Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230796 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
@ siriusblack: kudos for a thread like this. I've been following thus thread from day one and I love it. It has given me a different view of what the army is facing upnorth and I commend you galant soldiers for the sacrifices you guys have made for people like us to be able to live in peace and go about our business smoothly. May God bless you all. Hinestly,at some point,I was pondering on quitting my business temporarily,to join the army to end this boko haram mess but I couldn't make the decision cos of those dependent on me. I had to look at the issue of their well being and what would happen to them,should the inevitable occur. However,I'm wondering if the army can make use if some kind of unorthodox method in this war. We all know how deadly the ebola virus is and how fast it kills. Can some of the insurgents in captivity be injected with this virus,and then released to the camps of the boko boys. We use it as a decoy in getting each of the kidnapped girls released. We all know what would likely happen to them in 30 days time. One infected insuregnt alone,can infect the while camp. As they bury the dead,they contact it. This would definitely weaken the fighting capabilities of their foot soldiers.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique: @ siriusblack: kudos for a thread like this. I've been following thus thread from day one and I love it. It has given me a different view of what the army is facing upnorth and I commend you galant soldiers for the sacrifices you guys have made for people like us to be able to live in peace and go about our business smoothly. May God bless you all. Hinestly,at some point,I was pondering on quitting my business temporarily,to join the army to end this boko haram mess but I couldn't make the decision cos of those dependent on me. I had to look at the issue of their well being and what would happen to them,should the inevitable occur. However,I'm wondering if the army can make use if some kind of unorthodox method in this war. We all know how deadly the ebola virus is and how fast it kills. Can some of the insurgents in captivity be injected with this virus,and then released to the camps of the boko boys. We use it as a decoy in getting each of the kidnapped girls released. We all know what would likely happen to them in 30 days time. One infected insuregnt alone,can infect the while camp. As they bury the dead,they contact it. This would definitely weaken the fighting capabilities of their foot soldiers.
Might be a good idea, but expect the entire North to be infected in a month..they simply don't have healthcare mechanisms to handle that, should it go wrong..secondly, that idea is unheard of..lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique: @ siriusblack: kudos for a thread like this. I've been following thus thread from day one and I love it. It has given me a different view of what the army is facing upnorth and I commend you galant soldiers for the sacrifices you guys have made for people like us to be able to live in peace and go about our business smoothly. May God bless you all. Hinestly,at some point,I was pondering on quitting my business temporarily,to join the army to end this boko haram mess but I couldn't make the decision cos of those dependent on me. I had to look at the issue of their well being and what would happen to them,should the inevitable occur. However,I'm wondering if the army can make use if some kind of unorthodox method in this war. We all know how deadly the ebola virus is and how fast it kills. Can some of the insurgents in captivity be injected with this virus,and then released to the camps of the boko boys. We use it as a decoy in getting each of the kidnapped girls released. We all know what would likely happen to them in 30 days time. One infected insuregnt alone,can infect the while camp. As they bury the dead,they contact it. This would definitely weaken the fighting capabilities of their foot soldiers.
nah, this is not what we want bro, it will be a great disaster. This people interact with the outside world remember? Currently they are occupying a town, introduce it and have the whole nation infected in months...this is Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerian Army, frontlines of the North-East.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2014

you are original Boko Haram!
Your mumu no get part II
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army officers investigating insurgent presence, and possible "sympathy" in a village.
Frontlines of the North-East.

It is best practice to process suspects/informants separately.
One person tells you one thing,
you work on the next person with that little info.
(Basic police work).
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: Might be a good idea, but expect the entire North to be infected in a month..they simply don't have healthcare mechanisms to handle that, should it go wrong..secondly, that idea is unheard of..lol

It can be worked on carefully. Certain areas should be demarcated and restrictions should be placed between movements from certain points. At worst,it would take a toll on the immediate communities adjourning such camps and it would only affects such areas. If properly planned,it can work. moreso,the entire area can be set ablaze after the scheme has been effectively planned and implemented. A special unit made up of military men,health experts and paramedics could be sent in to do the cleansing of the hood after the objective has been achieved.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
cirmuell: nah, this is not what we want bro, it will be a great disaster. This people interact with the outside world remember? Currently they are occupying a town, introduce it and have the whole nation infected in months...this is Nigeria!

Well,maybe I don't have enough info and ideas on how these guys work. Was just thinking of a quick fix solution to erasing these guys. That was why I said they should inject the insurgents captured and released to their camps.,with the hope thaqt the thing would start taking a serious toll on them before they are able to carry out their next assignment=. It's just a suggestion though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by CyberWolf: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Firmjudge:

yes but the AK74 is an improved version of the AK47 version and it ruggedity is inestimable..

Yes its good..
400 m is lengthy but the TAVOR riffle is cute as it can cover 600 m befor the bullet deflects..
Wow that's fantastic..I think the AK74 will be much better..but how about the cost and the rounds of ammunition it has compared to AK47?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
tit:

you are original Boko Haram!
Your mumu no get part II

slowpoke,kindly shut the f*ck up. I wasn't talking to you. Those who I spoke to have given reasons why it can't work. Low lifers like you always find it convenient sitting behind your keyboards and insulting people at any given opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique:

Well,maybe I don't have enough info and ideas on how these guys work. Was just thinking of a quick fix solution to erasing these guys. That was why I said they should inject the insurgents captured and released to their camps.,with the hope thaqt the thing would start taking a serious toll on them before they are able to carry out their next assignment=. It's just a suggestion though.

My Guy! U dey vex oh! grin
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique:

i understand you.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by fydence: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: Might be a good idea, but expect the entire North to be infected in a month..they simply don't have healthcare mechanisms to handle that, should it go wrong..secondly, that idea is unheard of..lol
sir, me I buy this idea oh...u already knw every operation has its element of risk na but if it is well planned the chances of it going wrong is low....as per the argument that it is unheard of..i think it will be one more feather on the cap of the NA to pull this off..lets call it our own 'Biological Weapon'...lolz..how u see am??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
IdomaLikita:

My Guy! U dey vex oh! grin

How we for do am? This boko thing dey vex me wella. Since their strategy is using one to Kill many,we should also look at how to deploy their techniques against them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Biological warfare

But no try am with ebola virus

That virus na mad virus

Any way good ideal
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
@ Chonique, Honestly I must commend your Ingenuity! It never crossed my mind!
(But on a Serious Note, the Nigerian Military should consider Weaponizing it oh! Afterall, Biological and Chemical Weapons are Bargaining Chips in World Diplomacy Today)

Sorry for Digressing abeg! Barkar da Sallah!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard: Biological warfare

But no try am with ebola virus

That virus na mad virus

Any way good ideal

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
You guys should stop already, this is not some Hollywood movie...any other method is fyn by me but ebola? You don't wanna imagine the aftermath of it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
CyberWolf:
Wow that's fantastic..I think the AK74 will be much better..but how about the cost and the rounds of ammunition it has compared to AK47?

What matters most Irrespective of what battle riffle/ Assault Riffle we decide to go for in the future is the manufacturing cost and process.
I think DICON need to step their game up
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
cirmuell: You guys should stop already, this is not some Hollywood movie...any other method is fyn by me but ebola? You don't wanna imagine the aftermath of it.

Ok,fine. It might not be ebola but we can tinker along that line. We have microbiologists and laboratory scientists in the army;can they work on developing viruses that are deadly and also developing the antidotes for them incase it comes into contact with service personnel while trying to administer it? Maybe bullets can be laced with such and injured insurgents can spread round camp. Basic objective will be to weaken enemy camp and reduce their fighting capabilities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique:

Ok,fine. It might not be ebola but we can tinker along that line. We have microbiologists and laboratory scientists in the army;can they work on developing viruses that are deadly and also developing the antidotes for them incase it comes into contact with service personnel while trying to administer it? Maybe bullets can be laced with such and injured insurgents can spread round camp. Basic objective will be to weaken enemy camp and reduce their fighting capabilities.
you don't get it, like siriusblack once posted Sambisa is not some enclosed piece of land or something, this guys come in contact with villagers even go across borders...I say no to developing VIRUSES(dat's if we can produce it anyway)...see what common chemical weapon did in syria, things like that don't end well...in the end the bad will out-weigh whatever good intention make you develop that kinda weapon in the first place. #shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Weapons recovered from insurgents..
Frontlines of the North East.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
With the Boko Haram terror group having now kidnapped the wife of The Cameroon Deputy Prime Minister no less, a more substantial presence of Cameroonian forces and materiel will very likely be fielded to counter the trans-national threat that Boko Haram has become.

Looking at the picture of that machine-gunner standing in a sand-bagged firing position, that zig-zag shaped trench in the background reminds one of published photographs depicting trench warfare way back during the First World War, when thousands of lives were lost on both sides, very often over just a few yards of land separating those trenches.

There must be few front-line duty posts more fraught with tension than crouching in a trench while scanning the scrub-land in fading light for enemy snipers, and knowing that there as yet is no available night-vision gear issued to help remain in the fight after the sun sinks in orange and gives way to the night.

To the hombres and Amazons fighting for freedom against the terror of fundamentalist slave-raiders, the free world salutes you, and tips its hat in recognition of the valor and sacrifice on display by Nigerian troops posted to the Sambisa war front. If the cost of issuing regular infantrymen with night vision gear is prohibitive for the Nigerian government at this stage, then it is ESSENTIAL that at the very least, sniper teams MUST be issued with night-vision rifle sights.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SergeAlain: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: Weapons recovered from insurgents..
Frontlines of the North East.

Wow ! this is a fair haul. A clear reminder that even if we dont see it on the news our boys are fighting and winning battles daily. The Nigerian Army really needs to up its game in the PR area. In the USA, they even publish names and combat reports for all medal awards for acts of bravery. Here we award medals very hush hush and no one ever gets to know of all the bravery of these heros. Imagine the inspiration this would give to young people in this Country who are slowly begining to believe that no good can come from Nigeria. (WHAT IS NATIONAL ORIENTATION AGENCY DOING FOR GOODNESS SAKE) But for the thankless job by Sirius and other guys like Beegeagles blog, no body would know what is going on in the North East.

Una well done. Someday this country would be in a position to reward you guys for all this good work.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Firmjudge(m): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
CyberWolf:

The AK 47 was designed in 1947 while the Ak74 was designed in 1974.
Thats why it got the 47 nd 74 names attached to it.
Rounds, the 47 can go ... I wont say..
Just note the 74 is about 1kg less lighter than the 47.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Horlawoomey(m): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nice and lovely thread, been saving all pictures all along.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/terrorism-army-warns-personnel-against-misuse-of-social-media/&sa=U&ei=6EnVU9i-D8SCPbSRgdgP&ved=0CBYQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGkfco8-XcxJCkMWuTZS_U5_ca5yg

FINAL GOODBYES...
I, SiriusBlack, about a month ago, started this thread on this wonderful platform called Nairaland to show Nigerians the struggles and successes of the Gallant NIGERIAN ARMY through pictorials..the thread was all I did with my spare time, uploading photos and encouraging Nigerians that the Army was working to make the average Nigerian safe..Thanks to guys like Henry's intelligent analysis of weapon systems, EasternLeopard's quite unorthodox tactical advice, Jakumo's frank assessments, IbnSultans ceaseless encouragement, Komekn's constructive criticism, quid's insults, adeyemik's comments, cirmuell's early morning greetings(I see ya bro!), Chris365's encouragements and all other friends I made here while doing this work, we built what can be said th be the best social media thread in this country...I enjoyed all the appreciation of this country's fighting men who toil day and night in the trenches fighting for peace..I was flipping. A popular Defence blog today, when I saw something that broke my heart and almost drove me to tears..while I have never admitted to being a soldier, I felt like the COAS's comments were aimed at this threas and all another defence blog we all know about...I felt sad and disappointed..the COAS referred to internet campaigns for the army as work of "Unpatriotic" and "Disgruntled" elements...my heart sank...all I wanted was some P.R for this war on terror..since all we were fed was inaccuracies on SaharaReporters and co..The Army chief, I believe, simply means that he does not want us to do PR for the Army anymore...perhaps Olukolade can handle it...anyway, I decided to respect his wishes and stop...I still have 654 photos in my archives, with 63 coming in today...but, now, ill stop now...Let the army do its work itself..not to give "disgruntled" elements like me..lol...the journey has been good so far...for now, its Goodbye..ill only resume posting if the Army officially hints that I can continue..till then, wish me luck, pray for me, as I shall, for you all...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Soknown: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
cirmuell: You guys should stop already, this is not some Hollywood movie...any other method is fyn by me but ebola? You don't wanna imagine the aftermath of it.
If the insurgents are injected with Ebola then they don't have a need for bombs again. All they would do is just draw up roster on who would go to the market in a day and how many people to infect. It is counter-productive at the least.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lt.Gen Kenneth Minimah:

Those of you that like to use Facebook, Twitter, and other social media to report the Army as if you are not in the Army, what you do not know is that you have been undoing the systems that you are part of.

“You can twit on social issues. Do not twit about our locations, equipment, weapons and ammunition. What has that got to do with you? I hope you have not come to undo the system before you enlisted. I urge you to desist from reporting the Army.”

Source ==> http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/terrorism-army-warns-personnel-against-misuse-of-social-media/
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Soknown: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/terrorism-army-warns-personnel-against-misuse-of-social-media/&sa=U&ei=6EnVU9i-D8SCPbSRgdgP&ved=0CBYQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGkfco8-XcxJCkMWuTZS_U5_ca5yg

FINAL GOODBYES...
I, SiriusBlack, about a month ago, started this thread on this wonderful platform called Nairaland to show Nigerians the struggles and successes of the Gallant NIGERIAN ARMY through pictorials..the thread was all I did with my spare time, uploading photos and encouraging Nigerians that the Army was working to make the average Nigerian safe..Thanks to guys like Henry's intelligent analysis of weapon systems, EasternLeopard's quite unorthodox tactical advice, Jakumo's frank assessments, IbnSultans ceaseless encouragement, Komekn's constructive criticism, quid's insults, adeyemik's comments, cirmuell's early morning greetings(I see ya bro!), Chris365's encouragements and all other friends I made here while doing this work, we built what can be said th be the best social media thread in this country...I enjoyed all the appreciation of this country's fighting men who toil day and night in the trenches fighting for peace..I was flipping. A popular Defence blog today, when I saw something that broke my heart and almost drove me to tears..while I have never admitted to being a soldier, I felt like the COAS's comments were aimed at this threas and all another defence blog we all know about...I felt sad and disappointed..the COAS referred to internet campaigns for the army as work of "Unpatriotic" and "Disgruntled" elements...my heart sank...all I wanted was some P.R for this war on terror..since all we were fed was inaccuracies on SaharaReporters and co..The Army chief, I believe, simply means that he does not want us to do PR for the Army anymore...perhaps Olukolade can handle it...anyway, I decided to respect his wishes and stop...I still have 654 photos in my archives, with 63 coming in today...but, now, ill stop now...Let the army do its work itself..not to give "disgruntled" elements like me..lol...the journey has been good so far...for now, its Goodbye..ill only resume posting if the Army officially hints that I can continue..till then, wish me luck, pray for me, as I shall, for you all...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)
Hello Patriot,
You have done a very good job, I wish you good luck in your next endeavor. I guess I will see you around. BYE for now PATRIOT.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
@siriusBlack I believe the COAS was advice by those old fashion GEN's war has Change it occurs but on field&media. My heart bleeds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.