Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. (1923 Views)

When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. / My Ugly Friend Is Desperate For A Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by manee2(m): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Am so confused. She's 19 and am 21 we've been dating for some months now and am proud to say she is the best among all i have ever dated. we love each other so dearly and am so so afraid to lose her. We haven't quarelled for once and i can remember vividly when she told me that the only thing that can ever make her break up with her love is when she complains of something important and he doesn't take it serious or snubs It. Now she wants to meet my parents she said she've never been in a relationship without being close to her boyfriend's dad and mum. The problem now is my dad doesn't support such he believes that any girl brought home or introduced to him should be for marriage which we all know is not possible at this age and mum supports him too. i don't know how to present this to her and am very sure she won't take that as an excuse and she's so anxious to meet them. Am so confused i dnt know what to do am afraid to lose her, can someone advice me pls. please we are in school already and focused, dont tell me to focus on my education it's my priority already. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Smartsyn(m): 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
I am confused too..

If the proposed 'leaders of 2moro' are thinking like this, then we should all be confused..

3 Likes

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by manee2(m): 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Smartsyn: I am confused too..

If the proposed 'leaders of 2moro' are thinking like this, then we should all be confused..
_ ahw are they thinking?
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Smartsyn: I am confused too..

lol! How can they be "Leaders of tommorow" when those old men in power are still fighting for sixth term? grin
sometimes i think my nursery teacher lied when he told me i was to be a leader of tommorow. Tommorow don pass tay tay o grin

7 Likes

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by or3gon: 12:08am On Jul 08, 2014
manee2: we love each other so dearly and am so so afraid to lose her ... ... Am so confused i dnt know what to do am afraid to lose her, can someone advice me pls. .
guy #my take# this your statement na big issue 4 me, just tell her point blank your papa & mama no dey gree 4 we kind relationship FULL STOP! or if u dey fear 2 lose her carry her go show your parent now, tell them say na d babe u wan marry b this cheesy

1 Like

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by fuckshit: 12:22am On Jul 08, 2014
FÜCKED UP Shi/t, your afraid to lose her, hope she loves you just the same way you love her? If not she'll FÜCK you up & you'll be FÜCKED

5 Likes

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Samtea1(m): 1:17am On Jul 08, 2014
First discuz it wit ur mum and let ur mum discuz it wit dad and dnt be afriad o u ar a man
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Dygeasy(m): 4:45am On Jul 08, 2014
Normally if you (a guy) take your girlfriend home, I don't think you're really gonna say

"Dad meet my girlfriend."

You can still take her home and she'll meet your parents.
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 08, 2014
This kind of girl self.

Take her home, tell your parents she came to borrow your textbooks. Then excuse your mum to her room and explain the situation, she will laugh and like you for confiding in her.

They may castigate you later but by then, you have pleased your babe.

The problem will arise when she(your babe) wants to repeat her visits...

Just keep clowning around.

Everything nah politics..

3 Likes

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by manee2(m): 6:34am On Jul 08, 2014
okparaugo: This kind of girl self.

Take her home, tell your parents she came to borrow your textbooks. Then excuse your mum to her room and explain the situation, she will laugh and like you for confiding in her.

They may castigate you later but by then, you have pleased your babe.

The problem will arise when she(your babe) wants to repeat her visits...

Just keep clowning around.

Everything nah politics..
_ TNX Bro
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 08, 2014
Introduce her as a friend to the family,then things can take shape later,if God allows it. let her understand your family's position on that. at 19,she should be concerned about her education,and not some rush rush relationship..
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 08, 2014
You say you are focused on studies but I think that's not true. Your focus I believe is more on this lady than your studies. Though you do not want this kind of advice but I believe at your age, your first love should be your books and any other thing that develops you as a human and get you better prepared for tomorrow.

Your fear of losing her only shows how vulnerable you are at the moment. I shyt you not when I say, you would probably have a hectic time preparing for any exam if this lady decides to leave you at a period close to your exams. This is not a good indication.

I believe you should try and depend less on her emotionally cause I sense that for now, your emotions are all entwined in her, such that if she leaves you will definitely break. I am not asking you to stop loving her but to start being a bit independent from her such that if she decides to go you would be able to recover fast.
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by dre11(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2014
Dygeasy: Normally if you (a guy) take your girlfriend home, I don't think you're really gonna say

"Dad meet my girlfriend."

You can still take her home and she'll meet your parents.

u just read mah mind.......
If u wan take her home........ u we introduce her as ur friend....

But, guy man.........wetin una sabi as love self
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by gee1992(f): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2014
Tell ha u dad n mum does nt support dat.
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
All these children that are supposed to face their studies be doing yeye love and down. If I slap your brain Op, your head go reset.
If you know you can buy diapers when she puts to bed then take her to see your father, if not go and face your books.

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by DocAdray(f): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hmmmm..

I'm just here to read comments...
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by martolux(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
@op, you are still young by d age stated; relationship should not be the priority now, rather, be a man of value....follow you instincts, don't let your emotion overpower you intuition; you cannot force people to stay, at the appointed time d right people would stay.
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Sanchez01: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
OP, I'll suggest you hold on. Don't fall for the pressure. According to you, you're are barely months together; it could be infatuation. And even if it isn't, there is still enough time for you. Sorry if this seem insultive, you're both quite young. Meeting your parents now does not mean you'd be getting married this year or the next. Girls, around her age, sometimes are blown into a frenzied state; particularly when they are just getting involved with issues that concern the heart. Trust me, it will pass with her. Don't succumb to the pressure.
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by Tvegas(m): 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
@poster
You are the desperate one, she obviously have you on a leash and will dump you whenever she feels like. You are not in control of this relationship and that's why she can insist on how you run things.

At her age she already have exes and is matured than you are. I don't have any advice for you and I wish you best of luck.
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by manee2(m): 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
But, guy man.........wetin una sabi as love self[/quote]... Wot do u think?
Re: She Is Desperate To Meet My Parents. by GoodFaith: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
teeo: All these children that are supposed to face their studies be doing yeye love and down. If I slap your brain Op, your head go reset.
If you know you can buy diapers when she puts to bed then take her to see your father, if not go and face your books.

Nonsense
You made my day
still laughing

(1) (Reply)

Shhhhhh / What Gift Can You Buy For Your Love Ones On Valentine's Day? / If A Lady Tells You That She Had A Child For Another Guy After Engagement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.