Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,440 members, 7,853,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

Free Skill Acquisition E-Center - Business (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center (483891 Views)

Free Skill Acquisition Serminal: Season I / SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / FREE Skill Acquisition Training/entrepreneurship Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2015
stadora:
I ve got my tools ready, am waitin pls, let d lectures begin...

Nice to know you are ready sir.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2015
Okay, nice to know we have at least 3 persons who are ready for this.

I intentionally decided to make it a free training to allow everybody to benefit from it since I have got a lot of mails on laundry bar soap lately.

However, it feels like the pay training is always the best because you'll always have lots of people turning up for it. It's actually the best way to know the serious people.

When you pay for it you'll definitely make use of it. Lols.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Juliana7: 6:27pm On May 12, 2015
@strongbest, pls sir dont be angry with us oooo, dat we responded/reported late to class/lesson (lols) i'm still seated on front roll. Thanks
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Babacele: 7:01pm On May 12, 2015
Juliana7:
@strongbest, pls sir dont be angry with us oooo, dat we responded/reported late to class/lesson (lols) i'm still seated on front roll. Thanks
c me for your back, listening too.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Babacele: 7:11pm On May 12, 2015
hi bro, I have all d ingredients except sodium sulphate which I ll get tomoro . me I go put perfume self for my own.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Spandy(m): 7:26pm On May 12, 2015
Strongbest:
Okay, nice to know we have at least 3 persons who are ready for this.

I intentionally decided to make it a free training to allow everybody to benefit from it since I have got a lot of mails on laundry bar soap lately.

However, it feels like the pay training is always the best because you'll always have lots of people turning up for it. It's actually the best way to know the serious people.

When you pay for it you'll definitely make use of it. Lols.

Thanks.
I am a dedicated follower of this thread but the reason why it seems I am not frequent in commenting is that I am having difficulties locating where I can buy must of the chemicals listed here. I live in uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Can you recommend a reputable website or location were I can get these chemicals? I love what you are doing and I would say, more grease to your elbows!
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by ochukofortune(m): 8:33pm On May 12, 2015
Pls I de wit una fr back seat o
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:40pm On May 12, 2015
All interests noted. We shall commence at once.
Stay tuned please.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:44pm On May 12, 2015
Spandy:
I am a dedicated follower of this thread but the reason why it seems I am not frequent in commenting is that I am having difficulties locating where I can buy must of the chemicals listed here. I live in uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Can you recommend a reputable website or location were I can get these chemicals? I love what you are doing and I would say, more grease to your elbows!

Heyllo Sire, nice to know you are here with us.

There must be a place where chemicals are sold over there but I can't say where because I'm not used to that place.

However Sir, just stay tuned I believe our good people here will soon help out.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:53pm On May 12, 2015
Let's start this way:

Once again, these are things (chemicals) we are going to be working with:
< P.K.O (palm kernel oil)
< Caustic soda
< Soda ash
< Sodium sulphate

The red caps are our measuring tools while the soap dishes are our moulds.
The biggest container (the white plastic) is our mixing bowl.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:57pm On May 12, 2015
Babacele:
hi bro, I have all d ingredients except sodium sulphate which I ll get tomoro . me I go put perfume self for my own.

Lols.....that's nice Sir, but please make sure you ask for bar soap perfume. It's not all perfume that can be used for the production of bar soap; there's a special perfume for it. That's one secret a lot of producers do not know. I shall still address that as we move on.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Spandy(m): 11:03pm On May 12, 2015
Strongbest:

Heyllo Sire, nice to know you are here with us.

There must be a place where chemicals are sold over there but I can't say where because I'm not used to that place.

However Sir, just stay tuned I believe our good people here will soon help out.

Thanks.
ok, thanks
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 8:04am On May 13, 2015
Spandy:
ok, thanks

My pleasure Sir.
Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 8:05am On May 13, 2015
I will be back shortly to continue....
Let's stay tuned.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by grownaira: 3:16pm On May 13, 2015
@stongbest: Thanks boss for the wonderful tutorials. I produced my shearbutter cream today. My ingredients are as you instructed (shearbutter, pko and fragrance). I added some quantity of honey into the mixture, cos I know that honey is a very good friend to the human skin grin.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Babacele: 4:13pm On May 13, 2015
Strongbest:

Lols.....that's nice Sir, but please make sure you ask for bar soap perfume. It's not all perfume that can be used for the production of bar soap; there's a special perfume for it. That's one secret a lot of producers do not know. I shall still address that as we move on.

Thanks.
OK bros. I'm all hears.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Afoskalex(m): 5:52pm On May 13, 2015
I am in sir

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 7:08pm On May 13, 2015
grownaira:
@stongbest: Thanks boss for the wonderful tutorials. I produced my shearbutter cream today. My ingredients are as you instructed (shearbutter, pko and fragrance). I added some quantity of honey into the mixture, cos I know that honey is a very good friend to the human skin grin.

That must be nice Sir. Just hope the honey you added wasn't too much though. I usually prefer the honey in soap or on any skin care that won't stay on skin for too long.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 7:12pm On May 13, 2015
Sorry I kept us waiting till now some days are not predictable. You think it's going to be a very free day but ends up being a busy one.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 7:46pm On May 13, 2015
Using the red cover as our measuring tool:

1. Caustic soda......1 unit

2. Soda ash...........1 unit

3. P.K.O................7 units

4. Sodium Sulphate.....1/10 unit

Direction

- Dilute the caustic soda with 3 units of water

-Dilute the soda ash with 3 units of water

-Add the sodium sulphate into the dissolved caustic soda and stir

PREPARATION:

- Pour the PKO into an empty dry container

- Add the dissolved caustic soda (solution of caustic soda and sodium sulphate) and stir

- Add the dissolved soda ash and stir

- keep stirring till trace is reached.

-Now, pour out the pap like mixture into the mould and allow to stand for about 4-7 hours.

Remove from mould and allow to cure for 2-4 weeks.

Before you move on with the experiment, hold on for an explanation on some important point to note.

Be right back.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2015
This what you have after 2-3 hours

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 8:42pm On May 13, 2015
Soap still in the moulds......trying to upload more.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2015
Soaps out of the moulds:

Being trying to upload more pictures but the network sucks.

Guess I will just chill and do it when ever the network permits.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Juliana7: 9:20pm On May 13, 2015
@strongbest, thank u sir, pls sir what is d function of sodium sulphate in dis formular. In responding to grownaira question on honey, u said "u prefer honey in skincare" do u mean honey can be gotten in chemical store? Thanks
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2015

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:44pm On May 13, 2015
The measurement used above yield just a bar of soap.

Now, if you want more bars of soap, you'll use a bigger container as your measuring tool, e.g tin milk cup.

Obeying the above rules, it there for means:

1 tin milk cup of caustic soda diluted with 3 tin milk cups of water.

1 tin milk cup of soda ash diluted (dissolved) with 3 tin milk cups of water.

1/10 tin milk cup of sodium sulphate

7 tin milk cups of PKO (palm kernel oil)

Remember a unit here is represented with tin milk cup while in our first experiment above the a red cap (cover) represents a unit.

Hope we all got that.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2015
In soap production, every soap maker should be acquainted with the following terms:

-Curing

-Trace

- Gelling (though applicable more in bathing bar soaps)

I think I have explained the terms here before.

Most soap producers will tell you it's not possible to make bar soap without the use of hydrometer, trust me, the most important thing in soap making is accurate measuring which is what the hydrometer actually stands for.

However, while the instrument may fail you at any time, knowing the accurate measurement of each chemical used your self can never fail you.

You observe we have an extra 1 unit of oil in the production right. That 1 unit ensures a complete reaction (saponification) to take place thereby using up the entire caustic soda. Which means, at the end of the entire production when the soap cures, there'll be no caustic left in your bar soap.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:09pm On May 13, 2015
Now, we can advance a little. The next thing is how to add fragrance and colourant to our bar of soap in order to have a more colourful product.

If you look at what we have above the product is kind of white in nature.

Normally, a soap produced using PKO always yield a white colour bar of soap when it's ready.

Stay tuned for more.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:31pm On May 13, 2015
Juliana7:
@strongbest, thank u sir, pls sir what is d function of sodium sulphate in dis formular. In responding to grownaira question on honey, u said "u prefer honey in skincare" do u mean honey can be gotten in chemical store? Thanks

Heyllo ma'am, sodium sulphate in the formula helps to increase the hardness of our soap and to increase the forming property or ability of the soap.

If you look at sulphate, being an inorganic salt adds lots value and has lots of functions in cosmetics generally......I may not be able to explain in details how it does that here but it end value is what I just said above.

Well, I have never bought honey from a chemical store before and I don't think they sell such either but you know anything is possible.

What I meant above is, skin care product that doesn't stay on the skin. Not implying it can be gotten from the chemical store ma'am. Smile.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:48pm On May 13, 2015
I have an order from a family this weekend, I shall be sharing pictures from the production with us here, though bathing soap not laundry bar soap.

Will be using some nice mould. Guess that will help us to gain more insight on how to go about our own.

Stay tuned.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by asulikeitmmmjjj: 12:50am On May 14, 2015
Ok.....seriously following

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 6:55am On May 14, 2015
asulikeitmmmjjj:
Ok.....seriously following

Noted Sir.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (184) (Reply)

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.