Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

"Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam (7006 Views)

Bad Governance Has Bred Uprisings From Boko Haram To Biafra / SE; Biafra Nothing Else—good Governance Has Always Failed{Counter Thread} / Straight Talk By Jasper Azuatalam‎ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by teetoh(f): 7:34am On Jul 04, 2014
Ebubeslym:

what if we start Christian banking....
will you be in support??
is dere christian banking lol

2 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by durella4(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2014
gbaskiboy: Good morning Nairalanders, how was ur night? I dreamt that our girls are back with heavy pregnancy. is this true?

Hell No!!!! d only truth s dat u re having malaria n u nid 2 treat it urgently b4 u see urself inside coffin.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by hrykanu231(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2014
grin
ANAMBRA11: azuatalam idiot! EZIGBO AZU GA TA GI NA AMU
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by RealSleek(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2014
True but Sadly,in Nigeria,actions(e.g public votes) are more guided by sentiments than rational reasoning.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by pmc01(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2014
immortalvoices:

Oga don't incite religious e-fight here abeg, majority of the gruesome murder and gory incident were perpetuated under the name of religion and now what about boko haram who claim to be guided by ALLAH...

Why won't naïve christian have such hatred does christian take arm and bomb to destroy

Abeg no vex me with ur holier dan thou and pretentious- peace making comment here..

Do you accept that Ogboni Pastor, whose story came up some days ago is truly a Christian, just because he claims he is?

Do you accept those that worship in that 'naked worship church' are true christians?

Let's see how naive or otheriwse you are.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Legendoscar2: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2014
madridguy: The problem with we Nigerian is that we don't reason with ourselves. What I think in this type of situation is that most of Christian has has grow personal hatred for Islam. Look at the issue of Islamic banking, I was so mad with the way people were just shouting, saying the bank will be sponsoring terrorism, wheat did a bank have in coonection with terrorist? Well, thank God for the like of pastor Tunde Bakare. For example, if Michael did something wrong, you won't hear anything but if it was a way round, you will hear a Muslim man killed his wife in Lagos, no one will mention his name. Islam forever.

You read your write-up again and honestly tell us if you make sense....#SMH for you

3 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Bovis(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Mr Azuatalam, stop being mischievous. Nigerians now have a better understanding of the message "spreading the tentacles of Islam". The coded message is Conversion by Force. The problem with you Muslims is that you just don't know where to stop!!! They give you an inch, you take a mile. Muslims kill at will all in the name of religion

2 Likes

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by immortalvoices(m): 8:27am On Jul 04, 2014
pmc01:

Do you accept that Ogboni Pastor, whose story came up some days ago is truly a Christian, just because he claims he is?

Do you accept those that worship in that 'naked worship church' are true christians?

Let's see how naive or otheriwse you are.

I could give u a convincing reply...but ur ar not set-up spiritually to comprehend me... U will only end up arguing more cos I can see u ar ready

So why don't we try to removed the wheat from the chaff among our rulers instead of supporting and encouraging mediocrity under religious pretense.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by macof(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2014
I doubt if Nigeria has the ability to separate religion from every other thing - politics and governance for instance

religion, being a total waste of time to both your body and soul should be your personal delusion not forcing it on the society

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by samfuntua: 8:43am On Jul 04, 2014
He noted that General Buhari is a Muslim and has every right to practice his religion which he said doesn’t stop the Christians from practicing their own religion, “when a Christian says I’ll work hard to spread the gospel, if you are a Christian you won’t see anything wrong with that.
“When a Muslim says I’m going to do well to spread the tentacles of Sharia which is the principle of Islam you think otherwise because you don’t understand what he is saying.”

Oh yes, what the general is saying is that any Muslim who convert to Christianity must return within 72hours otherwise his/her will be chop off – this is how sharia will affect Christians.
Currently church cannot buy land in Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Sokoto and Brono states.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by WukedP(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2014
grin
grin see name abeg... No be only Azu na shark go bite dat him yeye mouth
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by samfuntua: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Speaking as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, Mr. Azuatalam further explained that the comment by Buhari, saying “Nigerians and Muslims should only vote for people that will protect their own interest”, was not part of a campaign message but was in line with what Nigerians need in terms of good governance such as increased educational standards, good roads, infrastructural developments amongst others.
“Nigerians and Muslims” are Muslims not Nigerians? So why “Nigerians and Muslims” it simply means General have Muslims at heart and view Nigeria as Muslim country and he will do everything within his power to make it so. Otherwise why is he so desperate to be the president?

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2014
Tell that to Christians and Muslims who see traditionalists as demons.
Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Mr9iceGuy(m): 9:01am On Jul 04, 2014
Com Jaspa ur profile don the rise ooh, I see u as future Reuben Abati and Doyin Okukpe of Apc controlled FG
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2014
samfuntua: He noted that General Buhari is a Muslim and has every right to practice his religion which he said doesn’t stop the Christians from practicing their own religion, “when a Christian says I’ll work hard to spread the gospel, if you are a Christian you won’t see anything wrong with that.
“When a Muslim says I’m going to do well to spread the tentacles of Sharia which is the principle of Islam you think otherwise because you don’t understand what he is saying.”

Oh yes, what the general is saying is that any Muslim who convert to Christianity must return within 72hours otherwise his/her will be chop off – this is how sharia will affect Christians.
Currently church cannot buy land in Zamfara, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Sokoto and Brono states.
For the love of God stop spreading lies in public forum.You should be ashamed of yourself,were on earth do u get the idea that xtian can't buy land in those States? People like u are part of the problem of this country. Block head and hateful. I feel sorry for u.

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by MightySparrow: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Stupid person. come to the northern Nigeria and preach such nonsense. Governance is Islam and Islam is governance. Why are People being killed by Boko Haram if not for governance?
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by madridguy(m): 9:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Well, tell me if there is nothing good ever come from Muslims? You see, am not here to defend any bad act, but learn how to see beyond what your pastors were telling you at your varous social garden " Churches ". Go back to Arowolo case who killed his wife, no one ever asked for his faith, but if he is muslim, you will be here shouting.. I belong to the fastest growing religion so far.

immortalvoices:

Oga don't incite religious e-fight here abeg, majority of the gruesome murder and gory incident were perpetuated under the name of religion and now what about boko haram who claim to be guided by ALLAH...

Why won't naïve christian have such hatred does christian take arm and bomb to destroy

Abeg no vex me with ur holier dan thou and pretentious- peace making comment here..
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2014
What is that man's name sef? Azuatalam,i guess.
Dm d follow am frm villa
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by lakunle1love(m): 9:53am On Jul 04, 2014
Ebubeslym:

will you be in support??
y not? Live and let live...
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by lakunle1love(m): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2014
samfuntua: He noted that General Buhari is a Muslim and has every right to practice his religion which he said doesn’t stop the Christians from practicing their own religion, “when a Christian says I’ll work hard to spread the gospel, if you are a Christian you won’t see anything wrong with that.

Liar, links or I don't believe it
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by mki: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2014
You must be a comedian. You made me laugh hard this mornhng.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by nagoma(m): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2014
Ebubeslym:

will you be in support??

There are Christian universities and nobody complains.
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Itoroetti(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2014
nagoma:

There are Christian universities and nobody complains.

and the christians varsities are funded by federal govt money,right?
nobody says u shouldnt establish islamic bank,but use ur personal or organisational cash and not fg funding it.we cant agree such

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by addicted268(f): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2014

Lolz.truth is that d name is what attracted me to dis thread.what a name!
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by myspnigeria: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2014
I totally agree with him
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by uzoexcel(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2014
is that an illiterate ill mannered subtle attempt at humour? and btw, do u have sisters
gbaskiboy: Good morning Nairalanders, how was ur night? I dreamt that our girls are back with heavy pregnancy. is this true?
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by emmanuelatas(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Help our nairalander WIN this competition by just liking this photo on facebook. Dead line is this week sunday https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=746792472010866&id=105689096121210&set=a.746791785344268.1073741826.105689096121210
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by lawkenoz(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2014
Itoroetti :

and the christians varsities are funded by federal govt money,right?
nobody says u shouldnt establish islamic bank,but use ur personal or organisational cash and not fg funding it.we cant agree such
My brother don't waste your words on him, they know the truth but will always play to the gallery. Go to most federal schools in the north, they build mosques right at the centre of the school compound, in fact you could see the mosque from any where you are within the school premises. They. Want an islamic bank to be funded by the FG. Ask for the same for Christian bank funded by the FG and watch dem riot all over the country. I have never in all my years in nigeria heard of any Christian president/aspirant say he would spread the Gospel as a speech or as his objective. Yet a muslim president would openly mention sharia and say some islamic jargon as his objective in leading, when confronted dey start displaying the free religion bail card! Nigeria is a secular state, made up of not one religion, religion both xtain nd islam should e removed from politics simple!
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Goldenboy007(m): 11:43am On Jul 04, 2014
We Nigerians are very confused ! We can't like Buhari because he achieved much in anti corruption than all the past leaders combined ! We would love confirmed thief like Fayose who bribes your souls with food like Judas and two faced devil like Fani Kayode whose stomach is his god ! I remember him begging the senate like a pauper when he wanted ministerial appointment, after opening his gutter mouth to call them thieves ! Buhari has more credence than what many of your leaders will ever have and 80% of you Nairalanders coming here to condemn your grand fathers age mate were either toddlers or not born when he was head of state ! You are all screaming Muslims are the problem! Some of you Christians are worse than pagans! The havoc you commit secretly is worse than any Boko Haram crime ! You bunch of hypocritical Pharisees! If God thinks like you human, most of you should be dead by now struck by lightning cos of what you say with your mouth ! And for your information I am not a Muslim but I pray to be truly Christ-like, unlike the religious bigots most of you are!

1 Like

Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Ampicillin: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nobody can deceive us again, we are wiser now, we cannot forget their past statements in a hurry. Again, we have records of performance of both religions worldwide....hmm food for thought. All they need is POWER to act their script
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Kessleek(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
immortalvoices:

Oga don't incite religious e-fight here abeg, majority of the gruesome murders and gory incidents were perpetuated under the name of religion (by those who claim to be muslims in the north) and now what about boko haram who claim to be guided by ALLAH...

Why won't "naïve christian" have such hatred towards Islam? does christian take up arms and bombs to destroy
?

Yup some misguided ones do that sometimes
Re: "Good Governance Has Nothing To Do With Religion" - Azuatalam by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2014
Twisted... see how he selectively changed the topic from what buhari said to chibok girls... angry angry angry ... mr jasper, when did he make that statement... before/during/after campaigning for his presidency... we will now take it from there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi To Get The Position He'd Always Wanted. / OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria / With The Rejection Of APC In Bayelsa- Can We Say APC Is A Northern Party?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.