Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah (778 Views)

Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria / T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People / Nigeria’s Oldest Pastor, Samuel Sadela, Dies At 114yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by Neduzze5(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2014
2 Samuel 6: 1-8
King James Version (KJV)

1. Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
2. And David arose and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
3. And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.
4. And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.
5. And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
6. And when they came to Nachon's threshing floor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
7. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
8. And David was displeased,
because the LORD had made a
breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day.

2 Samuel 6 1-8
New Living Translation (NLT)

1. Then David again gathered all
the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all.
2. He led them to Baalah of
Judah to bring back the Ark of
God, which bears the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, who is enthroned between the cherubim.
3. They placed the Ark of God on a new cart and brought it from Abinadab’s house, which was on a hill. Uzzah and Ahio, Abinadab’s sons, were guiding the cart
4. that carried the Ark of God. Ahio walked in front of the Ark. 5. David and all the people of Israel were celebrating before the LORD, singing songs and playing all kinds of musical instruments—lyres, harps, tambourines, castanets, and
cymbals.
6. But when they arrived at the
threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God.
7. Then the LORD’s anger was
aroused against Uzzah, and God
struck him dead because of this.
So Uzzah died right there beside the Ark of God.
8. David was angry because the
LORD’s anger had burst out
against Uzzah. He named that place Perez-uzzah (which means “to burst out against Uzzah”), as it is still called today.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE;

1. Why did God strike Uzzah dead?

2. Some bible versions state irreverence as the reason. Now if that is the case, does it mean that holding up the covenant box of God from falling is irreverence?

Thanks as you answer these questions
Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Christians, come and answer o.
Daviddylan
Frosbel

all of una
Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by highmey(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2014

@Op... Nice one. when I read that story, I was amazed... One funny tin is, Christian Apologist would always find a way out if it! They would say "we (skeptics or people with doubts) are not spiritual"!

Let's see if any can give us an insight from that ish!

1 Like

Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by Neduzze5(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Christians, come and answer o.
Daviddylan
Frosbel

all of una

Actually, I am a Christian not an Atheist so this is not a thread for atheism and accompanying arguments. I just want to get reasonable answers as I toe my line of thought.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by Neduzze5(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
highmey:
@Op... Nice one. when I read that story, I was amazed... One funny tin is, Christian Apologist would always find a way out if it! They would say "we (skeptics or people with doubts) are not spiritual"!

Let's see if any can give us an insight from that ish!

Seriously, the story scares me. Okay for example, a church goes up in flames. Does it mean we shouldn't help to put out the flames?

1 Like

Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Neduzze5:

Actually, I am a Christian not an Atheist so this is not a thread for atheism and accompanying arguments. I just want to get reasonable answers as I toe my line of thought.
I never said you were atheist, did I?

I even called Christians.
I want to see their response.

I'm sure they'll avoid this thread. undecided
Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by ebenice(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Well according to devine revelations uzzah isnt a priest he is just a soldier hence doesnt have legal rights to handle the ark, and as you know it was the period of the law there was no grace then. And uzzah may have sin in him and the remission for sin by then is only done at least once for all isrealites by the high priest in the holiest of the holies where the ark is in the tabanacle. And again that period there is no mercy any simple error is dealt with instantly..

I can only say uzzah's death is pathetic and sympathetic but at that disposition it was justified..

1 Like

Re: 2nd Samuel 6: 1-8 :- Death Of Uzzah by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
ebenice: Well according to devine revelations uzzah isnt a priest he is just a soldier hence doesnt have legal rights to handle the ark, and as you know it was the period of the law there was no grace then. And uzzah may have sin in him and the remission for sin by then is only done at least once for all isrealites by the high priest in the holiest of the holies where the ark is in the tabanacle. And again that period there is no mercy any simple error is dealt with instantly..

I can only say uzzah's death is pathetic and sympathetic but at that disposition it was justified..
Lmfao grin
with Christians like you who needs atheists? grin

(1) (Reply)

"How Can I Know How To Properly Worship God?" / Angry At God - Possible? / How Did Jesus Preach To 5k Multitude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.