Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,466 members, 7,958,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 - Sports (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 (80906 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by rozayx5(m): 6:03am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
That was what you guys said last year, you all said Messi will keep winning it till he retires but he didn't win it and is not likely to win it this year. grin

Ronaldo's Champions League win basically sealed it now Messi has to singlehandedly win the World Cup for Argentina against an excellent Germany and have an excellent second half of the year to take it from Ronaldo. If messi doesn't win the World Cup, he still remains trophy less and mind you ronaldo was the main reason Real Madrid won the Champions League with his 17 goals

Also voters tend to vote for the best player in the Champions League winning team not some player that had 3 good matches in the World Cup. And Ronaldo puts out scored Messi by a large margin this year. It wasn't by 2 or 3 goals this year but by 9 or 10 goals.For now ronaldo is the sole leader.

Plus history always remember the winners ofthe world cup not the best player or players of the tournament.

And by the way, they have been two Ronaldo articles this week about people stating Ronaldo still remains the world best after being injured in the world cup.

pauls letter to the portugese corinthians grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by safarigirl(f): 6:08am On Jul 10, 2014
fredoooooo: sorry my safarigirl , your orange boys disappoint when matters as usual sad

OluwaMESSI !!!
bette they come 3rd than to meet Germany and take 2nd again. OluwaMessi gonna crash and burn when he meets ChukwuMuller grin

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Debroslink: 6:38am On Jul 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Cassilas has Three Champions league medals.

Seedorf has Four champions league medals.

Abeg Champions league can never be the highest medal.
Bro, forget story. CL is d greatest prize in club level. WC is d greatest in National teams. If Messi wins this WC come Sunday, he'll be greater than Pele who never eon CL.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Swash042(m): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2014
since Netherlands don fall my hands o, na unto #TeamGermany tinz, I hope say dat cortana dey mi syd on dis one cool
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by AbuMikey(m): 7:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Messi would be world's greatest in few days cool

4 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2014
seyema: Argentina fans remember 2010? Germany will do the same on Sunday. You'd be foolish to believe otherwise. You've scraped your way to the final and were barely convincing in any game. A team that depends on 1 key player is not a team that deserves the world cup and Brazil just proved that yesterday. Adios amigos, till sunday smiley
That same one person has helped them to the final...Unfortunately for Germany too,the same one person will still play on Sunday....Adios
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Allohrandy: I think most fans in Brazil would naturally support Argentina. It just like Nigerians supporting our arch rival Ghana during the world cup. Also most Brazilians will not support a team that beat them 7-1

I doubt that. Brazil would rather support Germany and forget the humiliation than support Argentina. They would prefer another south American team to win the trophy in their home soil than Argentina. They are arch rivals. They produced the two world greateat players Pelé and Maradona. Argentina might even surpass them if they win cos Messi might be crowned the best of all time. Basically they would have wanted Holland to go thru and support them till the end but since it happened the way round, Germany would be their fav time to lift the trophy.

Two players(Neymar and Alves) could support Argentina then cos of Messi.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by joeace2020(m): 7:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Prowizy2: So is that an achievement for Ghana and Nigeria? undecided

What more achievement can your corrupt laden continent boast in soccer?
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
Why are we even arguing over this?

Didn't ronaldo carry Portugal singlehandedly to the World Cup?... Messi hasn't scored since his free kick against Nigeria in the group stages,lmao.

Messi hasn't even been the best player this tournament, Germany will win the World Cup and Muller will win both the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot.

Ronaldo will then win another world best after winning the Champions League, Golden shoe with a record 17 goals, Copa del Rey am Pichichi.

Ask Wesley Sneijder and Andres Iniesta what happened in 2010. grin

Are you this clueless?
Once Messi wins the World cup,He becomes the Greatest..
Make peace with that...He has already set enough records that is left for the next Generation to try and break....
Even Di maria(Ronaldo's teammate) says he will tell his grandchildren that he played with Messi....That tells u a lot!!

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by patrickmuf(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2014
dhammyg:
PENALTY IS NOT BASED ON WHICH TEAM PLAYS BETTER,RATHER IT IS BASED ON LUCK.

TO ME THE ORANJES WERE THE BETTER TEAM.BUT LUCK WASN'T ON THEIR SIDE embarassed
Match was 50-50 no way was one team better than the other...
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by DikSin(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2014
God purnish anybody wey dey hate on Messi angry
God purnish dem shocked

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Ceasar1:

Longest, Boring, Saddest Night ever!
cry . WE Lost woooo.. cry

#Runs out mad screaming!!

I know...So Sad...I wanted my Love Muffin's team to win this world cup..My lovely Persie.

Well.....Thing is I although do feel that there is a 90% chance that Germany might win this world cup, but I also would be happy for Messi if he does win the world cup also...He's grown on me; I still hate Barca though.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by DikSin(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2014
OluwaMessi, as u progress to the final May the gods of our land go with you to fill-in that 4orkin gap in ur successful career, in Jesus name... Can I get some Amen by liking this prayer? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Chanchit: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2014
philfearon:
That same one person has helped them to the final...Unfortunately for Germany too,the same one person will still play on Sunday....Adios

I think this guys are feeling the heat inside their cave already, so they have to start crawling out. Those saying Germany will thrash Argentina have forgotten that the last time that happened, Messi was an unused sub. I dnt knw how, but Argentina is winning that W/C.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by soldierdollar(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2014
safarigirl: make you dey look picture dey go. I no talk say I fine, which teeth I open?

Commot picture if u no want make I de look am.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Switpal(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
You should be the one going to sleep after seeing Netherlands almost sending you all packing.grin

You're the one that almost got sent to the Intensive Care Unit until after that lucky penalty shoot out so go and rest and get your Kleenex even closer on Sunday because Germany will have no mercy on you guys after you all would have had 4 days to run your mouth like Brazil did and got their butt handed to them. grin
Sister how was nite? U saw Messi right? Mine was pleasant..... Up Messi!

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by 50calibre(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
Lai lai.
The Maracana is a sacred cathedral of Brazilian football. Watching their bitter rivals, Argentina, lift the trophy in that stadium could cause mass depression all over Brazil.

True talk!!
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Chanchit:

I think this guys are feeling the heat inside their cave already, so they have to start crawling out. Those saying Germany will thrash Argentina have forgotten that the last time that happened, Messi was an unused sub. I dnt knw how, but Argentina is winning that W/C.
Am telling you bro...Like play like play,Argentina are in the final...like play like play,they will win it...
And so far so good,they are still have the best defence in this tournament so far,conceding only 3goals(And that was even in the Group stage!!)..

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2014
D Argies made mah nite......nd dah Cortana of an app!! Cool 5k aint beans! Go Messi
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Chanchit: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
philfearon:
Am telling you bro...Like play like play,Argentina are in the final...like play like play,they will win it...
And so far so good,they are still have the best defence in this tournament so far,conceding only 3goals(And that was even in the Group stage!!)..

I tell you, this world cup has been a disaster for madrid fans, first spain were bondled out, Crynaldo followed, almost did not score a goal if not for those silly Ghanaians and now Messi is in the world cup final. Its only an slowpoke that would think Messi would not win the WBfootballer if Argentina wins d world cup.

The 17 champions league goals Crynaldo scored were irrelivant, cos Ramos and Bale scored the important goals, Crynaldo scored only the 4th goal(penalty) in the final, when the CL has been confirmed. Same for the other cup where he did not even play @all.

4 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Originalsly: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2014
ollah1:

I doubt that. Brazil would rather support Germany and forget the humiliation than support Argentina. They would prefer another south American team to win the trophy in their home soil than Argentina. They are arch rivals. They produced the two world greateat players Pelé and Maradona. Argentina might even surpass them if they win cos Messi might be crowned the best of all time. Basically they would have wanted Holland to go thru and support them till the end but since it happened the way round, Germany would be their fav time to lift the trophy.

Two players(Neymar and Alves) could support Argentina then cos of Messi.
Bro....I beg to disagree! I do follow your reasoning...but that is .... you like the rest of the world...seeing football as a sport. To South Americans football is not a sport...itis a religion. ..the World Cup is not a trophy...but more like the tablet on which Moses wrote the 10 commandments....they will support any South American team that cn bring the World Cup to South America period! Sunday is going to be a total home game for Argentina. On Messi being the greatest...even if he scores 10 goals... Pele would still be the greatest footballer....just like Muhammed Ali is the greatest boxer....the greatest is not all about statistics.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by homesteady(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2014
BTW who even needs the Brazilians support? After all the last time they supported their country, they received the bashing of their lives gringrin

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Prowizy2(m): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2014
joeace2020:

What more achievement can a your corrupt laden continent boast in soccer?
Fixed!! cool
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Originalsly: Bro....I beg to disagree! I do follow your reasoning...but that is .... you like the rest of the world...seeing football as a sport. To South Americans football is not a sport...itis a religion. ..the World Cup is not a trophy...but more like the tablet on which Moses wrote the 10 commandments....they will support any South American team that cn bring the World Cup to South America period! Sunday is going to be a total home game for Argentina. On Messi being the greatest...even if he scores 10 goals... Pele would still be the greatest footballer....just like Muhammed Ali is the greatest boxer....the greatest is not all about statistics.

If champions league final is to be played in Emirates stadium, London and the teams are Milan vs Chelsea. Do you expect Arsenal to support Chelsea cos they are both in London?

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by dotcomnamename: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2014
[size=30pt]Arjen Robben comforting his son after Netherlands was beaten on penalty kicks by Argentina.The Dutch footballer tried to console his son but the little fellow couldn't control his tears.[/size]

[size=15pt]"Calm down my son, I tried to dive but they did not allow me to do that, remember this team has King Messi What do you expect me to do?... Sometimes you have to understand son dont just expect good results im not a machine" grin[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2014
50calibre: The Germans must be celebrating already, Argentina doesn't deserve to be in the final, its a travesty.

Now the big question is ; will Brazil support Argentina in the final?
: what makes u fink u culd come up with such a hasty conclusion. The germans were 2 gud 4 brasil,that I know but football is not a game of number. Let me take u back 2 d premiership last year were chelsea defeated arsenal 6-0 but later went ahead 2 loose 2 astonvilla.dats d beuty of football.its unpredictable.I see dat game being a 50-50 chance as no team is being regarded as an underdog @ dis stage of d world cup.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Oahray: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2014
philfearon:
two of them from our Musa cool

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by rozayx5(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
You should be the one going to sleep after seeing Netherlands almost sending you all packing.grin

You're the one that almost got sent to the Intensive Care Unit until after that lucky penalty shoot out so go and rest and get your Kleenex even closer on Sunday because Germany will have no mercy on you guys after you all would have had 4 days to run your mouth like Brazil did and got their butt handed to them. grin

[size=20pt] by the above statement i can confirm any body who argues with you is arguing with a basketball analyst and not a soccer fan
Lucky penalty shoot out? the same one Holland used to escape little costa rica of all nations?
the same penalty robben dived to send mexico packing
like i said you still cant swallow it that Messi is in the world cup final, it will take you a long time to swallow but just manage, or go and put relaxer in Cr7 hair and forget about it

Now Robben is saying Argentina did not deserve to win, what a sore looser
1 shot on target for their whole team in 120 mins [/size]
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Akinsnaira: 11:23am On Jul 10, 2014
rozayx5:

[size=25pt]another useless excuse from the salon attendant

nani plays in portugal abi? , every one knows ( unless your blind how messi struggled to bring his lacklustre team to the semis

ronaldo - my team mates are average ( this is thrash )

messi - Argentina does not depend on me ( this is class ) [/size]

Mehn, you got my rib cracking, Messi haters will never run out of excuse to say this and that, they can even say crynaldo underperformed because he had a quarel with his girlfriendd grin grin grin

What makes Messi special is his ability to still deliver despite the high expectation and strict vigil on him, Argentina would have even won the in-formed netherland before the shootout with the couple of clear chances they mustered
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by rozayx5(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
philfearon:
Are you this clueless?
Once Messi wins the World cup,He becomes the Greatest..
Make peace with that...He has already set enough records that is left for the next Generation to try and break....
Even Di maria(Ronaldo's teammate) says he will tell his grandchildren that he played with Messi....That tells u a lot!!

[size=20pt]neymar is our messi
robben is our messi
james is our messi

is messi the SI unit of football, i leave that for his haters to ponder[/size]
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Chanchit:

I tell you, this world cup has been a disaster for madrid fans, first spain were bondled out, Crynaldo followed, almost did not score a goal if not for those silly Ghanaians and now Messi is in the world cup final. Its only an slowpoke that would think Messi would not win the WBfootballer if Argentina wins d world cup.

The 17 champions league goals Crynaldo scored were irrelivant, cos Ramos and Bale scored the important goals, Crynaldo scored only the 4th goal(penalty) in the final, when the CL has been confirmed. Same for the other cup where he did not even play @all.
Tell them lol...clueless biased crynaldo's cry babies....Funny how people just hate good things..
Messi is a case study..Why would anyone hate on Messi? oh I forgot that his only crime is "Being Too Good!"..

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by philfearon(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
rozayx5:

[size=20pt]neymar is our messi
robben is our messi
james is our messi

is messi the SI unit of football, i leave that for his haters to ponder[/size]
lol...Its Because Messi is the epitome of Greatness,Magic,awesome and amazing,etc,as far as football is concerned!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 / Andy Ruiz Jr Body Transformation, Warns Anthony Joshua (PHOTO / Asisat Oshoala Buys A House For Her Parents (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.