Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? (10008 Views)

Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts / My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise / Do You Like Garlic Scent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Toppie2(f): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=kekakuz]I have been cooking for as long as I can remember but one thing is constant.my food does not scent.most times when I serve food,people ask me when I cooked the food.this afternoon I was so frustrated that I had to put my nose in the pot to smell something but instead I got my nose burnt.
am I that much of a bad cook?[/quot

I don't think this is a big deal as long as your food tastes good. My food doesn't have aroma all the time and i don't really care coz i know by d tym it's done, it will cme out tasty and super delicious.

1 Like

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by spicy244(f): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2014
I believe its not necessary your food gives aroma evtime u cook. It all depends on hand. Dia iz dis lady in mah[b][/b] compound tho she's married , if she cookd u will be perceiving the aroma from three houses from ours buh the worst thing iz wen u taste the food, its jus tasteless. Its not about aroma, its about TASTE. If u like put all the spices n condiments in dis world, if it won't give aroma, it won't . So be happy n don't worry ursef PROVIDED ur food has TASTE

1 Like

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Godmystrength: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2014
maybe you have catarrh
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by kiddie(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2014
signs of endtime #witchcraft they took your sense of smell cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by TrYcIa1(f): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2014
Maybe ur olfactary nerve isn't functional...Just thinking
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
#Reading silently aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ ‎​ laughing at †ђξ
Comments#
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by kekakuz(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
princefunmi:

You are a proper ewu.

What are you cooking that is scenting. You for go put camphor abi cologne make the thing scent.

Food dey scent for your village abi? Scent ko, Odor ni.

Cooked food does not scent. It only has an aroma. And if your food does not have aroma, better go have your nose checked.
so because say you know the difference between scent and aroma,you feel say you fit yab.
wet in deer worry people self.e bad if you just correct waka. this is really stupid of you.the internet is providing avenue for low life like you to vent your frustration on others. guy try put your messed up destiny in order or get help.
aroma or scent both can be use for food. see dictionary.
okponu
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by kekakuz(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
spicy244: I believe its not necessary your food gives aroma evtime u cook. It all depends on hand. Dia iz dis lady in mah[b][/b] compound tho she's married , if she cookd u will be perceiving the aroma from three houses from ours buh the worst thing iz wen u taste the food, its jus tasteless. Its not about aroma, its about TASTE. If u like put all the spices n condiments in dis world, if it won't give aroma, it won't . So be happy n don't worry ursef PROVIDED ur food has TASTE
bless you
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by emiye(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
I have a feeling we tend to perceive less the Aroma of the food cooked by oneself , compared to the one cooked by others.

Maybe my observation is not right though, i also observed i tend to eat less if i did the cooking. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by petreli08: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
I need your skill please,i need my food not to have aroma in school cos it attracts to many human pest o.... lol...but sincerely if you want to cook and need the aroma τ̲̅ȍ be perceived at the gate all you need to do is open all the door fry your sauce well before adding much water... LOBATÀN na τ̲̅ȍ dey update AROMA tinz on point
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by blakky97(m): 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Don't put alomo again!

1 Like

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by michealade(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
omo if person folo all dis advice wey i dey see so na die o...
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by hensben(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
henry247:

woootttt Did u actually go to a university Damn!! I can't even understand d sh1t u typed here. No punctuations,no nothing, smh.
cos you are not a good reader, a good reader know when comma, question mark and full stop are ought to be and still comprehend the passage.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by hensben(m): 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by billyG(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fry yur onoin till brown,add yur curry last when u bring id down b/c it evaporate with longer cooking.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by billyG(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Fry yur onoin till brown,add yur curry last when u bring id down b/c it evaporate with longer cooking.d curry of this day dnt scent like curry of old.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Kuyorodele: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Toppie2:

Even to a pot of jollof rice?
b4 nko!
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
kekakuz:
so because say you know the difference between scent and aroma,you feel say you fit yab.
wet in deer worry people self.e bad if you just correct waka. this is really stupid of you.the internet is providing avenue for low life like you to vent your frustration on others. guy try put your messed up destiny in order or get help.
aroma or scent both can be use for food. see dictionary.
okponu

You see them.

Awon Dobossi Yessir

Ekpe nikan ni wan mo. Ti won o ju be lo.

You feel say you sabi yab abi. Oya now make we see who go first tire.

Atoole oshi!!
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Try parsley and cinnamon. Very nice for stews.

Honest. Sometimes all these Maggi thingy na just wassshhh!!

YeayeaNot
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by IleIfe2(m): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2014
McWhillion: Put perfume next time

may God forgive you.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Joshkeyz(m): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
kekakuz: I have been cooking for as long as I can remember but one thing is constant.my food does not scent.most times when I serve food,people ask me when I cooked the food.this afternoon I was so frustrated that I had to put my nose in the pot to smell something but instead I got my nose burnt.
am I that much of a bad cook?
....eya pele.scent in food comes mostly from frying.nd it depends on what and what u used to cook.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Joshkeyz(m): 12:36am On Jul 13, 2014
emiye: I have a feeling we tend to perceive less the Aroma of the food cooked by oneself , compared to the one cooked by others.

Maybe my observation is not right though, i also observed i tend to eat less if i did the cooking. lipsrsealed
hw u no go eat less u don taste am belle ful 4 kitchen na
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by mamachops(f): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
advance your catering skills here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Families Face Bleak Yuletide Over Rising Food Prices, Fares, Others / How Good Is Bruhm Freezer Brand / Alternative To Wheat Flour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.