Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie (861 Views)

Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device / Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site / Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Lol it's been funny i must say,back then [2010] i was the freshest MUGU,don't know the different between visiting a website and googling for the site... THE day my NOKIA6600 was configured,i was asked "which type of configuration do you want?? >OPERAMINI FOR FREE BROWSING=#500 and or the one that will be using airtime=#250??. I said the one that will be using credit coz i knw say AWUF dey purge Belle I WENT TO OPEN an email,i met those guys with laptop[no internet connection] they told me to pay #800...>>#foolish_IBEKWE <, i paid as Quickly as...after pressing one thing or the other,they said i should come back the following day that there is a problem... ***.I came back the following DAY to make sure they create the email or i collect my money back...hmmm!! Nwanne na quarrel them use settle me.....were u once a novice in internet world?? then add urs....
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by authority2006(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
I remember when my friend took a café (night browsing) which I paid for. He showed me how to create yahoo mail account and created my first email account for me, everything was strange to me. I had forgotten everything he taught me that night before my next visit.
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by lomaxx: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
I was just 9 years old. A new cyber cafe opened opposite our house far back then. I was curious. So I went in there and bought 30 minutes for N150 (yes it was that expensive). With the help of the cyber cafe attendant, I was able to open my first mailbox. Having had a previous exposure to a computer, taking over from there wasn't hard. I was spending useful time browsing cartoons.

1 Like

Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Dygeasy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
I started using the internet with cheats and tweaks and free websites. Spent ample time downloading games and photos of sexy girls. Kai!

I don rotten tey tey.
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Karleb(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
It was during the time when MTN pulse was new in town, then I had no phone embarassed .

All I did was to migrate my mama from zone abi na funlink to pulse and upon every recharge she made, she was given 10mb.

There was even a day I finished her money with the data, if you see the kain word wey I hear ehn.
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
authority2006: I remember when my friend took a café (night browsing) which I paid for. He showed me how to create yahoo mail account and created my first email account for me, everything was strange to me. I had forgotten everything he taught me that night before my next visit.
lol... but atleast u no mumu
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by McWhillion(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
I started using the internet yesterday, and so far it's being awesome
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by HumanPsycho(m): 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
It was in the year 2002 when I ventured into an internet cafe. My experience escalated by 2005 when i had gain the comfort of working on a computer owing to the fact that my dad had purchased one. In early times something baffled me about the internet and kept my curiousity as I learned the diversity of its usage- it was how anonymous I could be while yet controlling the reality of someone else. I guess that is the singular effect that runs the addictive individuals thats what differentiates gaming and the internet, It is the same principle that drives the social networks, blogs, the use of chat platforms and all sort of articles. The internet at that time ran my 12 year old brain, then i'd seat in front my computer screen doing endless searches and causing psychological chaos anonymously it was all fun. I still do but only the usage changes over time as I grow into maturity and as the internet itself matures data input and consumption improved

FACT: Did you know? That internet use grew sharply by 90% only by 2002.
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dygeasy: I started using the internet with cheats and tweaks and free websites. Spent ample time downloading games and photos of sexy girls. Kai!

I don rotten tey tey.
hmmmmmm
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by fijiano202(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
around june 1999,a friend took me to a cafe i remeber buying 30mins for 250 1hr was 400..i just stared at the screen at everything like it was magic,after opening my email address the guy collected extra 200 but mumu-me instead of paying attention i just sat there like zombie..2weeks later a friend said i should assist him with opening an email address..i charged him 1k for everything i lied that we needed to buy 1hr and pay some fees to the Cafe manager..so we went to the Cafe together,we bought the time then the Bleep up started...i didnt know what to click to bring out the webpage..i never knew E was for internet explorer after wasting like 30mins on thinking and looking at other people desktop with no solution,i told my friend the system was hanging so i started clicking every icon on the window 95 desktop page..i later notice that anytime i click on E a webpage opens..with 20mins remaining i collected his details and rushed thru everything immediately Yahoo Signup pops up on the webpage
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Karleb: It was during the time when MTN pulse was new in town, then I had no phone embarassed .

All I did was to migrate my mama from zone abi na funlink to pulse and upon every recharge she made, she was given 10mb.

There was even a day I finished her money with the data, if you see the kain word wey I hear ehn.
lol
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
fijiano202: around june 1999,a friend took me to a cafe i remeber buying 30mins for 250 1hr was 400..i just stared at the screen at everything like it was magic,after opening my email address the guy collected extra 200 but mumu-me instead of paying attention i just sat there like zombie..2weeks later a friend said i should assist him with opening an email address..i charged him 1k for everything i lied that we needed to buy 1hr and pay some fees to the Cafe manager..so we went to the Cafe together,we bought the time then the Bleep up started...i didnt know what to click to bring out the webpage..i never knew E was for internet explorer after wasting like 30mins on thinking and looking at other people desktop with no solution,i told my friend the system was hanging so i started clicking every icon on the window 95 desktop page..i later notice that anytime i click on E a webpage opens..with 20mins remaining i collected his details and rushed thru everything immediately Yahoo Signup pops up on the webpage
lol ..funny
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Guykhena(m): 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ironically I can't recall my first experience.......

2 Likes

Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Goahead(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
Incase
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sinse 1960! E don tel wel wel.
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
i remember!! 2008! i paid 4 time in a cafe,i ddnt even knw wat to do,i had to start asking..... i was at d cafe one day and a lady came to send an email, d owner of d cafe collected 200naira frm her, i wanted to speak up but i go spoil business for d guy... many pple still dnt knw anything bout internet,even on phones
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by egift(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
I used the Internet first in 1999, during the Y2k Compliant campaign. Then if you visit the Cafe, someone will sit the way they do in Business Centre today.

If you want to create an email address (₦300), Send email (₦200), to Check Email (₦150) and Printing (₦100 and some places ₦50 per page).

And those girls were very wicked, they will highlight the who page and print. Most of the pages will be some useless footer texts. Upon say na very old Pentium 1 Compaq Desktop way oyibo don dispose.

Then we use Emails like Onebox, Excite, Yahoomail, etc.

Happy memory though. grin grin grin
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Whizpeter(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
grin
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Chimarto: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
my was the same 2010.....I knew internet exit but I don't know how to connect to internet until I bought I chinness phone....the configuration self Na problem.

1 Like

Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hahaha!! So manY people MUMU for net before them come wise!!...even till today,some graduates can't still use internet without being assisted.
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by tweaker(f): 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
mine was around july 2009 and it was a china phone that has tv I bought it 2008 for 14000 naira and I never know it can browse besides I don't even know the meaning of browse then after that I bought a small nokia phone then for 9000 naira and the only site I was thought how to use then was sefan.ru and what I do most is download games after that the other site was sharemobile.ro and what I download mostly was operamini and one guy was collecting 500 naira to do the operamini cheat code free browsing and then I use bolt to send yahoo mail with attachments and then one day I click on one adds on sefan.ru not knowing it was a po rn site ever since then I can't take my eyes of the po rn gallery then downloading with edge was like.... Damn slow one guy helped me opened an email yahoo mail the guy was the one that even chosed the password for me and I don't even know what they do with email then not until 20011 when I got the full knowledge of it. Anyway it was fun though now I am the best scammer ever known now perfect in scamming those white oyinbo people on different dating sites that how I make a living though..... Lets keep it going!!!!!!
Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by brethart: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
my first time was 2003......I was in jss2 den , my dad asked my aunt to take me to the cafe and open an email for me.....it was quite fun....

1 Like

Re: WHEN WAS Your First Time To Use the Internet>share Your Experience as a newbie by Daniel058(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
tweaker: mine was around july 2009 and it was a china phone that has tv I bought it 2008 for 14000 naira and I never know it can browse besides I don't even know the meaning of browse then after that I bought a small nokia phone then for 9000 naira and the only site I was thought how to use then was sefan.ru and what I do most is download games after that the other site was sharemobile.ro and what I download mostly was operamini and one guy was collecting 500 naira to do the operamini cheat code free browsing and then I use bolt to send yahoo mail with attachments and then one day I click on one adds on sefan.ru not knowing it was a po rn site ever since then I can't take my eyes of the po rn gallery then downloading with edge was like.... Damn slow one guy helped me opened an email yahoo mail the guy was the one that even chosed the password for me and I don't even know what they do with email then not until 20011 when I got the full knowledge of it. Anyway it was fun though now I am the best scammer ever known now perfect in scamming those white oyinbo people on different dating sites that how I make a living though..... Lets keep it going!!!!!!
see u see efcc ... Don't scam me...lol__ #Akpos!!

(1) (Reply)

Bbm On Window Mobile / Blackberry Curve 4 For Sale (pixs) / Network With Cheapest ANDROID Data Package/bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.