Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site (36925 Views)

What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? / 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now / Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by nze4al(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Facebook’s Android and iPhone apps still aren’t great. The both apps has had bugs that cause it to drain battery in the background, they consume your mobile data, takes a lot of your space and can equally make your phone slow.

Rather than put up with the awful app, you can use Facebook’s fairly full-featured mobile site instead for a less annoying experience. Add the website to your home screen and you can launch it in one tap, just like the app. On Android, you can even get push notifications from Facebook via Up browser, Mozilla Firefox, Opera mobile, Google Chrome. And if that weren’t enough, you can send and receive messages on the mobile site — without having to download Facebook Messenger!

For chrome browser, head to facebook.com in your web browser app and sign in. When you first visit the website, you’ll be informed that Facebook wants to send you notifications. Tap “Allow” and you’ll get Facebook notifications via Google Chrome. This feature will only work in Google Chrome, at least for now, so you’ll need Chrome as your web browser to use it. You can also try it out on other great browsers.

If you change your mind later, and don’t want notifications, you can tap the menu button in Chrome, tap “Settings,” tap “Site settings” under Advanced, tap “Notifications,” and remove the notification permission from m.facebook.com.

How to disable or uninstall the app from your Android phone, you can generally locate the Facebook app icon in your app drawer, long-press it, and drag it to a trash icon or something similar to uninstall it. This may work differently on different phones, depending on the customizations your manufacturer made to your phone’s version of Android. If this doesn’t work, open the Settings page, tap the “Apps” category, tap the “Facebook” app, and tap “Uninstall”.

If there is no “Uninstall” button, it’s likely because your manufacturer preinstalled it on your phone, and you aren’t allowed to uninstall it. A “Disable” button should appear here instead, though; tap that to disable the app instead.

Sure, this is an old tip, but it’s amazing how many people are still struggling with Facebook’s app when there’s such a better option available. The mobile site looks almost exactly like the app, and with modern mobile web browsers faster than ever, the Facebook website is pretty snappy. Add in the ability to send messages and (on Android) push notifications, and this is a killer solution.

This also works for other social media services that provide half-decent mobile websites, of course. You could use this same process for Twitter, for example.

More @ https://techmzy./2016/01/30/why-you-should-stop-using-the-facebook-app-and-use-the-mobile-site-for-a-less-annoying-experience/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by dannewlife(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
Great !
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by blackfase(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
They created an alternative in facebook lite. Your right tho...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by zzzzy: 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
blackfase:
Facebook lite removed some features and isn't actually a full alternative.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by AngryNigerian(m): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
I believe you die, because since I uninstalled the app, it has been a 'Wow' browsing experience for me!!! Now my battery lasts for like 2 days, & u kno wat! I got my RAM space back!!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by kennyman2000(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Okay...
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by richardjemedafe1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
If u dnt agree with the 'OP' Hit LIKE..

And if do Hit shere...

11 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by martyns303(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Seen
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by jimmyolasun: 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ugh
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by law001(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
My friend and I argued this some hours ago. I still hold that the app is way better than the site.

Btw.. I'm a blackberry user not android or ios.

Those data consuming elements.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
People still do Facebook?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by AJOT99(m): 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Politicalidiot: 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
bad advise.

The same reason you use the Nairaland site?

Just tell us you are too broke to subscribe for FB.

#PoliticalIdiot
Legal Counsel for Idiots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by lordmayor4(m): 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
blackfase:

That's not even the main reason to uninstall the app.
Facebook tracks you via the app, they can record your conversation, video you, track your location via the app.

I always use the web than the app tho the BlackBerry app ok

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by UncleSnr(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Drinkwater(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
I just deleted my fb profile sad hohooo9ooooooooo
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by NairaExam690(m): 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hummmmm
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Awareness123(m): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
[size=16pt]I agree with OP[/size]
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
Same here
AngryNigerian:
I believe you die, because since I uninstalled the app, it has been a 'Wow' browsing experience for me!!! Now my battery lasts for like 2 days, & u kno wat! I got my RAM space back!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Feranchek(m): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lol
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Donald3d(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Drinkwater:
I just deleted my fb profile sad
hehehe bros dey para
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Oahray: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
On point! Even the latest opera mini has the Facebook notification feature in real time. Never liked the Facebook app.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by lonelydora: 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
Okay nah
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
This land is not for sale

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by passionate88: 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
restrict background dATA angry angry angry angry
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
No wonder; one of the reasons i struggle with my battery hours life span...
Thanks for the information.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
K
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by faites(f): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
I agree with the OP. Facebook in my blackberry is so slow. It hardly loads messages and takes forever to load up notifications. Its so frustrating. I'll try OP's advise.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by siegfried99(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
OK
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Ndifreke12(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
I deleted mine two months ago, and since then my battery life have improved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. / Latest Transparent Phone / Lastest Selfie Stick In Town....pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.