Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20691 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 6:14am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89: Quite foreseeable if wormholes are stable enough but you likely wont be able to get back to the same time you left.
There are problems like Wormholes not obeying the laws of Physics and the Twin and Bootstrap Paradox which makes time travel highly unlikely.

The possibility is only based on scenarios that are highly unlikely because it would contradict few theories and laws that haven't been disputed yet
then it will be a sound development all together!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2014
JustCare:
then it will be a sound development all together!

i dont understand
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel is very possible. Who believe in the time of world war 2 there will be something like mobile phone..smart computers. ,ultra fast jets at the speed of sound to mention a few. The egyptians have known a bit about this technology, but then too bad its all lost. but once again.ts very possible but takes high amount of technology's ,smart IQs and funding in research.. And as well as possible collaborations with ufo. Don't let it sound strange to you. Top governments have had encounters with such..check out area 51 in usa.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 6:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

i dont understand
when you talked about contradiction of existing laws.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 20, 2014
_____
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by rezy15(m): 6:36am On Jul 20, 2014
the funny thing about science fiction is that any seemingly fictious story written is being proven right a short while later. Mobilr phones, tvs, satellites, even weather forecasts in the time of Jesus or earlier would be conceived as witchcraft. Man is limited by his 3 dimensional thinking. Same way a dot on a piece of paper sees the world only in d x nd y cordinates. What ws impossible years ago is made possible today. Those who believe we are the only ones in the universe are dreamers. Religious or not, that view either is ignorant or undermining the power of divine design. Pple were laughed at when the said the world was round or that other continents existed. Faster than light travel isn't fiction. Jst like horses ws the coolest way to travel before and not rockets we just haven't found it yet. Even God saw the enormous potential in man. So pull ur thumbs out ur asses and give urself some credit and believe.

5 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Swiftboy(m): 6:36am On Jul 20, 2014
You wont land in no future if you travel at the speed of light! Whatever machine you use can only make you escape the earth without knowing.lol The theory of relativity will remain a theory that is.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by FBICIA(m): 6:42am On Jul 20, 2014
not possible though I love the idea
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by georgecso(m): 6:45am On Jul 20, 2014
It reminds me of the series "Lost". . . lots of time travel in that movie.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by femi4: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Not possible, else every1 would have been blessed with the opportunity to see the future
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 6:54am On Jul 20, 2014
JustCare:
when you talked about contradiction of existing laws.

oh.

well it cant develop together. its more like one theory has to be false for a scenario to be true.

look at the Bootstrap paradox for instance.
in which information or matter can exist without having been created. and after this information or matter are sent back in time, it is recovered in the present and becomes the very information or matter that was initially brought back in time in the first place

Physical Object are more problematic than pieces of information since they should age and increase in entropy according the the second law of thermodynamics.
But if they age by any non zero amount at each cycle they probably wont be the same item sent back in time again thereby creating a paradox.
here is a good example i saw online.

A professor travels forward in time, and reads in a physics journal about a new equation that was recently derived. The professor travels back a few seconds after the journey was made, and relates it to one of the students who writes it up, and the article is published in the same journal which the professor reads in the future.

So the laws of thermodynamics would have to be proved wrong first before for one of the scenarios of time travel to be true because there will always be a loop that would need closing because the origin would be hard to determine

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kaxmytex(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2014
Metaphysical!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2014
benbuks: I've been
thinking critically & following the world of physics &
attempts made by some scientist /mathematicians
to prove time travel which some did theoretically ,
but for real , how possible is it to travel back to the
past / to the future .?
gat to be "supernatural " i suppose .
lol. Time travel,teleportation is more difficult and complicated than how it's depicted in the movies. Theoritically,it involves travelling so fast (faster than the speed of light) to the extent that you 'outrun' time? Does that even make any sense? Teleportation is even the most annoying. This one involves disintegration of a human being to the barest molecule at point A and re-assembling the individual molecule by molecule at point B. Question is how do you keep a person alive when he has pratically being reduced to cells.

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 7:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Swiftboy: You wont land in no future if you travel at the speed of light! Whatever machine you use can only make you escape the earth without knowing.lol The theory of relativity will remain a theory that is.
lol. True. Even the theory as received an 'update' of sorts

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by KnightOfLaif: 7:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Very possible.Travelled back few times but still trying to perfect travelling into the future. Don't ask me how.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: yes its real . we are spirit beings living in the disposable body .life is more complex than you can imagine . believe it or not ,you will never die .

Nonsense, be giving yourself false hope that you won't die.

@topic: Time travel will be impossible even at the speed of light, time is an element of the universe and can only be manipulated by its creator, you can't go the past or future because whether you like it or not, time won't stop or increase its pace because of you. The best that can happen is to make a scientifically illusion tool that makes you feel you are living in the past or future. .
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by godwinony(m): 7:17am On Jul 20, 2014
imagine if it is possible..just travel into the future, check and screensnap the result of all matches played in over 200 leagues and their games, return and bet on all (accumulator) with N500..multibillionaire for life.

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 7:18am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

oh.

well it cant develop together. its more like one theory has to be false for a scenario to be true.

look at the Bootstrap paradox for instance.
in which information or matter can exist without having been created. and after this information or matter are sent back in time, it is recovered in the present and becomes the very information or matter that was initially brought back in time in the first place

Physical Object are more problematic than pieces of information since they should age and increase in entropy according the the second law of thermodynamics.
But if they age by any non zero amount at each cycle they probably wont be the same item sent back in time again thereby creating a paradox.
here is a good example i saw online.

A professor travels forward in time, and reads in a physics journal about a new equation that was recently derived. The professor travels back a few seconds after the journey was made, and relates it to one of the students who writes it up, and the article is published in the same journal which the professor reads in the future.

So the laws of thermodynamics would have to be proved wrong first before for one of the scenarios of time travel to be ture because there will always be a loop that would need closing
yes!"I concur with the second law.
perhaps, it will border more on pseudoscience...where the possibility of being in a matrix can't be ruled out.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kalvan: 7:22am On Jul 20, 2014
robinicule: when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause. anoda example is space time. space time is slower than time on earth, because there aint no gravity in space, d lesser d gravity, d slower d time, dats y dose people leaving on a cliff, time passes through them slower because they r farther to the earth's core (lesa gravity for dem)........my token, time travelling is very possible, dere just might not be equipment for it yet, but arbitrary theories claims it is possible.....

There's no gravity in space?! Lolgrin

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Travel infinitely at the speed of light?! grin grin

By special relativity, if two cars are moving relative to each other. One moving close to the speed of light and one moving at a constant speed. If there is a clock on the car moving close to the speed of light, by time dilation, the clock will move slower by a fraction equal to the Lorentz factor.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:24am On Jul 20, 2014
rezy15: the funny thing about science fiction is that any seemingly fictious story written is being proven right a short while later. Mobilr phones, tvs, satellites, even weather forecasts in the time of Jesus or earlier would be conceived as witchcraft. Man is limited by his 3 dimensional thinking. Same way a dot on a piece of paper sees the world only in d x nd y cordinates. What ws impossible years ago is made possible today. Those who believe we are the only ones in the universe are dreamers. Religious or not, that view either is ignorant or undermining the power of divine design. Pple were laughed at when the said the world was round or that other continents existed. Faster than light travel isn't fiction. Jst like horses ws the coolest way to travel before and not rockets we just haven't found it yet. Even God saw the enormous potential in man. So pull ur thumbs out ur asses and give urself some credit and believe.

Faster than light travel can be possible, no one is disputing that(more reasonable than teleporting) but travelling into the past or future is practically impossible unless you can alter time (an external force) itself since time determines what is past and what is future.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2014
______

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well I don't know if you understood my write up . what i'm saying is that every human being is a spirit being living in this body right now . when you die from this world your body dies but you live on in spirit. that's all i'm saying ,I do not really go to church or a religious fanatic. I just know what I know ,thats all . I 'm not asking you to believe what I said .
I am speaking from my own personal point of view , your experience and point of view might be different from mine .

ok your point of view
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2014
JustCare:
yes!"I concur with the second law.
perhaps, it will border more on pseudoscience...where the possibility of being in a matrix can't be ruled out.

Yeah.
Its just like going back in time to stop your parents from meeting each other. but then again, you cant do it because if they never meet you wont exist to stop them. and since there is something u cant change in other to create an origin it makes it pseudoscience indeed .

3 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 20, 2014
____
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:32am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: yes my point of view and experience . we do not both have the same experience and point of view . your point of view is yours ,my point of view is mine , I do not need science books ,religion ,books or anyone to tell me what I know for sure .
just because i'm a bad boy doesn't mean I Don't know .
am not disputing your claim. . since its your point of view
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kalvan: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2014
haibe:

[b] Faster than light travel can be possible, no one is disputing that(m [/b]ore reasonable than teleporting) but travelling into the past or future is practically impossible unless you can alter time (an external force) itself since time determines what is past and what is future.

It's not.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by tomiobj(m): 7:34am On Jul 20, 2014
benbuks: I've been
thinking critically & following the world of physics &
attempts made by some scientist /mathematicians
to prove time travel which some did theoretically ,
but for real , how possible is it to travel back to the
past / to the future .?
gat to be "supernatural " i suppose .

Very possible on a theory. If you are able to travel past the speed of light? Last time I checked looking up to d sky @ night. You are actually looking 1900000 years ago because it's 1900....light years away
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well I don't know if you understood my write up . what i'm saying is that every human being is a spirit being living in this body right now . when you die from this world your body dies but you live on in spirit. that's all i'm saying ,I do not really go to church or a religious fanatic. I just know what I know ,thats all . I 'm not asking you to believe what I believe or say .
Time travel is real. I am speaking from my own personal perspective , your experience and perspective might be different from mine .

so you are saying time travel exist only when the body and the should departs each other or can it be done when both are still together in real time when the person is alive?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan:

It's not.

Lol I didn't say it's possible, I said ' it can' be possible. It's much more reasonable than time travel or teleporting and doesn't need any meta-physics or pseudo-science involved
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Danhumprey: 7:36am On Jul 20, 2014
colossus2: Real!!!
Have you forgotten that nairaland travelled back in time
The data right? But we the members didn't really travelled back in time. gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:37am On Jul 20, 2014
tomiobj:

Very possible on a theory. If you are able to travel past the speed of light? Last time I checked looking up to d sky @ night. You are actually looking 1900000 years ago because it's 1900....light years away
Lol another different story, I thought someone said 9 minutes ago on this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? / Rarest Kind Of Interspecies Love / How Can Science Explain This: "Rain Falling On One Spot" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.