Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

The New Anambra State Logo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Anambra State Logo (43019 Views)

As Obiano Shapes New Anambra / New Anambra State University Teaching Hospital Awka(pictures) / Obi Has Laid Foundations For A New Anambra—prof. Soludo Acknowledges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by naptu2: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2014
I saw the video report on STV News, but I was busy at the time, so I don't know if that's the actual logo and I have not yet heard the anthem.

[size=14pt]ANAMBRA TODAY: Chimamanda to speak at Obiano’s 100 days in office lecture.[/size]

By Our Reporter on June 23, 2014

Multiple-prize-winning nov­elist and en­gaging public speaker, Ms Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has been cho­sen to deliver the keynote address at the special lecture being planned to mark Gov­ernor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano’s first 100 days in office.

The event, which will take place on Wednesday, June 25 at the Women Development Centre, Awka, the state capi­tal, [size=13pt]will also feature a formal unveiling of the corporate symbols of the new Anambra, which have been in the works for some time[/size] now as well as the flag-off of some legacy projects by the governor of the state.

Ms Adichie, who divides her time between Maryland, USA and Lagos, was consid­ered the ideal speaker for the event following her firm grasp of contemporary Nigerian nar­ratives and her soaring status as a persuasive speaker of note.

Ms Adichie, who hails from Abba town in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, is widely believed to be very popular across ethnic and racial boundaries and seen as a symbol for Nigerian youths. Her involvement is believed to be in line with Governor Obi­ano’s passionate drive to redi­rect the energy of the youths of Anambra State to the pursuit of goals and ideals that would bring dignity to the state.

Viewed against the back­drop of the current massive crackdown on criminals in the state, Adichie’s invitation to speak at Obiano’s first 100 days in office lecture is seen as a symbolic reminder to the youths of the state that a return to the values of hard work and legitimate aspirations is still the surest way to a successful and contented life.

She is expected to address an audience of about 2,000 people, including members of the Anambra State Execu­tive Council, traditional rulers, members of different women associations, members of the state House of Assembly, members of the academia and the youths on the subtle issues of governance and the need to re-awaken the Anambra spirit through a determined return to the values that once marked the state out in the country.

Adichie’s address is pro­grammed to fall in sync with the [size=13pt]formal unveiling of a new logo and other items of cor­porate identity for the state to formally mark the commence­ment of Governor Obiano’s campaign for the restoration of the intangible assets that once made Ndi Anambra great.

The corporate symbols, which have long been incubat­ed by a Lagos-based integrated marketing communications consortium known as Brand Aristotle, are expected to usher in a new phase of cultural and ethical renaissance in the state that will return it to the path of moral and cultural rectitude.
[/size]

Adichie, who established herself as one of Africa’s most notable literary voices, made a phenomenal transition into the club of eclectic public speakers with her riveting performance at the 2009 Ted Talk in the UK, poignantly entitled: The Dan­ger of a Single Story.

She firmly establish herself as a speaker of note a couple of years later with another masterful delivery on femi­nism, which eventually found its way into mainstream ac­ceptance when its lines were sampled by super-talented mu­sic diva, Beyonce for her song, Flawless.

Interestingly, since she be­gan to garner global acclaim through her books and speech­es, Ms Adichie has yet to make any serious public appearance in her home state of Anambra until her recent invitation to speak at the governor’s first 100 days in office event.

It would be recalled that since he assumed office on March 17, this year, Obiano has been very outspoken about the ills that have held the state down, upbraiding the custodians of the people’s cultural mores for not asking hard-headed questions of the members of their communities whose wealth has no easy ex­planation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=68989
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:33am On Jul 05, 2014
My friend, Mr Ugochukwu aka Odinma1 will be happy for this.
Anambra adigho mma.

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2014
Noneroone: This is better!

This picture of the horses tearing away from the Nigerian coat of arms killed me
Dead
cheesy

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2014
Orlando Owoh: My friend, Mr Ugochukwu aka Odinma1 will be happy for this.
Anambra adigho mma.
why re u always on igbo thread,does d word igbo gives u ere.ction ofe man?

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by jbaur24: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2014
The owner of Brande Aristotle is Odili Ujubuonu from Ogbunike in Anambra!

http://brandearistotle.com/people.php

naptu2: I saw the video report on STV News, but I was busy at the time, so I don't know if that's the actual logo and I have not yet heard the anthem.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=68989
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by Amokwe(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2014
Silenzer: Anambra adigo mma!Anambra adigo mma![/b]Anambra adigo mma!

[b]Elements of the Logo and its meaning
1. An Eagle with lighted torch for all to see - Swift, Intelligence, Knowledge, leading the way
2. The Niger bridge and the river flowing under it - Good Relationship, Harmony
3. Palm trees and Igboukwu pot in the middle- Agriculture, History
4. Original 'hole' penny coins - Commerce. Industry
5. Beautiful collection of scent infusing Flowers- Beautification, Investment Attractions
6. The motto - Ndi Anambra .. Light of the Nation
7. The ivory symbol - Authority
8. The yellowish orange colours - Rising Sun

Just my simple interpretation, I'm not the designer, but its a good one.

3 Likes

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Nonsense logo. So far, nobody has been able to say what each item on the logo stands for and where it can be found it the state or how it connects with the culture and tradition of the state. This is unlike that of Osun State whose seven cowries represent the seven sons of Oduduwa.
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by kaima1984(f): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2014
Silenzer: Anambra adigo mma![b]Anambra adigo mma![/b]Anambra adigo mma!
iseeeeeeeeeeh

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by Amokwe(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2014
Orlando Owoh: Nonsense logo. So far, nobody has been able to say what each item on the logo stands for and where it can be found it the state or how it connects with the culture and tradition of the state. This is unlike that of Osun State whose seven cowries represent the seven sons of Oduduwa.

[b]Elements of the Logo and its meaning
1. An Eagle with lighted torch for all to see - Swift, Intelligence, Knowledge, leading the way
2. The Niger bridge and the river flowing under it - Good Relationship, Harmony
3. Palm trees and Igboukwu pot in the middle- Agriculture, History
4. Original 'hole' penny coins - Commerce. Industry
5. Beautiful collection of scent infusing Flowers- Beautification, Investment Attractions
6. The motto - Ndi Anambra .. Light of the Nation
7. The ivory symbol - Authority
8. The yellowish orange colours - Rising Sun

Just my simple interpretation, I'm not the designer, but its a good one.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by kaima1984(f): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2014
FreeGlobe: what is this nonsense?
Is nt a nonsense sweetie bt a logo of my dear state #ANAMBRA#

2 Likes

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by ikweremilitant: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2014
gbosaa:

Nwokem go and sit down. angry angry

That coin was used in Nigeria long ago...what is wrong
dnt mind d never do wells.dy wil always develope migrian headache over wat ever comes out of d s.east.

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by ikweremilitant: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2014
chiedu7:
[size=18pt]GUYS THE STAR IN THE SHIELD IS A SATANIC SYMBOL OF 666[/size]

This star in the center has 6 points that are on 6 Triangles resting on 6 sides of the Hexagon giving you 666

It's from this Hexagon that witchcraft got it's phrase "I will HEX you", which is another of saying "I will Jazz you".

BELOW IS A MAN BEING INITIATED INTO FREEMASONRY NOTICE THE HEXAGRAM ABOVE THE DOORS

This youtube clip shows you that it's Masonic in nature and should not be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwXZVjun3g

This youtube clip documents all the religions that use it, showing you that it's pagan in origin.
If every religion uses it, it can be of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhMw82DVNMU

The bible warned against using the star of an idol god.

Amos 5:26-27
But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images,
the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus,
saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.

Judge for yourself below in link if the star is Davids as many try to pass it off,
or does the star belong to lucifer?

http://www.moresureword.com/starof.htm
so u knw more than d jews state dat used it on dia flag
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by kaima1984(f): 10:58am On Jul 05, 2014
gbosaa:

I think the seal is in order...bridge,river Omaha or niger/agulu lake,igboukwu pot,palm trees,odu enyi held by tiltled men..

Why is everyone associating that coin with isreal??..I saw those coins in our house when i was about 8 years,i saw it attached to the strands of dreadlocks of 'dada kids.That coin simply represents the commerce and the hustling inventiveness of Ndi Anambra.
It has nothing to do with isreal or illuminati.

I think that coin was called..EGO AYOLO.

The rising sun is unsurprisingly missing...lots of people will start shouting Biafra.

BTW....There should have been a competition for everyone to submit their entries.
Let dem say wat ever pleases dem my dear bc d logo has come to stay,I love my dear state
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by Malawian(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2014
shaggy007: Lovely.

It also includes the Star of David....which is found on the Israeli flag.

I guess these guys are serious about the Israeli connection.

Anyway, IGBO KWENU!

O nwero ife n'eme. E nwegodi, ya nwe.

it is even imo people that should be having that star of david symbol in their logo. have you ever read about the aros and the coin the requested the british slave traders to make for them which had the star of david?

ofcourse i have also read about the coin with the star of david excavated in aguleri sometime ago.

but what is all that flower doing there? and shouldnt the sun be in half?
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by Silenzer(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2014
I have been trying to Modify the POST, but I think the ADMIN of Nairaland have removed the feature. Am also searching for the professional interpretation of the Shield.
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by kaima1984(f): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2014
redcliff: The graphic designer who did this should be flogged mercilessly until his butt develop mouth and starts to apologize. In pratice it is just so wrong to include a bitmap image and vector as logo in the same structure
You think u can do it more dan him?where were u wen d contract advertisement ws placed on newspapers?oji onu egbu oji

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by kaima1984(f): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2014
redcliff: The graphic designer who did this should be flogged mercilessly until his butt develop mouth and starts to apologize. In pratice it is just so wrong to include a bitmap image and vector as logo in the same structure
You think u can do it more dan him?where were u wen d contract advertisement ws placed on newspapers?

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by bestview: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by redcliff: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2014
kaima1984: You think u can do it more dan him?where were u wen d contract advertisement ws placed on newspapers?

Please be kind enough to show me where you saw the advert placement on the dailies. Coming from a Nigerian woman, i must say im not in the least dissapointed at how uncouth you can be..i'm in this field and there are do's and dont's. I just aired them out..you dont have a single idea..please kindly pass by.

Thankyou.

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by nnamdizen(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2014
Chineeeeke!!! I see illuminati in play here... Biko what are those triangles suppose to represent
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by myspnigeria: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2014
Nice one ..... Hope the next administration won't reverse it
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by kaima1984(f): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2014
redcliff:

Please be kind enough to show me where you saw the advert placement on the dailies. Coming from a Nigerian woman, i must say im not in the least dissapointed at how uncouth you can be..i'm in this field and there are do's and dont's. I just aired them out..you dont have a single idea..please kindly pass by.

Thankyou.
Is so obvious u are nt in dis field bc if u do,u dnt need to b told wen d advert ws placed,I ws passing by wen I stumbled on ur write up#cheers#
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by macof(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2014
I pity you Igbo on your current path to.Biafra...all this slaving to Israel won't benefit you one bit
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by shadrach77: 11:38am On Jul 05, 2014
obayaya:

Honestly I prefer this old one.

me too!
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by naptu2: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2014
I like the logo. I like the symbolism and the way the items are arranged, except the torch. My only issue is with the torch, which could have been better positioned. It compares well with the other state logos and coats of arms.
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2014
ANAMBRA11: why re u always on igbo thread,does d word igbo gives u ere.ction ofe man?
Nonsense. Igbo thread ko, eriri Ndigbo ni.
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by extension: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2014
It is fully loaded,but that star will be replaced with the rising sun.
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by obayaya(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

I know everybody think the logo designers could do better but our wise men has adopted this very logo and we will stand by them.

Anambra is on a very aggressive rise and we wanna support our leaders.....

Anambra must lead!

I have no problem with the new one but I just prefer the simplicity of the first one
shadrach77:
me too!
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2014
macof: I pity you Igbo on your current path to.Biafra...all this slaving to Israel won't benefit you one bit
Igbo people are slaves to Israeli who never care if they exist.

1 Like

Re: The New Anambra State Logo by odirar: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincerely speakin,i dnt fancy dat triangle of.a thing. Do u knw dat only triangular sign has spoilt the beauty of the logo. its beta not to include dat sign dan to hav it in any concernin ndigbo,Anambra presicely. D designer suppose must hav included D Risin Sun dat was knwn for easterners dan dat satanic sign. Anambra need good things. get it into ur skul
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by mrjangaweed: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
acenazt: some people just refuse to get sense, so you still believe in all this Illuminati nonsense. Oh Lord Light up the way for this Ignorant brother that he may see his folly.
I just asked a question don't let me start with you fool
Re: The New Anambra State Logo by mezebel(f): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
gbosaa:

Below is the ego ayolo...pre independence one penny..federal republic of nigeria..@mezebel abi na jezebel and all of you shouting illuminati,devil and star of david,your parents and grand parents probably used those coins when naija was still naija.

mezebel and not jezebel abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano, Bianca Ojukwu In Physical Fight At Soludo's Inauguration / Dignitaries Attend Fayose's Send Off Banquet At Sheraton Hotel In Abuja.Photos / Senator Ayo Akinyelure Retrieves Vehicles From Ondo PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.