Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,627 members, 7,809,338 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria (26728 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Networks In Nigeria (Reloaded) / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Godwinsilas(m): 2:42am On Jul 08, 2014
The following operators are licensed to run 4G LTE networks in Nigeria:

Smile 4G.
LTE-800. Operational in Lagos, Ibadan. Offers download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.

Spectranet.
LTE-2300. Operational in Lagos, Abuja. Offers download speeds of up to 2 Mbps.

Swift.
Operational in Lagos. Swift’s 4G was originally based on DirectOnPC’s WiMAX network which they purchased, but Swift now claims to have embraced LTE. I have been unable to find any info on their LTE technology or frequency and though.

Globacom.
LTE-2100. Inactive

CAPCOM.
LTE-1900. Inactive

A few LTE facts
While LTE offers theoretical maximum speeds of up to 150 Mbps, the global average that users experience is less than 10 Mbps.

The ten largest US cities all get less than 10Mbps in average download speeds. One report puts the average download speeds of the following US LTE networks as follows: T-Mobile: 11.2 Mbps, AT&T: 8.9 Mbps and Verizon: 7.6 Mbps. So, if your LTE network delivers an average of 5 to 7 Mbps, you are doing good actually. With those speeds, streaming media and
downloading all but the heaviest files is a breeze.

Run Your 4G LTE Speed Tests If you are using any of the above 4G LTE networks, you can run a speed test and post your results in the comments section below. Actually, the more tests you run, the better. Have fun, and thanks for contributing.

Source: http://leapfame.com/content/thread/81

3 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 2:44am On Jul 08, 2014
The small EDGE and 3G we're managing they haven't been able to give us excellent services. Which one is 4G again? Yeye People angry

29 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Ay92(m): 2:45am On Jul 08, 2014
is it the same operators whose download speed on 3G is 5kbps? If you doubt me, come to Akure with your airtel line. And by the way,the poster above me is a keg

13 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 2:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Ay92: is it the same operators whose download speed on 3G is 5kbps? If you doubt me, come to Akure with your airtel line. And by the way,the poster above me is a keg

Wetin u mean by keg? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Coldplay007(f): 3:56am On Jul 08, 2014
Spectranet na wash.. do not buy Spectranet if you like yourself, there services is bad and customer service is horrible...
They will do anything for you to buy there modem but after that, they don't give a d@mn...

8 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by kombats: 4:55am On Jul 08, 2014
Abegi Make we hear word our NCC no dey do dem work so i no blame d telecomm if dem use 3g come lie say na 4g nko?. D only mobile network i still respect is ETISALAT

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Koolmexxi(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2014
Dis NCC is more annoying than mosquitoes buzzing in ur ears at nite while u try to slip. D edge ntwrk available is erratic as it comes, d so called 3G and 3.5 hasn't even gone round yet and here dey are issuing out more licenses like dat was d priority at d moment. Wat shld b more important is making sure the 3G atleast goes round at best and the quality of service improved. These ntwrk's are ripping us off.

7 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 6:31am On Jul 08, 2014
Smile network I hail thee. 21Mbps that ka or Ku bands are yet to give. 21mbps through put; I'm so migrating to ibadan
Kudos to them
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Godwinsilas(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2014
Well i dont know about you guys
my downloading speed with Airtel 3G is upto 150kb/s i have downloaded file upto 22MB in less than a minute with Airtel 3G in Auchi.

3 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2014
Ay92: is it the same operators whose download speed on 3G is 5kbps? If you doubt me, come to Akure with your airtel line. And by the way,the poster above me is a keg

hehehehegrin ....Airtel is a record breaking network o.d only network in d world whose 2G is faster than its 3G cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2014
Godwinsilas: Well i dont know about you guys
my downloading speed with 3G is upto 150/s i have download file upto 22MB in less than a minute with 3G in Auchi.

hahahaha...dat 1 nah speed?...I get 2.1mb/s in Lagos on etisalat.I have downloaded 2gb in 15mins before cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Godwinsilas(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Mcbussy:

hahahaha...dat 1 nah speed?...I get 2.1mb/s in Lagos on etisalat.I have downloaded 2gb in 15mins before cheesy
Compare 5kb/s?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2014
Godwinsilas:
Compare 5kb/s?

I said 2.1MB/s not 2.1kb/s ....don't u know d difference?

7 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Ay92(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2014
ayukdaboss:

I saw the space booking

2 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2014
Coldplay007: Spectranet na wash.. do not buy Spectranet if you like yourself, there services is bad and customer service is horrible...
They will do anything for you to buy there modem but after that, they don't give a d@mn...

I use a spectranet in abuja... And its the bomb. There speed and customer care is superb.

I am afraid of recommending them to others least so many people come on board the network thereby making their service slow like they did to starcomms.

tongue I am that selfish. Please stay away from spectranet. Especially if you are in Abuja.

#MathewBriggs

2 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2014
let dem keep deceiving us o. in 2008 in uk. i downloaded 10 gig worth of video and songs from limewire. but dis yeye spectranet we use in my office is crap. 4g my foot. scammers

4 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Godwinsilas(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I use a spectranet in abuja... And its the bomb. There speed and customer care is superb.

I am afraid of recommending them to others least so many people come on board the network thereby making their service slow like they did to starcomms.

tongue I am that selfish. Please stay away from spectranet. Especially if you are in Abuja.

#MathewBriggs

Bros you ves o.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibitomisi: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2014
You ain't wrong. I can boldly join the crew to say airtel 3G! is crappy!!
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by lilmax(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2014
Why are you guys complaining? Is 4g a bad thing?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2014
lilmax: Why are you guys complaining? Is 4g a bad thing?
no, wat dis guys giv us is nt 4.g, but 2.75g
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by acenazt: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
guy airtel slow pass snail dem 4G go still slow pass glo EDGE.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by dridowu: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
Guy, no dy mention airtel again. Airtel is only good in making calls but not for browsing

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by nani667: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
dridowu: Guy, no dy mention airtel again. Airtel is only good in making calls but not for browsing

I use Airtel to browse... The 3G is super fast.... It depends on your location... You dey Jungle no mean say Airtel slow

3 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by dridowu: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
nani667:

I use Airtel to browse... The 3G is super fast.... It depends on your location... You dey Jungle no mean say Airtel slow
Am 100% sure your super fast is my own fast i.e it does not near my etisalat and multlinks fast. YES i mention multilinks

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by UchihaItachi(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
lilmax: Why are you guys complaining? Is 4g a bad thing?

They should give us a steady 3G first before talking about 4G

3 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
ayukdaboss:

he is telling u in Italian you should learn!

BTW @op

swift started 4G LTE long time ago! that's 2010 when I was doing my internship with them!
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
pendusky: he is telling u in Italian you should learn!

BTW @op

swift started 4G LTE long time ago! that's 2010 when I was doing my internship with them!

Lol...u just chose to embarrass your self.
"The poster above me is a keg"

From your translation how does that mean I should go and learn? undecided
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
I dont need 4g network... I need 5g netwok now!
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nsonaso(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
Godwinsilas: The following operators are licensed to run 4G LTE networks in Nigeria:

Smile 4G.
LTE-800. Operational in Lagos, Ibadan. Offers download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.

Spectranet.
LTE-2300. Operational in Lagos, Abuja. Offers download speeds of up to 2 Mbps.

Swift.
Operational in Lagos. Swift’s 4G was originally based on DirectOnPC’s WiMAX network which they purchased, but Swift now claims to have embraced LTE. I have been unable to find any info on their LTE technology or frequency and though.

Globacom.
LTE-2100. Inactive

CAPCOM.
LTE-1900. Inactive

A few LTE facts
While LTE offers theoretical maximum speeds of up to 150 Mbps, the global average that users experience is less than 10 Mbps.

The ten largest US cities all get less than 10Mbps in average download speeds. One report puts the average download speeds of the following US LTE networks as follows: T-Mobile: 11.2 Mbps, AT&T: 8.9 Mbps and Verizon: 7.6 Mbps. So, if your LTE network delivers an average of 5 to 7 Mbps, you are doing good actually. With those speeds, streaming media and
downloading all but the heaviest files is a breeze.

Run Your 4G LTE Speed Tests If you are using any of the above 4G LTE networks, you can run a speed test and post your results in the comments section below. Actually, the more tests you run, the better. Have fun, and thanks for contributing.

Source: http://leapfame.com/content/thread/81
Please how do Spectranet work.....and their plan I want it
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Whizpeter(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
With Airtel 3G, I download a 5mb file in 45mins.. That's real speed... What do I need 4G for? grin

13 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
4g keh ? 3g be like snail,Edge dey go like body of dead person wey dey do mistake touch

Data again!!! do they expect us to be using 1gig with 4g network..... Nigeria na Shitty country

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:09am On Jul 09, 2014

Na 0.01kb/s for here on Etisalat sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel Free Mb HOT / Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! / Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.