Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438963 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by gr890: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
chii8:
me too
me three
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
The characters in this story behave like teenagers!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
CHAPTER EIGHT
she withdrawed some money and was heading towards her car when she heard a deep voice called her name.
'Linda?'
she spined around and found herself staring at a very tall man. He was dark in complexion and really cute.
He looked familiar though and she tried in vain to place where she knew him.
'hy, don't tell me you can't recognise me'
'I'm sorry but who are you'
'Manfred Tony'
she still looked baffled.
'panaf Secondary school, Nasarawa state'
he saw the recognition on her beautiful face. Her eyes lit up
'fred!'
fred was what she called him when they were in their teens. Linda totally forgot that she was married and had connection to public figures. She forgot that she was on the side of a very busy road or the fact that journalists were always on stand-by waiting for such opportunities.
She jumped into his open arms. Sweet memories came flashing back. This man was her teenage crush and well, they actually dated but was cut short.
He held her to him for a full minute before letting go of her.
'you look terrific Linda. Please don't tell me you are married'
'i got married three months ago'
'i'm always late, i'm i not?'
'yes you are Fred'
'That man must be very lucky. He is so damn taking good care of you because you look so take away'
'thank you. So where have you been all these years'
'The United states'
'wow, big man'
'you too don't look poor at all'
'Linda, i have an appointment in an hour and i'm leaving Abuja tomorrow. Will you be free for dinner?'
'yep'
'your husband?'
'won't be a problem'
'should i pick you up?'
'okay then'
she gave him her house address.
'Dinner will be at 7pm'
'no qualms'
Fred watched her drove away. Yes, he was always late when it comes to Linda James.

She was thinking of Of Daisy. Her baby will be two years old in a few months.
'thinking of wicked things and smiling'
she heard her husband say but she snobbed him. He had just returned from work and looked all stressed up.
'who is he?'
'who is who?'
'the man you were seen publicily hugging'
'oh, Fred is my friend'
'you are married Linda. I should be the only man you hug so intimately'
'so what are you saying?'
'I forbid you from seeing or talking to him'
'as you say, mr Joseph'
'I'm serious Linda, don't disobey me'
'as you wish'
He had a bath, then went down for his food.
'who cooked this food'
'I did sir'
Lucy answered. He left the table and walked up the stairs to his wife.
'I'm hungry'
'so?'
'i want to eat my wife's food'
'sorry husband, i'm going out'
'where?'
'you can come with me if you wish'
He decided to stay at home for the evening. She was going no where.
He sat on the cushion watching a home vedeo and soon began sleeping.
Linda dressed in a silver dinner gown. She took her time with her make -up and looked quite exceptional.
She walked down the stairs at exactly 7pm. The sight of Henry sleeping made her feel so warm. Her greatest weakness was her unconditional love for him.
She walked out to Fred. He took her to tiara resturant.

'So tell me, do you love your husband?'
'i love him so much'
'do you remember the day i asked you out?'
Linda giggled. He was two years her senior in school. She had always had a crush on him.
He hardly noticed her until his final year. She had openly challenged him to a spelling test. Ofcourse, she soon realised he wasn't her match. He won her hands down.
They became friends. He too found out he has feelings for her but was scared she will turn him down.
Two weeks to his final exams, he summoned the courage to confess his love for her via a letter.
She was only in ss1 but she wrote him back. They dated for a month and a week. It was fun. He gave her her first kiss. It was so spendid, they dreamt of getting married some day.
He lost his father and his mother packed her children away to their state of origin.
'you cried'
'yeah'
she had wept bitterly and never thought she will forget him.
Linda and Fred had fun. They talked about their young love and all the broken promises.
As she was having fun, a call woke her husband from his slumber.
'sir, she is having dinner with the man she was openly hugging this afternoon'
All sign of sleep disappeared from Henry's eyes.
'where?'
'The Tiara resturant'
he pressed the end button, picked his car keys and drove out.
'i will beat you up'

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Good story Tiffany you had me checking all day. I really like the suspense you create every time makes me want to just............... kiss

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
ghen ghen *nollywood sound* someone should teach dz guy not to eva raise his hands at anymore not to talk of a woman. his woman!!! Henry is such ******* lips sealed..btw wheres terry?? I tot he has some guts...

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Go linda

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
JeffreyJamez: The characters in this story behave like teenagers!! undecided
noted
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by ifyude(f): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry you haven't seen anything yet,loving this new Linda. Weldone Tiff

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
bibiolu: Good story Tiffany you had me checking all day. I really like the suspense you create every time makes me want to just............... kiss
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
ifyude: Henry you haven't seen anything yet,loving this new Linda. Weldone Tiff
tnx dearie
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pricelesslove(f): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
i am liking this story. nice job . more gress to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by lilypet(f): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
nyc update tiffany

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Henry should not give himself hypertension o and he should stop disgracing himself.nice update dear

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Diamonddamsel: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2014
Serves him right. He should know several are willing to have the wife he is treating anyhow.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Mj45: 3:03am On Aug 06, 2014
Go Linda, Go Linda, Go Linnnnnn. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Am so loving this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 6:54am On Aug 06, 2014
Gagangagangagan

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 8:28am On Aug 06, 2014
Am having mixed feeling with Linda's late attitude. I think Linda need to address this issue from a married woman perspective and not from a spinsters way of thinking. All this she's doing is not the way to resolve marriage issues involving an irresponsible (cheating) husband. If she can no longer cope she should file a divorce. Becos the truth is she's changing her being gradually which could be detrimental in the long run. My thought any way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 06, 2014
mikedimeji: Am having mixed feeling with Linda's late attitude. I think Linda need to address this issue from a married woman perspective and not from a spinsters way of thinking. All this she's doing is not the way to resolve marriage issues involving an irresponsible (cheating) husband. If she can no longer cope she should file a divorce. Becos the truth is she's changing her being gradually which could be detrimental in the long run. My thought any way.

It will my dear cos it's fiction....
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 9:08am On Aug 06, 2014
mikedimeji: Am having mixed feeling with Linda's late attitude. I think Linda need to address this issue from a married woman perspective and not from a spinsters way of thinking. All this she's doing is not the way to resolve marriage issues involving an irresponsible (cheating) husband. If she can no longer cope she should file a divorce. Becos the truth is she's changing her being gradually which could be detrimental in the long run. My thought any way.
Have you watched Mr and Mrs?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kennylizzy(f): 10:07am On Aug 06, 2014
Aipete2: Have you watched Mr and Mrs?
O yes Linda want to deal with Henry the wy Mrs Abah did to her hubby
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by JesDivine(f): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2014
Tiff dear, you're amazing. I must say Linda is quite a strong lady to be taking all those insults from Anthony and Jordan with no defense from Henry. Now, she's turned a lady I totally adore - living life and having fun. To hell Henry and love!
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by crislyn(f): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2014
JesDivine: Tiff dear, you're amazing. I must say Linda is quite a strong lady to be taking all those insults from Anthony and Jordan with no defense from Henry. Now, she's turned a lady I totally adore - living life and having fun. To hell Henry and love!
Omo na so e supoz be o..if she waits for him to change hmm she wld grow old nd die.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Aipete2: Have you watched Mr and Mrs?
Hmmm do u know that when it comes to the issue of marriage, what is applicable in one family might not be applicable in another, in other word marriage involve personalties and am sorry to say am scared of Henry's personalty (arrogant, proud, hot tempered and implacable) and I doubt if Linda's approach to this issue will be a good one. The only grace she has is that she was not asked to sign a prenuptial agreement otherwise it won't be easy.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
JesDivine: Tiff dear, you're amazing. I must say Linda is quite a strong lady to be taking all those insults from Anthony and Jordan with no defense from Henry. Now, she's turned a lady I totally adore - living life and having fun. To hell Henry and love!
U are only talking like this Becos it's theory, we are talking about a lady facing challenges in her marriage and u think what Linda is doing is quite good? Well like I said every body opinion is different
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by JesDivine(f): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
mikedimeji:
U are only talking like this Becos it's theory, we are talking about a lady facing challenges in her marriage and u think what Linda is doing is quite good? Well like I said every body opinion is different
Bro, sometimes dialogue isn't enough to fix issues. What would you have Linda do? Sit down, fold her hands and play the good wife while her husband is busy painting the city in different colours with different girls? And talking about being scandalous, didn't the stupid press also see Henry kissing girls in public? Of course they couldn't have. How convinent it is to only see Linda hugging an old crush. Since Henry knew he wasn't entirey ready for committment, why marry her and tie her down? He could have done other things to make sure his daughter was comfortable without having to marry Linda. So again I say to Linda: Go Girl!!

3 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
A real man never raises his hands on a/his woman. Lets see if Henry is one
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
mikedimeji:
Hmmm do u know that when it comes to the issue of marriage, what is applicable in one family might not be applicable in another, in other word marriage involve personalties and am sorry to say am scared of Henry's personalty (arrogant, proud, hot tempered and implacable) and I doubt if Linda's approach to this issue will be a good one. The only grace she has is that she was not asked to sign a prenuptial agreement otherwise it won't be easy.
Lets wait and see, read and also learn
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
JesDivine: Bro, sometimes dialogue isn't enough to fix issues. What would you have Linda do? Sit down, fold her hands and play the good wife while her husband is busy painting the city in different colours with different girls? And talking about being scandalous, didn't the stupid press also see Henry kissing girls in public? Of course they couldn't have. How convinent it is to only see Linda hugging an old crush. Since Henry knew he wasn't entirey ready for committment, why marry her and tie her down? He could have done other things to make sure his daughter was comfortable without having to marry Linda. So again I say to Linda: Go Girl!!
Well said but u need to also rem that Henry didn't marry Linda out of compulsion, Linda decided to marry him without taking her time to consider Henry's antecedents. Whether she like it or not two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
mikedimeji:
Well said but u need to also rem that Henry didn't marry Linda out of compulsion, Linda decided to marry him without taking her time to consider Henry's antecedents. Whether she like it or not two wrongs don't make a right.
What u mean nw is that henry is doing the right thing, that Linda is nt saving her marriage abi. Ah! Your wife or gf will be trying oh

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by JesDivine(f): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
mikedimeji:
Yea, 'two wrongs don't make a right', we all know that. And about Linda not taking her time to consider Henry's proposal, did you skip where she refused and he threatened to sue her for the child? I bet you did! She knew she wouldn't be able to equate Henry in court hence she married him. So, Henry and his dad had better brace themselves for more 'scandals'.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
'do you remember our first kiss?'
Fred asked her. She laughed.
'yeah, it was my first Fred'
'you look stuning and i can't help but stare at your sexy lips'
'fred, let me be quite clear, i'm married and i love my husband. Whatever we two had was in the past'
'okay then. Your husband must be lucky'
'yeah he is. Can you take me home now? I've got to check on my daughter'
'how old is she?'
'almost two. Well i had her out of wedluck but we are family now'
He grinned. This is one woman he will forever respect.
'i'm so glad we bumped into each other. Please say me hy to your husband and do take good care of him'
He paid their bills and they left the resturant. They were attacked at the parking lot. Linda suddenly found herself sorrounded by the 'lions' according to Tara.
'mrs Joseph, are you and Henry Joseph getting divorce?'
a young lady asked.
'i don't know what you are talking aback'
'why is your husband avoiding his maternal family?'
a plump stout man asked.
'you can ask him that question'
'who is this man with you?'
'a very good friend'
'is he your lover?'
'nope'
'why are you alone with him this night?'
'none of your business'
she shouted into the loud speaker. Fred leaned towards her ear and whispered
'you forgot to tell me that you are a public figure'
'believe you me, i didn't sign up for this'
a loud speaker was shoved at her face. Linda felt like flinging it away but she composed herself.
'how do you cope with your husband's numerous women?'
'i don't know what you are talking about'
'are you having problems with mrs Jordan?'
'look here, i answer to no one except my husband and i'm done with you'
she was getting angry. A glance at Fred showed how amused he was. He seemed to be enjoying himself.
Someone touched her from behind.
'sweetypie, so sorry i was late'
'Henry!'
He shamelessly pulled her into his arms and kissed her. Linda returned the kiss with full vigor. The cameras began working.
Her husband released her. He wished they were in some private place. The cameras captured his lustful gaze at his wife.
'mr Joseph, the rumur is that you are a millionaire'
'i don't know what you are talking about'
'your maternal family are...'
'i'm not answering that'
Henry drag Linda away from the 'lions. He called to join them. Together they walked back to the resturant.
'care to introduce us?'
he asked his wife.
'Fred, meet Henry my husband. Henry, meet Fred Tony, we attended thesame secondary school'
'count yourself lucky to be married to her'
'okay. Now sweetypie, it's time to go back home. We will take a cab. Those 'lions' will be waiting at the parking lot. Mr fred, i'd advice you to come back much more later for your car unless you want to answer questions'
Linda, to further annoy her husband, gave Fred a hug before bading him goodbye.
they returned home by 10pm. Linda went upstairs and began undressing.
'you disobeyed me'
'yeah'
'Linda, scandal won't dwell well on the family or the agency'
'that's not my problem'
'it should be my dear wife. That agency feeds, clothe and house you'
'noted'
'you are tempting me to get angry in public. I have fought twice because of you. I now know how to handle you'
'good to know'
she was standing in her underwear. Henry had realised one thing-his wife loves seeing him angry. She enjoys it.
The only way to tame hes is to get her pregnant. She will stay more at home and stop causing problems.
'Let's make a baby'
'not ready'
'Tara is pregnant already'
'i'm not competing with her'
'We've not had any intimacy for two months Linda. This isn't good at all'
'do i look like i care?'
' don't go out at night Linda, i'm warning you'
'you won't be here to stop me. I have a date tomorrow with a friend'
'we shall see about that'
Henry Joseph became a prisoner in his own home. He comes back home everyday after work. He kept watched over his stuborn wife.
A week went by and his lovers became very desperate

7 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by blesynluv(f): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Beautiful!!! Keep it up Tiff.

1 Like 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.