Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,838 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20694 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by DaBullIT(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
In the world of science everything is possible , its being done and it has to be controlled else , people , terrorists will take over , jump to the time of Jesus , murder him , people would jump to the time of Muhammed and give him AK 47 and rpgs / armored tanks instead of horses and spear , People would prevent Lincoln's assassination , whereas a change in the past ripples outwards in the time continuum , like butterfly effect it can not be predicted what the changes you make can cause.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by kemiola89(f): 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Time travel is only an illusion. It is just an imagination that exists only in the head of a physicist. There are so many twist and turns in the theory of time travel. How can one possibly travel back in time to change an event that has already taken place? Or to travel into the future to alter what has already been predestined to happen? It is just not possible!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by tpia99: 6:27am On Jan 03, 2015
Well, it does seem impossible imo.

What is more likely to be possible is deja vu, ie the loop or cycle.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by davien(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
kemiola89:
Time travel is only an illusion. It is just an imagination that exists only in the head of a physicist. There are so many twist and turns in the theory of time travel. How can one possibly travel back in time to change an event that has already taken place? Or to travel into the future to alter what has already been predestined to happen? It is just not possible!
We are actually time travelling all the time....the earths gravity creates a "gravity-well" that distorts space-time around it....so time is determined by where you are on the earths surface....
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Dhurmynick(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
Some of the responses i see here depict that some people just don't think... Time travel is very possible, i don't know if it exists right now but if it does it'll be most guarded government secret of all time. How would you know if something has been changed?? You'd just be living your life like that's what you've been doing since you were born.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by neuralnets: 2:16am On Jan 29, 2015
The general assumption is that time exists as the fourth dimension. If that's true then we only need to find a way to break out of this three dimensional world. Personally I think time itself exists within us. We can only move through time by altering our own perception. Thus its highly possible to send a man to the future by putting him in a cryogenic chamber and sending him around the galaxy at the speed of light. A one year journey to him would probably bring him back hundreds of years later as we would perceive it. Going back in time would need some Godlike physics and manipulation. Talking about a sub second snapshot of every single atom in the galaxy at the point of return. Even If our technology ever goes that far, then a new parallel dimension will be created every time someone goes back. but this present time space continuum will never be altered by man.
From my own analysis, The fourth dimension is not time. It is the realm of the spirits. That's where angels, demons and heaven exists. That why they can see right through our world and access anywhere they want. God probably exists as a dimensionless being so he is above every conceiveable form of existence.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Presco123: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
The reason i think time travel isn't possible.... If as theorised that it is quite possible to develop systems in the future which can provide the necessary means and conditions for travelling into the past and future. Then it is only logical to think that beings in that future right now would have travelled to the past (our present) to possibly tell us the possibility of achieving this scientific milestone..... Think Einstein needs to be checked....lol.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JollyDRoger: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2022
I'm afraid time traveling is not possible nor it will be in the future. Or the past. And I don't say that because I'm out of fantasy or inspiration but because time itself doesn't really exist. Time is nothing else than tons over tons of diverse processes in the stellar and interstellar universe.

Just think of it as that:
* Earth circles around itself = was set to be day
* Earth circles around the sun = set to be year
* moon kind of circling around earth = set to be month
* earth circles "eggy" around its poles = set to be "big year" (25.800 years cycle)

Humans said it would be days, years and so on. Sure we got seconds. Milliseconds. Nanoseconds. But all of that is part of a...(sorry I don't know the correct word here) but what I mean is: time is mathematically relevant, of course. Otherwise we couldn't calculate or even think of speed as digits. Like for example 100km/h. And here comes the thing...you could also take the hours and make it to percents. Or apples. Or whatever. It's nothing else but a measuring or dimensional unit. And if you take a metre for example...whats important of it is the amount. Like 1m is 100cm. And that's what's important. So you can make a metre to...a cup. You understand that? I know it's kinda weird and confusing at first. But think about it. It's all units. And "names". Time on the otherhand is also related to Einsteins breakthrough, isn't it? You know...the time is relative. But Einsteins also said, as I only learned about it when I myself came to the same conclusion like him and searched for someone to confirm my feeling about it...but anyway. It was said even Einstein told everyone "Time is an illusion". And that's it. Nothing else. Just an illusion.

I'd say...more precisely though, it's an emotion/feeling generated by lots of diverse cycles pretty much like a bunch of cogwheels that intertwine. That's all basically. The rhythm of time you probably can say as well.

So, when time doesn't exist but only as a feeling/emotion/vibe or in a mathematical way, than how could you possibly "travel" through it? It's a no go. Doesn't have to do with fantasy or intelligence or anything else but the fact that time is NOT existing.

Time is therefore an invention made by humans for humans to better manage their farming. That's all. For that we started off from sun-clocks and ended up with a fricking packed calender or schedule book. Which sadly enough steals our time. Our lifetime. Because we almost only using our time to make plans or work etc. But that's it for now. I hope I could help.

And yeah there are still many humans BELIEVING time is real. Maybe they are scientists and actually work on something like time traveling or manipulation. And actually it's OK to do so. They can't destroy reality with it because as told time doesn't exist. And they are not using their lifetime on the other hand for things better not be done if you get me/understand what I'm trying to say with my first grade English. � I'm sorry if you had a hard time reading my answer. But I think it was so far so good understood ^^

But one last comment on it: even if they one day figure out time is actually real. Than yes, I'd be fair and correct myself.

Jolly D's,
Love and peace ��

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by pfowighz(m): 11:35am On Nov 26, 2022
6gfhf . .n. hgf I believe this is all curl . The fastest best safest NEC to get to a future time pets is sofiawed.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Technology, A Blessing Or A Curse? / Rarest Kind Of Interspecies Love / How Can Science Explain This: "Rain Falling On One Spot" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.