all d same

You dont't have to discourage yettybaby112, guess you got ACA already without a REF and think ICAN is just a hit and run exams hmmm? Ask the likes of Adeniji and some known FCAs, they will tell you how many double stars they got. If you don clear am, SOOPE TIE MEHN grin

yettybaby112, It depends on how bad you want it, if you are prepping for ICAN and you do not lose any of your friends, you haven't started yet, ICAN is a kidnapper and a jealous lover that would take almost all your time. Invest your time studying now and enjoy the dividend later.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by yummy001: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2014
hayoakins,please don't hesitate to inform the house whenever ICAN eventually decides to come up with the new packs.This will go a long way in helping some of us who are not too close to information.Sorry for bothering you about this Performance Mgt again;since you've read J.Oguns before,do you know if it covers advanced techniques used in measuring critical success factors and strategy such as c analysis,five forces analysis,ansoff's matrix bench marking,the boston consulting group model,value chain analysis etc?I'm seriously looking for a text that covers these models.Thanks in advance bro.
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
nwachukwuaca18:
I started from ATS but I haven't failed before besides, I have so much passion for it that I haven't missed any diet . Though,i didnt study accounting.
Until I am chartered, am not going to give up
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
hayoakins:

You dont't have to discourage yettybaby112, guess you got ACA already without a REF and think ICAN is just a hit and run exams hmmm? Ask the likes of Adeniji and some known FCAs, they will tell you how many double stars they got. If you don clear am, SOOPE TIE MEHN grin

yettybaby112, It depends on how bad you want it, if you are prepping for ICAN and you do not lose any of your friends, you haven't started yet, ICAN is a kidnapper and a jealous lover that would take almost all your time. Invest your time studying now and enjoy the dividend later.

Cheers!
Thanks
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by Maximus17(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2014
for those who intend to write case study exam, i saw an ACCA pack at Wyse called 'Business Analysis’ the seller told me it could help for now in understanding and analysing case study questions

for performance mgt,Adeniyi Adeniji has released a text for it,check wyse also
Re: Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts by hayoakins(m): 8:37am On Aug 21, 2014
yummy001: hayoakins,please don't hesitate to inform the house whenever ICAN eventually decides to come up with the new packs.This will go a long way in helping some of us who are not too close to information.Sorry for bothering you about this Performance Mgt again;since you've read J.Oguns before,do you know if it covers advanced techniques used in measuring critical success factors and strategy such as c analysis,five forces analysis,ansoff's matrix bench marking,the boston consulting group model,value chain analysis etc?I'm seriously looking for a text that covers these models.Thanks in advance bro.

Bro,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I don't have any of the text anymore, hence i cant confirm the topics as requested.

You can walk to any bookshop to confirm, you won't be charged for checking out a text grin

Maximus17: for those who intend to write case study exam, i saw an ACCA pack at Wyse called 'Business Analysis’ the seller told me it could help for now in understanding and analysing case study questions
for performance mgt,Adeniyi Adeniji has released a text for it,check wyse also

I thought as much, that's ACCA's P3. It has a lot to do with biz models etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Quotes All Entrepreneurs Should Memorize / Minimum Wage: Dockworkers’ Wages Rise To N150, 000 / CCTV To Be Installed In Workers' Toilets. Should She Resign?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.