Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,541 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments (24261 Views)

Don't Be A Victim After Spending So Much On Plantations. / Plantain Plantations In Lagos And Ogun State / Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Why should I spend five million naira or more on building an apartment when there is no guarantee that I can make up to two hundred thousand naira per year and it may take average of, or more than 15 years to make my invested capital. Why wont I consider plantation farming when the cost of setting it up is lesser and give far better return on investment. But if you think otherwise bring your arguments here with facts and remember the objective of this post is to help us think outside the box. I love real estate, and my passion for it has raised questions on how to get more with less. I have discovered that if we invest a fraction of what we invest in rental properties in plantation farming, we will have far better return on investment. I got this enlightenment while helping some clients secure farm land. so lets discuss different types of plantation and the cost of set up and compare with typical Naija rental properties like hostel etc.
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
There are various type of plantation, examples are oil palm, cashew, rubber, cocoa, orange etc. Let’s take them one after the other.

let me quickly lay out the facts I have discovered about setting up oil palm plantation. it cost less than than two hundred thousand naira ($1,200 USD) to have an acre of oil palm plantation and you can have more than two hundred thousand naira ($1,200 USD) gross income from an acre per year which is from palm oil and palm kernel oil sales even without including other derivatives like the PKS and PKC . Below are my estimates: you can have between 50 and 55 palm trees on an acre an acre of land will cost about sixty thousand naira ($400 USD) palm nursery cost N 150 x 55 = 8250 (about $1.00 each X55 ) land preparation is around per acre N 10,000 ($62)

Planting per acre is N 10,000 ($62)

Maintenance at N 10,000 ($62) per year for 3 years till maturity = N 30,000 Miscellaneous for 3 years 20k I have a total of N 138,250 as cost of having one acre of oil palm plantation

Now lets see anticipated Return on Investment: A palm tree can yield 20 liters or more per year and a liter cost N 160 in my area now we have N 3200 per tree X 55 = N 176,000 for palm oil. other sources of income are: PKC = palm kernel cake PKN = palm kernel nut (shell) PKO = palm kernel oil

now my point is even if all one make as net income is just N 120,000 per acre you can do the math of having 100 acres that is N 120,000 X 100 = N 12,000,000 per year

all you have to do is multiply the cost of having acre which is N 138,250 X 100 so investing about N 14,000,000 on palm plantation can be generating around N 12,000,000 i just want us to think of any kind of rental properties that can generate that kind of percentage of Return on Investment all you have to do is wait for just 3 years and enter your rest. lets critically study this investment with reliable facts and figures. what will happen if you can have a thousand acres palm plantation?

5 Likes

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Good evening
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by Ebi4life: 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
hotmas911: There are various type of plantation, examples are oil palm, cashew, rubber, cocoa, orange etc. Let’s take them one after the other.

let me quickly lay out the facts I have discovered about setting up oil palm plantation. it cost less than than two hundred thousand naira ($1,200 USD) to have an acre of oil palm plantation and you can have more than two hundred thousand naira ($1,200 USD) gross income from an acre per year which is from palm oil and palm kernel oil sales even without including other derivatives like the PKS and PKC . Below are my estimates: you can have between 50 and 55 palm trees on an acre an acre of land will cost about sixty thousand naira ($400 USD) palm nursery cost N 150 x 55 = 8250 (about $1.00 each X55 ) land preparation is around per acre N 10,000 ($62)

Planting per acre is N 10,000 ($62)

Maintenance at N 10,000 ($62) per year for 3 years till maturity = N 30,000 Miscellaneous for 3 years 20k I have a total of N 138,250 as cost of having one acre of oil palm plantation

Now lets see anticipated Return on Investment: A palm tree can yield 20 liters or more per year and a liter cost N 160 in my area now we have N 3200 per tree X 55 = N 176,000 for palm oil. other sources of income are: PKC = palm kernel cake PKN = palm kernel nut (shell) PKO = palm kernel oil

now my point is even if all one make as net income is just N 120,000 per acre you can do the math of having 100 acres that is N 120,000 X 100 = N 12,000,000 per year

all you have to do is multiply the cost of having acre which is N 138,250 X 100 so investing about N 14,000,000 on palm plantation can be generating around N 12,000,000 i just want us to think of any kind of rental properties that can generate that kind of percentage of Return on Investment all you have to do is wait for just 3 years and enter your rest. lets critically study this investment with reliable facts and figures. what will happen if you can have a thousand acres palm plantation?
. My bro oil palm tree take abt 3 year or more before it can start yielding.

1 Like

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ebi4life: . My bro oil palm tree take abt 3 year or more before it can start yielding.
can you pls reread and see that thats exactly what I wrote

1 Like

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 6:12am On Jul 16, 2014
Morning
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Good morning
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by tophe: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Morning to you.

Thanks for your post, it is quite interesting.

Where can one get good nursery palm tree to buy?
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
tophe: Morning to you.

Thanks for your post, it is quite interesting.

Where can one get good nursery palm tree to buy?

you can get at nifor in benin
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
The future is here!
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2014
Happy new month! Make a bold move this month, in pursuit of your dreams. All things are possible!
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by iraycom: 11:52am On Aug 01, 2014
where can one get that cheap land
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
iraycom: where can one get that cheap land
Ogbomoso in Oyo state
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by sam4(m): 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
hotmas911: Ogbomoso in Oyo state
pls wher can i get loan 2 start sir?
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by Anthofrie(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
Oga hotmas911
. I need 2 acres of land. how much will that cost me.
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Anthofrie: Oga hotmas911
. I need 2 acres of land. how much will that cost me.
sir, check your inbox I have replied you.
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
sam4: pls wher can i get loan 2 start sir?
I'm sorry sir, I'm not sure of that. But you can try micro finance banks, cooperative societies and the likes
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by sam4(m): 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
hotmas911: I'm sorry sir, I'm not sure of that. But you can try micro finance banks, cooperative societies and the likes
alrt tnks

1 Like

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 6:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Morning
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 5:54am On Aug 11, 2014
Good morning
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 5:32am On Aug 13, 2014
Morning
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2014
How many smart agropreneur or intending farmers will sieze this opportunity. All glory to God, as we have gone past the level of people doubting our credibility on nairaland. Nairalanders like stanchucks, kerriman, 1978fusi, doctorisa, lesgupnigeria, nairaanddollar and host of others that we don't know their usernames have all patronised us. These people and others from olx with other places have taken immediate possession of their land without any issue. So gone are the days of "is it genuine?".
You too can join the club of proud farmland owners with just 30% down payment and spread the rest over 12 months.
We have land suitable for most crops like, cassava, oil palm, maize, plantain, cashew etc.
Minimum sale is 10 acres.
Price is from 80k per acre
This offer is powered by Hastom Global Services Limited with RC no. 864168. Pay 30% and start immediate use of the land.
Contact 08060318769,09095658428, 08123235949. Mail me dto911@gmail.com
CHECK this link to know more about us https://www.nairaland.com/1808249/meet-hotmas911-most-trusted-biggest
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by boluwajokosegun: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2014
@ Hotmass you have done very well for all your numerous write up.

Please not that u did not talk of the
cost of processing the palm fruits to palm oil
Cost of harvesting the palm fruits
Cost of transporting the palm fruits to the processing plant
cost of processing the palm Kanel seed to palm kanel oil
cost of processing the palm nuts to palm seeds
Cost of storage before selling all the products
I think you can also produce broom sticks from the palm tree leaves.

Please if you can provide all those info them investors will understand a good estimate of profitability, nevertheless, well done
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
@ Hotmass you have done very well for all your numerous write up.

Please not that u did not talk of the
cost of processing the palm fruits to palm oil
Cost of harvesting the palm fruits
Cost of transporting the palm fruits to the processing plant
cost of processing the palm Kanel seed to palm kanel oil
cost of processing the palm nuts to palm seeds
Cost of storage before selling all the products
I think you can also produce broom sticks from the palm tree leaves.

Please if you can provide all those info them investors will understand a good estimate of profitability, nevertheless, well done
thank you sir, i have not really sat down and put those things together. I think I am leaving those details to experts like you. If you can please help us. Lets benefit from your wealth of research.

2 Likes

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by agrobiz873: 1:51am On Aug 21, 2014
oing into agricultural production needs
land as one of the means of production and
it is an uphill tasks for interested people
to.get lands.
Over 10,000 hectares of land is available for
purchase and leasing in Ibadan,Akure and
Edo state.
The area has a very good road network,the
farmland is grassland with little dispersed
trees
Land rent is #2,500/acre
Land purchase is 40,000/acre
Get across to me on agrobiz873@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 6:41am On Aug 22, 2014
Teach us to number our days.
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
What a day!!!
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ek'aale oo!
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 11:13am On Aug 24, 2014
To who and what shall I compare this Covenant Keeping God. There is none like our God!
Re: Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments by hotmas911(m): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Take that risk!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Is Chicken In Your Area / How To Make Wealth From Snail Farming In Nigeria / Soya Beans Powder Mixed With Millet,dryfish,groundnut And Guinea Corn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.