Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

"Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam (7002 Views)

Bad Governance Has Bred Uprisings From Boko Haram To Biafra / SE; Biafra Nothing Else—good Governance Has Always Failed{Counter Thread} / Straight Talk By Jasper Azuatalam‎ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
The Chairman, Buhari Vanguard, Jasper Azuatalam, has criticized the comments made by the former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, about General Buhari on the spate of insurgency in the country.
He stated that what Nigerians were looking for was not religious bias but better governance which “people in power have failed to provide”.
He stated that former Aviation Minister lacks understanding of what General Buhari was saying when mentioning the Sharia and its application to Muslim religion in the country.
He noted that General Buhari is a Muslim and has every right to practice his religion which he said doesn’t stop the Christians from practicing their own religion, “when a Christian says I’ll work hard to spread the gospel, if you are a Christian you won’t see anything wrong with that.
“When a Muslim says I’m going to do well to spread the tentacles of Sharia which is the principle of Islam you think otherwise because you don’t understand what he is saying.”
Speaking as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, Mr. Azuatalam further explained that the comment by Buhari, saying “Nigerians and Muslims should only vote for people that will protect their own interest”, was not part of a campaign message but was in line with what Nigerians need in terms of good governance such as increased educational standards, good roads, infrastructural developments amongst others.
“When people are in power and they fail to provide these things they seem to distort facts and divert the attention” from good governance to religion, maintaining that Buhari’s statements were not part of his campaign message but reflections of “day to day way of life”.
He stressed that the issue of Boko Haram came up during former president, Olusegun Obasanjo’s era, and “Obasanjo realized that the issue was mismanaged, so he went back to Boko Haram to appease them but unfortunately the issue had escalated.
“Personally at that point I advocated that the Boko Haram should have dialogue and should be talked to (because) at that stage it was a Nigerian issue but now they are terrorists”, he said. He asked that the Nigerian Government should standup and fight the insurgents.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/03/good-governance-nothing-religion-azuatalam/

13 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Sijo01(f): 6:15am On Jul 04, 2014
Agreed

12 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Yoney007(f): 6:15am On Jul 04, 2014
Confirmed!!!

8 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by immortalvoices(m): 6:16am On Jul 04, 2014
the reason why the state of nation is undeveloped politically socio-economically and other wise was due to the greed and short sighted approach of the military regime (buhari obasanjo babagida and co)

And now he look to score a political goal in a religious way by spewing trash

In as much as the explanations are nerve soothing since it's coming from old cargoes like buhari and co who I'm still not convince about his innocence on boko haram emergence, me think the success and future of this country is not in any of our past leader's hand Jonathan buhari or any oda

Agreed....for me is a no!

4 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by lilmax(m): 6:19am On Jul 04, 2014
Reasonable

3 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Otunbab: 6:24am On Jul 04, 2014
True that.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by gratiaeo(m): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Tell that to Muslims

9 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Guykhena(m): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2014
Tell that to the past dictators...

2 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by justi4jesu(f): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Yeah yeah!!
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by estyvino(m): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2014
For every action, there is equal and opposite reaction. A word will do!
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by madridguy(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2014
The problem with we Nigerian is that we don't reason with ourselves. What I think in this type of situation is that most of Christian has has grow personal hatred for Islam. Look at the issue of Islamic banking, I was so mad with the way people were just shouting, saying the bank will be sponsoring terrorism, what did a bank have in coonection with terrorist? Well, thank God for the like of pastor Tunde Bakare. For example, if Michael did something wrong, you won't hear anything but if it was a way round, you will hear a Muslim man killed his wife in Lagos, no one will mention his name. Islam forever.

26 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by lmm4real: 6:29am On Jul 04, 2014
Tell them ooo, down hear religion is every thing.Too much religion and very little faith.
Every pastor has a different interpretation of the same verse, and some miss guided Muslims want to arm twist the whole country with bomb.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by gbaskiboy: 6:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Good morning Nairalanders, how was ur night? I dreamt that our girls are back with heavy pregnancy. is this true?
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Chai. Its good to watch what you say. Words are like eggs, once dropped, they cannot be retracted. How many years ago did Buhari make that statement, and it still haunts him.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by ibietela2(m): 6:33am On Jul 04, 2014
They are using every means they got
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by immortalvoices(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2014
madridguy: The problem with we Nigerian is that we don't reason with ourselves. What I think in this type of situation is that most of Christian has has grow personal hatred for Islam. Look at the issue of Islamic banking, I was so mad with the way people were just shouting, saying the bank will be sponsoring terrorism, what did a bank have in coonection with terrorist? Well, thank God for the like of pastor Tunde Bakare. For example, if Michael did something wrong, you won't hear anything but if it was a way round, you will hear a Muslim man killed his wife in Lagos, no one will mention his name. Islam forever.

Oga don't incite religious e-fight here abeg, majority of the gruesome murders and gory incidents were perpetuated under the name of religion (by those who claim to be muslims in the north) and now what about boko haram who claim to be guided by ALLAH...

Why won't "naïve christian" have such hatred towards Islam? does christian take up arms and bombs to destroy
?

Abeg no vex me with ur holier dan thou and pretentious- peace making comment here..

25 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by immortalvoices(m): 6:37am On Jul 04, 2014
gbaskiboy: Good morning Nairalanders, how was ur night? I dreamt that our girls are back with heavy pregnancy. is this true?

Not funny...and next time be reasonable

They could be ur sisters someday!

10 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by calyb247(m): 6:38am On Jul 04, 2014
Who I speaking? Chairman, Buhari Vanguard.. *runs out of thread*
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by G12(m): 6:40am On Jul 04, 2014
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 04, 2014
What we believe but cannot prove,we call FAITH.What others believe but cannot prove,we call SUPERSTITION #Fact

3 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by egift(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2014
Agreed. What Nigeria is a good leader with the plan and will to develop and protect Nigerians. We do not need your brother or your in-law. grin
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by masterP042(m): 6:45am On Jul 04, 2014
booked

space.

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by victorazy(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2014
That stvpid boy was talking rubbish yesterday on Channels, he is a disgrace to Igborace.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by NaLaugh: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2014
True.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by victorazy(m): 6:53am On Jul 04, 2014
immortalvoices:

Oga don't incite religious e-fight here abeg, majority of the gruesome murder and gory incident were perpetuated under the name of religion and now what about boko haram who claim to be guided by ALLAH...

Why won't naïve christian have such hatred does christian take arm and bomb to destroy

Abeg no vex me with ur holier dan thou and pretentious- peace making comment here..

Don't mind the idiott trying to protect what he no nofin about.

3 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Vansnickers: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2014
immortalvoices: the reason why the state of nation is undeveloped politically socio-economically and other wise was due to the greed and short sighted approach of the military regime (buhari obasanjo babagida and co)

And now he look to score a political goal in a religious way by spewing trash

In as much as the explanations are nerve soothing since it's coming from old cargoes like buhari and co who I'm still not convince about his innocence on boko haram emergence, me think the success and future of this country is not in any of our past leader's hand Jonathan buhari or any oda

Agreed....for me is a no!

At least Buhari tried to save the country. Shagari's government left the country's finances in shambles.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Vansnickers: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2014
immortalvoices:

Oga don't incite religious e-fight here abeg, majority of the gruesome murder and gory incident were perpetuated under the name of religion and now what about boko haram who claim to be guided by ALLAH...

Why won't naïve christian have such hatred does christian take arm and bomb to destroy

Leave him alone!
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Ebubeslym(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2014
madridguy: The problem with we Nigerian is that we don't reason with ourselves. What I think in this type of situation is that most of Christian has has grow personal hatred for Islam. Look at the issue of Islamic banking, I was so mad with the way people were just shouting, saying the bank will be sponsoring terrorism, what did a bank have in coonection with terrorist? Well, thank God for the like of pastor Tunde Bakare. For example, if Michael did something wrong, you won't hear anything but if it was a way round, you will hear a Muslim man killed his wife in Lagos, no one will mention his name. Islam forever.

what if we start Christian banking....
will you be in support??
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Davgwen(f): 7:15am On Jul 04, 2014
True talk but one cannot just trust these muslims wey carry muhammed for head.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:18am On Jul 04, 2014
My question here is:
1 How will christians propagate christianity, and what has history taught us regarding the way christians advance christianity in Nigeria, is it through violence, or holy war, or via peaceful means.
2 How will muslim propagate islam/sharia, and what has history also taught us regarding the way muslims advance islam, is it through sword, or holy war or peaceful message.

Now buhari is talking that he will encourage islam/sharia to spread tentacles, and this man is comparing it to a nominal christian saying he wil make christianity spread. That is a wrong comparison, buhari is a leader, that has political ambition, if the comparison has been to a christian leader that also has political ambitions, then there wil be basis for comparison.

4 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Cubeet: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2014
This is crazy sha
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2014
azuatalam idiot! EZIGBO AZU GA TA GI NA AMU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Biafra Demonstration In Aba Now! / Maiduguri-damaturu Highway Reopens After Closure For Military Operation / NNPP North-East Zonal Secretary, Babayo Liman, Others Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.