Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Is Abstinence From Pre-marital Sex Really Possible? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Abstinence From Pre-marital Sex Really Possible? (505 Views)

Pre-marital Sex: 4 Hard Facts Guys Won't Tell You / 10 Reasons Why You Need To Abstain From Pre-marital Sex / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Abstinence From Pre-marital Sex Really Possible? by korel9: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2014
By Temilolu Okeowo

Since I started writing on the above topic, I have been inundated with very encouraging text messages. I even got a most surprising text from a lady in her early forties who has never kissed a guy, least of all had sex because of a vow she made to God. Amazing!

Anonymous

Temilolu, your assertion that good parents are expected to give good attention to the welfare of their children in sex-related issues is correct. Chastity, that great virtue, is a rare subject of discussion these days. But the truth remains, only a lie requires improvised legs to stand. Truth is its own defence. And truth is timeless. Many innocent ones have been deceived and ridiculed into submitting to wrong demands. No one likes to be ridiculed. The great damage that pre-marital sex does to one’s destiny can’t be over-emphasised. I am based in Ikirun and I am introducing your column to the youth. This is your calling.

J.O. Olaifa, 65

Quite frankly, the effect pre-marital sex has on girls at times is so painful and humiliating and this is obviously very unfair. There are so many girls who dabbled into sex just for experimenting, some for being adventurous and some because they never knew anything about it. Some listen to their peers talk about it in class and they are so bothered, they want to know what it is all about and how it feels. Some experience it by being raped or cajoled into it. Because of our parents’ failure to exercise their responsibility, so many girls have destroyed their wombs, so many of them have been labelled “dogs.” Fine, we agree that our parents play a role in this but I think we also need to address ourselves “girls.” We would get to that point in the next edition.

Dear girls,

As designed by God, your virginity is the bedrock of your destiny. It is your spiritual beauty. It carries the star, potential and talent which God created with you to make you unique. It is the star in your sky. Please don’t pollute your destiny. The world is waiting for your star to shine! Your curiosity about sex and the way your body feels is normal. However, there’s so much you need to know which may eventually condition your mind and calm your desires. For now, DON’T dabble into it please.

To be continued.

Our Chibok sisters, we are shocked you are still in captivity but we believe in the power of God to set you free from your captors.

FINAL WORD

Chastity does not belong to the past. It saves you a lot of trouble, preserves your beautiful destiny and stands you out from the crowd. You are better off not engaging in pre-marital sex. Stay chaste!

SOURCE

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/girls-club/is-abstinence-from-pre-marital-sex-really-possible-iv/

(1) (Reply)

Is Love Blind? / Observation For The Ladies In The House!!! / Why Can't Women Take Infidelity As A Normal Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.