Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230706 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
SiriusBlack:
Bmp-2s now on scene...7 Div, Giv'em Hell.
wow bro, welcome back. cool
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by realnas(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
SiriusBlack:
Bmp-2s now on scene...7 Div, Giv'em Hell.
sirius black u r wlcm back hope u won't go AWOL again Oh oh oh uhm partainin this bmp2 does it carry the 30mm cannon or na konkurs atgm wey d vehicle carry ? Mehn we miss u always prayed 4 ur safety
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
welcome bk sirius black pls also send me pix to femikay2002@yahoo.com

pls update us abt d war front

How is boko haram claiming territories

what are the challenges : troops or equipment

the helicopter crash? where they the new helos procurred

why are soldiers fleeing the battle field

so many questns begging for sincere answers the CDS nd spokesman cant be trusted anymore cos they r full of lies

pls answer me oo cos na make me believe in nigerian army bt i dare say i don dey loose hope already

soi suggest u suspend ur Awol on this thread

by d way ur identity is hidden so y d awol in d first place
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cjrane: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
obamartins:
Image of BMP-2S. Courtesy google search.

How this vehicle will make a marked difference in the battlefield is still being debated.

BH have AA guns mounted on pickup truck and drive very fast after they hit a target. Wonder how BMP 2s will drastically change the situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 2:02am On Nov 29, 2014
cjrane:

How this vehicle will make a marked difference in the battlefield is still being debated.

BH have AA guns mounted on pickup truck and drive very fast after they hit a target. Wonder how BMP 2s will drastically change the situation.
No its not d fastness/speed u need its d gun range and tactical manoeuvres, the technical on d hilux is fast only on ashpalt road not in d desert(sambisa or far northern terrain),but when it comes to manoeuvres tactics d hilus may loose its grip and somersault. Av u washed russia armored cars,btr,bmp and the T-mbt series on youtube they r fucken fast! They call T-90 the flying fortress and av u forgotten during d raining season d toyata hilusx will be limited, on sirius thread we saw how NA hilux was being ferried across now imagine if they r being attacked but d bmp d crew men will be safe and will return fire will being floating/amphibious. When u look @ armour and protection for crewmen, firepower, speed,tactical and manoeuvres,ruggednes e.t.c d BPm scores d highest on d battle field.
I pray d army should use it well, and master the tactics movement and engagement,the bmp might be an game changer !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by papaejima1: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2014
cjrane:

Boko haram has this medium battle tanks and personnel carriers, and their fighters have proven they can fight more bravely than our troops.
Therefore to win, we need to get better weapons to defeat Boko haram's tanks and armored vehicles from the air.

We need more MH35 attack helicopters!

Especially when they have night fighting capability to invade BH camps at night with surprise attacks as well as being able to support our troops in battle.We must find a way for ground troops to communicate with the helicopter force.
Bros while I agree we need more helicopters especially those with night fighting capabilities, I think I prefer an agile fighting force that can change the dynamics on the ground.

Remember the chadian that was arrested recently with weapons for BH? Those were SAMs(surface to air missiles) meant for our helicopters. One wonders why we keep hearing of helicopter crashes?

However, having some BMP-2s on scene with fighters equipped with NVGs, a T-72 MBT and complementary firepower from our attack helos, I believe our boys can make sword thrust forays straight into sambisa and withdraw before dawn. Repeated thrusts will enable our SFs to establish FOBs for the eventual assault on the forest. In truth, left with me I'd adopt an Israeli-style scorched earth tactic.
Now imagine a T-72 with ammo that can slice thru whatever BH has got, a MRAP, one or two attack helos and BMP with well provisioned soldiers in a place like Gwoza!

Last time I checked, the T-72 can engage upto 9000 meters with some ammo ( that's 9 solid kilometers away)!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
jteku:
Guys check this link out from on FB about this damaturu shit

https://m.facebook.com//photos/a.371316862978903.1073741827.370495769727679/644334155677171/?type=1&refid=17
Wow the NA skimmed them ...... But those boko haram dead body look like HIV infested victims !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Recovered T-55 in mubi

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Cannonleo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
jteku:
Recovered T-55 in mubi
Dats more like iy
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Cannonleo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
jteku:
Recovered T-55 in mubi
Dats more like it
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tonte(m): 1:03am On Dec 22, 2014
even if you don't upload any pics, please can you post at least once a month so we know you are alive...although I do not know you personally, I wish to tell you that I as a Nigerian though in diaspora appreciate the sacrifices that you make daily so my parents and family members and other Nigerians in other parts of Nigeria can sleep with both eyes shut....well done soldier

SiriusBlack:
Sir, if you can come up with a mechanism that won't be breaking the COAS's directive, ill get them to you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by neighy(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2014
No Updates Yet?? Nothing New??
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by DoubleFaith(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Oga SiriusB...hope you are good? Please be kind enough to give us updates.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2014

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
T-72s are real!! Happiest news so far..but is it not shameful that we get to see a prized possession of our Army on Linda Ikeji's blog first? Where is Olukolade and co?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Litmus: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
Irrespective of sponsors, motives or causes these African wars are delicious to the outside world. For one thing, it provides endless opportunity for the media houses to provide their audiences the usual titillating news concerning the wretched Africans. We all know now why Nigeria purchased Tanks from the Russians. I read they provided credit, maybe they did not, we bought tanks and weapons to come. The Africa script will have the Russians soon seeing it as in their interest to prolong the War, widening it even,so that there'll be a steady market for their wares. In this way, East and West divergent interest means more catastrophe for our people. I'm sure if we play it right, we'll benefit from the Russians and nothing of the sort will happen.

However, this war is likely to pick away at us until the French parasitic feasts stretches from the C.A.R to Nigeria. Nigeria has to do things differently from the usual predictable African ways. We have to destroy the root of this thing. I'm sure our military hierarchy running this war knows where it is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cjrane: 3:29am On Dec 23, 2014
T 72

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by neighy(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2014
Litmus:
Irrespective of sponsors, motives or causes these African wars are delicious to the outside world. For one thing, it provides endless opportunity for the media houses to provide their audiences the usual titillating news concerning the wretched Africans. We all know now why Nigeria purchased Tanks from the Russians. I read they provided credit, maybe they did not, we bought tanks and weapons to come. The Africa script will have the Russians soon seeing it as in their interest to prolong the War, widening it even,so that there'll be a steady market for their wares. In this way, East and West divergent interest means more catastrophe for our people. I'm sure if we play it right, we'll benefit from the Russians and nothing of the sort will happen.

However, this war is likely to pick away at us until the French parasitic feasts stretches from the C.A.R to Nigeria. Nigeria has to do things differently from the usual predictable African ways. We have to destroy the root of this thing. I'm sure our military hierarchy running this war knows where it is.
Exactly... Some people might see this as source of income since the FG have been allocating a lot of money...but I pray they have an Insight of What Might happen if they don't do something about it... This is the best time for Nigeria to start all over again... Destroy BKH... Pick Up Our Pieces... Keep the Military and every other sector on High Alert and then We Up and Running... But serzly am Highly Disappointed...

Another Bomb blast in Gombe
Female Suicide Bomber...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by neighy(m): 7:52am On Dec 23, 2014
Another 22Soldiers in military Court Martial...

This is not the right time to penalize this Guys... Are they trying to kill the Foot Soldiers nd hide their Rot??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 11:01am On Dec 24, 2014
Nigeria army sentence 15 soldiers for 2 years over adjunction of 200 chibok girls in aprill; www.lindaikeji..com/2014/12/nigeria-military-jail-lt-col-15-others.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zuria(f): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2014
kiss kiss kiss Merry Christmas to the Nigerian Army and all military formation #keepingthepeace

Special shout out to all Intelligent Unit Officers of all Nigerian Military Formations...una work no easy o wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by neighy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Zuria:
kiss kiss kiss Merry Christmas to the Nigerian Army and all military formation #keepingthepeace

Special shout out to all Intelligent Unit Officers of all Nigerian Military Formations...una work no easy o wink wink
Exactly
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by BashBB: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
shadyemmanuel:
siriusblack, pls any latest about Mubi, coz am tired of leaving as a Refugee.
You also got stranded in Mubi? Where did you e escape 2?....
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by shadyemmanuel(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
BashBB:
You also got stranded in Mubi? Where did you e escape 2?....
I escaped to Jos, bt i was at mubi last week to pack my properties , only to discover dat d animals do away wit everytin in my room including my carpet
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by BashBB: 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

I escaped to Jos, bt i was at mubi last week to pack my properties , only to discover dat d animals do away wit everytin in my room including my carpet
Thats bad.... But at least u got out alive.. Dats d most important tin...... I found myself in cameroon..... Will go and check wads left of my properties around 1st week of January.... Wch area did u stay in mubi?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by shadyemmanuel(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
BashBB:
Thats bad.... But at least u got out alive.. Dats d most important tin...... I found myself in cameroon..... Will go and check wads left of my properties around 1st week of January.... Wch area did u stay in mubi?
Yelwa, behind yelwa primary school.....wat of u?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cjrane: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nigeria army, stand by to defend this country in 2015.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
cjrane:
Nigeria army, stand by to defend this country in 2015.
God!!!Despite Sirius black warnings,Haba,why the politics again?Bro,Please this ain't appropriate at all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.