Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

[HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar (687 Views)

How To Add Featured Posts Slider Sidebar Widget In Blogger Blog / How To Remove Blogger Sidebar And Create A Full Width Page / Why Did My Sidebar Move Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello everyone. I need assistance on spacing the ads which appear on the sidebar of my website.

I have attached an image below for clearer understanding.

Thank You.

Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by WebHostingPal: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Do you mind sharing the actual site you are talking about here ? you will probably need checking out your css.
Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
webhostpal tnx for replying this is the site : www.celebrityclique.com.

I have enabled two layerd sidebar template, its just the spacing and arrangement on the ss i posted above that i need, tnx everyone.
Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by WebHostingPal: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ok, on your site now, but I can't see any ad to look at. At least create ad place holders, two on each side. This will give me a picture of what you are talking about and hopefully replicate your concern

The attached image to your original post looks fine to me. If what you are trying to do is to expand the spaces between the ad blocks, I'm guessing you will be able to edit your css.

Still here.
Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
i placed jumia, konga and mobofree ads on the celeb clique site, i just want them to be like the ss i attached.

ps: the attached ss is not my site, thank you once again.
Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
this is my site.

Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by WebHostingPal: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Okay, there are few ways to go about this, the easiest way is to go to where you are getting the banners from and request for banners that best fit the layout of your website, in this case, the right column. There will be dimensions in your css that controls the width of your site's side columns, find out what the width is and that will help you determine the width of banners you will be requesting for your site.

The other way round is if you are willing to alter the layout of your website to conform with banner dimensions, personally I will choose the first option over this, because in this case here, you will be altering your css every now and then just to conform with banner dimensions.

However, if you still wish to get down to the nitty-gritty, then locate your site's css and look for the part that controls the side columns, depending on the software you are using, some will call the sides "right column, left column", or "Left Block, Right Block" and different names like that.

You will need to find what your right and left side columns are called in the css. Once you find this, you will need to adjust the width to suit the size of the banners.

This shouldn't take you long to fix.

Hope this helps

HeWhoMusntBeNamed: this is my site.
Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
ok bro, tnx so far. How would i find the width of my sites side colum, is it on template??
Re: [HELP] How To Space My Ads Displayed On My Sidebar by WebHostingPal: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
Do you have the resources to edit templates or css online ? You can do this conveniently via ftp if you have the access to your server.

Your css seems to be directly embedded into your template. Looking at your css codes, I'm guessing this is what you need to edit;

.main-inner .columns {
padding-left: 180px; ----- change to what ever >
padding-right: 180px; ---- change to what ever >
}

body {
min-width: 930px;
}
.content-outer, .content-fauxcolumn-outer, .region-inner {
min-width: 930px;
max-width: 930px;
_width: 930px;
}
.main-inner .columns {
padding-left: 180px;
padding-right: 180px;
}
.main-inner .fauxcolumn-center-outer {
left: 180px;
right: 180px;

Hope this helps.

HeWhoMusntBeNamed: ok bro, tnx so far. How would i find the width of my sites side colum, is it on template??

(1) (Reply)

Acute Email Production Engine / Google Confirms It Reads Your Emails To Track Hotel Reservations / Indexing A Site On Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.