Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (27072 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Just4yhu(f): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Tnks for the dedication divepen...just wish i cld also post long episodes buh i just couldnt
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Just4yhu: Tnks for the dedication divepen...just wish i cld also post long episodes buh i just couldnt
You can do it...
If you are using a phone...
It sould take up to 5000 space ..so take your time to write...
When ppl correct somthn i what you write...It helps you not to do a next time...Maybe you thought that was the way it was done but some people do not just like it...
So that builds you
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
I'm using this medium to thank everyone that casted a vote for me @ https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1804027
Oga Sammyhoe
TiffanyJ- my oga @ d top
Redhi
Ibrahimma
Elantracey
and Iolite..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 18, 2014
Dedicated to those that took their time to vote for me.

Chapter 19b
Peace stared at the table, with a pen fixed between her teeth as she wondered how she would get the password.
Then, an idea struck her. She smiled as she remembered her favourite character, Alexandra, in the movies 'Xena', who was really a good character to emulate; one who had enough tactics, and was able to escape giant, and other things with her mouth, brain, and confidence.
She went to Bimpe's office with a lighthead.
'Well done, ma', she said, all of her senses heightened. She heard every of the instruments playing the high-life music Bimpe was listening to. High-life music has now become a blood in Bimpe's veins, there was no day she would not listen to it. Even, Peace have now begin to have a strange liking for it, that she now sings most of them unconciously; in fact, she knows most of their lyrics. Bimpe was not resisted to any particular genre; she listened to gospel, traditional, secular e.t.c
Today, she was listening to Baba mbe by Erujeje, Peace joined Bimpe in appreciating the song after she listened to the comedy of the singer, Erujeje, where he was correcting singers' diction. She always laughed whenever she remembers what he said about Teacher and student. The student was beaten at school,so, he went to call his father, who was annoyed at the teacher for beating his child; when the Father got to the school, the teacher told him the boy cannot spell some words. Out of anger, the father ask ed the teacher if he can spell anything, of which teacher affrimed. Then, the father hissed, 'tshiu', and requested that the teacher spell it.
Today, although, the volume of the player was low, she could still pick out everyword.
' Eh eh oba wa,
ah ah ah Oba wa', she hummed, trying not to rush into what she came for.
' Thank you!' Bimpe replied, going back to her work.
' Hope there is nothing for me to do for you?'.
' Nothing...', Bimpe replied again, she lit up her face, 'Yes...there is. Please, you have to go to Madam's house now, to bring her laptop'.
Peace laughed internally, making some puff of air escape through her nose, when Bimpe mentioned Madam, do they still think she does not know her name.
'Oh! You want to use it here?'
'Yes...'
'I like the way you and Madam are so close that she can even give you her password'.
She noticed Bimpe, who was going back to face what she was updating, suddenly raised up her head. She picked her phone and dialled Paula's number.
Peace knew that Bimpe was always behaving like an old woman whenever it comes to making calls, she likes putting the phone on speaker. So, when Bimpe started calling, she moved away for it to look as if she was looking at some picture for Bimpe not to change her mind, and put the call on 'Handheld'.
'Grnnnn', the phone rang at the other end once, twice,thrice- it was cut short.
'Hello', she heard Paula's voice clearly from the phone.
' hello', Bimpe started, 'What is your password? I almost forgot about it'.
' My name.'
'No, I mean your password'.
'That's what I was saying, my name'.
'that's great...Hope it is not to be capitalised?'
' It is not, you can use it anyhow'.
' I'm sending Peace to you, now'.
'That's good'..
Peace understood the rest from there. She got out almost jumping, but she dared not do any foolish thing lest Bimpe suspect something which she did not love her to.
With that she took her car out of the building of Arowolo street, Arowolo could not be called a street but a close, even though it was not actually a close, it might be referred to as a close, the end of the street is bounded by a bush. She started playing a song, an indian clip from the film 'Anjani Anjana', where Ranbir Kapoor, and Priyanka Chopra were the main actors.
She loves listening to indian song whenever she wants to plan. Since, she does not know the meaning of the songs, she knows she would not think on the lyrics.
The moment she get the, she was going to copy everything on it into some new cds in her car that she can use.
She was ready to find her child, her child of ten years.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 18, 2014
*Just thinking*
Mr Seun, Why is there no link to other stories on this page like other stories
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by TiffanyJ(f): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Divepen: I'm using this medium to thank everyone that casted a vote for me @ https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1804027
Oga Sammyhoe
TiffanyJ- my oga @ d top
Redhi
Ibrahimma
Elantracey
and Iolite..
you deserve it sir. How are you doing? It just occured to me that i hardly follow your work. I will see to it
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by princesssusan(f): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kudos!! Sir kip it up d lord is ur marrow
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
TiffanyJ:
you deserve it sir. How are you doing? It just occured to me that i hardly follow your work. I will see to it
Thanx in advance

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
princesssusan: Kudos!! Sir kip it up d lord is ur marrow
Thanx ma...and amen
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 20, 2014
I am sorry i have not been able to update because we moving towards exam period; in fact, we are to write 4 major test this week.
In light of this, I might find it hard to update long post but I hope you will endure with me for the main time
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Dedicated to Horluwahighdee, yeamesee, missuniverse, princesssusan, jaybiz007, Affable0709,saintbeejay, eunisam,
Olusharp, faithgokz,Joyicy, larride, Justeenaleo, uchennamani, Abuklaw, trusted, alicapapaya,capip120
Chapter 20

Peace suddenly had a change of plan.
After she got the laptop from Paula, she had done exactly as she had planned- she had started copying every files on the system but things changed, as her phone rang.
' Hello darling,' she said into the mouthpiece as soon as she picked the call. Sylvester had been able to penetrate her wall of resistance, she was, now, able to switch her affair from Ayo to Sylvester.
It was sylvester calling.
'Hello, Honey', he replied, 'how are you?'
' I'm good'...
'Are you free now, because I just wish to see you'.
'Well I'm at Ajegunle road... You know where it is now?'.
'Behind that Ajib Petrol Station?'
'Ehnnn... Yes'.
' I will be taking you for a lunch', he declared, suddenly.
' uhn!!!', she choked, and moaned in desire to have lunch with him, which is against the urge to go on with her business.
'Okay', she announced after a pause of about 10 seconds.
She decided to call Bimpe that her car broke down, and is currently being fixed by a mechanic.
With that she went to meet Sylvester, had a good time with him- they talked,joked and made plans. Then, she returned to the company.
She was always ready to give an answer for every question, and this helped her today, as she told Bimpe high and low story of what happened on the road.
She wanted to see the content of the cd immediately, so she returned quickly to her office. In order to avoid disturbance, she turned the page of the some leaflet that had been glued to the door of her office which had been made for others to know if the occupant of the office was around. 'Seriously Busy, Don't Disturb'. Then, she locked the door of her office from the back, brought out her laptop, and inserted the Cd.
She sat on the chair, shaking her legs, tapping her fingers on the table and shaking her teeth. She was happy she went to eat with Sylvester, she would not have finished copying the files on the laptop, because after her lunch with Sylvester she met the Cd still copying, and it stopped copying when she got to the fourth streets from Arowolo street.
When the Cd opened, the first thing she saw surprised her, it was titled 'My Past' but she decided to search for baby's video.
''Kwo! Kwo!! Kwo!!!'' the knock was higher than the voice of her pumping-heart.
Swiftly, she logged out of her laptop, rushed to the door, opened it to face a worried Bimpe.
' What happened to your phone', Bimpe asked, her face still wrinkled.
'My phone?', Peace asked rhetorically, looked towards her table which was adjacent the window.
'My phone??' she asked again, looking about in the office.
' I must have dropped it in the car', she blurted out after she could not find it.
' I think we have invited trouble', Bimpe declared, her face distorted.
Peace head went dry, blank, white, black, blue, then back to black, and finally red.
'Trouble'.
'Come to my office'.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by eunisam: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2014
wow! Where have i been that i haven't seen this story.Divepen more divine ink to ur divinepen.approved! carry go.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 20, 2014
eunisam: wow! Where have i been that i haven't seen this story.Divepen more divine ink to ur divinepen.approved! carry go.
thanx boss
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by hassan85(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2014
I said it before dt all ds steps she was taking are not meticulous enough... nau Am afraid for d company.. time will tell sha. Following... Weldon
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2014
hassan85: I said it before dt all ds steps she was taking are not meticulous enough... nau Am afraid for d company.. time will tell sha. Following... Weldon
Oga thank you...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Olusharp(m): 10:01am On Aug 20, 2014
Divepen: .
boss nice story you have up here.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2014
Olusharp: boss nice story you have up here.
boss mi, you are welcome
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Temmytayo20(f): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Weldone sir!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by jaybiz007(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2014
great piece bruh @divepen
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2014
Thanx baba (Jaybiz007)
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by princesssusan(f): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
Divepen: Thanx baba (Jaybiz007)
Wow so gr8ful 4 d dedication divepen.
Hmmm trouble ke? Na wa o
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
princesssusan:
Wow so gr8ful 4 d dedication divepen.
Hmmm trouble ke? Na wa o
U r welcome...
Na so we see am
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lenmafon: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
@divepen, so u only acknowledge ur people those of us dat are not ur friends should not read ur story again abi? ok i don vex! mean while kudos u try. angry how exams?
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
sad haba more updates nau. Kai this suspense is killing. What has Peace done again?
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2014
lenmafon: @divepen, so u only acknowledge ur people those of us dat are not ur friends should not read ur story again abi? ok i don vex! mean while kudos u try. angry how exams?
I'm sorry..madam...
Don't vex...
Thanx for readin and *Spoking* your mind
Exam is still on the - starts tuesday
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2014
Iolite: sad haba more updates nau. Kai this suspense is killing. What has Peace done again?
*singing*
More is on the way...
More is on the way
oh oh oh oh oh
More is.....on the way..

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Babe2sure(f): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2014
Oga Divepen, just taken out time to read the updates.Well done! Keep it coming.....
What has Peace done again o? She has really had a checkered life. And, her dirty laundry is quite much.

BTW.......Your intro was superb.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Babe2sure:
Oga Divepen, just taken out time to read the updates.Well done! Keep it coming.....
What has Peace done again o? She has really had a checkered life. And, her dirty laundry is quite much.

BTW.......Your intro was superb.
Thanx mama...
As we go on ...Peace e t all might be revealed more
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Babe2sure(f): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Divepen:
Thanx mama...
As we go on ...Peace e t all might be revealed more

Ok.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by boladex1: 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
still following though the update its not long nor consistent but great work.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Boladex1...Don't vex...
I rush in some updates amidst school work...and would soon start updating it fully..
@ oluchikeh.. Thanx for checking it out
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Still following....
Well done sire..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper / REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / Home at last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.