Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? (38568 Views)

How Much Can I Use In Starting A PS Game Shop Also A Football Arena / Playing 'Winning Eleven' Online / Downloadable Monopoly Game for Playing on my PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by sniperwolf(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2014
I play possession football. I use 4-3-2-1 (it depends no the opposition's style of play)
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by cerzo(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2014
i play wth real madrid most time......4231pepe,(sergios,arbeloa,marcelo,,,,alonso,modric/essien, c.ronaldo,ozil/kaka,di maria..benzema) bt i hve an opponent dat normally beats me wth arsernal...he plays more of wing football wth d speed of walcot(triple o ie down crossing) nd d giroud been most of the scorer .....pls advise me on how to overcome him.......pls
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Graviton2(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Mine tends to adapt to my opponents strategy

- If my opponent uses square playing, I pull the defenders to the midfield to contain them and adopt the fire on sight attack strategy.

- If my opponent values high crosses into my box, I take the defenders back and place just one player in the midfield and two fast strikers to spear head a counter anytime my defenders head out the ball.

- If the opponent is one who uses fast wingers to penetrate, I simply adopt the "look n' learn"; you allow the winger penetrate then you use multiple defenders to contain and block progress.

- If the opponent is one who likes to use just one unusually fast and skilled player like Messi or Ronaldo, I assign two defenders to him and subtlely injure him thereby reducing his capability and speed — this alone is enough to ruin the opponent's tactics.

There are more of my tactics though, I'm just too lazy to type them all.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by 30secs(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
4-2-1-2-1 is the formation!!
4 defenders
2 strong defensive midfielders
1 attacking midfielder with good passing range
2 fast wing forwards, not stong or huge but with good dribbling ability
1 strong CF to serve as the focal point.
I dey try sha
I use dis both on PS 2 and PS 3
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Swiftboy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
dhayveed: good thinking... u seem like an experienced gamer, but you forget one thing.i wont use the same strategy all the time my broda, if i see my strategy is failing me,all i have to do is move the left analogue stick :-)
Well am a counter strategist that s why I dont allow people to be beating me everytime...you'll be shocked am I can play most strategy effectively.Play crosses,ticky taka,quick counter,long balls,using playmaker,all defence,all attack, etc these strategies have the corresponding suitable formations to carry them out.Each formations & strategies actually have their weaknesses. players have weaknesses tho some are just too exceptional. Am not invincible as a player tho but am a formidable opponent to most top gamers I've met even online. I seldom go to game centres just to test myself.lol

1 Like

Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Swiftboy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
cerzo: i play wth real madrid most time......4231pepe,(sergios,arbeloa,marcelo,,,,alonso,modric/essien, c.ronaldo,ozil/kaka,di maria..benzema) bt i hve an opponent dat normally beats me wth arsernal...he plays more of wing football wth d speed of walcot(triple o ie down crossing) nd d giroud been most of the scorer .....pls advise me on how to overcome him.......pls
Try a 5 men defence and choke his wingers with two players...make sure have 2 defensive mid-fielders so they can link up with your offensive players up front. You need pacy forwards to hit him on counter attack. Gamers that uses wingers tend to avoid mid-field play and there's always space to shoot from outside 18 because their defence line is most times high up into their half...you'll have chance to go one on one with goalkeeper as well.Goodluck beating him.lol
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
On PS 1: 1 2 from Midfield and then placing.

On PS2: I use Bayern and make use of the wings either as pass and shoot or crosses and sometimes play shot.

On PS3: All attack and plays alot of True passes.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2: Mine tends to adapt to my opponents strategy

- If my opponent uses square playing, I pull the defenders to the midfield to contain them and adopt the fire on sight attack strategy.

- If my opponent values high crosses into my box, I take the defenders back and place just one player in the midfield and two fast strikers to spear head a counter anytime my defenders head out the ball.

- If the opponent is one who uses fast wingers to penetrate, I simply adopt the "look n' learn"; you allow the winger penetrate then you use multiple defenders to contain and block progress.

- If the opponent is one who likes to use just one unusually fast and skilled player like Messi or Ronaldo, I assign two defenders to him and subtlely injure him thereby reducing his capability and speed — this alone is enough to ruin the opponent's tactics.

There are more of my tactics though, I'm just too lazy to type them all.
I'll like to play with you.
You sounded like my type opponent.
Where do you reside?
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Graviton2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManTiger:
Where do you reside?

Thanks. I'm in Owerri for now.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by illswift(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
On Fifa 14 ps3, I try to win as many corner kicks as I can..u gt 6/10 chances of scoring em.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by olamithey(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
ChrisCosmo: Personally, i use a 4-3-2-1 formation(when i'm not using the default of the team i'm playing with) but i make sure my full backs can run fast. I have this friend who doesn't miss any chance he gets with ur goalie, when playing against someone like that u have to really think, a 4-man defence system can't work but a 5-man defence will do the trick, but the defence will still be watery if u can't mark and cover at the same time
....when I'm playing with a familiar opponent,I exploit his weakness but on a normal basis I think like MOURINHO when playing...cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by elmagnifico411(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
I'm a realmadrid fan, but when it comes to soccer on playstation, omo na barca I be cos I love to play d TIKI TAKA style with messi as centre forward.I make use of the default formation and a little of d position edit. I do a lot of double man. Marking/zonal marking and my strenght lies in catching people unaware with shots from a notable angle.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by elmagnifico411(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=ManTiger]
Where do you reside?[/quote
Really wish to play u mehn...I'm so sure you'll be trying to read me with every game, of which you'd end up loosing like 4 out of 5 cos u won't be able to pull all those strategies as u go don confuse.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by brainyack(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
losprince: that easy game? I think I will pass
he isn't talking about java fone FIFA o..........that game is the real thing my pes I can win by 14 goals sef Buh FIFA even wen playing with a complete idiot I still can't pass 5.....just that FIFA has poor referee decision making
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by eledacedar(f): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManCity any day on PES13. The long ball, thru pass thing does it for me.

Aguero up front, Kolo Toure, Micah Richards, they mess ronaldo up any day.

Let's hook up @ e-centre if u don't mind and have a feel of the game.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Holuwarsehun(m): 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
4-2-1-3 is my formation and I'm at an average level
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=elmagnifico411][/quote]
You are extra smart and the reason why i wanted to play you badly is because i don't have a strategy as well, i can play any pattern using any team from any league and i adapt to opponent pattern. Choosing random team has made my game play/plan fearful.

Are you on PSN? Maybe we can make this happen.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Thanks. I'm in Owerri for now.
I reside in IB, are you on PSN, probably we can make this happen via d net.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Graviton2(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManTiger:
I reside in IB, are you on PSN, probably we can make this happen via d net.

Unfortunately, I'm not for now. I'll be soon though. What's your ID?
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ChrisCosmo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
olamithey: ....when I'm playing with a familiar opponent,I exploit his weakness but on a normal basis I think like MOURINHO when playing...cheesy
playing an all defence style on pes on the ps2 won't work, remember you can score from the midfield(that goal where your keeper runs only to hit his head on the woodwork):-D but i don't think it happens on fifa14 ps3
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

Unfortunately, I'm not for now. I'll be soon though. What's your ID?
Mantiger1 or so, but i violated PSN rule and was banned, since then i've stayed off the network but i could activate another one anytime soon.
Anytime you're in town, just let me know, i've got brothers too who are R2 freak, they are good too.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Graviton2(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManTiger:
Mantiger1 or so, but i violated PSN rule and was banned, since then i've stayed off the network but i could activate another one anytime soon.
Anytime you're in town, just let me know, i've got brothers too who are R2 freak, they are good too.

I'll add you as soon as I create an account, let me follow you.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
ChrisCosmo: playing an all defence style on pes on the ps2 won't work, remember you can score from the midfield(that goal where your keeper runs only to hit his head on the woodwork):-D but i don't think it happens on fifa14 ps3
You're very very correct PS2 easy goal expecially with players like CR7, Ibrahimovic, Gerrad, rooney
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by ManTiger(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
Graviton2:

I'll add you as soon as I create an account, let me follow you.
Ok my broda, very likely that the a/c will have been deleted or still be under ban but anytime you're ready, i'll set up another, my current pc ram is not very compatible, we would av roll on PC too.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by Graviton2(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
ManTiger:
Ok my broda, very likely that the a/c will have been deleted or still be under ban but anytime you're ready, i'll set up another, my current pc ram is not very compatible, we would av roll on PC too.

Ehen! PC is more like it — I'm leaving the country soon, so taking my PlayStation is out of the question.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by SenatorJames(m): 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Am just asking because many of you know how hard it is to coach a team.
Well for me i use Tiki taka....am capable of having 80% of the ball in a match, what of you?
When playing with a more experienced person, i use across to secure a goal, at least i will score one goal out of five nodding. If i want to play professionally, i uses one-two, through pass and dribbling to kill my opponent.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by jossey94(m): 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
I use shadow marking to frustrate my opponents. Its really risky because the opponent might be a beginner and you'll end up conceding needless goals but when you're sure your opponent is a seasoned player, then you use shadow marking. It is similar to the tactical defending mode in fifa. I also want to say that I'm a lifelong fan of pes but fifa 14 beat pes 14 hands down. I even deleted my pes to create space for the fifa.
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by losprince(m): 8:55am On Jul 24, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

I love playing against people like u who thinks a passing game wud frustrate their opponent grin

Thank God for dat adjustment button where u cud determine how hard or soft ur players wud tackle.

Meaning I go soooo dull ur game wit consistent rough tackles ehn! grin

D rate at wich d ref go dey blow whistle dey enuf to dampen ur spirit...
when I say passing game, I mean one two... u go tackle tire, your player won't reach my player still holding the ball... cool
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by losprince(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2014
dmcdad:
I think this happens in PS2 playing PES and not in PS3. I play PES 14 on my Xbox 360 and to tell you the truth, it's not funny at all. Ronaldo happens to be among the least players.

If I hear say you use am carry ball run ehn! Run go where?
na so we see am o! even sega come make sense pass the ps 2 angry make I safe money go buy that xbox
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by losprince(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2014
Livinusc: But there is nothing like 4-4-3 formation.
that's what I was trying to point out
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by losprince(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2014
brainyack: he isn't talking about java fone FIFA o..........that game is the real thing my pes I can win by 14 goals sef Buh FIFA even wen playing with a complete idiot I still can't pass 5.....just that FIFA has poor referee decision making
guy........ I wasn't talking bout java gone fifa (that game is gross) well the fifa I played on pc seemed easy
Re: What Tactic Do You Use In Playing Soccer In Playstation? by dmcdad: 9:06am On Jul 24, 2014
losprince: na so we see am o! even sega come make sense pass the ps 2 angry make I safe money go buy that xbox 360
Bro... That game make sense jhor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are You A 90's Baby? / Football Manager 2017 PC Official Thread / Is GTA V Likely To Come To Android Very Soon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.