Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,325 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse (20074 Views)

Is Your Pastor A P.imp Preacher? Take The Test / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / Wives And Women : Stop Worshiping Your Pastor - A must read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Waspy(m): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2014
it's good for only those cut for it.......I don't know what Meagan Good has to say abt this, but I think she's coping undecided........ but that's non of non of my business undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by disloman(m): 8:00am On Jul 20, 2014
Depends on d pastor u marry ooo.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by oluemmakay(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2014
A blessing for those who have passion for Christ, if otherwise....it will be like inserting a round peg in a square hole. Happy Sunday!
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Emyemyberry(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Marrying a pastor,is like marrying a police,or a soldier posted to borno state

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by GodMode: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2014
There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

Look at the difference between religious countries and non-religious countries.

There is no God but there is a Creator.

The Creator does not see itself as a God.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

This is my opinion... you don't have to curse me.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2014
It can't be curse. Its supposed to be a blessing, but with what we now see from churches one is tempted to believe you.

the cause of one pastor who murdered his wife just because she did not attend prayer meeting is still fresh!
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:24am On Jul 20, 2014
kulyie: You go join am pray and FAST taya. grin

my pastor was jisting us that when he is fasting his entire house hold must join in the fasting.he has mandated his wife that there will be no cooking

secondly you go learn how to sleep alone whether konji dey worry you or not because when pastor is away for the lords assignment aka evangelism or crusade in another state or country you go stay alone. cheesy

Many sisters in the lord will come to your husband office for counselling and prayers that will delay him from comming home on time. Some genuine and some to seduce am grin

Some other sister joy in choir will also love to cook asaro for our pastor especially if he is tall, dark and has a sexy voice cheesy
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2014
Honestly I don't think I can marry a pastor.
I am a christian not a church goer. Secondly I don't like living my life for people .
l wanna be free,eat,drink,wear and say whatever I want to without someone reminding me that I am a pastor's wife.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by ceo003: 8:43am On Jul 20, 2014
hello friends check these out. click the link
below
https://www.nairaland.com/1810184/wonders-
sale
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by lilyafaten: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2014
softsparkyy: Honestly I don't think I can marry a pastor.
I am a christian not a church goer. Secondly I don't like living my life for people .
l wanna be free,eat,drink,wear and say whatever I want to without someone reminding me that I am a pastor's wife.
Lollllz
Well, I don't think there is something wrong with marying a pastor provided he is emotionally soft and has soft spot for you. Though I don't pray or wish to marry a pastor.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by cleric(m): 8:58am On Jul 20, 2014
martyns303: A lot of ppl don't understand where the poster is coming from. She is not a fully dedicated Christian, she's just a regular person like most of us, goes to church on Sunday and that's it. Marrying a pastor puts her under the microscope. She can't dress in certain way, talk or act in certain ways without people judging her actions with "see pastor wife". It's like being confined.
I agree, the poster is unequally yoked with her spouse hence feeling like she is caged.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by kimond101: 9:01am On Jul 20, 2014
My brothers and sisters in humanity. Let me try to answer the question by referring to the subject matter as a righteous man because not all pastors are righteous and not all imams are righteous.
In addressing this kind of scenario, there are 6 different scences:

- A righteous man marrying a righteous woman (The story of Abraham and his wife, The story of Mohammed(PBUH) and his wife). Even though they were both righteous, God tested them a lot of times because righteous people always look beyond the scope of this world. And making it to paradise would always be a task to accomplish for them. They are always trying their best to please their creator.

- A righteous man marrying a unrighteous woman (the story of Prophet Lot and his wife). Because the husband was righteous doesn't mean God was please with his wife.

- A un-righteous man marrying a righteous woman (the story of Pharoah and his righteous wife Asiya). She was the one God inspired to love Moses when he got to the palace of Pharoah. Because her husband was a tyrant doesn't mean God can't be pleased with her.

- An unrighteous man marrying an unrighteous woman (the story of those who disbelieve like Abu Labh and his wife. God wasn't please with them.

- A righteous woman that didn't marry (the story of Mary and her miraculous birth of Jesus). Cause she didn't marry didn't make her less important. God was still pleased with her.

- A righteous man that didn't marry (the story of Jesus and the miracles and wonders he performed). Cause he didn't marry yet didn't mean God isn't pleased with him.

The morals coined from these stories makes one understand that righteousness is important in choosing a spouse but not marrying a righteous person as a righteous man/woman would be a trial for you.
Not forgetting that marrying a righteous person can aid you in attaining paradise ONLY if God wills aswell as if you let it. Because everyone would be judge by their own deeds.
Good and Evil can never be the same. So you have to acknowledge this before thinking marrying a righteous person equivalates to paradise in the hereafter.
May God forgive us and guide us to the straight path both in this world and the hereafter.

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Acidosis(m): 9:04am On Jul 20, 2014
If you are a believer, you won't have problems; but if you are a witch like many ladies criticizing pastors on this thread, then you're in for troubles.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Acidosis(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2014
oluemmakay: A blessing for those who have passion for Christ, if otherwise....it will be like inserting a round peg in a square hole. Happy Sunday!
Exactly
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by RebelLeader15(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Yomieluv: The advantages of marrying a pastor outweighs the shortcomings.
1. The spiritual lives of the couple would be strong,and effective.
2. It kind of command respect,and makes someone to be rational in behaviour,since the pastor,and the wife is seen as a custodian of morals.
3.It will also help in bringing up children in the ways of the Lord.

Shortcomings aren't much,save for the over consciousness of ones attitude,even in glaring circumstance where one should have reacted..

And the monotony of many vigils,and church activities can be killing at times.

automatic religion prisoner

Automatic adminstion into the prayer warrior school without graduation
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by esere826: 9:19am On Jul 20, 2014
akitijackson: Somtyms I wonder nd I get mixed feelings abt it. I knw it's a gud thing getting married to a pastor, bt it feels like being in a cage.

All marriages are a kind of cage
just the way your skin is a a kind of cage were your soul is locked in
and indeed this earth is a cage... I'd like to visit different planets, but can't

but just as you are able to mold your body to align with your soul
so you are able to mold your marriage (to a large extent) to align with your pursuits

I do not know your situation, so my advise might not be accurate
- u cld get your husband to drop u and the kids abroad while he lives in Nigeria
- U cld encourage ur husband to teach his congregation that they need not refer to his wife when assessing spirituality etc

...stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2014
lilyafaten:
Lollllz
Well, I don't think there is something wrong with marying a pastor provided he is emotionally soft and has soft spot for you. Though I don't pray or wish to marry a pastor.
I don't pray or wish to marry one . There are some certain things I can't do on my own now talk more of someone forcing or telling me to do them. stuffs like waking up in the middle of the night and shouting fire**** I prefer worshiping my God my own way and at my own time.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Idowuogbo(f): 9:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Omo i can't ooo.... just imagine make me and my darling dey reproduce inside my boudoir; and it don remain small wey me go shout hallelujah say big daddy don score, then suddenly his phone rings and na one church member wey no sabi read the book of psalms to fire the spiritual husband wey dey r@pe am inside dream, e go take the grace of God if I no strangle that woman if I jam am for church oo... angry

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2014
Idowuogbo: Omo i can't ooo.... just imagine make me my darling dey reproduce inside my boudoir; and it don remain small wey me go shout hallelujah say big daddy don score, then suddenly his phone rings and na one church member wey no sabi read the book of psalms to fire the spiritual husband wey dey r@pe am inside dream, e go take the grace of God if I no strangle that woman if I jam am for church oo... angry
Hahahahahhahahahahh

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by rattlesnake(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2014
U can't marry a pastor
U rather marry a man
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2014
Its still a blessing on the long run

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by ayorins(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2014
akitijackson: Somtyms I wonder nd I get mixed feelings abt it. I knw it's a gud thing getting married to a pastor, bt it feels like being in a cage.

Its not like a cage...... Its just a responsibility

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by angela98(f): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2014
Marrying a pastor will mean marrying
a talk active, Mr know all, Mr the lord said, Mr the bible said, Mr noise maker in the name of prayer, Mr pretender, Mr family crises councilor wannabe, Mr constantly dressing in suit and tie, Mr unromantic and boring, Mr living on handouts from church members contributions. And for the wife, u can't wear bikini at the beach, u can't watch Nigeria movies with tonto in it, only Gods channel. Too many restrictions. Well marrying a pastor is neither curse nor blessing its a gross inconvenience. smiley

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by ceo003: 9:58am On Jul 20, 2014
===================>>> hello friends check these out. click the link below https://www.nairaland.com/1795922/4-mega-money-yielding-businesses
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by acada111(f): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2014
Me I can't o. The trial and temptations ehn :-
Constant battle with witches, wizards and the lot. Even d demon wey de waka him own pass go like take una take do rehearsal cheesy
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Eisenhower(m): 10:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Yet it's the same ladies that'll be clamouring for husband that fear God but don't want to marrying a pastor.
Funny and confuse species.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Eisenhower(m): 10:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Yet it's the same ladies that'll be clamouring for husband that fear God but don't want to marry a pastor.
Funny and confuse species.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by jennylove7575(f): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2014
angela98: Marrying a pastor will mean marrying
a talk active, Mr know all, Mr the lord said, Mr the bible said, Mr noise maker in the name of prayer, Mr pretender, Mr family crises councilor wannabe, Mr constantly dressing in suit and tie, Mr unromantic and boring, Mr living on handouts from church members contributions. And for the wife, u can't wear bikini at the beach, u can't watch Nigeria movies with tonto in it, only Gods channel. Too many restrictions. Well marrying a pastor is neither curse nor blessing its a gross inconvenience. smiley
gross inconvenience indeed. If u marry a pastor just kiss goodbye to romance. If I marry the pastor Becos of his wealth, I must get lovers. Can't tie mesef in boring marriage.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by rhemal: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2014
on issue of marriage, profession has nothing to do or add to it. it is all about a man and a woman who respect and love each other.
@op,it is both blessing and curse cos life itself is not all about smooth sail and hitch free.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by lastpage: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Its a blessing in so many ways!

*First, you get all sort of morons who can be your parents, kneeling down for you and calling you "Mummy P" (P for Pastor!)

*Secondly, you get an undeserved "POLITICAL appointment" within the Church! A.K.A "women Leader"!! shocked shocked

*Thirdly, you get to suddenly become a "business icon" as part of the church assets acquired with members contribution, is registered in your name (initially as 'Chair-woman' of Governing body but later, behind anyone's knowledge, as C.E.O and eventual owner)...e.g Church's Crèche, Nursery and Primary schools

But most importantly, you get "direct access" to the looting and further impoverishment of already poor church members.
After-all, you are the one controlling the Pastor himself, he knows this and he will not anger you less you "expose" his shennanigans! wink wink

Walahi, if l be woman, na Naija Pentecostal Pastor l will loff forever!

God forbid, Catholic Pastor (Father?)....... Not so "sharp" like Pentecostal Pastor ..and may likely be a Peodophile! wink wink

Lastpage!

BTW: The thief and the "keeper" of the stolen goods/loot, are both thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Ishilove: 11:14am On Jul 20, 2014
Idowuogbo: Omo i can't ooo.... just imagine make me and my darling dey reproduce inside my boudoir; and it don remain small wey me go shout hallelujah say big daddy don score, then suddenly his phone rings and na one church member wey no sabi read the book of psalms to fire the spiritual husband wey dey r@pe am inside dream, e go take the grace of God if I no strangle that woman if I jam am for church oo... angry
@bolded, lmao! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell / self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome / Join Whatsapp Group Where Latest Gospel Music Is Shared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.