Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20249 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
only in a movie title back 2 d future
buh ds is imposicant.
if u ve watch d movie back 2 d future u will understand thou its juz a fiction
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
The same thing happens in our every day experience, it is just that the effect are too small to be noticed. It turns out their is some sort of inverse relationship btw change in time and change in space. Look at it the way, assume you have 100 units of an arbitrary energy like thing called space time SP. You cannot have more than hundred, and you can only use it in two forms A. For changing your Space or B. For Change your Time. You keep your hundred units SP in form of some Velocity in Space and Some velocity in Time at any point in time. If you convert the whole 100 SP to velocity in Space by accelerating yourself, you will be changing position in geometrical space at a rate equal to the speed of light C. If you convert the whole 100SP to velocity in time, by totally de-accelerating yourself, such that you do not change position at all in geometrical space, your velocity in time will be maximum, ie. your experience of time will be at the fastest possible. This state corresponds to being at rest with reference to the space time. Note that cause you are on earth, and the earth is spinning as well as orbiting the sun, we are never at rest.

So we are experiencing a state in between max. Space velocity-speed of light, and maximum time velocity, but we are closer to the state of maximum time velocity, since the earth spin and orbiting velocities are very small compared to the speed of light. When you enter an airplane, you velocity geometrical space velocity increases, so to conserve that 100 SP, your velocity in time reduces, so your experience of time seems dilates a little in an airplane. Infact this has been proven with atomic clocks.

So back to how do you travel in time
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
A.
So for the traveling option A. Literarily, it's not like you are traveling in time, it is more like doing something to make you arrive late in time, with reference to what should have been your future. A classical tale is normally used to explain this, consider two babies, twins, born exactly at same time, at age 20, one becomes an astronaut, the other a teacher, exactly at on their 20th birthday, the astronaut blasts of to some distant planet on a fast space craft. All through his journey, he keeps time with his watch, and returns to the earth exactly after five years on his watch. Except, that all the while he was on the fast space craft, time dilated for him just like the aeroplane example I gave. Also he visited a planet that was orbiting and spinning some 120 times faster than the earth. He spends five years, but when he arrives the earth, 40 years has passed on his brothers watch, while he is 25 years, his twin brother in 60 years and already has grand children. That is the sense of time travel we currently understand
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ghostofsparta(m): 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
logica: If indeed you want to learn and not just being sarcastic, then Google what Einstein's Theory of Relativity is about; and of course you will see the Mathematical equations which predict these facts. And yes, they are facts as they have been backed up by experiments long before the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) existed. Of course LHC has been useful in recently proving the existence of the "God Particle" or Higgs Boson which Peter Higgs had predicted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

I'm not been sarcastic...believe me. I have read almost everything there is about this theoretical nonsense and still couldn't grasp it. Explain to me how they came accross the knowledge of how matters and their properties will behave in respect to both General Relativity and Special Relativity. I have tried to read to understand M-theory, String Theory, Superstring theory, dimensions, Theory of Everything etc but I get more confused but elated knowing whatever they intend to achieve with all these theoretical jargons juting out of the physicist paradize can be and have already been achieved through YORUBA ADVANCED SCIENCES for instance if you want I can let you in on how to achieve a simple invisibilty shield using component from nature.

This is the extent I can go on this thread unless you provide me a comprehensive breakdown of those theoretical concept from physics.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 21, 2014
B. Change of Location.
For the second more complex idea of changing time by changing reference position or location, it has to do with the idea of concurrent events. It turns out that concurrency is as elusive an idea as time it self and depends on your reference frame or place of observation. The fact that all observers see light to be traveling at the same constant velocity C muddles up the idea of what is happening concurrently and at what time. Am not going to go into big details about this since one would need diagrams to explain, but the button line is that for some one sitting say 100 light years away from the earth, based on the light reaching him from the earth right now, and the projection of its travel in space to reach him based on his own time experience, what could be happening right now on earth from his perspective could likely be the birth of your great grand mother, or the death of your great grand child at a ripe 90 years of age. Hence by changing location on space, we could realign ourselves with events in time, but it is only noticeable with great changes in distance. But be assured that when me and you were sitting on a bench at eagles square, and observed a gun shot, and a boy fall off a bicycle concurrently, we both agree the events are concurrent, but there is a minute difference in our persecution of the events concurrency due to our space separation, the larger our separation in space, the large the difference in our view of the concurrency of the events, Infact, if we were 100 light years apart, we surely will not agree that the two events are concurrent.

In summary, because time is defined from our experience, it depends on our reference position, hence becomes difficult to be given a static definition. It's just like every single person carries around a distinctly different definition of time by virtue of their location in geometrical space and the velocity in geometrical space.
Beyond what we know from science, I do not believe relativity has truly or totally defined time, it merely scratched the surface, personally I think time is the shadow effect of the remaining 6 out of physical 9 of the 11 dimensions postulated by string theory, where we only perceive 3.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Let me also add, that past and future are relative terms that depend on not just your position in space, but also the angle at which you are project into time. Hence, what may be in the past for you could very well be in the future of some one way across the universe. So saying travelling back is impossible is pretty immature. Consider a cuboid lump of soap, you are. Slicing into two half past and future, the parts that fall into the past half depends on the point you slice in, and the angle at which you slice it
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by logica(m): 12:49am On Jul 21, 2014
ghostofsparta: Explain to me how they came accross the knowledge of how matters and their properties will behave in respect to both General Relativity and Special Relativity.
That's like me explaining how Messi, Maradona etc came across the skill you see them exhibit. It is both talent and work. They did it with mathematical ingenuity and inborn spatial analytic reasoning.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by mecussey(m): 1:50am On Jul 21, 2014
Any object that can emit light particles and gain it as thrust can move with the speed of light. Alternatively, any object that can repel light particles can also move with the speed of light. ...but time will only slow down when you are high on weed.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by gidjah(m): 4:35am On Jul 21, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Its possible.....it has something to do with light....do u knw u are actually looking back in time when looking at stars?
DON'T mind them dear,God Has given man wisdom and mind to think any thing.i studied maths and physics and believe me when i say 'ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE' with our field.I and some felows are currently workin on some thing close to that in our amoury facility, people will be shocked
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by mahtma: 5:06am On Jul 21, 2014
ghostofsparta:
I'm not been sarcastic...believe me. I have read almost everything there is about this theoretical nonsense and still couldn't grasp it. Explain to me how they came accross the knowledge of how matters and their properties will behave in respect to both General Relativity and Special Relativity. I have tried to read to understand M-theory, String Theory, Superstring theory, dimensions, Theory of Everything etc but I get more confused but elated knowing whatever they intend to achieve with all these theoretical jargons juting out of the physicist paradize can be and have already been achieved through YORUBA ADVANCED SCIENCES for instance if you want I can let you in on how to achieve a simple invisibilty shield using component from nature.

This is the extent I can go on this thread unless you provide me a comprehensive breakdown of those theoretical concept from physics.

am iterested in your invisibility skills
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Psylas(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2014
hyuga: ok lets say u re moving at d speed of light, everythimg stands still but hw does past or future event start revealing itself?
i don't know about future, to get past event that means you need to move faster than light, everything will start going back farward
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2014
Humans primitive race
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Smagiro18: Humans primitive race
that's exactly what aliens will be saying about us.. #learners.. But if dem come enta africa wetin dem go talk
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
iamord: that's exactly what aliens will be saying about us.. #learners.. But if dem come enta africa wetin dem go talk

abeg which alien bro ....don't be brain-washed aliens don't exist its all fiction

...hnmmm....all zz wel
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
benbuks:

abeg which alien bro ....don't be brain-washed aliens don't exist its all fiction

...hnmmm....all zz wel
u don't need to believe.. You are entiled to your own belief system.. But its funn that u think that of all the planets in the uuniverse we r the only ones left here!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
iamord: u don't need to believe.. You are entiled to your own belief system.. But its funn that u think that of all the planets in the uuniverse we r the only ones left here!

ok.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by erico2k2(m): 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
We travel fru time all the time, we move from one time zone to another.You either gain time or lose them
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Knighttemplar(m): 1:22am On Jul 22, 2014
robinicule: when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause. anoda example is space time. space time is slower than time on earth, because there aint no gravity in space, d lesser d gravity, d slower d time, dats y dose people leaving on a cliff, time passes through them slower because they r farther to the earth's core (lesa gravity for dem)........my token, time travelling is very possible, dere just might not be equipment for it yet, but arbitrary theories claims it is possible.....
our naija micho kaku,...you are on point bro.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2014
Ever heard of the predestination paradox
OliverPin: I don't agree with you. Nothing is pre-determined. If I can see the future then I can ulter it. Why will I see the future that I died(God forbid) and still go to the location? I dey craze? Bro it is impossible
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2014
LyfeJennings:

U have no idea what kinna guy U talking to.

Not just man on moon was a dream,that phone with U was just a thought that seem impossible. The life U have today seem impossible long time ago and today U have it all on a platter of gold. Look brov,do U know what time travel means? U can actually go back to the time when U made a mistake and right your wrong. U can re-live any moment U desire. U can choose your life and be have powers over destiny. With the possible of time travel,U are as power as God (astagafirlah), with the existence of time travel,U can choose to live forever,U can desire to be bring back medevial era and live like a barbarian. ....

My guy,I am proud of the human race. We have done absolutely well. We have gone past our limitations. We have been to the moon,seen the space,above the galaxies. Today,the world is a just a global village. We have airplanes, yachts, mega jet,state of art automobiles. Today,just a button can wipe out a country from a continent. These are great achievement. Kudos to the human race BUT SOMETHINGS ARE JUST NOT MEANT TO BE TO BE CONQUERED...

TIME IS ONE OF THEM.
ever heard of the self consistency theory
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Oluwaseytiano: Ever heard of the predestination paradox
Super Story... No be today oyinbo don dey tell us things. No be all we go biliv thank God we get brain to reason also.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Krasid(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2014
It is nothing but pure fiction.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by DarkLover: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mi amigos time travelling is not possible i.e going forth/back in time, however you can travel in time.
Humans are actually travelling in time.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by DarkLover: 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
Humans should forget about time travelling, every effort to build the technology is always thwarted and will always be, yea thwarted for a reason "to keep away from human what they are not meant to know".

Remember earth is more than 4 billion yearssmiley that should give y'all some insight to your unattainability of it. Let it remain a fantasy.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by jayriginal: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
On "kanoko"
ghostofsparta:

My point is, you atheists here on Nairaland have my admiration. And just like I was once like you anti-theism...I have long seen and witness what it takes to convince an unbeliever of African capacity to effect the supernatural, hence reason to believe there is God. But not the Abrahamic one, but the Yoruban which is the same as that of the Igbos and other native Africans. For spaghetti monster sake, we are not Jews or Arabs, so why should we subscribe to the middle eastern belief system wherein people from such origin (Sam Harris) denounces it. We are blacks. We are superior. We have more than nuclear power. We have ultimate technology. But many don't know. And those who know are not given support or a continually ridiculed. Those who still possess some of these esoteric knowledge are not enlightened and uninformed that the world need to see what we've got down here, it's high time the world stop looking down on us. I have seen a superscientist engaged someone writhing in pain after managing to jump-escape out of an accident whose hands to arm is bloodied and bruised. The Babalawo cursed (se ekpe fun) the wounds to heal back and it began so, instantly and immidiately. These and several others are what still gives me hope that one day, we blax are going to be respected before the world. And that's why I expect you Nairaland aheists to ignore these hardened religionists whose pastors or afas might have been decieved with bedazzling feats not knowing the source of such of energy (if not trick) is still from native powers. I am aware you nairaland atheists need evidential proof for the supernatural, Haba! there are so many such that I even shed tears almost everyday knowing that these things exists amongst our village folks and yet the whites think its not possible to vanish/invisible when you are not Nomad in Crysis, and that's it delusion to believe one can stop bullets when you are not the man of steel or walk on water. In the village where I am, one of the pal I befriended told me someone walked on their river, and I said 'gbagbe ko possible jo' (forget it's not possible) unless he used some sort of plexi-glass and y'all know what he told me? he said the guy whom he saw did it never attended primary school talkless of knowing about any science or technology called 'plexiglass'. I need not to believe him because I have seen other feats too myself. Yesterday in my quest to know, some folks who have always misunderstand me as one of yoU guys who say 'kosogun' (nothing like charm/juju/jazz) almost tried to harm me when he went inside to bring several offensive YAS, because they have been telling me not to quote you guys again instead I should go bring or invite anyone of you to confirm with your eyes. So I'm using this opportunity to invite any of you now or bunch of tou can even cone together with HD cameras. And after you have seen and believe, then we can focus on how to properly plot a way on how to tehnologize them into a modern society. Kanoko for instance can be an alternative to motor vehicle since it shortens long distance, so those who are late for work or appointment can just press a button and it does it trick. Egbe in its many versions can be used to teleport death-bound passengers in a soon-to-crash airplane or accidenting bus to a safe spot. I have so many ideas of how ABP(African bullet proofs) and many other Yoruba Advanced Sciences can be adapted to modern use. It's very unfortunate of the kind of government we have in Nigeria and Yorubaland, otherwise these are areas heavy researches should be funded to. Not sport and pilgrimage. I have stopped trying to convince my black Christians and Muslims Yorubas to see that our native belief system is far better and much more provable than what we have been indoctrinated with but it has only fetch me disdain and labels, few time almost violence. So it's up to you Nairaland atheists to rechannel your energy towards how can we.....and not who do we argue or sharpen our intellect with. They have been brainwashed and its not easy to be re fine tune back.

https://www.nairaland.com/1510778/all-atheists-once-all#19411013

ghostofsparta:

Furthermore, travelling through time which is clearly different from the 'time-hopping' scenarios painted above is very possible because not only have I confirmed it several times, it's also modifiable and guess what..the knowledge of it is gleaned from an aspect of the Yoruban Ifa called isegun or Yoruba Advanced Sciences. Travelling through time is what KANOKO does when used by shortening the distances meant to be traversed naturally. If you use it, say you want to be in Ikorodu quickly while you are in Apapa, all you just need do is to contactivate it while already been attached on you and you begin to move by walking as usual and you will realise as you trek on, you somehow find yourself getting past places that normally if you could sprint like a cheetah wouldn't have reached untill you get to the destination inputed on the YAS when you contactivated it. In my study so far, the wonderfull KANOKO has no repercussion but do have a consequence of relapsing the user to walk those skipped distance during sleep which when woken willl be exasperated and weak, nonetheless I am still trying to meet a very deep old woman whom I'm informed has a version that doesn't feature this consequential limitation and that could also enable one apply it from here to anywhere in the world. I know this sounds ridiculous but I and others have used the normal KANOKO and yes I sweat it out. Truly our ancestors were great to have had superscientists (Oniseguns and Babalawos) among them who figured it out because they constantly commmune with nature. If you or anyone is interested to know, ask and I will tell how I think the science of KANOKO works.

https://www.nairaland.com/1804244/time-travel-real-fictional-how#24822377
AMOS NONYU

Sounds like induced sleepwalking to me!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
Psylas: i don't know about future, to get past event that means you need to move faster than light, everything will start going back farward
Theoretically, it is still impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
You cant time travel because the past...is all in your memory,its not something tangible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
ghostofsparta u make a lottt of brain pls link up
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Psylas(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
KenGali:
Theoretically, it is still impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.
i know it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, the question is whether time travel is real or fiction,
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2014
come to think of it if time travel were possible we should have received visitors from the future, and if you travel to a time you weren't born, logically you are not existing then, your parents weren't even born therefore you'll die.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
Psylas: i know it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, the question is whether time travel is real or fiction,
Excluding the idea that going faster than light speed will make you go back in time, time travel is definitely real,very real, however, it's hardly in the sense people paint it.

Future is simply living in events earlier than one would have under normal earth velocities. That's easy to explain with time dilation, all one has to do to live events earlier is to slow down below earth velocities, say jet to space and go into rest or stationary state, or the equivalent of free fall wrf to space time constant. In that sense you could either arrive early to future events with time contraction or arrive late to future events with positive time dilation.

In the sense of already occurred events, I can readily think of ideas for reobserving those events, but not reliving them. Reliving an event is definitely going to throw in a lot of entropy, hence a need to restablish a new version of equilibrium. However, some ideas already exist which postulate that all things have already occurred in a singularity, we are only going through the illusionary experience of living through events serially. In this sense, time velocity is just like space velocity, and should be reversible. More knowledge will come with time I guess.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by shotster50(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
If it where possible, we would have had people from the future ... No?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.