Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) (7969 Views)

Info About Dogs For Dog Lovers (in Picture) / Dog Lovers In Nigeria: Your Very Own Dog Magazine / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by adirax: 12:48am On Jul 07, 2014
1. Don’t ignore me for too long. I may only live for 10 to 15 years. It seems like forever when you’re away from me and it hurts my heart when I don’t know where you are.

2. Take me to new places to meet friendly people and animals. I might be frightened of them at first, but if you hold my paw through these new experiences, I’ll learn to be more confident and trusting of others. I really do love to meet new friends.

3. Don’t throw me away when new family members arrive. They are my family too and I will love and protect them as much as I love and protect you.

4. Don’t get mad at me when I jump up. I love you so much and sometimes I can’t help getting excited and wanting to give you a hug.

5. Teach me new things. I love making you happy so teach me what you’d like me to do. Learning is great exercise and I love it just as much as a run at the park.

6. Don’t get frustrated and give up on me. I don’t understand your language, but I’m trying my best to learn. Give me time to understand what you want of me because all I want to do is please you.

7. Don’t take out your stress on me. No matter how your day went, I am always happy to see you and will do whatever I can to make your day better.

8. Give me comfort when I’m scared. I always feel better when I’m with you and it may just take a moment before I understand that new things wont hurt me.

9. No matter how busy you are, try to spend a little bit of quality time with me every day. This is truly what I look forward to the most and every minute means so much to me.

10. Don’t leave me outside when it’s too hot or too cold. I don’t have anywhere to go to stay cool or to keep warm and I don’t know how to escape if I’m in a desperate situation.

11. Don’t forget the little things that keep me healthy and happy. My paws hurt if my toenails are too long and I feel much better after my coat has been brushed free of mats. I could even get sick if my teeth are too dirty. It’s only minutes of your time, but it means so much to me.

12. Trust me. [/b]I trust you with all my heart, so please trust me too. You mean the world to me.

[b]13. Don’t be angry with me for too long.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.

14. Talk to me. I may not understand your words, but I understand your tone and body language.

15. Always treat me with kindness. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it. The more you love me, the stronger our bond will be.

16. Please don’t hit me. Remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you because I love you. If I did something wrong, I didn’t mean to make you angry, so please help me understand how to not repeat it. I would much rather give you kisses.

17. Let me know whenever I’ve done something right. Nothing in the world makes me happier. I can tell when you’re pleased with me and if I know what I’ve done to make you smile, you can bet your life that I will try and do it again. And again, and again, and again…

18. Pay attention to me if I’m not being myself. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, please check to see if something might be bothering me. My heart may be getting old, I may be unwell, or I could even be in pain.

19. Take care of me when I get old, just as much as you cared for me when I was a puppy. When I was young, you spent so much time cuddling me and touching my soft fur. My fur might not be as soft and I am no longer small, but my love for you has only grown stronger.

20. Come with me on difficult journeys. I understand that it's hard for you, but please stay with me until the very end. Everything is better, easier and safer for me if you are with me. Remember, I love you.

Dogs are family

For your pet needs
Inquiries/Sales
Contact details 08155568667
BBM: 23B627CF

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by faithugo64(f): 2:44am On Jul 07, 2014
So touching, with all due respect op it sounds as if a dog actually wrote this.

17 Likes

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by dasparrow: 5:22am On Jul 07, 2014
@Post

Very nice, I just love it. Dogs are the best!
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by UjSizzle(f): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2014
Awwww cry

Mynd44 fp pls
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by NewsINigeria(m): 8:55am On Jul 07, 2014
Ok, good one
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by NewsINigeria(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2014
faithugo64: So touching, with all due respect op it sounds as if a dog actually wrote this.
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by BiitchAmMe: 8:56am On Jul 07, 2014
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by LMAyedun(m): 8:57am On Jul 07, 2014
I must read this out to Suarez , my new Dog.

7 Likes

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by PromixTuhh(m): 8:57am On Jul 07, 2014
Okay
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by BiitchAmMe: 8:58am On Jul 07, 2014
faithugo64: So touching, with all due respect op it sounds as if a dog actually wrote this.

u self see am?? Nna As for me...

1 Like

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Onlinebizexpert(m): 8:59am On Jul 07, 2014
you do all these things and the dog still bite you

where seun na thought he is a dog lover
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Ikbobby(m): 9:00am On Jul 07, 2014
Kpako dog (Bingo) no fit yarn all this one sha

1 Like

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by spillyboy14: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2014
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by LMAyedun(m): 9:00am On Jul 07, 2014
Are you insinuating the OP might be a Dog undecided
I don't get undecided
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by dammytosh: 9:03am On Jul 07, 2014
Dogs are the greatest friend.

No back biting, no hatred, no jealousy.

1 Like

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2014
OP you have not met my neighbor's dog!! That annoying kpako noise-making thief deserves to be flogged everyday. I love dogs but that one takes the cake

By the way, Spacegoat, come and learn how to treat Andyblaze grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Dreal1247: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2014
Poor dog. The best animal companion to man.

1 Like

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by olasmith10(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2014
so touching, skippy where are u..
But wait o,No 8 got me confused.. if the dog is scared, then I should be more scared.. so we both need comfort..
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by iceberylin(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2014
we never see food chaw. na to feed Dog

SMH
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by FuckYou: 9:05am On Jul 07, 2014
maybe the op na dog.
grin kidding.
Touching writeup
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Maximus85(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2014
OP, Dogs are our best friend. I'd do anything possible to own one, I don't want to buy one, if I did, I won't feel that bond with it. I want it as a gift.

Dogs are special. They will eat bones but a dog was mistakenly shot, it was killed by Dog eaters (Cannibals) and when the bones was thrown to other dogs, they sniffed and left it. I shouted. So dogs knows the bone of another dog and won't eat it.

I need a dog. I will add you and BBM so we can talk

1 Like

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2014
So touching. Sounds so much like a PaPa Dog dying words. cry
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by myworld01: 9:07am On Jul 07, 2014
nice write up
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:08am On Jul 07, 2014
adirax:
Dogs are family

[b]For your pet needs
Inquiries/Sales
Contact details 08155568667
BBM: 23B627CF

Human beans, hey na dog dey talk all those things wey you type?
Mr or Miss adirax, are you a dog?
Last Bullet
Like human beings like animals!
Yes, am angryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
And maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
Cos my username was changed without due notification and to make it worse to an ugly one...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by point5: 9:08am On Jul 07, 2014
Very good ..but wat about Suarez kind of dog?
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Dreal1247: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2014
LMAyedun:
Are you insinuating the OP might be a Dog undecided
I don't get undecided
Its a lie. He tried to make it clear that it sounded as if a dog wrote it because it appears very real. Please think straight. Do to others as you would like them do unto you. You are now referring to someone as a dog.
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by defendedvictim(m): 9:10am On Jul 07, 2014
taaaa..me n dog no dey follow play since d day 'chief', my neighbor's dog threatened my life. dats a story for anoda day sha
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by benswagtt(m): 9:12am On Jul 07, 2014
My Jack 4 life!!! I wil love nd cherish u more 4m nw on

2 Likes

Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Dogs are amazing creatures smiley
Re: 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember (must Read) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Tell these to Naija babes...

If they can treat Guyz like this, we wouldn't have any need to cheat. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH / Pure German Shepherd Puppies For Sale!(SOLD!!!!) / My Rottweiler Bitch Jst Whelped ...xmas Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.