Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria (26750 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Networks In Nigeria (Reloaded) / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 4:46am On Jul 10, 2014
The OP is a bloody plagiarist. the original article was written here . . . .==============>[size=14pt] http://mobility.ng/4g-lte-networks-in-nigeria/[/size]
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by obitobe: 5:16am On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by great664(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Godwinsilas: Well i dont know about you guys
my downloading speed with Airtel 3G is upto 150kb/s i have downloaded file upto 22MB in less than a minute with Airtel 3G in Auchi.
it depends on †ђξ area u are in Auchi, Airtel is crap in my area but MTN is a okay everywhere
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

ur just a stupid fellow...continue with ur self contradictory paradox....ur too senseless for me to be wasting my time on u.

you are in PH and etisalat 3G downloads at 0.02kb/s...i bet useless airtel would do better than dat in my village. seems u don't even know d meaning of what ur saying.keep fooling ur family name "Ibietela" grin

So you want to go down that route? Alright then let's start.

You are a bastard, big foool..... Why not bring your sorry asss over here and see if you won't get this same thing. So everyone should go and live in Lagos? Animal
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:29am On Jul 10, 2014
kiddie:
hope this wld convice yah that speed small sef cos i was using a vpn so my speed is limited etibaba is the bomb and its hspa not 4g

You are in Lagos too?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:32am On Jul 10, 2014
biz2get:

Kindly explain "fast" from yuu own view!!!

I could remember back then of java phones... When we down files of just 300kb and we be like "damn this is fast"

Now everytin seems even slower.... And time moves faster....
Not until i get staedy 5mb /s i cant "fast" but manageable...

Thank you even if my Etisalat reach 300kb/s that is for just 3secs. And that foool thinks i dont know what am saying.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

yeah,I know grin

Never knew you are this stupiid and sillly, what did you gain from editing my post? So you mean i should not complain about my problems i am having but keep quiet and waste my money, time and effort? Dumbass.

You think its easy to wake up and watch your downloads from 12 to 3am? I pity the stuff you crawl out from.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by kiddie(m): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

You are in Lagos too?
yup

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2014
kiddie:
yup

You see.... And some dumbass nigga Mcbussy thinks he is wise and sillly.

Seems like those in Lagos that enjoys all this.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 10, 2014
lestat:

You bro I have heard same from everyone that smile is really fast!!!

Honestly is it that good?

Smile is very fast here in Ibadan. I burnt through 15g in three weeks.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by olumzzz(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Coldplay007: Spectranet na wash.. do not buy Spectranet if you like yourself, there services is bad and customer service is horrible...
They will do anything for you to buy there modem but after that, they don't give a d@mn...
Mami, u a fan of coldplay?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Never seen a Country where browsing speed depends on which area one lives.. 4G?? When 3G is like EDGE.. And coming to Airtel: AIRTEL | MIKEL | SNAILS | CODEINE all have something in common, they are all SLOW.. Airtel browsing experience will train any dude on Patience and Anger Management.. #Team_Etisalat..

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

I said 2.1MB/s not 2.1kb/s ....don't u know d difference?
Skilled crafty LIAR.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by dnawah(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2014
ayukdaboss: The small EDGE and 3G we're managing they haven't been able to give us excellent services. Which one is 4G again? Yeye People angry
well u go buy another phone(4G),if the one u have now is 3G.na him o
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by phiszo(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

dude do u believe eti reaches 2mb/s on 3.5G....its simple maths.calculate the possible volume u can download in 15mins @ d rate of 2mb/s.

even at 1.5mb/s...u'll download 90mb in 60 seconds. 90mb x 15mins = 1.35gb.

I am telling you,I get speeds of up to 2.5mb/s at nights in my area.but at other times,its stable between 1.6mb/s and 2mb/s...funny enuf,all dis is on my android phone and not even a modem.
Dude, there is a difference between mbps and MBps. Inaccurate maths you did there bro.

2 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by nani667: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2014
deejayharry1: define SUPER FAST ??

By super fast I mean as fast as my Swift 4G LTE wireless network ... Which I also use ✔
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by alVinHustle: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2014
With MTN 3G I have been able to achieve 6.3Mbps, but that is at a proximity of less than 50m from the BTS. So if 4G is at 7Mbps, it is not 4G.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by kelvincoll(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Well, Spectranet I know is able to do more than 2mbps, they just pegged that speed at that, possibly to conserve bandwidth and accommodate more customers on their network thereby more revenue.

I used Spectranet with they launch their 4G in the last quarter of last year and I got upto 21mbps, some cases 16mbps, my friends were doing 10mbps and co, at this time customers complain was much even my Barr uncle had to sue then for fraud stating this 15gb of data which usually last him 3weeks was exhausted in 5day grin. (same complains for users of Etisalat) I guess pple have to choose btw data volume and throughput.
A friend's office is on Spectranet's 4mbps business plan too and confirms he does about 3.7mbps. I'm yet to try Smile4G but would soon as some users say "Smile4G got me Smiling" wink

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lucarella: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2014
ednut1: let dem keep deceiving us o. in 2008 in uk. i downloaded 10 gig worth of video and songs from limewire. but dis yeye spectranet we use in my office is crap. 4g my foot. scammers

Bros, what is Spectranet nah. Smile is tha bomb! It's at par with the internet speeds in the UK.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lucarella: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

dude do u believe eti reaches 2mb/s on 3.5G....its simple maths.calculate the possible volume u can download in 15mins @ d rate of 2mb/s.

even at 1.5mb/s...u'll download 90mb in 60 seconds. 90mb x 15mins = 1.35gb.

I am telling you,I get speeds of up to 2.5mb/s at nights in my area.but at other times,its stable between 1.6mb/s and 2mb/s...funny enuf,all dis is on my android phone and not even a modem.

Bruv, bandwidth is measured in megabits and not megabytes. If eti shows you 2mbps, it doesn't mean when you download, you will get 2mbps. If you want to know the actual speed that you will download a file, divide their speed average by 8 because 8 bits = 1 byte.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lucarella: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2014
lestat:

Dafuq? I can't remember the last time I used such slow Internet!!!

At work I download at 750kpbs at home on my swift I used to get 950kpbs but recently swift is horrible all I get is 350 - 500kpbs

LOOL! You guys crack me up. 950kbps Really?? When I do constant speeds of 1.8 - 2Mbps on Smile 4G LTE.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lucarella: 9:55am On Jul 10, 2014
lestat:

You bro I have heard same from everyone that smile is really fast!!!

Honestly is it that good?

Bros, I have begged them to be their advocate many times. These Smile 4G guys are just too fast. Now I believe we have fast internet in Nigeria.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jdilight(m): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I use a spectranet in abuja... And its the bomb. There speed and customer care is superb.

I am afraid of recommending them to others least so many people come on board the network thereby making their service slow like they did to starcomms.

tongue I am that selfish. Please stay away from spectranet. Especially if you are in Abuja.

#MathewBriggs

You sound like a marketer of spectranet. Spectranet speed here in Lagos is nonsense.

The fastest I can stand for is Mobitel, but their after sales services is worst to non in the entire world.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2014
lucarella:

Bruv, bandwidth is measured in megabits and not megabytes. If eti shows you 2mbps, it doesn't mean when you download, you will get 2mbps. If you want to know the actual speed that you will download a file, divide their speed average by 8 because 8 bits = 1 byte.

hmmm....I am not talking about a modem on pc here.I am talking about my android phone o.

are u actually saying when I'm downloading at 2mb/s,it actually means I'm absorbing 250kb on my device every second?...cos 2,000,000bits divided by 8 as u said is 250,000bytes. if that's what u are saying bro,u are so so wrong grin

the UC browser on my phone displays it in this format 2mb/s and not 2mbps. and I am telling u that I download up to a 100mb between 1-2 mins,depending on d time of d day. if we're to go by ur claims, my device can only download 250kilo bytes in 1s when displaying 2mb/s. so it will never be possible to download 100mb in less than 7 mins at dat speed.

u guys make it sound like its impossible to get up to 2mbps on 3.5G when HSDPA specifications states that its capable of up to 21mbps.

i wasnt lying when i said i downloaded 2gb in 15mins.well,maybe I'll upload a screenshot of my next download for those of u dat can't understand my posts.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

So you want to go down that route? Alright then let's start.

You are a bastard, big foool..... Why not bring your sorry asss over here and see if you won't get this same thing. So everyone should go and live in Lagos? Animal

now who's d animal?....bloody creek militant.keep living on a river and be forming PH,mumu.as if I don't know peeps in PH.

nah only ur part of PH network no dey grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by dozymars(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2014
Smile Networks works fine. I use the Portable wireless mifi to give my phone, laptops internet service and i enjoy the speed.

I no longer subscribe for data on my mtn and airtel line as these networks have been inefficient on my andriod smart phones.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by olumuyiolaoluwa: 10:37am On Jul 10, 2014
ayukdaboss:

It's "helped" you dumb ret.arded Fool. You just came here to disgrace yourself. Mumu.
Bros cool, was jus being casual.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: Bros cool, was jus being casual.

U were being casual? undecided
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by akraym(m): 11:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I use a spectranet in abuja... And its the bomb. There speed and customer care is superb.

I am afraid of recommending them to others least so many people come on board the network thereby making their service slow like they did to starcomms.

tongue I am that selfish. Please stay away from spectranet. Especially if you are in Abuja.
#MathewBriggs
lame attempt. You are a spectranet agent. Tryna use trick to woo customers to them.

Peeps are wiser than you think
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by akraym(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:
i am a mumu in PH.

Mcbussy:

yeah,I know grin
grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Guy you go wicked for real life o. Why you edit the guy post na. Lwkmd grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by profjendor(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2014
dridowu: Am 100% sure your super fast is my own fast i.e it does not near my etisalat and multlinks fast. YES i mention multilinks
. Bros. Hw far nah........I get multilinks modem for lik 4yrs nw, I no dey see am use.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2014
akraym: lame attempt. You are a spectranet agent. Tryna use trick to woo customers to them.

Peeps are wiser than you think

jdilight:
You sound like a marketer of spectranet. Spectranet speed here in Lagos is nonsense.
The fastest I can stand for is Mobitel, but their after sales services is worst to non in the entire world.

cheesy cheesy ... I am not a marketer but a satisfied customer. I can only vouch for spectranet in Abuja and in the area/branch that I go to renew my subscriptions.

Like I said earlier please ... People should go for other networks and leave spectranet (especially those in Abuja) ... to avoid over burdening the network. I like my fast download speeds and I want it to remain that way.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Phone Are You Currently Using? / Which Network Provider Disturbs With Promotional Messages The Most? / Airtel Free Mb HOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.