Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26332 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
other
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Divepen: Dedicated to edwife,firestar,Michaellegend,ijbeauty,pwettyolly,dammygoody,Coolval22com,hassan85
Chapter One

She looked at the building, and smiled at a joke that came to her mind:
Why do people call a house that is completed,a building?
She wondered why it is still a building,when it has already been built.
She admired the structure of the bungalow, it was classy.Even, the flowers placed outside the building were very conspicous, she felt like packing them to the room she share with Patricia,her friend.
She knocked again at the gate for the umpteen time, the air was cold,she made sure she did not move near the gate nor the flowers,they were all wet.
While she waited for a response, she wondered how she got the job.
'Yes?' A throaty male voice shouted from within the building.' Yes, who 'be' that?'
'Good morning',she shouted as she tried to move back a little so as to face the person coming.
'Ehn?',the gateman opened the brown gate slightly,and brought out his neck.
'Good Morning,I want to see Madam'.
'Why you wan see am',he asked with a northern accent.
'I just got a job here'.
'Ohhhhh!!! Welcome'
'Thank you'.
'You no wan sleep for house at all'.
She laughed.
'No oo', she said smiling,'you know sey today na my first day for here, I no suppose use bad thing start today.'
'Na so', the gateman mouthed,pronouncing the 'so' as 'tcho'.
She entered the building and met a lady, whose table show she is a secretary.
'Good morning', she greeted the secretary,who-seems to have just arrived-is arranging some files.
'Good morning',she said as she looked up from the files she was regret. She could noticed that the secretary's hand was still arranging some files.
'I would like to see the Manager'.
'What for?'
'I just got a job here'.
'Oh! Congratulation!!',said the secretary as she stretched her hand to towards to shake her.
'Please, you have to wait a bit,she will soon be here'.
'Thank you very much'.
As she stared admirably at the brown-coated room, she shaked her head in admiration for the owner of the company. After sitting on one of the sofa in the secretary office,she began fantasizing her meeting with the Managing Director,and was wetting her lips.
She sat there wondering what she was to do neither does she know what her work entails, all she knows is that she will be a marketer.
Marketer for what?
She smiled as she remember the occurence of the day of the interview, they were not asking the type of questions other companies do ask.Questions such as; what are your plans for our company, What are your weaknesses?
There, they went deeper;when was the saddest day of your life e.t.c.
She quickly search her heart,as she tried to remember the saddest day of her life.
She heard a car driving into the company compound, and sat straight, straighten her skirk, smlied and use her hands to brush her hair. She, suddenly, could not sit still.
An elegant woman entered into the room, her vanilla spice perfume caught the attention of noses.Even, Her dress protrayed riches, it was a blue lace,sewn into a long gown.Her jewelries, shoes, and handbag were all made with gold.
'Good morning,ma',the secretary greeted her.
'Good morning, namesake',the woman said with a very bright smile,'how was your night?'
'It was great, yours?'
'oh! It was great.'
'Thanks for yesternight,ma.'
' Oh! You are welcome'.
'I never knew Micheal was so jovial'.
'Don't mind the naughty boy;He is always naughty whenever he is away from his homezone'.
The secretary laughed heartily.
' Please, bring me my schedule for today',the woman said as she turned to leave the room toward another room that have its door closed,
'I hope that Mrs. Chukwudi will not come today'.
The secretary looked at a book and smiled,
'No,ma,she will be coming tomorrow.'
'O better,'She said as she picked her key which she dropped on the secretary's big brown desk the moment she entered the office.
'Ma'.
'Yes?' the woman asked, turning.
'The lady over there said she just got a job here and has been waiting for you to arrive'.
The woman turned towards her with a flushed appearance.
' Who can it be than the most wanted Lady in the world of ladies.'
This surprised both her and the secretary.
'Peace Madojutimi'.
Peace and the secretary looked at themselve in surprise.
blusing! Thanks for d recognition o. Bles u. Plus ds update eh, Its vry nice. Keeps one dreaming and Hoping to be ds fortunate. At least at ds juncture. Kudos hehe na me be 1st to comment o! Honored too

2 Likes

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Me likey! I love the way u introduced this.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by pwettyolly(f): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thank you am blushing

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by toykathy(f): 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Divepen:
You are welcome...
I will make sure I cook on time.

i'm salivating, thz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Michaellegend(m): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boss mi divepen, Thanks for d dedication...
more ink to ur pen.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by toykathy(f): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
So sweet of u dearie, thz 4d recognition. I'm honoured.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Divepen:
Welcome sire
This is an oga sired by many lords
lol.....thanks for the dedication sir,
very nice update.....
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by gorgeousnogo(f): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
OMG... This is truly beautiful. D story must be awesome *runs to buy popcorn*. Cant wait to start reading.... #Thanks alot 4 d dedication
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
hassan85: blusing! Thanks for d recognition o. Bles u. Plus ds update eh, Its vry nice. Keeps one dreaming and Hoping to be ds fortunate. At least at ds juncture. Kudos hehe na me be 1st to comment o! Honored too
Oga na uooo
Thanx for dat
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
toykathy: So sweet of u dearie, thz 4d recognition. I'm honoured.
U r welcome

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
dammygoody: lol.....thanks for the dedication sir,
very nice update.....
Thanx oga mi
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
gorgeousnogo: OMG... This is truly beautiful. D story must be awesome *runs to buy popcorn*. Cant wait to start reading.... #Thanks alot 4 d dedication
U r welcome and tanx ..abeg help me too get chin chin because I don stop popcorn
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Michaellegend: Boss mi divepen, Thanks for d dedication...
more ink to ur pen.
tanz boss
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thank you Divepen for inviting me, I feel honoured. Am already into this story, pls ride on.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Odward(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Oya i yaff show.....sammyhoe where art thou#following
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by edwife(f): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Beautiful piece you got here,interesting.... cheesy
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
Iolite: Thank you Divepen for inviting me, I feel honoured. Am already into this story, pls ride on.
Tanx oga mi...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
edwife: Beautiful piece you got here,interesting.... cheesy

tankz

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Odward: Oya i yaff show.....sammyhoe where art thou#following

My True Nephew(MTN), I shall follow you EVERYWHERE YOU GO...even UNDER THE TABLE self grin

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Divepen: In life we miss many legality in what we do, do we agree we are optionless.
Sometimes we get works like Dygeasy's the Job,
sometimes we have relunctant Bride( Tiffanyj),
Sometimes people have to spend their honeymoon in prison( Sammy hoe),
What will you do if a gun is pointed at your end?
According to Harvey in the film, the Suits, he said 'there are more than 300 ways to escape the gun pointed at ones head'.You dont need to shout take my things, take my women(Harddon)
Do we need to continue living under the table?
NO.
Let us Haunt the person's feeling(Firestar).
Or do we give up and say Good night(spiceyeve) or should one hide under religion and be in love with a priest(Spiceyeve).
My brother, everyone is a genious(Sammy hoe), so we need to look for a way to turn people's heart to a heart of a woman(coolval22com), play a game of love on people's heart(Temitope Daniels).
Get a life(safarigirl), by thinking like a complete assassin because life is a battle for power(D9ty7). Stop living under the table, I understand everybody want to call someone their own(Tiffanyj).
Even,if the world is going to end(Royver) or there is a roaring trouble overnight and we have 7 hours before dawn(tmx21), remember that life is full of Love and blood.

We cant keep on living under the table. Let us live outside the box...
I welcome you all, especially Ebi awon Genious.

Hassan85, Ifude, heemah,LyndaRoyce, meeteemzy, edwife, vblinks, Ummuja, A.J Gold, Ngraced, Adegoke623, ADDUKY, Kingphilip,divepen, Lanicky, Toykathy, Jasmine 2013, chariepet, Jeffrey James, Xtarxyne, Queen xstar, Beevann, mamaav, orirebaby, ijbeauty, gorgeousnogo, Ice4jez, bawelat, Diamonddamsel, epathra, demgirls, Oluchikeh, tosinmoxy, Cpblessed, gracile, harmless Phil, Akejujoe, pwettyolly, miss universe, Iolite, Ethel307, hnkan, Jjrhymez, Gudsyd, joizy, winninght, ashtonpicky245, teecute, eniodun26, Temmytayo20, seyi Jayden, kkjoy, princeAdepoju, radiance, vonn, lilipet, zeb04, Sweetcarrot, princessusan, paradise163, Abuklaw, iphie17, mariammi, Jaymomma, Babyzai, Cscl4G, Christabel, Lahrra, prettymisi, Hyfe, jiteshell, molarawaju, benibank, science4meAkinkudin, Faithgokz, Zeenab, Talk2riel, Mohammad11, Okem09,
01emek, Omortolah, Lorlaahlozz, Igwechosen, Kingo23, Odward, Bishop Kay,
MunAKeyz, Helensharpay, Damex333, Karev wite, Ludaloolo, Luckidoc,
Comsoy, Cho25bc, Dammygoody, Aytuns, Dareezyn, Michaellegend, Monsurx,
Bertadayz, Hoyhebhukhunmy, Pammusphy, Ohibenemma, Chukwusi, Winie,
Candy, LogoDwhiz, ChantelO, Gendebs, Akah.P, Temitope Daniel,
Kingphilip,divepen, Leofish92, Mcgizx, PrinceAdepoju, Emanuel1997,
Smithsammy, Bookhy, Folzz, JesusPrince, Study4christ, Man4LordJesus,
Chimez4christ, 3Dimension,

wow.. This is awesome..
Welldone bro.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:16am On Jul 08, 2014
Divepen:
I welcome you all, especially Ebi awon Genius.

Hassan85, Ifude, heemah,LyndaRoyce, meeteemzy, edwife, vblinks, Ummuja, A.J Gold, Ngraced, Adegoke623, ADDUKY, Kingphilip,divepen, Lanicky, Toykathy, Jasmine 2013, chariepet, Jeffrey James, Xtarxyne, Queen xstar, Beevann, mamaav, orirebaby, ijbeauty, gorgeousnogo, Ice4jez, bawelat, Diamonddamsel, epathra, demgirls, Oluchikeh, tosinmoxy, Cpblessed, gracile, harmless Phil, Akejujoe, pwettyolly, miss universe, Iolite, Ethel307, hnkan, Jjrhymez, Gudsyd, joizy, winninght, ashtonpicky245, teecute, eniodun26, Temmytayo20, seyi Jayden, kkjoy, princeAdepoju, radiance, vonn, lilipet, zeb04, Sweetcarrot, princessusan, paradise163, Abuklaw, iphie17, mariammi, Jaymomma, Babyzai, Cscl4G, Christabel, Lahrra, prettymisi, Hyfe, jiteshell, molarawaju, benibank, science4meAkinkudin, Faithgokz, Zeenab, Talk2riel, Mohammad11, Okem09,
01emek, Omortolah, Lorlaahlozz, Igwechosen, Kingo23, Odward, Bishop Kay,
MunAKeyz, Helensharpay, Damex333, Karev wite, Ludaloolo, Luckidoc,
Comsoy, Cho25bc, Dammygoody, Aytuns, Dareezyn, Michaellegend, Monsurx,
Bertadayz, Hoyhebhukhunmy, Pammusphy, Ohibenemma, Chukwusi, Winie,
Candy, LogoDwhiz, ChantelO, Gendebs, Akah.P, Temitope Daniel,
Kingphilip,divepen, Leofish92, Mcgizx, PrinceAdepoju, Emanuel1997,
Smithsammy, Bookhy, Folzz, JesusPrince, Study4christ, Man4LordJesus,
Chimez4christ, 3Dimension,
*miraculously appears on thread* GBAM!!!

Ti a ba pe ori akoni, a fi ida la ile gaaraga!!

thank God I'm not late, I'm just gonna get late to being late!! grin

*checks under the threads table, searching...*
*raises my voice and shout*

abeg who see something under this table ooo??!!
who help me see life here na?
...but Divepen said it's here now, so where is it??!!

abeg, did anybody help me see Life Under this Table!!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:19am On Jul 08, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: *miraculously appears on thread* GBAM!!!

*whispers to Divepen's right ear*

I forgot to tell you I like the beginning of the story, sir.
...please, don't tell anybody that your story is great ooo, very very..

#following cheesy

*draws back his ear*
That's All!!! grin
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by heemah(f): 4:56am On Jul 08, 2014
So av been missing something great here. Following patiently. Permit me to call my partner, demmy66.. Where art thou Demmy! !! Don't say I didn't invite you..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Sugarbabekemi(f): 5:19am On Jul 08, 2014
Nice one, definitely following...

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe:

My True Nephew(MTN), I shall follow you EVERYWHERE YOU GO...even UNDER THE TABLE self grin
oga sammy hoe,welcome ooo
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 08, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

wow.. This is awesome..
Welldone bro.
wink
Tanz bozz mi
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 08, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: *miraculously appears on thread* GBAM!!!

I said it too...How will this people see it
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 08, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: *whispers to Divepen's right ear*

I forgot to tell you I like the beginning of the story, sir.
...please, don't tell anybody that your story is great ooo, very very..

#following cheesy

*draws back his ear*
That's All!!! grin
Ahahn how u take know say na my rait ear loud pass...
Thanx boss
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2014
heemah: So av been missing something great here. Following patiently. Permit me to call my partner, demmy66.. Where art thou Demmy! !! Don't say I didn't invite you..
great thanx..especially for ur patience
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2014
Sugarbabekemi: Nice one, definitely following...
welucomu ma
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by mohammad11: 6:14am On Jul 08, 2014
N'w f'wng... For the first time, hope it'll be worth f'wng. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Diary Of A Stingy Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.