Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (439291 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lolz, better. Naughty and ashewo husband

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by funmercy1(f): 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
*igbotic voice* henry sebi u don sabi 2 much,oya na let's go dere.

Go tiff u ar 2 much

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is becoming hotter.You are doing grt TiffanyJ.

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
Henry weda you like it or not all those your lovers must go then you will respect your wife.Nice update tiffany

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by DoroCute(f): 1:09am On Aug 07, 2014
Keep it up tiff ..... Ps: weneva I mention ur name, its lyk I'm mentionin thief... Lol! Teasin ooooo.... Nw henry wuld taste out of his own concoction!

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 07, 2014
Let's go there ma'am...Linda i knew u had sm crazines in u bt wen u took off ,i tot it was all gone bt nw u've joined terry G cos d madness is free...bt no ova do o..

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Jeanfortune(f): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2014
morals of the story so far.... a 'player' can actually fall in love, Tiffany Dearie, thumbs up, i must tell u, this story is way better than TRB, shows u r a great writer and i trust ur next is gonna be awesome, and did i hear u say ur next is Mitch and Joel, urm, is about our dear own doctor who had this 'thing' for Tara
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2014
funmercy1: *igbotic voice* henry sebi u don sabi 2 much,oya na let's go dere.

Go tiff u ar 2 much
tnx ma dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2014
orla01: This is becoming hotter.You are doing grt TiffanyJ.
thank you dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2014
seunviju: Henry weda you like it or not all those your lovers must go then you will respect your wife.Nice update tiffany
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:15am On Aug 07, 2014
DoroCute: Keep it up tiff ..... Ps: weneva I mention ur name, its lyk I'm mentionin thief... Lol! Teasin ooooo.... Nw henry wuld taste out of his own concoction!
lol, it's quite funny but i really do love the name. How are you doing?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:25am On Aug 07, 2014
Jeanfortune: morals of the story so far.... a 'player' can actually fall in love, Tiffany Dearie, thumbs up, i must tell u, this story is way better than TRB, shows u r a great writer and i trust ur next is gonna be awesome, and did i hear u say ur next is Mitch and Joel, urm, is about our dear own doctor who had this 'thing' for Tara
leme first of all apologize to you for not mentioning you. I completely forgot you but the truth is that, i was finding it really difficult to recall all those that read TRB. Please forgive me.

I am also very happy you love Henry and Linda's story.

We shall soon meet Joel and Mitch in 'a man to call her own' you will love them. Two people with horrible past. I'm yet to think of a title for them.
Tnx
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 07, 2014
linda's new life style will help prevent her from running mental someday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 8:54am On Aug 07, 2014
TiffanyJ:
thank you dear
U're welcome.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bibie01(f): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2014
Nice one Tiffy, you are the best.

The turn of events is just so exciting, I keep loving the story.

Linda go girl, but don't over do it as everyone has adviced n I believe Henry will change.

Love you Tiffany.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2014
'we are now the talk of town you know'
Henry told her over breakfast. Linda had been secretly looking for a job. The house was too boring for her and Daisy will soon begin school.
'that's good. Wasn't that what you wanted when you publicily kissed me?'
'and you returned it with undiluted passion?'
'it was just a make-believe'
'was it? You wanted me Linda'
'it's been over a week. I can't remember'
'it isn't a crime to accept that you wanted your husband. No one will crucify you and i will tell you that you are depriving me of my rights as your husband'
'okay'
'if you continue like this, i might have to asked your mother to talk to you. You might listen to her'
'don't you dare'
she stood up and left the room. Henry laughed loudly. He never intended telling that harridan of her mother anything. He didn't even discuss this with Jordan, his best friend talk more of that woman.
He wondered if it was possible that Linda was scared of her mother.

'What is the meaning of this Henry?'
His father threw the gossip papers on his desk. Henry picked them up.
Linda was on the cover pages. She was in different dresses and skirts. Each showing off her lucious body. She was actually smiling into the cameras. The last paper caught his attention. His wife was swimming in a public pool with men lustly staring at her.
He sat up and tore the papers into pieces. How can his wife suddenly change within a twinkle of an eye.
'a responsible wife wouldn't dress this way. She is putting this agency in a mess.
People think you cannot control her and so this agency.
Investors are pulling out Henry. Do something about Linda'
'like what?'
'divorce her'
'what?'
'you heard me right. My parents didn't worked up theirselves to make this agency where it is now for a mere girl to destroy it.
Give her whatever money she will demand. We both know you can afford it. Your mother left you and your brother millionaires'
'there is a problem father'
'what is it?'
'i can't imagine a day without seeing her. I will never divorce her. Only death can part us'
'do you love her?'
'hell no! I'm just fond of her. Love is for weaklings like Jordan'
'he married your sister!'
'and i'm happy for them'
Anthony stared at his son. He had never recovered from his mother's death. But one thing was certain, Henry was in love. He was just too silly to realised it.
'bring Linda to my place for dinner tomorrow'
'okay'

'how was your day?'
'fun'
'yeah, causing scandals here and there. Linda, for Godsake, if you want a swimming pool in the house just let me know. We have space to build one'
'oh?'
'how can you go to a public pool?'
'we can buy another house with pool inside please i'm begging you don't ever go to a public pool again. It's an insult to me'
'we can't afford it Henry. But i'm sorry i went a bit too far. I guess i might just forfeit swimming for now'
She walked to the kitchen. Henry picked his phone and dialled Jordan's number.
'you are a damn builder and i don't care how you do it, i need a swimming pool in my house as soon as possible'
'It isn't as simple as you think Henry. Well, i will send some men to check out the area'
'good'
He ended the call.
'who are you talking with?'
'Jordan. By the way, father wants us over for dinner tomorrow'
'i'm not going'
'why'
'nothing'
'he might get offended'
'no qualms'
'i don't like this your none chalant attitude Linda'
'all thanks to you, dear husband'
He went to her and kissed tenderly.
'what do you say about taking a week vacation. Only the two of us'
'sorry dear husband. I'm starting work on monday. I've been offered a job'
He tried and suprisingly controlled his anger. He smiled slyly at her.
'congrats dear. Where is that?'
'Adornment. The company is located in wuse. I'm so happy Henry. I love decorating'
Henry smiled again. No body will dare offer her a job. He will see to it. For now, he needed an excuse to give his father. They won't be coming over for dinner.
Come monday, he will be faced with an angry wife. He laughed. Her anger was something he looked foward to.

9 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:18am On Aug 07, 2014
bibie01: Nice one Tiffy, you are the best.

The turn of events is just so exciting, I keep loving the story.

Linda go girl, but don't over do it as everyone has adviced n I believe Henry will change.

Love you Tiffany.
love you more dearie.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by DoroCute(f): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2014
TiffanyJ:
lol, it's quite funny but i really do love the name. How are you doing?
I'm fine dearie n yhu?? Hw wz ur nytt?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2014
DoroCute: I'm fine dearie n yhu?? Hw wz ur nytt?
it was good thank you
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by DoroCute(f): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2014
Tiff I take God beg yhu, post anoda 1 nauuu.... #pouts..... Pwizzzz pwiti pwizzzz

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by akejujoe(f): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Tiffany dearie,I ve been wowed by you. kiss.keep it up

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2014
Henry you still don't know what your wife want.Thank you for the breakfast Tiffany dearie

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2014
C him saying dat lawv is for the weaklings...u stil got scales coverin ur eyes...jst wait till Lily is thru wid u n u wil knw dat cheating is easy bt being faithful is 4 brave hearts...TiffanyJ,may u live long on earth...ebola shall nt see ur doorpost cos u av given ur pple brkfast...bt ehm ehm it wil soon b noon o ..tym 4 lunch

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2014
Hmmmm.

Henry and Linda.

Tom and Jerry. grin
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Luv ds dia marriage styles,nice one op

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Aipete2: What u mean nw is that henry is doing the right thing, that Linda is nt saving her marriage abi. Ah! Your wife or gf will be trying oh
Did u follow the story from the beginning? Don't read some part of the story and make ur conclusions moreso every body is reading making comments based on what they feel and their own view in the subject matter and am also sure u haven't seen any of my comment on this story apart from this that's why u are saying this and more so I can tell u I haven't seen any personalty like that of Henry so pls don't misquote me

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
JesDivine: Yea, 'two wrongs don't make a right', we all know that. And about Linda not taking her time to consider Henry's proposal, did you skip where she refused and he threatened to sue her for the child? I bet you did! She knew she wouldn't be able to equate Henry in court hence she married him. So, Henry and his dad had better brace themselves for more 'scandals'.
My dear what Linda did was fear of the unknown. Forget the threat. No matter what happens in the court it doesn't stop Linda from being the mother of the child. It's better to remain single than marrying a known promiscuous man as husband. Like I have been saying let's all wait and see how the story goes but mind u one should NOT bow to such a threat and allow the fear of the unknown to make one do what one will live to regret. At one point or the other I know Linda will regret marrying Henry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
What do I even call this Henry? "I don't love her, am just fond of her" a suppose 34yrs old man saying this kind of such a derogatory remark. I think I said this before and i want to repeat, Henry married Linda not Becos he love her to be his wife but because Linda has a baby for the stupid iguana and he feels he should have a family Not minding the responsibilities (leaving every other lady) that comes with being a husband. I don't know if I can say Henry is a BABY adult.
TiffanyJ well done
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
The alarm woke Linda up by 5:30am. She smirked and hurriedly went for a bath.
Henry will be up by 6am. She didn't want them to fight for the bathroom and today is her first day of work.
She must have made enough noise to wake him. She appeared from the bathroom fifteen minutes later, a towel wrapped over her body to see her husband beaming at her.
She was in a good mood today and lately, her husband comes home immediately after work. Their fights had reduced.
Linda walked to the bed and kissed him lightly on the lips. He held her from behind and returned the kiss. Her towel came loose.
'Linda, come back to bed please'
'oh no Henry i will be late for work'
'it's been two months Linda'
She was able to control herself. Yeah, it's been two months and she can't deny that they both need each other.
'i know Sugar. I'm gonna be late for work but i promise to make it up to you this evening'
'Promise?'
'yes, i promise'
he let go of her and lay back on bed. He watched her excitedly dressed up for work.
'you will be late for work sugar'
'don't forget i answer only to my father'
she was soon good to go. She picked her handbag and looked at her husband.
'how do i look?'
Henry swore to himself. His wife was in a black suit and a pink shirt. Her skirt was a little above her kness. Her high heels helped made her legs longer.
Her hair was neatly combed and packed in a french style. All he wanted was for her to join him in bed.
'you are breath-taking'
'thanks sugar. Will be back by 3pm'
'oh, what about my breakfast?'
'the maids will take care of it'
Henry wisely remained quite. She walked to the bed and gave him a peck.
'wish me luck Henry'
'goodluck sweetypie. Enjoy your first day at work'
'thanks'
'you havn't taken any breakfast Linda'
'no thanks, i might just skipped breakfast'
Henry watched her go. She will be in for a suprise. He shuddered at the thought of Linda's reaction.
'we are so sorry mrs Joseph, you can't work here'
The Director told her. She looked at him in confusion. But they've given her an appointment letter!
'you gave me an appointment letter'
'yes'
'you told me to start work today'
'yes'
'what went wrong?'
'your husband'
'what do you mean?'
'your husband paid us a visit last Thursday. He said both of you had agreed you will be a stay at home wife'
'are you kidding me?'
The director gazed at the beautiful woman. Her husband had stormed into the office and threatened them. He made it clear to them he didn't want his wife to work'
'sorry ma'am, i'm very busy right now and got to do some work'
'no, you gave me an appointment'
'please go and talk to your husband'
He went about his affirs. Linda sluggishly went on her feet. She picked her bag and left.
Outside the office, all eyes were on her. Some even left their offices to peep at her. She had never been so embarrassed in her life.
'that's his wife'
she heard a female voice say.
She was able to get into her car. She remembered how she had took her time dressing. He had watched her and wished her a the best on her first day at work.
How he must have been laughing at her. He had made a complete fool out of her.
Rage, undiluted rage took over her. She wouldn't even wait for him to come back home. She drove to his office.

Henry was smiling to himself. By now, his wife must be home, angrily waiting for his return.
He couldn't wait to home. He will stop by and get flowers and ice cream for her.
He will apologize and give her a piece of ruby jewelry then make love to her.
She will understand, and forgive him. After all, she was his beloved wife.
'sir, it's time for the meeting'
his secretary informed him. This meeting was very important to the agency. They've worked hard for months and today they are closing a deal worth millions of naira.
He picked his phone and went out. Soon the conference room was filled up.
Thirty minutes into the meeting, the door swung open and in came his wife.
She looked around the room for him. Goodness, Linda wouldn't do this. She wouldn't
'Linda what is the meaning of this?'
Anthony Joseph asked.
She paused, stared dangerously at her husband.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by DoroCute(f): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ghen ghen!!!... TIFFANY!!!! (shouts) come finish wetin Ɣφυ start ooooo!!! No let us becum frenemies ooooo!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is d climax of it I believe,waiting 2 see wat happens next,nyc one TiffanyJ tanx 4 d update.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.