Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,389 members, 7,812,150 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon (2309 Views)

Best Mobile Browser For Downloading Movies? / Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! / Opera Mini Mobile Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Mustay(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2008
Mozilla, the firm behind the Firefox web browser expects to release the first version of its mobile internet browser within the next few weeks, while at the same time, it has been reported that Microsoft has ceased development of its own mobile internet browser, code named Deepfish.

In an interview with the San Jose Mercury News, Mozilla CEO, John Lilly confirmed that the “alpha” release of the mobile phone web browser, code named Fennec will be available before the end of the year. It has been generally expected though that a stable release for the average consumer may not be ready until the end of next year.

Lilly commented that “we [Mozilla] want to make sure that the Web on mobile is more like the Web than what the mobile industry offers today, which is closed, separate networks and not a very good information-getting experience for the user.”

Meanwhile, Microsoft has retired its own mobile browser project, Deepfish which had been designed to display web pages on mobile phones exactly as they look on a normal computer - and allow users to zoom in to read the content.

The platform would have parsed the webpages via a Microsoft server before delivering them to the mobile phone, in a similar way to how the Opera java based mobile browser works.

“Mobile browsing is now advancing to the point where mobile devices rival the desktop - which is what we wanted to see,” according to a posting on Microsoft’s Live Labs website. The company said that user feedback from the browser users would influence any future products it might be working on.

Earlier this year, ABI Research forecasted that overall growth in the mobile browser category will lead to a total pre-installed revenue of $492 million by 2013, driven by the trends of more complex HTML-based browser integration.

“Device manufacturers are interested in open-source solutions where there is a desire for increased control of their software footprint, and where they can bring internal programming resources to bear,” says research director Michael Wolf. “At the same time, vendors such as Opera are seeing strong growth in their mobile browser offerings, which provide the ability to access Web pages with advanced features such as zoom, bookmark syncing, and landscape mode, while also permitting handset vendors and operators to focus development resources elsewhere.”
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2008
@Mustay, But there is already a mobile version of firefox nau, At least, i have d sis extention link with me, So how come ur saying they ard abt to release their 1st mobile version?
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Mustay(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2008
I know and i have a "jar" version too. (http://mobilefirefox.com/)

Can you find the same application on Mozilla's site?
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2008
I don't know o, I hadn't been to their site before, You might help jtlyric with the jar version,he wants it, Em, I gues the mobile version is not in their site
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by ifeoma1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2008
I think the supposed browser was called[i]minimo[/i]. Let me google for more info
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Mustay(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2008
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
@mustay,Thanks man, Ifeoma,xpectn ur result,
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by lancevader(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2008
doez it work wth mtn trick
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by bydot1(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2008
@lance_v, it wont work with it because it doesnt support @ trick, I enjoy d FIREFOX with my zain, its fast n even got cursor on the screen just like opera mini 4.1 beta. Also support workin on many pages at a time like Opera 8.65
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by bydot1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
@lance_v, it wont work with it because it doesnt support @ trick, I enjoy d FIREFOX with my zain, its fast n even got cursor on the screen just like opera mini 4.1 beta. Also support workin on many pages at a time like Opera 8.65
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2008
@sola, i wnt wk bt i tnk dr shud b away smhw
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
@mustay
i have the firefox for mobile. But won't work with the mtn trick. It's pretty fast though. Surprised to hear u say there's another coming soon.
Can't wait to see. cheesy
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by bydot1(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2008
Hmmm, i dnt tink so
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by flyuche(m): 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
lets have screenshots of what you guys have.
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by lancevader(m): 4:16am On Oct 09, 2008
ok.bt my zain dosnt work wth it also,infact al applicatnz on my phone,except operamod.
plz ani hlp
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2008
@holyrule,Am not sure all the mobile firefox are official from Firefox group, Consisdering Mustay's 1st post undecided
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2008
@stancozy
i think so. The one around now is Teashark. Not real firefox. undecided
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2008
@stancozy
i think so. The one around now is Teashark. Not real firefox. undecided
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2008
@lance_vader
i don't think it worked with my zain,but i read someone saying it worked fine with his.
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2008
Works with zain wela
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by fdigital(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2008
@mustay thats arnt firefox its teashark olds version, nevertheless ve u guyz checked out the new windowXP mobile browser its the best . it connects without chips on ma phone
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Mustay(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2008
fdigital:

@mustay those aren't firefox's; its teashark's old version,

As indicated earlier, I wrote that Mozilla has no official Mobile browser yet
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2008
@fdigital
post the link to the Xp browser. And on what network do u use it with.
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2008
@stancozy
it doesn't work with my Zain,but let me keep trying.
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by stancozy(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2008
@fdigital,,, Expancite or Elaborate more pls
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by lancevader(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2008
holyrule same tin in here it isnt workng wth mi zain.
and i didnt si ur yim that u sent mi
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2008
@lance_vader
ok. Check it now. Maybe it didn't go. undecided
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by shallysexy: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2008
@ All
Pls how can i use mtn trick on my k750i with opera 4.1
U can mail me on
patricia4can@yahoo.com
Pls
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by Holyrule(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2008
Hmmm,shallysexy,
the ever new sexy babe. Call me midnight on my 0809uchoose. wink
Before i open my eyes,make sure you've gone through threads. angry
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by shallysexy: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2008
shallysexy:

@ All
please how can i use mtn trick on my k750i with opera 4.1
U can mail me on
patricia4can@yahoo.com
please
Re: Firefox Mobile Browser Coming Soon by lancevader(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2008
it wunt work

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Phones Is A Scam / If You Understand What VTU Is Please Click Thread (glo) / Earn Free Airtime Any Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.