Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria (26748 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Networks In Nigeria (Reloaded) / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by olumuyiolaoluwa: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2014
ayukdaboss:

U were being casual? undecided
Young Man, I am not ready for that nw please concentrate.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lucarella: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

hmmm....I am not talking about a modem on pc here.I am talking about my android phone o.

are u actually saying when I'm downloading at 2mb/s,it actually means I'm absorbing 250kb on my device in every second?...cos 2,000,000bits divided by 8 as u said is 250,000bytes. if that's what u are saying bro,u are so so wrong grin

the UC browser on my phone displays it in this format 2mb/s and not 2mbps. and I am telling u that I download up to a 100mb between 1-2 mins,depending on d time of d day. if we're to go by ur claims, my device can only download 250kilo bytes in 1s when displaying 2mb/s. so it will never be possible to download 100mb in less than 7 mins at dat speed.

u guys make it sound like its impossible to get up to 2mbps on 3.5G when HSDPA specifications states that its capable of up to 21mbps.

i wasnt lying when i said i downloaded 2gb in 15mins.well,maybe I'll upload a screenshot of my next download for those of u dat can't understand my posts.

I now understand you. I thought probably you did a speedtest on your phone and got 2mbps, I didn't know you were actually downloading at 2mbps. It's very possible and it can be achieved with 3.5G.

4G and 4G LTE can attain speeds of 50 - 100Mbps but are always capped. Smile is capped at 21mbps but can get to speeds of over 60mbps, so I heard though

2 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by frebor(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Godwinsilas: The following operators are licensed to run 4G LTE networks in Nigeria:

Smile 4G.
LTE-800. Operational in Lagos, Ibadan. Offers download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.

Spectranet.
LTE-2300. Operational in Lagos, Abuja. Offers download speeds of up to 2 Mbps.

Swift.
Operational in Lagos. Swift’s 4G was originally based on DirectOnPC’s WiMAX network which they purchased, but Swift now claims to have embraced LTE. I have been unable to find any info on their LTE technology or frequency and though.

Globacom.
LTE-2100. Inactive

CAPCOM.
LTE-1900. Inactive

A few LTE facts
While LTE offers theoretical maximum speeds of up to 150 Mbps, the global average that users experience is less than 10 Mbps.

The ten largest US cities all get less than 10Mbps in average download speeds. One report puts the average download speeds of the following US LTE networks as follows: T-Mobile: 11.2 Mbps, AT&T: 8.9 Mbps and Verizon: 7.6 Mbps. So, if your LTE network delivers an average of 5 to 7 Mbps, you are doing good actually. With those speeds, streaming media and
downloading all but the heaviest files is a breeze.

Run Your 4G LTE Speed Tests If you are using any of the above 4G LTE networks, you can run a speed test and post your results in the comments section below. Actually, the more tests you run, the better. Have fun, and thanks for contributing.

Source: http://leapfame.com/content/thread/81

this article is a copy and paste from http://mobility.ng/4g-lte-networks-in-nigeria/ without linking back to the original. plagiarism at its best
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by dridowu: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2014
profjendor: . Bros. Hw far nah........I get multilinks modem for lik 4yrs nw, I no dey see am use.
take ur time to read this thread, am so sure of 90% you will browse unlimited with multilinks.
https://www.nairaland.com/1041901/wi-free-gives-unlimited-data-swift4g
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: Young Man, I am not ready for that nw please concentrate.

*sighs*
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by profjendor(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2014
dridowu: take ur time to read this thread, am so sure of 90% you will browse unlimited with multilinks.
https://www.nairaland.com/1041901/wi-free-gives-unlimited-data-swift4g

. Thanks bro.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by daproflinks: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Did someone just call Smile? Those folks that I invited to my office for a test run and I couldn't download up to 150kb/s after all the boasting mtcheww
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
daproflinks: Did someone just call Smile? Those folks that I invited to my office for a test run and I couldn't download up to 150kb/s after all the boasting mtcheww

Even with a smile network of just 1 bar, I usually ghost over 1.5MB/s download speed.

Those guys dey try albeit very expensive.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
akraym:

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Guy you go wicked for real life o. Why you edit the guy post na. Lwkmd grin grin grin grin

hehehehe grin....d guy dey disturb me wif him plenty noise nah.him say 4G for him area no dey pass 0.002kb/s
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
lucarella:

I now understand you. I thought probably you did a speedtest on your phone and got 2mbps, I didn't know you were actually downloading at 2mbps. It's very possible and it can be achieved with 3.5G.

4G and 4G LTE can attain speeds of 50 - 100Mbps but are always capped. Smile is capped at 21mbps but can get to speeds of over 60mbps, so I heard though

no,not speed test at all...I mean actual downloads from a browser.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by tdammy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
Coldplay007: Spectranet na wash.. do not buy Spectranet if you like yourself, there services is bad and customer service is horrible...
They will do anything for you to buy there modem but after that, they don't give a d@mn...

ur very much correct, dats tru. after buy any of there device. ur own ur own. CCC is very bad

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

now who's d animal?....bloody creek militant.keep living on a river and be forming PH,mumu.as if I don't know peeps in PH.

nah only ur part of PH network no dey grin

This post shows how dumb you are, i will stop talking to kids like you.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
phiszo:
Dude, there is a difference between mbps and MBps. Inaccurate maths you did there bro.

Don't mind the guy, making noise here and there.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Djangocode: Never seen a Country where [size=14pt]browsing speed depends on which area one lives[/size].. 4G?? When 3G is like EDGE.. And coming to Airtel: AIRTEL | MIKEL | SNAILS | CODEINE all have something in common, they are all SLOW.. Airtel browsing experience will train any dude on Patience and Anger Management.. #Team_Etisalat..

This is the problem, and that dumbass thinks i am saying what others are not experiencing

I hardly reach 200+kb/s on Etisalat both on phone and modem
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

hmmm....I am not talking about a modem on pc here.I am talking about my android phone o.

are u actually saying when I'm downloading at 2mb/s,it actually means I'm absorbing 250kb on my device in every second?...cos 2,000,000bits divided by 8 as u said is 250,000bytes. if that's what u are saying bro,u are so so wrong grin

the UC browser on my phone displays it in this format 2mb/s and not 2mbps. and I am telling u that I download up to a 100mb between 1-2 mins,depending on d time of d day. if we're to go by ur claims, my device can only download 250kilo bytes in 1s when displaying 2mb/s. so it will never be possible to download 100mb in less than 7 mins at dat speed.

u guys make it sound like its impossible to get up to 2mbps on 3.5G when HSDPA specifications states that its capable of up to 21mbps.

i wasnt lying when i said i downloaded 2gb in 15mins.well,maybe I'll upload a screenshot of my next download for those of u dat can't understand my posts.

Let us see the screenshot dumbass, and you are telling us that the 2MB/s is constant?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

hehehehe grin....d guy dey disturb me wif him plenty noise nah.him say 4G for him area no dey pass 0.002kb/s

STFU do you have 4G on Etisalat? From your dumb reasoning to lies
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

STFU do you have 4G on Etisalat? From your dumb reasoning to lies

guy abeg goan sleep inside ur canoe,I've got better posts to reply. cheesy
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

Let us see the screenshot dumbass, and you are telling us that the 2MB/s is constant?

okay clown,u'll get a screenshot dis evening once I get home and decide what to waste my precious data on.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

This is the problem, and that dumbass thinks i am saying what others are not experiencing

I hardly reach 200+kb/s on Etisalat both on phone and modem

I thot u said 0.002kb/s.... nitwit
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by olumuyiolaoluwa: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
ayukdaboss:

*sighs*
Its not my duty to educate you, The fact that yu r being called a "KEG" and yu demanded for rescue from ur state of dilemma does not warrant yu to show ur absurdity here. D guy dat wanted to help yu told yu what it meant, i.e 'GO AND LEARN' you raised ur eyebrows at him dat is 'PRIDE' may be cos of the ITALIAN Language he used as claimed. I now came in to explain further dat it means u r "DAFT" in my own JEWISH Languagegrin u started raining insult on who? Yu must not tell the whole world dat yu lack morale and ur upbringing was faulty b4 pple know. NEXT TIME THIS UR FTC SYNDROME, try to comprehend what the OP is saying b4 rushing to disgrace urself HALLUCINATED DUDE minwyl do yu know what a KEG is used for? HALF EDUCASON na disease ooo chai. Wen u suppose don cry full BASKET say person call u "KEG" 2dae. Hmm its like a CONTAINER empty to b specific. Infact u r a "KEG BUFFOO". Am ready for u Quote me again
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Toroze(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
Well for me Sha this particular ish does not need name calling. First things first for me what influences download speed or internet speed if you'd rather is your location I mean this is naija All the networks can not be predominant in your area one has to be better than the othe e.g in my Area in Abuja Etisalat is 3.5G Airtel is On Edge Glo is 3G and I use Etisalat to browse with their 5 Minute unlimited data plan for N15 I downloaded Modern Combat 3 which is 1.33Gb with 200 Naira on My Gionee P2 with the Speed never dropping below 1.7mbps Now if tried dat with Airtel's 2g it would take at least 2-3 hours at full speed I.e. After that I come here and start saying Airtel is a Bad Network and Etisalat is better than them, mean while if I had used Airtels 3.5G network I would theoretically get the same speed all things being equal In Essence what I'm trying to say is find the network that's predominant in your Area that works for you Simple

2 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

I thot u said 0.002kb/s.... nitwit

I don't want to talk to you, seems you are plain stupi.d please check the screenshot
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Etesam(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
Godwinsilas: The following operators are licensed to run 4G LTE networks in Nigeria:

Smile 4G.
LTE-800. Operational in Lagos, Ibadan. Offers download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.

Spectranet.
LTE-2300. Operational in Lagos, Abuja. Offers download speeds of up to 2 Mbps.

Swift.
Operational in Lagos. Swift’s 4G was originally based on DirectOnPC’s WiMAX network which they purchased, but Swift now claims to have embraced LTE. I have been unable to find any info on their LTE technology or frequency and though.

Globacom.
LTE-2100. Inactive

CAPCOM.
LTE-1900. Inactive...
Does this mean that NON of the major (4) phone companies currently provide 4G connectivity?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: meanin u r daft, ...just help u

That's exactly what annoyed me not this keg bullshit. Check my posts, I don't have time to curse anybody. You were claiming you know English very well yet you couldn't construct that last simple sentence. There's no need being ready for me cause I'm not going to quote you again. Just take note when next you're forming English Professor. Some people would've said worse things to you, trust me.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

I don't want to talk to you, seems you are plain stupi.d please check the screenshot

check which screenshot?....dis dude is dumber than I thought grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by olumuyiolaoluwa: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
ayukdaboss:

It's "helped" you dumb ret.arded Fool. You just came here to disgrace yourself. Mumu.
Nor b Insult b dis, On top help wen I help u. I still dey giv u line say na pigin me use u still nor greee, now now u come dey yarn say me de claim WAEC English Teacher nor b u dey correct d English wen I ryt.I no know weda HELPED dey pigin. Abeg abeg
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by biomedixexcel(m): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
3G never stable
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

check which screenshot?....dis dude is dumber than I thought grin

Guy just shut up and show us the 2mb/s.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Etesam: Does this mean that NON of the major (4) phone companies currently provide 4G connectivity?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

okay clown,u'll get a screenshot dis evening once I get home and decide what to waste my precious data on.

Animal we are waiting. I have showed mine but you said i don't live in ph because in your mosquito brain you know everyone from ph.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
Toroze: Well for me Sha this particular ish does not need name calling. First things first for me what influences download speed or internet speed if you'd rather is your location I mean this is naija All the networks can not be predominant in your area one has to be better than the othe e.g in my Area in Abuja Etisalat is 3.5G Airtel is On Edge Glo is 3G and I use Etisalat to browse with their 5 Minute unlimited data plan for N15 I downloaded Modern Combat 3 which is 1.33Gb with 200 Naira on My Gionee P2 with the Speed never dropping below 1.7mbps Now if tried dat with Airtel's 2g it would take at least 2-3 hours at full speed I.e. After that I come here and start saying Airtel is a Bad Network and Etisalat is better than them, mean while if I had used Airtels 3.5G network I would theoretically get the same speed all things being equal In Essence what I'm trying to say is find the network that's predominant in your Area that works for you Simple

That's what I have been trying to tell that idiot but he said i don't live in ph (Agip Estate)
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

Guy just shut up and show us the 2mb/s.

guy,after i post a screenshot of dat 2mb/s,just know that ur d greatest pfool on d surface on this planet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos / What Phone Are You Currently Using? / Airtel Free Mb HOT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.