Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses (2850 Views)

Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / Amaechi Has Vandalised Rivers State Government House - Wike / 12 Injured, Vehicles Vandalised In APC, PDP Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by Randerl: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
Make I Chill First.......

Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by MadCow1: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Royalcrusset:
The most hilarious one is LASTMA! Those guys think they are above the law. Lol @ LAWMA. No be dustbin peepuu be dat? Hahahaha

Education is not the root problem,bro. It is loss of societal and family values. Parents are corrupt,what do u expect from kids? A kid is called a fool when he passes off the opportunity to cheat his fellow kids. He is regarded as weak when he does not hit back his aggressor. The problem is from us.

[b]Education is a very important aspect that gets overlooked.

I was in Akim Barracks Calabar when some army recruit applicants were told to assemble. The group of people I saw looked like secondary school dropouts and the very lowest echelon of our society. Now they were yet to be inducted o, but the enlisted army guys had started drilling them already and making them do some really dehumanizing exercises. All I could think of was what these people would do when once they got uniforms. Have you ever wondered why it's only the non-commissioned officers that participate in military vandalism? The reason is because they were never educated like the Officers who passed through NDA.

A child in high school abroad already understands that society has rules and can tell when an officer is abusing his powers. In Nigeria, a police officer sees slapping a suspect as normal and acceptable. That's why they break the law the most.

Most children don't know that their parents are involved in corruption.

Add the societal decay in morals and ethics and what you have is what currently applies in Nigeria. In the West, an officer sees his office as a call to duty to serve and protect, in Nigeria, an officer sees his position as a Call to Power and an avenue to intimidate the civilians and extort them.

If I was in the army, my first question would have been; Did the Army guy not look before walking into a busy road or what?[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by cococandy(f): 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

Nigeria is a Mob society.. We civilians only act where 2 or 3 are gathered hoping we get lost in the crowd.

Those in Uniforms actually lose their minds once they wear them. Every Nigerian with a Uniform linked to the government feels like they are the Law, Judge, Jury and executioner. From LASTMA, Police, Man-O-War, Civil Defence, Army, Airforce, Navy, VIO, FRSC, Traffic Warden, LAWMA, e.t.c.

The root problem is Education. If these people had really good education and understood that though they wear uniforms, they are not above the law and that those whom they assault also have rights, they would think twice before acting foolish.

#Everyday we go to bed at night in Nigeria, is one day we are not dead.
Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by Krak(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow: Nigeria!!

Anybody wey wear Uniform na Government.

Boko Haram has killed more than 5000 Soldiers, yet them no vex go kill them o! But BRT koncks a Soldier down who most likely crossed road without looking Left and right, Soldiers burn the bus. grin
Fixed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by otokx(m): 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Looking at the burning buses, its clear that Boko Haram are presently in Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by adeyrule(m): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
He no go beta for dos soldiers as dem tell dis big lie,what I actually saw myself hmmm pple can lie oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by zube01(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
If I was in power eh! I will bundle this guys to sambissa and give them guns to fight and burn down boko peeps! Indisplined supporters of APC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Says “area Boys” Vandalised Lagos BRT Buses by emiye(m): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2014
Reports has it that the dead soldier was riding a motor bike on BRT lane , only to be crushed by brt bus embarassed embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shekau Is Dead: This Photos Will Convince You. / See Photos Of Biafran Leader Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today / Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.