Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 - Sports (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 (79732 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 10, 2014
rozayx5:

[size=20pt]Ronaldo hasnt scored since He got his last haircut grin grin grin

Messi scored his 5th goal today

a 29 year old ronaldo breaking a record set by a 24 year old messi back then grin grin and your celebrating, champions league medal is door bell in Messi's house grin grin grin [/size]
Knockout Punch grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by nonjebose(m): 12:55am On Jul 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Do your research. The World Cup has always been amazing. For instance, the Brazilian team of the Eighties were amazing and never won the World Cup. The Ditch team of the Seventies were amazing and never won the World Cup. Same with the Hungarian team of the Fifties.

Pele was amazing. Messi can not be the greatest without dominating the greatest footballing event which is the World Cup like Pele.

You want him to win only one and be crowned the greatest.
Many guys are new generation or young football followers

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by footymood: 12:55am On Jul 10, 2014
Argentina reached the final of the 2014 World Cup with a 4-2 penalty shootout win over Netherlands after a goalless 120 minutes in Sao Paulo.

Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved two spot kicks in the semifinal before Maxi Rodriguez netted the decisive penalty to clinch victory and set up a showdown with Germany on Sunday.

The first half had few goalscoring opportunities, with Lionel Messi going the closest to breaking the deadlock when his free kick found its way beyond the wall but into the hands of Netherlands goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen.

Chances continued to be few and far between in the second half, until Gonzalo Higuain got on the end of Enzo Perez's cross in the 75th minute only to poke the effort into the side-netting.

In the final seconds of normal time, a deft touch from Wesley Sneijder put Arjen Robben through on goal but the winger was denied by a superb last-ditch tackle by Javier Mascherano to force extra time.

Argentina substitutes Rodrigo Palacio and Maxi both spurned openings in the final moments, meaning the match went to penalties.

Romero saved penalties from Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder before Maxi kept his cool to secure Netherlands' place in Sunday's final at the Maracana.

Watch here......http://footymood.com/2014/07/09/netherlands-0-0-argentina-pen-2-4/

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by sublimes: 12:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Once Messi lifts this world cup, let us leave sentiments apart and celebrate this genius of a footballer! Simply the greatest of them all!

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 12:56am On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
Mourinho won the Spanish Super Cup at the beginning of the 2012/13 season.
LOL...DAVID MOYES WON COMMUNITY SHIELD TOO. UNLESS YOU WANA COMPARE THE TWO COACHES cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Messi=1 World Cup final, 1 Copa America final

Ronaldo=1 Euro final, 0 WC final
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by JUHABACH: 12:57am On Jul 10, 2014
all4naija:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1538241_xzibit-lol-why-you-mad-thou_jpegd3b5b067e4898af302f10887ee1bb9c5[/img]
You should ask yourself that question! Bwahaha... I didn't even watch the match.

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Switpal(m): 12:57am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
He should, he faced Bosnia, Iran and Out weak national team while Ronaldo had to play injured with injured teammates and foolish and undisciplined teammates.

Germany will make Messi cry on Sunday, mark my words
My frd go n sleep and let Messi be. Its his destiny and time. He is far better than CR7 in futball 4 now. We dn't knw of 2morow.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: LOL...DAVID MOYES WON COMMUNITY SHIELD TOO. UNLESS YOU WANA COMPARE THE TWO COACHES cheesy
Mou and Moyes aren't in the same league grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Forwetinnah: 12:58am On Jul 10, 2014
rozayx5:

[size=20pt]Ronaldo hasnt scored since He got his last haircut grin grin grin

Messi scored his 5th goal today

a 29 year old ronaldo breaking a record set by a 24 year old messi back then grin grin and your celebrating, champions league medal is door bell in Messi's house grin grin grin [/size]

Preach brother..remind them incase they've forgotten. You're wicked I swear grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:59am On Jul 10, 2014
shymexx:

Who knows?

Brazilians love football and since they couldn't make the final, I believe they will join forces with other South Americans to defend the continent, and Latin America.

I don't think they want Europeans to win the world cup in their backyard...it's going to be a war! The pride of South America vs. Europe. grin

lol you're funny. Brazilians arent gonna cheer on Argentinians. although to be honest Argentinians are pretty much Germans themselves. plenty of nazis ran to hide in Argentina after WWII. Their offspring are what you see today. Do they look like south americans to you? in a sea of people from all south american countries, you can always tell the Argentinians

no matter who wins, said person will have german blood either way tongue

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 1:01am On Jul 10, 2014
makkitush: mind u mourinho def vanpig in ucl final.which led to his sacking.NOTE:mourinho has never been sacked.
RUBBISH....MOURINHO HAS BEEN TROPHYLESS FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW. tongue
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:01am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE GERMANS ? cheesy kiss cheesy
yeah,from day 1
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by nonjebose(m): 1:01am On Jul 10, 2014
claireshan: doubting Thomas
Are you doubting that the full steam MACHINES will roll over the albiceleste? No doubt here
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by tonididdy(m): 1:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Netherland get luck say di maria was out with injury...messi for price their hollandis reach 3neo
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by cheguevera: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2014
ALL HAIL JESUS MESSI

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: RUBBISH....MOURINHO HAS BEEN TROPHYLESS FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW. tongue
sorry,i can sense frustration.:-D:-DB-):-D
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Switpal(m): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP FINALS!

GERMANY - 5

ARGENTINA - 1

MESSI COME BACK ANOTHER YEAR angry angry angry
And that was how Germany beat Ghana n Holland beat Spain?
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by cbrass(m): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
James Rodriguez and Thomas Muller have been better, fella, don't get me started with this Messi bandwagon jargons this evening because it has been very obvious... undecided

Even Miroslav Klose has played better at almost 37 years of age so just go and bow down to your Messi poster in your room or carry this your overhyping and overrating analysis somewhere else .

Yes ma
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by JUHABACH: 1:03am On Jul 10, 2014
all4naija: Jerk! lipsrsealed angry angry

grin
all4naija: Jerk! lipsrsealed angry angry

i can do this all night.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
Mou and amours aren't in the same league grin
FOR NOW THEY ARE IN THE SAME LEAGUE UNTILL MOURINHO WINS A TROPHY AGAIN cheesy

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by nonjebose(m): 1:04am On Jul 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Valdez has one World Cup medals and I think Three Champions league medal.

The World Cup is number one.

Many argue that the World Cup of the past were fiercer and tougher. The tackles were harsh. Imagine The Teeth-removing collision between the German Goal Keeper Schumacher and French Battison. If Messi was in that era, his leg would have been broken plate.
Days when Gentile of italy and Kohler of Germany were experts in ending others careers

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: FOR NOW THEY ARE IN THE SAME LEAGUE UNTILL MOURINHO WINS A TROPHY AGAIN cheesy
lol
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by mamagee3(f): 1:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Switpal: My frd go n sleep and let Messi be. Its his destiny and time. He is far better than CR7 in futball 4 now. We dn't knw of 2morow.
Nope, Ronaldo won the ballon d'or in January so he is truly the world best. He was voted by football experts. Messi was voted second best wink

Try again in 5 yrs when they vote for Messi when he deserves for it for now it's king ronaldo.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by ebullientV(m): 1:05am On Jul 10, 2014
claireshan: you see urself

Bad belle
The Germans are a ruthless and efficient unit. They'll just disorganise ur Lionel/Argies..

By d way how are U? This is d ist time I'm seeing u after d NL 'tsunami' disaster...
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by MrMac10(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2014
All these Ronaldo and MESSI HOES should shut the Bleep up...... GERMANY FOR WORLD CHAMPIONS
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by rozayx5(m): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Switpal: My frd go n sleep and let Messi be. Its his destiny and time. He is far better than CR7 in futball 4 now. We dn't knw of 2morow.

[size=20pt]many Messi haters will not sleep tonight, and i a Messi fan/ barca fan will entertain them with anti excuse champagne grin grin [/size]

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by tonididdy(m): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2014
sublimes: Once Messi lifts this world cup, let us leave sentiments apart and celebrate this genius of a footballer! Simply the greatest of them all!
gbam THREAD CLOSEd[size=88pt]musa...oyaa lock gate give me key

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 1:09am On Jul 10, 2014
makkitush: sorry,i can sense frustration.:-D:-DB-):-D
LOL...I CAN'T BE cheesy tongue cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 10, 2014
drnairalov: Please how do i get Cortana?
buy a Windows phone. with windows phone 8.1
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by rozayx5(m): 1:09am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
Nope, Ronaldo won the ballon d'or in January so he is truly the world best. He was voted by football experts. Messi was voted second best wink

Try again in 5 yrs when they vote for Messi when he deserves for it for now it's king ronaldo.

you should have blatter to thank for his begging do or grin grin

hmm no Ronaldo article on goal.com for weeks now shocked shocked shocked

as for world best am sorry messi will win till he is 30 and handover to Neymar cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply)

Meet Jose Mourinho's Daughter, Matilde & Son, Jose Jr (Pictures) / Mikel Obi And His Family In Nigeria, Wife Experiences Culture Shock, Dances / Cristiano Ronaldo Launches His New Hotel Line At Times Square, New York (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.