Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage (45378 Views)

Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / 7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love / What Woman Should Know About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lordabas:

heard its because men say they love someone but still feel the urge to shåg another woman grin
Those kind of men are simply players. But there needs to be a referee to control the 'player instinct'.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by KingTom(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:
3. A Man Will Marry You If You Refuse Sex Till Marriage:

Like seriously! Na only you waka come? Na only you get toto? Puleeeze! A man doesn't marry just because he wants sex! He can get sex anywhere. You hear me so? Anywhere! It doesn't have to be from you! Let's even look at it this way, fine you hold out till marriage, after finally getting it after marriage what next? Is it your toto that will sustain the marriage? You must be a learner! I know some unhappily married women who married as virgins. I know some bad girls who married men most virgins dream of.
Like I said earlier, A man that wants to marry you will marry you.

True! True!
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
banega: Oh, okay smiley

smiley

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
Those kind of men are simply players. But there needs to be a referee to control the 'player instinct'.

Yeah. CFCfan how nau?

smiley
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Yeah. CFCfan how nau?

smiley
Body dey kampe. I'm on vacation from work cool

I now know your age wink
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Person no go hear word again!! See as guys de concur as if say dem go dash money gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
Body dey kampe. I'm on vacation from work cool

I now know your age wink

Lol. I will be 30 later this year. Wetin you wan take am do?

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Lol. I will be 30 later this year. Wetin you wan take am do?
Nothing. I just knew that I'm younger cheesy

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
Nothing. I just knew that I'm younger cheesy

Lol.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Lol.
I like cougars
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Like seriously the Op captured the interest of most men here in her write up but most of the claims are subjective.
There are no basis to categorically rule out the fact that some men,
1)Are only married to those whom they have passionate love to. Not all men are married to any lady cos of family or societal pressures. Again for those who married not necessarily for love there are chances that they'll come to love their wives(each other) after marriage(sometimes this is generally dependent on the character of the woman and man). This is possible cos marriage brings you both more closer and you come to share so many intimacy(this with the exclusion of sex includes knowing the secret person of the heart, and being endeared by these as they come to the fore)

2)I know that our generation mostly have a uniform way of thinking and responding to issues like this and as such might easily give up or dislike a hard to get lady. But the good news is that there are some crop of men out there that appreciates a lady and even love them the more after they had gone out of their way to get them. For them it's an aphrodisiac of a sort while to others it is a sign of good parenting(it is debatable though). Yes some guys like that exist!

3) The rule in two above generally applies to the third submission by the Op

4) This is usually seen among devout Christians and real gentlemen or I'd rather say men with an unbending policy. They may be in love with a certain sister/lady but out of respect for God/for the lady to whom they're in love with and or for their humble self have refused to lay down with them until their wedding night. It's not because our society have turned good to look like evil and vice versa that will make one make such submission without giving recurs to the good guys out there.

5) Need I say more on this. There are different characters of men Op. I might agree that they may be in the lesser number but they prefer good low key girls to the perceived wild or outgoing ones. Its a different stoke for different peeps.

Interesting read I must admit though.

14 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by traware(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
X

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
I like cougars

Pele.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by farano(f): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
KingTom:
True! True!
grin grin grin grin grin
I am telling you cheesy
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Pele.
Wetin happen?
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
IrishKez: Like seriously the Op captured the interest of most men here in her write up but most of the claims are subjective.
There are no basis to categorically rule out the fact that some men,
1)Are only married to those whom they have passionate love to. Not all men are married to any lady cos of family or societal pressures. Again for those who married not necessarily for love there are chances that they'll come to love their wives(each other) after marriage(sometimes this is generally dependent on the character of the woman and man). This is possible cos marriage brings you both more closer and you come to share so many intimacy(this with the exclusion of sex includes knowing the secret person of the heart, and being endeared by these as they come to the fore)

2)I know that our generation mostly have a uniform way of thinking and responding to issues like this and as such might easily give up or dislike a hard to get lady. But the good news is that there are some crop of men out there that appreciates a lady and even love them the more after they had gone out of their way to get them. For them it's an aphrodisiac of a sort while to others it is a sign of good parenting(it is debatable though). Yes some guys like that exist!

3) The rule in two above generally applies to the third submission by the Op

4) This is usually seen among devout Christians and real gentlemen or I'd rather say men with an unbending policy. They may be in love with a certain sister/lady but out of respect for God/for the lady to whom they're in love with and or for their humble self have refused to lay down with them until their wedding night. It's not because our society have turned good to look like evil and vice versa that will make one make such submission without giving recurs to the good guys out there.

5) Need I say more on this. There are different characters of men Op. I might agree that they may be in the lesser number but they prefer good low key girls to the perceived wild or outgoing ones. Its a different stoke for different peeps.

Interesting read I must admit though.

You misunderstood me.

5 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
Wetin happen?

I don't do cubs and I'm taken.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You misunderstood me.

Maybe or maybe not

All am saying is that those things your mum told you that you felt are out of date or not entirely to be taken at face value now worked for them then during their time and still are remotely applicable even now. The only thing that changed is the thinking and the reasoning ability of people in our time which are largely influenced by modernization, advent of technology, education etc

7 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I don't do cubs and I'm taken.
Noted. But do you do puppies and kittens?

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
Noted. But do you do puppies and kittens?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
IrishKez:
Maybe or maybe not

All am saying is that those things your mum told you that you felt are out of date or not entirely to be taken at face value now worked for them then during their time and still are remotely applicable even now. The only thing that changed is the thinking and the reasoning ability of people in our time which are largely influenced by modernization, advent of technology, education etc

The summary of my sermon is this; whether you be Holy Mary, whether you be Mother Theresa, whether you be Kate Middleton, whether you be Patience Jonathan, whether you be Marilyn Monroe, the man that will love you will love you. The man that wants to marry you will marry you regardless.

9 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by KingTom(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
miztola: Person no go hear word again!! See as guys de concur as if say dem go dash money gringrin
She speak our mind joor! Bitterlemon you don try ehn! I troway salute grin

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lolz for the guys

Heard ya sweetlemon babe
Peace
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
slap1: Whatever. I have choice... I'm not a dog.
Wu sd u r a dog
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by PedroJP(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:
Sex is not love, but love has a lot to do with sex. You can have sex with someone without loving that person, but you cannot love someone without wanting to have sex.

Billboards on the streets should have this boldly written on'em. Oh !! Wat a plain truth

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ok... We haf hear... Buh we can't all go around making decisions based on what guys want...

3 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by LaurelP(m): 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
I don't believe that if a man doesn't make sexual advances at a lady, something is wrong with him

4 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
LaurelP: I don't believe that if a man doesn't make sexual advances at a lady, something is wrong with him

Mind you, not just any lady. I mean a lady he has interest in.

5 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Mind you, not just any lady. I mean a lady he has interest in.
He has to have an erec'tion

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
CFCfan:
He has to have an erec'tion

Something like that.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Lenzz(m): 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
zeb04: Very intresting read altho I doubt the write up covers the whole thinking system of every guy.

It would be easier to believe these but I know you havnt dated round the world. Nice write up anyways and it cracked me up a litl.

Trust me sweetlemon just dished very classified notes up there. It pretty much covers the whole thinking system of every guy. Take it from me; This is as real as it gets. I was just nodding my head d entire time. Infact I doubt her gender status as she clearly knows d inner workings of a man's mind more than most men. But credits where its due; I think it comes down to her maturity and experience.

I'm seeing someone who means the world to me. But somehow this piece has summarily profiled her person. She's a conservative by every sense of that word. She's 25, a virgin (never dated onee my whole damn life), a christian to a fault (more like a church person cos she's in almost all units in church!), laid back, uninformed nd boring in terms of her romantic prowess each time we 'manage' to make out (mostly kissing nd smooching cry). Its been her rules all the way this whole 14months. Considering my history, that's a huge compromise. Being a virgin, it automatically follows that there won't be any couchie for ds homie till you know when. She thinks she's got me figured nd all but has no idea where av been, the women av had in my life, the things I'm capable of. I mean at her rate, 5yrs from now assuming we get married like I intend to, there's a good chance one of us will be asleep while we're (eventually) having the 'almighty' sex. What's more? There's a good chance it will be in missionary position! cry angry

Nonetheless She's an insanely cute nice girl with a good heart nd I intend to follow thru with certain "well intentioned ideas" but all ds drama of reliving the life of Mother Theresa (who meanwhile died in 1630) for chastity sake is just stall nd unnecessary. What's yours will most definitely be yours.

That's all angry

10 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by zeb04(f): 12:02am On Jul 08, 2014
@mr lenz I get you.although not so sure about the op's post but concering your gal,everyone was once a virgin even the most experience one were once virgins but they learnt and teaching is fun esp when it is out of love. Lol and how can you know what wil happen 5yrs time.

wink I have this nasty thought that in five years time,you would be the one suffering from exhaustion because of too much kpecus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lovely Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nigerian Soldier And His Fiancee. (Photos) / Guys, Can You Marry/date A Hairy Lady? / What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.