Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,023 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? (2331 Views)

The Difference Between B.tech And B.sc In Civil Service / [help] B.Sc, B.Sc(ED) And B.ED certificate discrimination in Nigeria / RIVERS STATE POLYTECHNIC BORI, HND AND PRE-ND FORM 2010-2011 SESSION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Onyefoto: 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
we were in the lecture hall today,when our H.O.D and Asup chairman of our school (Akanu ibiam fed poly,unwana),who was of the opinion that he can't step into a lecture hall came in,while he was talking to us he said that the reason why he was in class today was because B.SC AND HND DICHOTOMY HAS BEEN RESOLVED AND THEY ARE NOW EQUAL, i have listened to radio,browsed but has not seen such news......pls do anyone has any news concerning this?
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by freelife4all(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
No, just seen this for the first time, even i have called lot of people, but non heared of such news. Find out from that HOD of your very well tommorow.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by inforesource: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Onyefoto: we were in the lecture hall today,when our H.O.D and Asup chairman of our school (Akanu ibiam fed poly,unwana),who was of the opinion that he can't step into a lecture hall came in,while he was talking to us he said that the reason why he was in class today was because B.SC AND HND DICHOTOMY HAS BEEN RESOLVED AND THEY ARE NOW EQUAL, i have listened to radio,browsed but has not seen such news......pls do anyone has any news concerning this?
Source
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Onyefoto: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
freelife4all: No, just seen this for the first time, even i have called lot of people, but non heared of such news. Find out from that HOD of your very well tommorow.
ok
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by kestolove95(m): 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Dump lecturer...if u want a B.sc,pls go to d university simple..d both can nevr b de same.

4 Likes

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Onyefoto: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
inforesource:
Source
did i tel u dat i read it,i was told......ok ok ok,d source is my ear....satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Onyefoto: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
kestolove95: Dump lecturer...if u want a B.sc,pls go to d university simple..d both can nevr b de same.
dont say it wit assurance
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Equilateral triangle ni! Shaki n shey bi ora!
Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Ojestas(m): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
thisisayus: Equilateral triangle ni! Shaki n shey bi ora!
Mtcheew.
LMAO. abi equitoral guinea!

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:32am On Jul 08, 2014
dumb post everywhere
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by tosyne2much(m): 12:37am On Jul 08, 2014
Y ar Bsc holders afraid of dis equality ? If not dat dey ar afraid of d challenges dey wld face, y do dey quickly pick offence and flare up in anger each tym dis issue arises

8 Likes

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 08, 2014
Even if the law made them equal,will the same law stop organisation from discrimination when choosing for vacancy, Hell no!

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Onyefoto: 4:43am On Jul 08, 2014
Yomieluv: Even if the law made them equal,will the same law stop organisation from discrimination when choosing for vacancy, Hell no!
u made a point but its just a foolish man dat doesnt no dat poly students are more trained.....sincerity.

2 Likes

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by RisMas(m): 5:51am On Jul 08, 2014
[size=16pt]Bro, Stop Deceiving Yourself, Telling Us HND & B.sc are now equal is tantamount to saying Nigerian Premier League and Spanish La li ga are now Equal. grin Abeg, who is fooling who? undecided undecided[/size]

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by ChiSun27(m): 5:59am On Jul 08, 2014
A proud product of d Poly...but my Uni counta parts still consult me for critical n editorial isuz.....so I'm proud to b a gr8 Polyt.

2 Likes

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by pendusky(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2014
RisMas: [size=16pt]Bro, Stop Deceiving Yourself, Telling Us HND & B.sc are now equal is tantamount to saying Nigerian Premier League and Spanish La li ga are now Equal. grin Abeg, who is fooling who? undecided undecided[/size]
no u wld have compare EPL to NPL grin
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2014
Onyefoto: u made a point but its just a foolish man dat doesnt no dat poly students are more trained.....sincerity.
that's true,funniest thing is that the govt was also part of the discrimination..eg-a different salary scale for Bsc,and HNd holders.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Microtee(m): 6:58am On Jul 08, 2014
Your H.O.D is giving you hope.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by inforesource: 6:59am On Jul 08, 2014
Onyefoto: did i tel u dat i read it,i was told......ok ok ok,d source is my ear....satisfied?
Lol! Hahaha. Give us the link to your ears
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Mobi47(m): 7:06am On Jul 08, 2014
see if U are seeking admission into any poly, you just need 159? Ask urself why. But if u want to enter a university you need atlist 180 some even demand 200 score on jamb. Uni nd poly is a different thing entirely.....can you compare the grading of 2nd class upper in d uni and that of the poly..... The 1st class student of the pol HND is equivelent to the 2nd class lower in the uni to be sincare. How can u be equating a 2nd class lower student from the poly.. HND, TO A second class lower student BSC. ... HMMM 1ST OR 2ND CLASS IN THE UNIVERSITY IS NOT BEANS O..... BUT IN POLY NA MOI MOI

4 Likes

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by DjAndroid: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2014
inforesource:
Source
you need medical attention.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Trendy247: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2014
Mobi47: can you compare the grading of 2nd class upper in d uni and that of the poly..... The 1st class student of the pol HND is equivelent to the 2nd class lower to be sincare. How can u be equating a 2nd class lower student from the poly.. HND, TO A second class lower student BSC. ... HMMM 1ST OR 2ND CLASS IN THE UNIVERSITY IS NOT BEANS O..... BUT IN POLY NA MOI MOI
SHUT DAT ANUS IN UR FACE!!! U don't knw anything
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by kcool2(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2014
Mobi47: see if are seeking admission into any poly, you just need 159? Ask urself why. But if u want to enter a university you need atlist 180 some even demand 200 score on jamb. Uni nd poly is a different thing entirely.....can you compare the grading of 2nd class upper in d uni and that of the poly..... The 1st class student of the pol HND is equivelent to the 2nd class lower to be sincare. How can u be equating a 2nd class lower student from the poly.. HND, TO A second class lower student BSC. ... HMMM 1ST OR 2ND CLASS IN THE UNIVERSITY IS NOT BEANS O..... BUT IN POLY NA MOI MOI
oboy,getting a second class in poly is really hard work.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by otokx(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2014
As usual poly graduates or students and their lecturers cannot comment on the different entry levels in JAMB. University 180 Polytechnics 150 and that is just an example of why they cannot be equal.

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Chaleeee: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2014
A diploma is not a degree. Check the meaning to both words in the dictionary.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by kayultimate(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2014
poly or university. That's doesn't decides the future

1 Like

Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Spainaman(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2014
There is no time both will not be equal cos polytechnic graduates are more exposed to the practical aspect of any field than the university graduates. There is this saying that "The Son of the King will soon sit on his father's Throne and thus make them equal" I remain loyal as a polytechnic graduate and am proud of it all day.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Mobi47(m): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2014
Trendy247:
SHUT DAT ANUS IN UR FACE!!! U don't knw anything

THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER.... THINK AM MY BRODA
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2014
The goverment can easily seat down at the comfort of abuja and make senseless policy pronouncements. But can Fg force the private sector to employ university and polytechnique grads and put them on thesame salary scale or thesame level? The govt should stop paying leap service to this issue and do the needful by doing the following as a matter of urgency.
1. Scrap the Hnd qualification. The National diploma should be redesigned to provide the needed middle level technical manpower.
2. Some polytechniques should be upgraded into full fledged universities offering b.tech degree's and an aggressive retraining of personel's of these polytechnique's should be embarked upon.
3. Those that already have the Hnd qualification should be made to undergo further training at universitie's and their certificate's upgraded to b.s.c or btech.
The bottom line is the goal's of polytechnique's should move away from institutions that provide's a silver lining to reject's from universities to school's that provide quality middle level technical manpower that will fast track the technological development of our dear country.
God bless Nigeria!
#Reski.
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by tosyne2much(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2014
Reski: The goverment can easily seat down at the comfort of abuja and make senseless policy pronouncements. But can Fg force the private sector to employ university and polytechnique grads and put them on thesame salary scale or thesame level? The govt should stop paying leap service to this issue and do the needful by doing the following as a matter of urgency.
1. Scrap the Hnd qualification. The National diploma should be redesigned to provide the needed middle level technical manpower.
2. Some polytechniques should be upgraded into full fledged universities offering b.tech degree's and an aggressive retraining of personel's of these polytechnique's should be embarked upon.
3. Those that already have the Hnd qualification should be made to undergo further training at universitie's and their certificate's upgraded to b.s.c or btech.
The bottom line is the goal's of polytechnique's should move away from institutions that provide's a silver lining to reject's from universities to school's that provide quality middle level technical manpower that will fast track the technological development of our dear country.
God bless Nigeria!
#Reski.
I love to hear wise ppl speak..... U r d wisest Bsc holder to comment on dis thread
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by jadajada: 11:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Even d Bsc holders, how many of them r gainfully employed? Where d work?
Re: Hnd And B.sc Are Now Equal? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 08, 2014
tosyne2much: I love to hear wise ppl speak..... U r d wisest Bsc holder to comment on dis thread
thanks am flattered. Am not a B.s.c holder . My b.tech is still in progress at a federal university.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can't Pronounce This Word. / International Baccalaureate Score. / 2018/2019 Admission Into College Of Health And Technology, Ijero Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.